2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Noob question :/

gear999

Uh... is uh... SP modding legal now? I haven't kept track of the forums or Newswire for a LONG time, so I'm not sure. I'd like to mod my game for SP only but I don't want to get banned. I know this is a noob question and I'm sorry for being such an idiot.

pls no kil me :cry:

I wouldn't worry too much. GTA Online is so overrun with hackers now Rockstar will either stop giving a sh*t altogether or (I hope) vanquish all mod support with a hefty patch.

SP Modding is still "illegal" for Rockstar (as they said recently), but it's officially authorized for SP only.

And in fact they don't care, because if they ban you, they will say on the newsire: "don't worry guy, we love you, only cheaters, hackers and modders in Online are banned"...

And you, you will come on this forum to say: "WTF, I use Mods only in SP, but i'm banned"...

And the many Rockstar ass-kissers on this forum will answer you: "shut up, you're a cheater, this is why you're banned, stop to play the gentle guy, because at Rockstar they are nice, and love us, then if they said they banned only cheaters and modders users of mods in Online, then it's the only one truth, Rockstar is god, stop blaspheme!".

Then you need to have Two folders of GTAV/Online on your computer.

One folder with the original GTAV/Online (to play Online), and the other folder with your Modded files/Game to play SP only.. Good luck!
In SP use real Mods, don't use Mods Cheats which can "cheat" cars performances or your stealth or things like that if you're playing a "SP mission" because Missions and rankings are synchronized with the Cloud and with others players (it's multilayers too finally).

Be careful then, maybe Rockstar will have the idea to ban all cheated rankings (even in SP) one day...

But yes, Rockstar seems to ignore the cheating/scriptkiddies problem .. (then the true modding has no worries.. in theory).

Except, Mods can interfere with Rockstar additions (free DLC called updates... favoring the purchase of Shark cards), while true Mods can bring contents and things totally free.

Cheats and scriptkiddies allow to cheaters to cheat (i know it's obvious lol), but doesn't interfere with the business of Rockstar (add things to push player to buy Skark cards).

Rockstar will deal with cheats and scriptkiddies, when people will start to desert the game (Online) because cheaters and hackers. In this case and that day, Rockstar will begin to fight against that obviously.

Edited by Thalyn
  • Like 2

UltimateAntic

SP Modding is still "illegal" for Rockstar (as they said recently), but it's officially authorized for SP only.

And in fact they don't care, because if they ban you, they will say on the newsire: "don't worry guy, we love you, only cheaters, hackers and modders in Online are banned"...

And you, you will come on this forum to say: "WTF, I use Mods only in SP, but i'm banned"...

And the many Rockstar ass-kissers on this forum will answer you: "shut up, you're a cheater, this is why you're banned, stop to play the gentle guy, because at Rockstar they are nice, and love us, then if they said they banned only cheaters and modders users of mods in Online, then it's the only one truth, Rockstar is god, stop blaspheme!".

Then you need to have Two folders of GTAV/Online on your computer.

One folder with the original GTAV/Online (to play Online), and the other folder with your Modded files/Game to play SP only.. Good luck!

In SP use real Mods, don't use Mods Cheats which can "cheat" cars performances or your stealth or things like that if you're playing a "SP mission" because Missions and rankings are synchronized with the Cloud and with others players (it's multilayers too finally).

Be careful then, maybe Rockstar will have the idea to ban all cheated rankings (even in SP) one day...

But yes, Rockstar seems to ignore the cheating/scriptkiddies problem .. (then the true modding has no worries.. in theory).

Except, Mods can interfere with Rockstar additions (free DLC called updates... favoring the purchase of Shark cards), while true Mods can bring contents and things totally free.

Cheats and scriptkiddies allow to cheaters to cheat (i know it's obvious lol), but doesn't interfere with the business of Rockstar (add things to push player to buy Skark cards).

Rockstar will deal with cheats and scriptkiddies, when people will start to desert the game (Online) because cheaters and hackers. In this case and that day, Rockstar will begin to fight against that obviously.

Bullsh!t!

And the many Rockstar p*nis-foreskin-kissers on this forum will answer you: "shut up f*gg*t, you're a cheating asshole, this is why you're banned, stop to play the gentle guy, because at Rockstar they are nice, and love us, then if they said they banned only cheaters and modders users of mods in Online, then it's the only one truth, Rockstar is god! Stop this unkind words about R*, you bastard! I hate you, you cheating, lying person!!! R* is love, R* is life!".

Fixed that for you. Oh boy, what have I done XD

And ontopic. GTA has never ever been an online game for me, ever. I couldn't care less about being banned or not not. CoD bois better worry about online.

Edited by SilverRST