2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why do people ask so much for Heists?

AndYuKnowTHIS

AndYuKnowTHIS

Its Fukn BS.

-It took me damn near 2 hours to complete set up missions because ransoms kept dying.

-3 new randoms come into final heist and demand more. Some demanding 25% for all.

How is that fair to me?? I only have $300k cash. I had to put up with constant mission repeats. I offered 15%, Which was a pay out of $100k. For those of you who know, the Finale of Humane Labs Raid, is simple as hell. You telling me $100k for less than 7 minutes isnt good enough?

Some of these people need to host their own damn heists. My bro and Uncle has GTA. Will be playing with them from now on. I swear the online gaming community is about as retarded as most communities can get

IF you want 25% go do your own damn Heists

Edited by AndYuKnowTHIS

I find that giving them all 20% usually shuts them up. If they ask for more, I will just kick them out and find a new player.

CrysisAverted

Why even complain, just kick them and wait for someone willing to work for less.

• Like 3

Quinn_flower

basically kick them if they want more. they arent special.

SM00V OPERATOR

You telling me $100k for less than 7 minutes isnt good enough?

yes. didnt you just say you had randoms die repeatedly and ended up having to restart a new lobby? your 7 minute theory is not even close...

some of us know how to not die...

quick questions: are you using a mic in the lobby? are yo letting low levels join (they have lower health, less options for weapons etc etc) and are you communicating during the heist or simply trying to rush through it because you already know how to do it?

Some people are greedy, once I had a friend who helped with all my setups and others were random. So I gave my friend 25% and left the others 15% for not doing any setups, one was okay but the other complained on mic then stated it wasn't worth his time and he had his own heists to do then left. Personally I feel you should be paid fairly for help given in setups, not level or skill or what not so if they did no setups they get 15%, maybe 20% if I feel nice. I kinda look at level though when I have the occasional Lv.500-600s. Usually they don't care about $ and just help but some still seem to act as "Paid Professionals" who want 25% when they didn't help :/

Friends are the way to go.

AndYuKnowTHIS

yes. didnt you just say you had randoms die repeatedly and ended up having to restart a new lobby? your 7 minute theory is not even close...

some of us know how to not die...

quick questions: are you using a mic in the lobby? are yo letting low levels join (they have lower health, less options for weapons etc etc) and are you communicating during the heist or simply trying to rush through it because you already know how to do it?

Why wouldn't you take my 15% offer?

If 3 good players join the room and do what they're supposed to do, its $100k in a short time frame. Easy, easy money. Yet, I spent hours doing set up missions and you join at the last minute demanding an even 25% for everyone. That's BS because I lose out on a lot of money. Everyone seems to only care for themselves and not the actual Hosts who loses out on a lot to cash

Edited by AndYuKnowTHIS

SM00V OPERATOR
Everyone seems to only care for themselves and not the actual Hosts who loses out on a lot of cash

yep. so you might as well just pay better and hope for the best when accepting randoms.

AndYuKnowTHIS

Everyone seems to only care for themselves and not the actual Hosts who loses out on a lot of cash

yep. so you might as well just pay better and hope for the best when accepting randoms.

People always talk about being fair, but how is paying 25% across fair? I'm not the type to give everyone 10%. It's simple, stay with me during set up missions and I'll give 20%. Join at the last minute and you'll get 15%. I'd that not fair?

If not, you're an ass

• Like 1

CrysisAverted

How is robbing a bank and keeping the money to yourself fair?

Just like in singleplayer, others have their rates and you can choose them or you can choose the guy that eats it in the first heist because he's cheaper.

Edited by CrysisAverted
  • Like 1

Because it's the same rule as in Free Mode killing.

"I don't care about you, but what I want is that I can benefit from you"

• Like 2

My services come pretty cheap compared to most 150+ level players. I'm not a l33t pr0, but I'm pretty good at heists. As long as my cut is 15% I'm content. Anything less, I walk and anything more is just icing on the cake. However, I also have a 3 restarts and I walk rule. I began enforcing it when the same people kept screwing up the heist over and over again out of incompetence or stupidity.

AR Musha Gundam

A 15% or 20% is completely fine with me as long host's decision to cover the expense for setting up heist. That's more enough to cover my cost for ammo and stuff.

In my heist, I give everyone fair share of 25% each. All I care is give everyone evenly and finish up the finale.

• Like 1

I find that giving them all 20% usually shuts them up. If they ask for more, I will just kick them out and find a new player.

Pretty much this.

I usually change to 40/20/20/20 as soon I can edit the board and I don't get any complaints, only on rare occasions someone will bitch about it.

I've been telling hosts left and right to not give in to these demands.

I always ready up at 15; most legits do.

From what I've seen lately the players that demand more are usually less skilled anyway. Its like they're bluffing a poker hand. Figuring once the heist starts they're less likely to be kicked when said lack of skill is exposed.

As host I always give 20 to random lobbies and haven't had an issue.

• Like 2

I always ready up at 15; most legits do.

From what I've seen lately the players that demand more are usually less skilled anyway.

This. If you are half decent at heists, you'll have a three figure rank and a lot of dough in no time - to the point where you don't need to haggle for more money. People who are rubbish players on the other hand tend to be a bit short of cash and more needy in that department.

I won't take less than 15% on the principle of a fair days pay for a fair days work, if I am host, 40% to the leader and 20% seems the most fair split. Right now though I have $13m in the bank and not a lot to spend it on, so if it's three friends I split 25% each.

I'm more concerned that hosts don't set it on player saved outfits. You know how easy heists are when you use the heist utility outfit?

But anyway I'm fine with 15-20%

Once had a guy asking for 30% :lol:

• Like 3

I host at 40/20/20/20 otherwise I'll accept 15% as a member with nothing lower and normally the 20%+ As I host, I haven't experienced too many players asking for more especially if they've done setups with me, they'll accept the 20% I give in the end (only ever host PacStan).

Obviously it's when I get randoms (rarely since I play with friends) I'll have a few people demand 25% which I won't give, 20% and that's that. The attitude stems from many areas, whether they think I needed them so I have to pay up, believe they're elite skilled or maybe too lazy to do setups so they'll try and fish for a good payout. Regardless, it's 20% I'll be giving.

There will be times where I've actually given a different percentage depending on the people, I've done an equal 25% for a group of friends who were all close to buying whatever and another time I gave a friend my 40% as he was close to buying a Kuruma.

Edited by Oxea

TovarishTony

For me as heist leader I just give 40/20/20/20. Just don't troll or perform like sh*t.

I do thank people who perform well and send friend requests even though theres someone who messaged me that he wanted to leave(a valid reason as messaged me) so I let him go and thanked him for the setups

People always talk about being fair, but how is paying 25% across fair? I'm not the type to give everyone 10%. It's simple, stay with me during set up missions and I'll give 20%. Join at the last minute and you'll get 15%. I'd that not fair?

If not, you're an ass

20% is fair. It has been calculated that it slightly favors the muscle, but it is only slightly.

And mosts hosts ARE asses that "forget" to send invites to setup players, then yell, scream and spit about how hoppers are ruining finales and how they don`t serve anything above 15%.

Also, with this attitude of yours and generally of everybody defending the 15%, I am tempted to auto-fail in the last 30 seconds ANYONE that does it, just because they need to lose some time getting into their thick skull that 20% would have saved them the trouble.

Everyone seems to only care for themselves and not the actual Hosts who loses out on a lot to cash

Why wouldn`t I think only about myself? From my pespective, you are a stranger to whom I own no allegiance, nor anything past the salute, which wants to backstab me and set my cut at 15% and not 20%. We might become friends in the future or not, but we are not NOW, so I will care only for myself, thank you very much. You don`t care about me either, with your pay cut, so we`re even anyway.

Edited by Phyxsius-
  • Like 2

Shadowfennekin

I'm fine with 15%. I'll NEVER accept less than default take for any Heist. I'll only ask for more if it's set on Easy otherwise I should go do a setup instead OR I helped you get there and you think I'm worth less than 15%

unicornace

Funny how you're talking about people being greedy but the only reason you complain is cos you dont want to give away more money ...greed in itself. 40/20/20/20 is clearly the most fair option which is what i always offer. that way you double what everyone else has made and the crew are all happy. stop crying and increase your help by 5% if it wasn't for them you wouldn't be able to complete it after all. personally i have to wait so long for people to join Im happy to give them the 20.

There is no way in hell you completed the heist in less than seven minutes. Also, it has been determined long ago that 20% cut is the fairest cut for crew members, as mentioned above.

Edited by sebcreed

Well if you Guys/Gals will remember Lester told us at the start we needed a crew...

