4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Son of Zeus

Things you dislike/hate in GTA V

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Cops online. That's it for me.

Finally you and I agree on something. I don't know why you don't have the option to turn cops off in free mode with your buddies. It sucks that you can't mess around and blow sh*t up without being penalized in one way or another.

Osho

This section ( as well - the topic ) deals with single player only!

No online talk(s) here, please.

Geralt of Rivia

I've gotten used to the vehicular physics and have come to like them.

amaze.jpg

OT:

Turbulence is majorly annoying.

I dislike that first person will probably only be in this GTA, and not any further ones.

This section ( as well - the topic ) deals with single player only!
No online talk(s) here, please

ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE

Edited by Geralt of Rivia

Beyond72

- everytime I go to the cinema they show this sh*tty, boring "Capolavoro" movie, so I´d like to see more variety there

To be fair there are 3 different films by the time you do the Solomon/Studio missions. ( You have to go at a certain times to catch them.)

Edited by Beyond72

SuperGTFan

When your car is destined to explode when it catch's a flame from molotov or burned cars, even if you never damaged the car with shooting or crashing.

daliakiller

Simple physics (cars, body, impacts)

Poor vehicular damage

Lack of infinite tasks like the gang/drug wars and vigilante from the Episodes and IV

Gun sounds

The rest is pretty good and to be honest it is a very satisfying game to play. It runs smooth until i hit something and the physics go full retard. The damage simply isnt enough. Fighting, exploring the endless uses of the refined Euphoria physics and crashing cars was one of the most enjoyable things to do in IV. Sadly this isnt the case here.

The cops are also too accurate and there is no winning against them. You only have the option to flee or die within seconds. There used to be fun parking a car anywhere and start a shootout. Now there is just innevitable death if you stand out of cover for 2 seconds.

The AK sound was menacing and packed a huge blow on any victim's body part where the bullet hit. Every shoot had a different reaction ALWAYS. That was the case with any weapon. Now we were given pop cap weapons with letal leg shot ability.

Regarding endless non scripted missions like vigilante and drug/gang wars, it would only expand the gameplay value. It was always fun to play them. Period.

Even with this flaws, V is still a great game to play.

Beyond72

The boring default cars for each character, which are forced on the player.
The limited amount of road races. Why not have more when Franklin buys LSC at least?

The way UFO parts weren't unlocked from the start. When some players like to explore the map early on.
Police chases can be limited and not as fun as they could be.
Not being able to buy fast food. Pure immersion killer.

Breitsmeister

Loading times

GTA Online

Gun sounds

Car sounds are way to soft

Radiostations have terrible music, backstreet boys wtf???

Enormous guns in fp view

Trevor is an annoying crybaby

The story is too light and weak for a GTA game.

Deformation of cars

Robo cops

Stupid civilians, they get mad when your walking too close

Clunky fp view, i mean bf or cs has way better gameplay

There isnt much left too make this a good game.

theGTAking101

- Map:

• Mount Josiah is way to big
  • Forest and desert are way too small
  • Highway just circles around the map
  • No sense of isolation
  • City transitions into countryside too fast
  • Hood is too small
  • Roads are too wide
  • Overall layout is just broken

- Story:

• Way too short
  • Characters too inconsistent
  • Terrible antagonists
  • Too much FIB
  • Lame ending
  • Other than Michael and Trevor, all the characters aren't well developed

- Cops:

• No cops patrolling the streets
  • They rarely use the Stanier cop car
  • Liveries are messed up
  • Way too trigger happy
  • X-ray vision
  • They can spawn on the side of a mountain and they know where you are at all times
  • Only use shotguns and pistols
  • Aimbot

- Interiors:

• Mission interiors are locked
  • Can't run and use weapons inside
  • No restaurants

- Peds:

• Don't do anything interesting
  • Get scared too easily
  • Always call the cops for no reason

- Physics:

• Peds don't budge when you walk into them
  • Ragdoll is dumbed down from IV
  • Cars won't budge when you hit them with a truck
  • Melee combat is horrendous

- Rockstar's obsession with Online:

• So many missing features from SP, but are present in MP
  • Lazy car storage system in SP
  • Can't buy houses in SP
  • Almost 2 years and still no word on SP DLC

- Car damage is almost non existent

- Can't crouch

- Guns sound like toys

- Loading times

- Very little crime related activities

- Game is boring after you complete it

I love V, it's my 2nd favorite GTA game, but this here shows just how flawed it is.

Edited by theGTAking101

Officer Garza

This is why Watch_Dogs police are better IMO due to them using the carbine rifles alongside with the shotguns and pistols.

theGTAking101

This is why Watch_Dogs police are better IMO due to them using the carbine rifles alongside with the shotguns and pistols.

