2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Pacific Convoy

BarryRiley

BarryRiley

I've done this before and dont remember many problems but today for some reason I'm just finding it impossible. I'm on attempt number 20+ on easy with randoms of no lower than level 50 (different people) and we're just getting nowhere.

Any ideas?

Snipe 3-4 choppers from the bridge. Use Player Saved Outfits and equip heavy combat gear for the gunner. Only put one guy in the truck. Never shoot a Mesa next to the truck. Drive through Grapeseed and out the other side. Use insurgents for cover on the bridge. Ummm. Shoot the nasty men.

Edit - oh, and so obvious I didn't even think of it, make sure you have the snack menu open. It's a HFCS-powered god mode.

Edited by Gridl0k
  • Like 4

Ok well this is how i do it

Park your PV on the bridge and take cover behind your PV

wait till merryweather turn the corner and kill everyone

Get in the truck and get out (this spawns the helis)

Snipe the helicopter to the left first

Then the other helicopter(this takes a while to get to you)

The third helicopter then spawns near the bridge where you parked your PV so either snipe the helicopter or use the homing launcher

Let the people in the insurgent go ahead and kill everyone (some enemies spawn behind though)

• Like 3

If the other people are messing up all the time, bring an armored Kuruma and while the others wait on the bridge, you go ahead to meet the convoy, kill as many as you can from the car. That way you won't give the others a chance to blow up the truck and the likes. Be wary of the helicopter though since it can blow you up and that's awkward. Then hijack the truck and take it accross the bridge (not the way it came from, but the way you came from), eventually the GPS road will connect and there's less resistance there.

TheKingChivas

I personally like to use a regular Insurgent as an additional "blocker" to defend the truck, just to ram enemies out of the way.

My technique is to drive past the bridge and stand on the hill waiting for the convoy. Wait for the HVY Insurgent to come in, MG gunner and RPG the vehicle, wiping out a large portion of MW without risking the truck.

Now you are behind MW and can easily pick the ones still standing. Then a gunner hops in, wait for the choppers to come to you to deal with them without Mesas coming and than lead forward with HVY in front and truck behind out of danger.

Ezekeil2Ofive17

Here is an extract from my guide it shows an incredibly easy and consistent method for this setup (the guide has one for every setup link in sig)

If you are on xb1 I would be happy to show you this in the "flesh" as it were, need to replace that pic and gif anyway

Hs Convoy
This is a tough setup........... for those with out patience. For those with it's very easy!

Take a Kuruma to the bridge and block the southern end, take cover behind the car and wait. There will be a single chopper off in the distance so take it out with a heavy sniper before its anywhere near. If no one has a heavy sniper use a normal one but be ready with a homing launcher
cnysnipe_zpszezjmlvd.gif
Wait till the truck itself in on the bridge then open up on the lead jeep, this will create a bottleneck often causing the armed insurgent to stop behind the truck greatly reducing its field of fire. Take out the gunner, clear the guards and move up slowly till all the guards are down
Leaving the truck on the bridge will also prevent the savages from getting a missile lock from the sides, but they shouldn't get anywhere near that close. You can also deploy tear gas as the convoy stops if, for some reason, you are carrying it
Upload%20Studio%201.mp4_20150501_160508.
Now take the insurgent and position it so the gunner can cover the northern road, sometimes there will be one or two jeeps that approach while dealing with the choppers, send a man to the southern end and have the last man get in, then out of the truck.
This will trigger a single jeep from the south and the helicopters to spawn, take out the jeep and start sniping the choppers, again if you don't have a heavy sniper on your team use the mounted gun ( aim for the tail rotor ) and homing rockets
Once the choppers have been dealt with put your highest level player on the gun, and a driver in the insurgent, truck and the kuruma. Move out slowly with the insurgent up front, the truck in the middle and the kuruma bringing up the rear.
Have the insurgent drive a short distance ahead of the truck stopping the convoy to take out the jeeps. Moving slowly with the truck slightly behind will cause all the jeeps to attack at one location in pairs (see pic), driving right into the insurgents, devastating, field of fire.
One or two come from the rear but most from the front
Keep moving up slowly till all the jeeps are gone then take out the roadblock and have the truck move up and head to the drop off
Screenshot-Original%203_zpsmmhugh2z.png

Edited by Ezekeil2Ofive17
  • Like 3

I always snipe down first the first chopper, then proceed to meet the convoy in Kuruma. (always hear "U NOOB COME BACK", disregard, sometimes add "LEEROY JENKINS!!!" as reply)

First targets are driver and co-driver in the first Mesa, then driver and co-driver in the truck, third target is always the turret gunner, then Insurgent driver, then i pluck all remaining mercs one by one with AP pistol.

Sometimes others follow, sometimes don't, then i report "convoy secured". My favourite place is at the turret, where i prioritize helicopters as targets and Mesa drivers, i don't concentrate on blowing the Mesas up, which also can be dangerous to truck.

When gunner seat is occupied, i dash for the truck and do not even stop at cordons, but actively burst them with my trustworthy Stechkin AP and leave my inventory open at armors.

Edited by Alvarez

This is the most annoying setup for Pac Standard ever.

One time, there were two level 170s who waited on the bridge both showing off their miniguns while me and the other guy picked off the chopper.

I just thought to myself " they will destroy the truck " and they did.....three times.

Another one, this player keeps standing on top of my kuruma even though all of us have messaged him to take cover. Convoy arrives and he gets pwned by the Insurgent Pickup multiple times. He was leveled 210 as well.

This setup brings out the most stupid players ever, in my experience with it anyways.

JohnnyCallisto

Take your time and stick together - if somebody breaks away from the convoy, they can become exposed/surrounded ..it's important to stay as a pack, kill all enemies - then slowly move forwards until you encounter the next wave..

..the 'snipe helicopters from the bridge' tactic listed above (@gridl0k) can really help too :) - but in my experience the most important thing is not to rush - if you all stick together (making sure someone is always checking the rear) you shouldn't have many problems..even on Hard

A certain amount of enemies are scripted to spawn during missions and heists, if you sit there and kill all of them before moving on, there will be no trouble ahead. Like lets say you're doing a Martin mission where you have to steal a van. A certain amount of hostile enemy cars will spawn, blow them all up, and the helicopters. Boom drive all the way there with no trouble.

TacoSmuggler

I usually leave my team at the bridge, speed off ahead in my kuruma and take out the entire convoy. Then speed off ahead and take out all the helicopters with my homing launcher, leaving the others to mop up the others. Works every time.

nWo_Y2J_2015

It's sad how many people can't just get in the Insurgent (Pickup) and gun down the Savage helicopters. I don't know why, but they always seem more interested in shooting the enemies on the ground. I can get by those enemies just fine, just take down the darn choppers that are trying to blow me up! It's also interesting how if you do get blown up, the truck stays intact for the most part. It just has a burnt look to it.

• