2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Issues regarding heists

TovarishTony

TovarishTony

From my steam thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/615086038677612010/

Heists are a fun feature for GTA Online but it has serious flaws.. Its the community itself where we ended up getting leavers or bad pilots where there are times that after failing a heist on the first try someone leaves thus forcing us to disband the crew. I have to send suggestions which part of the heists should be revised

1. Allow Lester the Molester or someone else to replace leavers with NPCs on some roles like Pilot,Demolition,Driver and others that are not too complicated for the AI.

2. Allow some setup missions to be done with only 1-2 ppl as they are similar to regular missions

3. Intentional leavers should be penalized by confiscating their cut to the heist leader on the final heist as they will be replaced by an AI e.g. Lester sends Eddie Toh like Fleeca. I know this is a dick move but they deserve it for ruining heists.

4. Not so important roles in heist finales e.g. Demolitions and pilots should get an option to be piloted by NPCs instead to prevent hassles.(This is optional and up to the heist leader to do that)

5. Heists are not hard if you know what to do but what makes it really hard is the players themselves.

6. A better system to regroup everyone who didn't leave the heist instead of waiting for Lester's invite thus a huge chance to lose them

I send friend requests to people who do the setup missions and heists well because of their good performance just like I add them when they did good on survival,missions and others.

Edited by TovarishTony

Quinn_flower

1 and 4 no. that kinda defeats the purpose of doing these heist.

heist is our raid mode like other mmos have.

you dont think r* explored every options when creating these. I mean they scrapped a bunch of ideas before getting this one.

as for number 5 not everyone is a pro since they havent done any heist yet. heist is more designed for friends or crews like destiny raid mode.

I would like to see the percentage of how many players have completed heist.

Edited by Quinn_flower

GamesBoy316

Having a NPC for heists beats the purpose of playing online, even though it saves time. If I wanted a NPC to fill a role, I would just play Singelpalyer.

Edited by GamesBoy316

TovarishTony

What I said about NPCs are just optional and not required to do so. Those leavers are the most annoying ones for the heists and not the heists themselves even though im not intended to rip them off with low cuts as I just give a fair 40-20-20-20. 40 because I was the leader and I shouldered the setup costs while I don't get anything besides RP in setup missions.

Sky_Light12

uhh.... i think the NPC will be glitched like mechanic , adding to " rage list "

the best option to find a good players is meetup section . but u can also find some " professionals " on related topic ( example : found topic about race wins , you find someone with high win than lose , which u guessed that person is good at driving ) . this minimize chance of losing

BarryRiley

Do you realise how difficult programming AI is? At the moment it would be impossible to get an NPC to perform anything but basic driving/shooting and all finale roles need more than that.

As for 2 player setups I agree. I don't understand why they shoehorned pointless roles in to setups just to force us to have 4 players

TacoSmuggler

From my steam thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/615086038677612010/

Heists are a fun feature for GTA Online but it has serious flaws.. Its the community itself where we ended up getting leavers or bad pilots where there are times that after failing a heist on the first try someone leaves thus forcing us to disband the crew. I have to send suggestions which part of the heists should be revised

1. Allow Lester the Molester or someone else to replace leavers with NPCs on some roles like Pilot,Demolition,Driver and others that are not too complicated for the AI.

2. Allow some setup missions to be done with only 1-2 ppl as they are similar to regular missions

3. Intentional leavers should be penalized by confiscating their cut to the heist leader on the final heist as they will be replaced by an AI e.g. Lester sends Eddie Toh like Fleeca. I know this is a dick move but they deserve it for ruining heists.

4. Not so important roles in heist finales e.g. Demolitions and pilots should get an option to be piloted by NPCs instead to prevent hassles.(This is optional and up to the heist leader to do that)

5. Heists are not hard if you know what to do but what makes it really hard is the players themselves.

6. A better system to regroup everyone who didn't leave the heist instead of waiting for Lester's invite thus a huge chance to lose them

I send friend requests to people who do the setup missions and heists well because of their good performance just like I add them when they did good on survival,missions and others.

'Not so important roles'

Good luck doing Prison Break with guys who don't know how to fly. We'll see how important it is then.

I'd rather replace the guys doing nothing but shooting targets, NPCs are good at that.

For sure it is annoying if randoms mess things up by leaving etc, but I wouldn't change it. They should be challenging. NPC's would reduce the challenge.

What I think would be good if they introduce more heists is if they were 3-6 players. With fewer players it would be harder, but you'd split the final cut fewer ways. A lot of the heists could easily be padded out to allow extra players on crowd control etc.

The reason for this is it is a bit difficult if you've got friends online who are not in exact multiples of 4. Heist takes time and there's a danger people get left out.

TovarishTony

'Not so important roles'

Good luck doing Prison Break with guys who don't know how to fly. We'll see how important it is then.

I'd rather replace the guys doing nothing but shooting targets, NPCs are good at that.

I noticed Prison Break as Pilot where it has a psychological factor on that part where if the Demo is no good on the buzzard then the pilot could get scared when enemy jets are chasing him. He could panic and ended up damaging the plane when landing. The demo is more important as he could make the pilot feel safe. It did work for me as I had a friend of mine who did the job well just because I destroyed jets,choppers and cop cars around him and we won the heist. I let the 2 100+ be guard and prisoner. But still Prisoner is the best role for that heist.

Edit: I may consider removing NPCs on actual heists but on setup missions is still could be considered

Edited by TovarishTony

Sky_Light12

oh , few more thing :

an option set weapon " owned weapon " ( entire team can access their weapon ) or " provided weapon " ( provided by leader themselves , bought from ammu-nation alongside it's tint , ammunition amount and even it's customization per player . even edition weapons can be provided but only for duration of heist . provided weapon can't be kept after heist but still retained even next heist until finale completion . though , heist itself may still provide the required weapons such as silenced special carbine for pacific standard )

purchasing armory package ( which contain firepowers . one purchase consist 4 package that contain a set of weapons & full armor , range from SMG to sniper rifle to heavy to thrown ) . it can be placed at will but only flat ground , unrestricted area ( airport , prison , military base , etc . certain part from heist's setting also restricted ) and Land ( not water or air )

variety buff : full metal jacket ( increase damage from bullet based weapon ) , pinpoint ( increase accuracy and reduces recoil ) , stalker ( minimize noise from gunshot and footstep ) , kevlar vest ( reduce damage taken from bullet based weapon ) & wheelie ( improve any vehicle's handling that player drives/piloted/rides )

exclusive buff : hollow point ( increase damage from bullet based weapon , stronger than full metal jacket . do not apply to vehicle weapon ) , hawk eye ( increase accuracy and 0% recoil , better than pinpoint ) , silent sneaker ( no noise made from player even if they're running/shoot point-blank range on guard unless they're in direct line of sight , bested stalker ) , flak jacket ( reduce both damage taken from explosive and bullets , more advanced than kevlar vest ) , adrealine junkie ( greatly increase crashing/vehicle weapon's damage to other vehicle or person , mass , handling , speed & durability , overpowering wheelie ) & sixth sense ( allow user see enemies on wall even if they're not show up on radar , tell user which player they're after and their path )

Edited by Sky_Light12

Here is a novel idea......make friends. Problem solved !

Those of us who have friends do not have this problem. The only problem we have, which friends to invite.

TovarishTony

Those of us who have friends do not have this problem. The only problem we have, which friends to invite.

True as I got my pilot from my old heist crew yesterday and I really protected his ass on the velum. Sending friend requests to those who do heists well will do.