I always loved the police chases and shootouts in WD.

zuckmeslow

The map

The story

The character developement

The writing

The physics

The car handling

The ragdoll

The sound quality

The guns

The gun sound

The pedestrians

The humor

The radio

Officer Garza

What did you think of them?

theGTAking101

I thought the guns were really fun to shoot and I liked the gun sounds. I also liked taking cover and hacking things to mess with them.

Officer Garza

I thought the guns were really fun to shoot and I liked the gun sounds. I also liked taking cover and hacking things to mess with them.

Same here, best police I have ever seen in a game, they take cover well and fire in bursts instead of firing wildly.

The Deadite

-the car phisics are really unenjoyable, cars fly in IV whren rammed with a Phantom, in V they just break a wheel and barely move.

-the explosions, i miss the trails from V.

-how short is the story.

-the arcady Bike driving.

-no crouching

-being unable to remove the butt of every weapon.

-we have a married character, but he can't have a "hot coffe" with Amandal.

-you can only be topless when you finish the game. :/

-i like Trevor, but he was written in middle of meth party.

makchamp

This game is very good overall but jesus christ Rockstar dropped the ball BIG TIME with the cops. I can't even begin to tell you how f*cking broken the cop system is. Thankfully mod tweaks will make this game perfect.

Also why the f*ck is the invincibility cheat only 5 minutes ???

To be honest if San Andreas had the controls and physics of this game I'd be still playing that. It's all about little things really. It just seems like Rockstar voluntarily decided to remove some elements that are really quite simple to implement but that greatly improve the fun factor. Again it's still a fantastic game.

Edited by makchamp

American Venom

Not explained how the Lost got to Los Santos, why Johnny got hooked on drugs and went back to Ashley

Since GTA V fails on most levels as a narrative and has more plot holes than the Titantic has rust holes I think it's because they were too busy trying to think of the ultimate "OMG did that just happen?" moment for tranny boy Trev then worry about explaining how and why things happen the way they do.

Osho

As many have said, the biggest disappointment has to be the map itself. The way it has been designed with lots of open wide, empty, spaces makes a chore to travel from point A to point B and soon becomes boring.

They could have done a lot better by decreasing the scale and putting more efforts into offering more variety, interiors, depth, and everything to make each area worth visiting to explore and just enjoy driving around without passing through the same boring areas that appear like ghost towns.

LS in V compared to LS in SA is a day and night difference in terms of overall feel to make it more interesting.

f*ck graphics, that doesn't help to immerse yourself more than having lots of interactions and things to do in them.

What an utterly forgettable map. Nothing stands out except for beautiful exteriors and landscapes to show off for taking snaps.

Ugh booooring. GTA SA seems so, soo much, fun even with those cartoonish graphics.

American Venom

As many have said, the biggest disappointment has to be the map itself. The way it has been designed with lots of open wide, empty, spaces makes a chore to travel from point A to point B and soon becomes boring.

They could have done a lot better by decreasing the scale and putting more efforts into offering more variety, interiors, depth, and everything to make each area worth visiting to explore and just enjoy driving around without passing through the same boring areas that appear like ghost towns.

LS in V compared to LS in SA is a day and night difference in terms of overall feel to make it more interesting.

f*ck graphics, that doesn't help to immerse yourself more than having lots of interactions and things to do in them.

What an utterly forgettable map. Nothing stands out except for beautiful exteriors and landscapes to show off for taking snaps.

Ugh booooring. GTA SA seems so, soo much, fun even with those cartoonish graphics.

Agreed. It is indeed beautiful especially for taking photos, but I kind feel like there's no incentive to explore which is sad considering its size. A lot of it has to do with as you said a lack of interaction.

It all feels a bit "You can look, but can't touch".

Red Hat

- Loading times

On what platform are you playing on? The game loads within 15 seconds for me, on PC.

Aerovitia

On last-gen console, sure. It's really RAM depending on PC, however. I got approx. 30 seconds on my PC, 6GB RAM (but with 667 Mhz speed lol). Still longer than IV though, quite obviously.

OT: FPS mode are really good, but it's really joking when you're driving. The steering wheel are too small for real cars, (on par with Logitech G27 / DFGT which is smaller than real steering wheel). No shifting animation are also a joke (it's cringeworthy when you drive Adder but it looks like you're driving a Prius, makes no sense).

I tolerate about lack of reflection on mirrors though, as it actually takes a lot of performance, unless you cut off every single aspect & features into "Southern San Andreas Driving Simulator" only.

Nick1020

*Long one folks*

The Story:

-The fact Franklin wasn't really the main protagonist and how less detailed he is compared to Michael and Trevor.

-How less detail the supporting

characters were compared to 4 and DLCs. Even the side had were better detailed in my opinion of course.

-No truly memorable characters other than Trevor.

-The Cliched antagonists. In 4 the story showed how much of an asshole Dmitry was and how he went to great lengths to try and kill Niko and Roman. In 5, the story doesn't make you want to really kill them. They feel more of a bothersome.

