1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Son of Zeus

Things you dislike/hate in GTA V

SuperGTFan

The dislike/hate is strong on this one.

Geralt of Rivia

Improper implementation of Counties and Jurisdictions.

What do you mean by that?

PhillBellic

Why does the Los Santos County Sheriffs Department patrol Blaine County?

SuperGTFan

Why does the Los Santos County Sheriffs Department patrol Blaine County?Because the police over there are nothing but a confused, transgender prostitute, they don't know who to serve. 😂 Edited by SuperGTFan

UAL

Multiple characters - Yeah it had it's appeal during the previews, but I just don't think it worked. It just lead to characters being underdeveloped and seeming pointless at times (Franklin). Why have 3 characters when the story was clearly all about Michael. I seriously hope they go back to one protagonist for the next instalment.

Superficial world - As much as i think V was an overall disappointment, the game world looked stunning. But the key word here is looked. Overall it just felt non interactive, mainly because of the lack of interiors and linear NPC activity. Red Dead Redemption was a perfect example of what a living, breathing and interactive game world should be like.

Lack of criminal side activities - There was a grand total of 2 fleshed out criminal side activities - and these were only for one character. Simply not good enough for a game that is meant to be about crime.

NPC's - Apart from standing around smoking and looking at their phones, they don't really do much. Although the phone calls they have are always interesting to listen in to. NPC's don't engage in their own criminal activities or seem to have their own agendas/purposes. To be totally honest, we went back to GTA 3 with the NPC activity here.

Car/vehicle storage - Completely unacceptable amount of storage for the sheer number of vehicles available (not to mention customisation options). Who ever made the decision to have all 3 garages within a small radius of Los Santos needs to be fired. This huge game world we have yet we can't store vehicles out in the desert/wilderness/outside of LS? What an absolute joke.

Map design/layout - The problem here, like my above point, is that everything seems to be situated in LS even though we have this huge map. Not a single car wash in blaine county, or any unique points of interests outside of LS. It just feels as if there is no need to leave LS.

Safehouses - Again such a huge map yet we don't have the freedom to stay outside of LS (apart from Trevor's default safe house) another shockingly bad decision made even worser by the false advertising on the first gameplay trailer.

Businesses - The most flawed part of the game for me. Pointless addition. Boring/repetitive/non engaging side quests that offer no reward what so ever. Clearly added on at the last minute.

Narrative decisions - Yeah lets take Franklin out of the action completely and place him in a lonely mansion that is a complete nightmare to navigate to and from. They should have developed the Franklin narrative more and had his Aunt move to SF or some sh*t so he would have become the sole owner of the house. Don't get me wrong the mansion is cool but again the players freedom gets taken away here, the Chamberlain Hills safe house should be useable throughout the entire game. Another horrible decision.

I could go on and on but I'll stop here.

Racuch89

I hate the fact that they removed advanced ragdoll system from 4. I liked being able to beat up someone (hooker) xd and take their money without killing them. Now even silent takedowns who looks like simple knocking out somebody for temporary unconsciouness are lethal.

theGTAking101

- Loading times

On what platform are you playing on? The game loads within 15 seconds for me, on PC.

On Xbox One. I'm actually talking about the online loading times. When the game came out it was fine but now it's really slow, even worse than last gen. The loading times in SP are decent.

Slam_Jones

I honked at a cop and ended up on a 2-star chase.

:)

Dangerous and sad

I honked at a cop and ended up on a 2-star chase.

:)

don't get me started with standing beside them or staring at them. Oh the pain I've suffered lol

Tycek

-storyline and all things connected to it.

Seriously, it was plain garbage and one of the most cringeworthy storylines I've seen in recent years. Not only it was full of cheap shockers and cliches , but it lead absolutely nowhere, making all these hours simply wasted. Many of the extremely small number of missions were simply wasted on buying things or collecting cars, which was taking 5 minutes at best leaving us with 45 missions for three characters, not allowing any character development or making a bond between us and the characters we were using.