As I said on my earlier replies leavers are the worst thing to heists

TacoSmuggler

'Not so important roles'

I noticed Prison Break as Pilot where it has a psychological factor on that part where if the Demo is no good on the buzzard then the pilot could get scared when enemy jets are chasing him. He could panic and ended up damaging the plane when landing. The demo is more important as he could make the pilot feel safe. It did work for me as I had a friend of mine who did the job well just because I destroyed jets,choppers and cop cars around him and we won the heist. I let the 2 100+ be guard and prisoner. But still Prisoner is the best role for that heist.

Edit: I may consider removing NPCs on actual heists but on setup missions is still could be considered

I can easily pilot the mission without demo doing anything - and have done. They didn't know what they were doing, blew up no jets and no police helicopters. The jet is easy to evade, and losing police isn't hard at all.

As people play the heists more frequently you begin to get confident and aware of your own abilities, leaving you less reliant on others for some roles and that way even if you end up playing with idiots you can often do a lot of them pretty much solo.

Do agree on leavers, but as would most people. But as always some of us - myself included, leave if what we deem to be a fair number of attempts are made and people do not learn from their mistakes.

Edited by TacoSmuggler
  • Like 1

This is by far the best solution

But i do agree with what the OP is saying about some of the issues

If the heist setups are being played on The "normal" and a player dies he/she should stay dead BUT allow the remaining players to keep the job going, the only exceptions about keeping the job going would be if the player who dies is flying or doing a critical part of the setup, then it would have to fail... the player who dies is awarded no money or RP points if they leave the job..to keep the trolls at bay if a player in a key role dies then make them go thru a 45min cool down period before they can play another heist or maybe just that one setup

while playing the heist finale itself again on the normal setting if a non key player dies the remaining players keep on, money that the dead player would get would be split between the remaining players, the same would apply if a second player dies ...any player who dies on a finale should also have a 45min cool down period

I know these ideals will bring up a lot of what IF questions, but it make two things happen, players will hunt and find other players who want to work as a team more, and should try to learn from mistakes......

after all if a frog had wings he wouldnt bump his ass

The Lone Wanderer

this would all make heists way better money earners and more fun so... no

tbh they're ok as is provided you get a good crew from here although

MAKE ALL CUTSCENES SKIPPABLE FFS and make heists into playlists, also allow individual mission replay for reduced pay eg Valkyrie is fun, hydra is fun, deliver emp has me asleep.

Edited by The Lone Wanderer

Solo Wing Pixy

It would be great if the game recorded how you perform on each role. For example if you are a great pilot and the game sees that, the Heist leader (from another instance) can select an option 'Select proficient player' and brings the player who is good at piloting to the heist crew.

With this option we can dish out some of the crap players.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

you want npcs much....

ever considered playing singleplayer ?:p

ok no, i know the people are the problem but yea, only thing that has to happen is the people to chance

heists implemented like this....amazing idea, dont change a thing....in the end people just have to adapt or die

TovarishTony

It would be great if the game recorded how you perform on each role. For example if you are a great pilot and the game sees that, the Heist leader (from another instance) can select an option 'Select proficient player' and brings the player who is good at piloting to the heist crew.

With this option we can dish out some of the crap players.

Good we have this one but there are some inaccurate stuff like what if the counts of failing heists and setup missions were included. It would be very confusing if the player is really bad or just his comrades are noobs or trolls as a result of failing the mission. Maybe stats for flying will do to see if he is really good at flying or not. This option will do and you should also add good drivers and gunmen to the crew.

nWo_Y2J_2015

1. Wouldn't work and would probably be buggy as heck.

2. I AGREE!

3. No way to prove why they left, so not happening. Also, Leader gets the leaver's cut? You mean it should be split between everyone.

4. Once again, they would be buggy and just wouldn't work. Also, that'd just be a cheap way to give the cut to yourself.

5. True, although the game can throw a BS curve ball once in a while.

6. You can invite them back by selecting, if I remember correctly, "From last Heist".

I think they need to fix the player requirement first. For example, in "The Prison Break" finale, they could hide the plane in the shed at Sandy Shores Airfield and just have the Prisoner/Prison Guard fly them to the parachute point. You wouldn't need a Pilot or Demolition then.

Also, a little tip, NEVER put the lowest rank person as Pilot. Give them the Demolition role! Why? Give them the job that requires nearly no input! My motto is, "A good Pilot will pick you up at the Sandy Shores Airfield, but a GREAT Pilot will land right in front of the prison.".

Edited by nWo_Y2J_2015

TacoSmuggler

2. I AGREE!

3. No way to prove why they left, so not happening. Also, Leader gets the leaver's cut? You mean it should be split between everyone.

4. Once again, they would be buggy and just wouldn't work. Also, that'd just be a cheap way to give the cut to yourself.

6. You can invite them back by selecting, if I remember correctly, "From last Heist".

I think they need to fix the player requirement first. For example, in "The Prison Break" finale, they could hide the plane in the shed at Sandy Shores Airfield and just have the Prisoner/Prison Guard fly them to the parachute point. You wouldn't need a Pilot or Demolition then.

Also, a little tip, NEVER put the lowest rank person as Pilot. Give them the Demolition role! Why? Give them the job that requires nearly no input! My motto is, "A good Pilot will pick you up at the Sandy Shores Airfield, but a GREAT Pilot will land right in front of the prison.".

Foolish to land anywhere near a road, can easily get blocked in by police so you can't take off. A pilot that picks you up anywhere else is pointless, I always use Sandy shores as it guarantees I can take off - at which point the helos are np to lose even without demo.

TovarishTony

Regarding your idea of splitting the cut yes could be a good idea as well

Example: 40/20/20/20 but one sh*thead left for whatever the f*ck the reason it is. It would be a 50/25/25 instead as a punishment for the leaver.

NPCs would be buggy as well reminds me of Juan and El Estupido where when blocked they just get lost and get stuck.

Edited by TovarishTony

nWo_Y2J_2015

2. I AGREE!

Foolish to land anywhere near a road, can easily get blocked in by police so you can't take off. A pilot that picks you up anywhere else is pointless, I always use Sandy shores as it guarantees I can take off - at which point the helos are np to lose even without demo.

Wrong, cops pile up at the airfield and make it 10x harder to escape. When I land in front of the prison, there's usually no cops or just one.

CarimboHanky

2. I AGREE!

its not foolish...

actually landing in front of the prison is the only way of achieving the required time if youre doing the elite challenges!

R* wanted people to get creative.

Edited by CarimboHanky

nWo_Y2J_2015

its not foolish...

actually landing in front of the prison is the only way of achieving the required time if youre doing the elite challenges!

R* wanted people to get creative.

Forgot to mention that, but yeah.

TacoSmuggler

2. I AGREE!

Wrong, cops pile up at the airfield and make it 10x harder to escape. When I land in front of the prison, there's usually no cops or just one.

'Wrong' is the incorrect term. Your way isn't the only way. Don't tell me the way I play is wrong... played more than enough heists without deaths or issues thanks.

nWo_Y2J_2015

2. I AGREE!

'Wrong' is the incorrect term. Your way isn't the only way. Don't tell me the way I play is wrong... played more than enough heists without deaths or issues thanks.

"Wrong" is the correct term, because what you said is incorrect. Cops don't block you nearly as much in front of the prison. I never said it's wrong to do it your way though. lol

Edited by nWo_Y2J_2015

ThaBirdCoot

Some setups should definetly require no more then 2 players, in particular stealth missions. Humane labs EMP and Series A Lost camp are the ones I am talking about. I know you can do them almost solo and with just one other player who knows his stuff it's even easier. No need for a 3rd or 4th guy to make a mess...

But then again I don't expect anything to change, if tweaks weren't made from the start, well now it's way past time. Rockstar's probably focussing on a lot of other stuff.