The Vehicles:

-I hate vehicles in the same class have the same bland interiors and the fact they have no real uniqueness. I mean look the the Cosgensecti Cabrio. Looks nothing luxurious.

-The lack of diversity and the shortage of vehicles. I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me on this but gta 5 should of had more vehicles.

The rest

-Police don't arrest npcs just shoot them

-No side quest or real criminal activities

-Hate how small Sandy Shores, Paleto Bay and Franklin's neighborhood is. Wish it was more city

-Less missions

BlackSnow176

The death of Johnny Klebitz and The Lost M.C.

Wade

Too much computer recorded autotune pop (C.R.A.P.)

Too much fake rap

The lack of good music compared to previous GTA titles

The lack of bears and wolves in the woods

Boring and forgetable antagonists you didn't care about

Boring and forgetable secondary characters you didn't care about (with few exceptions)

Hunting missions

Cletus

Not being able to kill Cletus without failing the mission

There wasn't any hunters in the wild for you to blow up

Not enough Michael

Not enough Trevor

Not enough Franklin

Not enough Lester

Not enough Lamar

Not enough Ron

Not enough Jimmy

Not enough reptilians

Not enough sharks

Not enough heists

Not enough rampages for Trevor

Most importantly, not being able to dismember people like in GTA III and Postal 2 :/

Overall I love GTA V for its story, gameplay and main characters, but I wish there was more.

Edited by BlackSnow176

PhillBellic

Improper implementation of Counties and Jurisdictions.

SM00V OPERATOR

I dislike all the online features not being in story mode. I essentially dislike Online all together.

I dislike the characters changing instantly after I switched to another character.

the list goes on, and GTA V is a great game... but they really left a lot of easy things out in an attempt to make it unique and cater to all three individual protagonists more than catering to the way you want those protagonists to be.

Son of Zeus

Not explained how the Lost got to Los Santos, why Johnny got hooked on drugs and went back to Ashley

Since GTA V fails on most levels as a narrative and has more plot holes than the Titantic has rust holes I think it's because they were too busy trying to think of the ultimate "OMG did that just happen?" moment for tranny boy Trev then worry about explaining how and why things happen the way they do.

Haha well said. The idea of Johnny's death was purely for shock value. "Omgg look how badass Trevor is!!" Really cringeworthy. Edited by Son of Zeus

PhillBellic

This;

500px-Vapid_Interceptor_Unit_(Front)-GTA

That fugly livery ruins the Vapid Torero PI.

beretta-gt88

I hate how every mission,side activity and random events are very little to do less of everything.

I hate Online!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I played and I'm level 92 but it's boring as hell! Online stole everything that would of made V great

Can't replace Protags vehicles my characters have millions and nothing to buy no houses or garages

I hate only having one city

I hate no Vigilante missions Micheal and Trevor got cop outfits but what for?

all side activities are no fun Yoga,Golf,Darts,Towing cars what's fun about them?

Can't go eat anywhere only buy snacks and drink from pop machines

Car classes unbalanced sedans with coupes and vice versa I hate only Gauntlet aka Challenger and Dominator aka Mustang but no version of a Camaro

I hate the sharing of interiors with vehicles ,some vehicles not having customization no NOS SA and TBOGT did Can't customize Monster trucks or Taxi's

I hate Turbulance while flying helicopters can't fly straight WTF! Planes no problem

not enough variety in vehicles why did R* not bring all vehicles from IV to V missed opportunity

I hate no custom RGB in LSC

Where's the huge car list of vehicles to be stolen? I mean this is Grand Theft Auto right?

Pedinhuh

Things I hate the most:
-The incredibly weak storyline;
-The characters, all of them;
-The dumbed down ragdoll physics;
-The dumbed down driving physcis;
-The dumbed down vehicular damage physics;

Things that I hate less, but still are irritating:
-How some actions are the same for each character, example: M,F, T and OC all have the same ridiculous fighting style, like every other NPC, the also jump the same, have the same stance while shooting and the very same animations while driving;
-The "random events" that are not really random if they can be triggered at any time by just going to the specific locations;
-The melee fighting system in general, sucker punching people IS not enough to kill them, damnit!
-How our characters can't keep the outfits we put them on;
-The horrible map layout, the details and size are ok though;
-The boring, lifeless NPCs;
-The features that are in online and could very well be in singleplayer, yet aren't, such as: Discarding any weapons from the weapon wheel, insurance, tracker and mechanic for cars you store in your safehouse garage, using snacks to replenish your health, storing over 10 armors, being able to change outfits on the interaction menu, the heists update vehicles, the reserve parachute, calling Pegasus to deliver your vehicles instead of driving all the way to the hangers, calling Lester to lose your wanted level, calling merryweather for ammo, chopper lift or backup.

To be fair, I still like this game a lot, but given these things, I only play online nowadays because some of these things are fixed there, like dropping any weapon we don't like from the weapon wheel. i stopped playing SP.

Edited by pedinhuh