2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Newbie with some questions

Progeekzy

I just started playing GTA V a few hours ago and i have some questions.

First, a custom SUV. I got each Michael and Franklin SUVs that i feel fit them a bit better. Did some basic changes, paint wheels. I just started, i aint rich yet. How so i save these cars so they keep coming back to me? I would rather use these cars then the ones given to me, but i also dont want to lose them. I parked them in the respected garages, but if i take one out of the garage i dont see them coming back?

Is there a way to make things stick? I guess i understand these guys going and randomly changing cloths, they have lives to live. Not like GTA4 where what i pick stays. But, music station. Theres been times where ill get in a car, change stations, drive somewhere go in do part of a story go get back in my car, and have to change the station again. Radio stations are beginning to be more of a hassle then what there worth.

And im not even talking about custom music. Im talking about regular radio stations.

You can buy a larger garage after a few missions for each character. But anything you store in in and forget to return is lost. Even ten million dollar cars.

No insurance on the story mode is one of the biggest gripes of GTA V players.

And changing the station isn't really a hassle is it? Takes about a 16th of a second to change.

PhillBellic

There is no way to change the Characters Personal Vehicle.

CarlitoDorito

Sometimes they'll get put in the impound if you leave them. If they get blown up or end up at the bottom of the ocean they're gone forever.

Car goes to impound which is marked with a Car icon (you dont say) and its besides police station which is entrable.

Clothes will change eventually you cant do anything about it

Radio stations aswel

So even if i drop millions into a car, its a one time use unless i return it? Thats..limited.

So theres no way for me to customize a car and use for my all the time driving unless i can return it every time. Whats the point?

• Like 1

Doesnt matter how much you put into customization. If you leave it somewhere and go on a mission or die, then it will be impounded

It means that it doesnt go away forever

So even if i drop millions into a car, its a one time use unless i return it? Thats..limited.

So theres no way for me to customize a car and use for my all the time driving unless i can return it every time. Whats the point?

There isn't one. Even after getting a couple of billion in the bank, I rarely buy and drive custom cars. You lose it and then need to do the whole thing again. And even when you buy one and park it up, you need to go to that garage to get it and drive it back. No mechanic.

lol seems like a worthless system. I guess it works if you get a car, get it ready for a race, win the race, then park it and only pull it out for races. Or something.

I was hoping for a system more like saints row the third. Can park cars customize them however you like pull out what you want when you want have them delivered. Maybe not quite like that, but more then one time use would be nice....

So, considering cars in the garage are kinda special, once you lose em there kinda gone, if im playing on Mich will Frank go to one of his garages and joy ride a car i have dropped cash on? Or once its parked, its pretty well safe unless i pull it out?

Not sure if the car dupe glitch still works or if its been patched but it's perfect for this problem.

The glitch worked like this.

Park your car in your garage at home.

Go into your house (May not be necessary but at least make sure you're out of the garage and the door is closed.)

Switch character. Spend enough time with this character that you will initiate a switch scene (if you switch back to soon, you will just be standing where you let off and the glitch won't work)

After the switch scene the car you last used will be nearby and it will also be in the garage. :)

I had 3 spacedockers (before it got added to the special vehicle list)

Worked on ps3. Didn't test on current gen or pc though.

OK, why wont michael stop peddling his bike? Going down hill he still pedals. No need. Does he need to learn how to just coast? Dudes about to have a heart attack and hes still going full force.

Yep I hated the forced default cars. Surely it couldn't of been that hard to add a "Replace default vehicle" option.

Or hell just tie choosing what car you wanted as a default into the story.

Edited by Beyond72

Yep I hated the forced default cars. Surely it couldn't of been that hard to add a "Replace default vehicle" option.

And what would happen to missions that require 3 or 4 people in the player's default vehicle in the event the player changed their car to a Buccaneer or Panto?

PhillBellic

And what would happen to missions that require 3 or 4 people in the player's default vehicle in the event the player changed their car to a Buccaneer or Panto?

Easy. Have those characters saying things like "We need a larger Vehicle", or similar phrases. :)

This system is completely whack. I got this SUV i kinda liked, modded the crap outta it. dropped 100 grand into it. lost it somewhere. everytime i go to the impound its always other crappy cars i stole and drove as a get away car or something. That SUV i spent money on, never saw it again.

Whats the point of this system? Seems like nothing more then a complicated trophy room to me.