That being said i play as a random and host looking for randoms, if i am a player and have helped out with the sets i expect 15% min , if i have landed in a finale, i would like 15% but will stay for 10% if the parties have mics ..try to go lower than 10% if i am on the finale only or below 15% if i have helped out with setups, you will get a message from me saying dumb move asshole, then what comes next depends on my mood at the time

as host i will go 25% across the board if all the players have been there from the start, for players who have helped out on two or 3 setups i might bump them to 25% if they have mics and work as a team,, if you land in a finale with me as host, you get 15% unless you have a mic, then depending on your attitude i might give you 20%

Money is not the issue with me, I have a few million to burn, another few million to waste a few million i would give away if i could...and still have several million left ....for friends and crew i have even hosted and took the minimum and not recouped my setup or ammo cost, just to give them a boost

once for sh*ts and giggles there were 3 of from the crew playing (all of with money to spare) had a random join he was a level 13 just starting out and living on the streets...he did have a mic had not completed any heists or setups, he was a cool guy in his late 20s, we are all age 40 or MORE, when he entered our heist finale (PS) he told us upfront he had no clue what to expect but would follow our lead the three of us agreed to give him a jump start, he had no clue what we meant, i set his percentage at 100% we had the job set to hard, he did as instructed and we made off with 1mill 130k ...he about went ape sh*t and is a crew member now

young can kids can be greedy. plain and simple.

Edited by emcitement

BarryRiley

I agree with OP on some things but in terms of the constant restarts, everyone has to go through that, not just the host. Join random jobs and you'll see that you complete about 5% of them

15 is ok on most heists if the host is relatively low level. I give 20% myself though, so if the player isn't low level that's what I expect. On Pacific Standard I do not play for anything but 20%. 55/15/15/15 gets the host almost 270k more than everyone else for the heist with setups, which is completely unfair IMO. 40/20/20/20 is very even on this heist, with a few thousand extra for the host. Yesterday I got offered nothing but 15% each single time, so I just hosted the heist myself instead and gave everyone 20%.

Edited by Dellers

SaltyGTAFMember

If not, you're an ass

20% is fair. It has been calculated that it slightly favors the muscle, but it is only slightly.

And mosts hosts ARE asses that "forget" to send invites to setup players, then yell, scream and spit about how hoppers are ruining finales and how they don`t serve anything above 15%.

Also, with this attitude of yours and generally of everybody defending the 15%, I am tempted to auto-fail in the last 30 seconds ANYONE that does it, just because they need to lose some time getting into their thick skull that 20% would have saved them the trouble.

Everyone seems to only care for themselves and not the actual Hosts who loses out on a lot to cash

Why wouldn`t I think only about myself? From my pespective, you are a stranger to whom I own no allegiance, nor anything past the salute, which wants to backstab me and set my cut at 15% and not 20%. We might become friends in the future or not, but we are not NOW, so I will care only for myself, thank you very much. You don`t care about me either, with your pay cut, so we`re even anyway.

Because the host invite other people for 10%, it's becoming a trend with this.

Rockstar knew this would happen that's why they let it happen, they should of gave the host money for each set up and use the system to auto adjust payouts. This means if you do 1 out of 5 set ups you get 5%.2 out of 5 8% and 5 out of 5 is 25%. This alone will stop the bitching on percentages and stop finale hoppers in their place and before you say the host leaves us, this can done on any host every time you do it for that section.

I usually ready up for 15% or more, especially if I just joined a finale without having been involved in the setups.

That said, I've started to think I should ask for 20% always. I'm a very high level (over 400) and when I've been a part of heist failures, it's 90% of the time someone else's fault. The 20% seems like a fair reward for me putting up with the nonsense of randoms who don't use mics and don't make smart decisions. In particular it gets really old carrying low levels through the Pac Standard finale, only for them to drive like maniacs and send themselves flying down the wrong side of Mt. Chilliad at the very end. They always do dumb stuff like that and I'd like an extra 5% from the host for not having smarter people on his friends list (or at least, not kicking that one level 12 who joined... come on, man, you KNOW what's going to happen).

I cannot speak for all, but yes, I am worth 20% or more. I have completed my CMM challenge and have help others complete their CMM too. I can do any and every role and have the platinum medals to prove it. But you would know this if you invited me back to your finale....but like many other hosts....you seem to forget to invite your supporting crew members back to your finale. So out pure principle alone, I will not ready up for no less than 20%.....clearly you screwed somebody over to get to the finale and not invite them back to be inviting a whole new crew for your finale. So no, I do not feel your pain nor do I feel you deserve 55% or more. I am getting paid what you should've paid your previous crew members.

OP, the thing is, as a random, I do not need your help. I can host my own whenever I want and fill it with competent crewmates.....clearly by your post, you cannot say the same. You need us more than we need you. You're just another player, more than likely, you're probably the weakest link to boot. So you get what you deserve. And if you are relying on randoms, I can honestly say, I am worth far more than what you are getting paid. So yea, pony up the cash.