Additionally we got a plethora of most sh*tty characters, with no one being even remotely interesting (maybe with exception of Michael, but he's mix of main characters from movies Heat and Thief) and the antagonists were one of the worst I've seen ever. If you want to write an intimidating cop/agent, look back at Edgar Ross or Frank Tenpenny - two guys, that were making our lives hard, by simply showing us our place in the world. This time we got some pussy f*cker threatening us with "or else" or some businessman without any reason to be in the story (funny fact, in the beginning they were one character, which can be unfortunately felt).

To be honest I doubt if I would finish it twice if I hadn't to (and I had to do it due to stupid bug).

-Rockstar newly found love for online gaming

It's not a problem if game features both SP and Online aspect, but only if one of them isn't build with the cost of the other. And many of aspects of SP are tailored strictly for online balance (why Rancher has 5 doors and Bobcat has long bed this time? Simply to be balanced with other Suvs and Vans respectively). Additionally SP is full of bugs like disappearing random encounters, business calls or even whole side activities, but R* doesn't give two dead dog's tugs about them, because cash is flowing steadily from cash cards.

-Idiotic ideas breaking the gameplay.

IV wasn't ideal in all the aspects, but it had many great ideas, increasing the fun and making the game pleasant. Instead of tweaking the good ones to make them even better and fixing the wrong ones, why not throw everything out and replace it the half assed version of everything. Almost everything in terms of mechanics is inferior to its counterpart in IV (with exception of cover system, which is more fluent, but lacks crouching, so it's debatable as well). And this can't be defended in any way, because nobody with logical thinking would throw something working away to make a step back.

Edited by Tycek

Dangerous and sad

-storyline and all things connected to it.

Seriously, it was plain garbage and one of the most cringeworthy storylines I've seen in recent years. Not only it was full of cheap shockers and cliches , but it lead absolutely nowhere, making all these hours simply wasted. Many of the extremely small number of missions were simply wasted on buying things or collecting cars, which was taking 5 minutes at best leaving us with 45 missions for three characters, not allowing any character development or making a bond between us and the characters we were using.

Additionally we got a plethora of most sh*tty characters, with no one being even remotely interesting (maybe with exception of Michael, but he's mix of main characters from movies Heat and Thief) and the antagonists were one of the worst I've seen ever. If you want to write an intimidating cop/agent, look back at Edgar Ross or Frank Tenpenny - two guys, that were making our lives hard, by simply showing us our place in the world. This time we got some pussy f*cker threatening us with "or else" or some businessman without any reason to be in the story (funny fact, in the beginning they were one character, which can be unfortunately felt).

To be honest I doubt if I would finish it twice if I hadn't to (and I had to do it due to stupid bug).

-Rockstar newly found love for online gaming

It's not a problem if game features both SP and Online aspect, but only if one of them isn't build with the cost of the other. And many of aspects of SP are tailored strictly for online balance (why Rancher has 5 doors and Bobcat has long bed this time? Simply to be balanced with other Suvs and Vans respectively). Additionally SP is full of bugs like disappearing random encounters, business calls or even whole side activities, but R* doesn't give two dead dog's tugs about them, because cash is flowing steadily from cash cards.

-Idiotic ideas breaking the gameplay.

IV wasn't ideal in all the aspects, but it had many great ideas, increasing the fun and making the game pleasant. Instead of tweaking the good ones to make them even better and fixing the wrong ones, why not throw everything out and replace it the half assed version of everything. Almost everything in terms of mechanics is inferior to its counterpart in IV (with exception of cover system, which is more fluent, but lacks crouching, so it's debatable as well). And this can't be defended in any way, because nobody with logical thinking would throw something working away to make a step back.

i will defend gta v singleplayer to the death, but there's no denying the story was weak. I felt no joy killing stretch or Wei cheng, and only a small bit killing Weston and Haines

A.O.D.88

1. Can't buy mansions/luxury safehouse property in Singleplayer- if the "pursuit of the almighty dollar" is the central theme of GTA V Story mode then why in the heck is there not anything worthwhile for our 3 Protags to spend our hard earned heist and stock market money on?

2. Gross over-obsession with the online multiplayer- GTA is a Singleplayer franchise to its roots so why does the Online have more and better content than Singleplayer does like purchasable safehouses, huge multiple garages, and advanced item inventory?

If Rockstar keeps abusing and crapping on their core Singleplayer fanbase like this, they will lose us permanently to better SP Devs like Bethesda, Witcher 3 Dev, Ubisoft, Volition, and Naughty Dog!

Edited by A.O.D.88

PhillBellic

Lack of Major Infrastructure in Blaine County, like Garages, and Car Washes.

OurJud

I hate how narrow the handlbars are on mountain bikes. I only play in first-person and it completely ruins the effect, as it feels like you're riding a child's bicycle.

maxresdefault.jpg

OurJud

Their f*cking updates! All they manage to achieve with these things is a whole list of bugs and glitches that weren't there before!!

Since the latest, I can no longer sprint while in FP by just holding the R1 button alone (I have to hold the left stick forward the whole time), and every time I get in a vehicle I get flooded with hints and tips like I'm playing the game for the first time, despite reaching 100% about six months ago.

Thelema93

How you get a wanted level the millisecond after you commit a crime. I mean how fast can those LS peds dial.

SuperGTFan

The Dynamic Score "Predator" seems to always happens to be the first theme to start playing during a wanted level outside of LS, which is IMO one of the weakest scores in the game.

Edited by SuperGTFan

Thelema93

The default look of Franklin's Bagger. It's seriously one of the ugliest bikes I've seen. It looks much better if you take of the faring, remove the saddle bags and change the colour to brushed steel.

Amazing Ace

- Rhino turret traverse speed

- Rhino turret traverse doesn't make any sounds (Ex- GTA: Vice City Rhino turret had sounds when it traversed)

- Rhino handling

- Rhino track mechanics

- Why does the Rhino have eight generic lights on the hull front? Tanks of this time period only have two or four, or even a blackout light. Also, never seen a tank with eight hull lights...

- Cars don't explode, even when a tank runs over one (most of the time)

- Rhino's main gun is like an autoloader on steroids

- Rhino's main gun sound

- Rhino driver's hatch is clearly visible, yet you get in via hatch on the left sponson

- Gun sounds

Honestly I think that Rockstar should have made the tank gameplay a little more realistic ("realistic"-- the tank looks like it needs a four man crew to operate), even though it's not a large part of the story. But hey, I'm probably the only one that's ever complained about it.

LukashenkOO7

- the worst radio (in my opinion).
- just a few enterable buildings. Even GTA EFLC have more bars and clubs. Whole LS and Blaine Couny seems like big decoration without anything to do. Buildings that was enterable during some missions aren't enterable in other time.
- some stupid side missions (7 same and so [email protected]&n boring missions for Tonya (the worst missions in history of GTA), mission where you need to walk 8km (R* are you kiddin'?), etc.).
- Who killed Leonora Johnson. I hope it was something like LA Noire but we just should find scraps of letter. It's so boring.
- If you don't shoot enemy in the head you need 1000000 bullets to kill him. You shoot him and he falls. Then he stand up and fall again. And it goes on forever.
- The new update that brought some new bugs.

Edited by LukashenkOO7

B Dawg

What is there not to dislike/hate? Here's some of the biggest gameplay failures:

Shooting mechanics: Oversimplified, weapons have very little if not zero bulletspread, letting you run n gun with every bullet being pin point accurate.

Driving mechanics: Simplified SA handling with driving assists and horribly done performance tuning, oversensitive steering, and the like.

Fighting mechanics: Oversimplified and ridiculous. Bitch slaps kill people? Rubberbanding across the floor to the enemy? What the f*ck?

Lack of good side activities and rewards.

Lack of essential cheats.

Health Regeneration. Stupid modern day health system.

No crouch.

Turbulence.

Forced hitmarkers and screen flashes.

Eram

I really hate some of the new hate threads at GTAV topic...

Surely one can't like everything, can prefer some features from any of the series and even hate some stuff of V, but still making some new hate GTA thread on a forum that was originally made for GTA fans really blows my mind away.

Anyway, Love it or Hate it, deal with it properly, if not go shoot some 14y olds @GTAO!

dominykas

i hate the bike handling, because after i played gta 4 for a bout 4-5 years i really started to like the awy bikes handled and so i got really attached to it and looking at this screenshot rockstar relieved before the game was released http://www.thegtaplace.com/images/gtav/screenshots/V-8-1280.jpg i expected it to be similar to gta 4 but better, and as most of you know, the bike handling isnt that great as it turns too fast and it looks unrealistic.

if i was honest, i dont like the game itself, i was expecting rockstar to do a better job at developing this game because they really hyped it up with all the screenshots and when the actual game got released i was disappointed becuase i spent £50 on the game for my xbox 360 and even after that, the game wasnt even finished, it took an extra year for the heists to be released and in my opinion the game is boring now. the only thing that keeps me playing this game is the mods. if there wasnt any mods, i would have forgotten this game existed at all.

also i kinf of hate the lack of car damage, i had to download several mods to increase it but it still doesnt seem realistic

Edited by dominykas

Dangerous and sad

- Rhino turret traverse doesn't make any sounds (Ex- GTA: Vice City Rhino turret had sounds when it traversed)

- Rhino handling

- Rhino track mechanics

- Why does the Rhino have eight generic lights on the hull front? Tanks of this time period only have two or four, or even a blackout light. Also, never seen a tank with eight hull lights...

- Rhino's main gun sound

- Rhino driver's hatch is clearly visible, yet you get in via hatch on the left sponson

- Gun sounds

Honestly I think that Rockstar should have made the tank gameplay a little more realistic ("realistic"-- the tank looks like it needs a four man crew to operate), even though it's not a large part of the story. But hey, I'm probably the only one that's ever complained about it.

really wish the mounted gun on the tank would be used.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I really hate some of the new hate threads at GTAV topic...

Surely one can't like everything, can prefer some features from any of the series and even hate some stuff of V, but still making some new hate GTA thread on a forum that was originally made for GTA fans really blows my mind away.

If you hate these types of threads then you don't have to click on them, you know? No matter how much you love a game, you're going to have a least one thing you hate about it and sometimes it's just better to get those views out. I don't see a problem with that, it's just like venting. It's pointless but it makes you feel better.

Amazing Ace

- Rhino handling

- Rhino track mechanics

- Rhino's main gun sound

- Gun sounds

really wish the mounted gun on the tank would be used.

Which one? I think the coaxial should have been able to be used. The MG on the commander's cupola can't though, as there's technically no one up in the turret.

bowbra100

Rhino is now like tissue paper.

LordRaijin

Things I dislike and hate about GTA V:

Story Mode

*Terrible Heists that didn't make logical sense.

*Terrible Police AI

* Parachuting side quests. I want to actually enjoy parachuting, not get all competitive, and chase after a ring for points.

* The Three protags. Why could there be just one?

* The Flight School. I wish I can murder the instructor for giving me such bad instructions.

* The disappearance act of Police officers. One moment they're there chasing after me, and the next they pull a vanishing act on me. Same with helicopters. You turn one way, and next they just disappear on me. Same when I lose the cops. On the map you have cops surrounding you yet when you lose them they just all disappear out of thin air like if nothing had ever happen.

* Terrible story. I do not find being a billionaire and a couple of corrupted federal workers bitch to be much of an entertainment. What a load of sh*t that was.

* No consequences that resulted in the actions I took. You can commit terrorist acts against two federal buildings yet nothing happens.

*No 6 stars... I was hoping that the military would get involved instead of dealing with NOOSE all day.

*Severe lack of interiors. Rockstar seems to forget that some of us like to explore, and use this platform to RP.

*Not enough Police patrolling their designated area.

*Unable to aid law enforcement during a shoot out. If you try they attack you.

I hate everything that is in online. No need for me to make a big list. I just hate every damn aspects of it. It's a total failure. F----------.

SuperGTFan

I hate how the Laser Jet never comes after you in the wanted level, and it only shows up if you're flying over Zancudo.

Amazing Ace

I hate how the Laser Jet never comes after you in the wanted level, and it only shows up if you're flying over Zancudo.

Well that thing is like instant death so I'd rather not have it flying over me all the time.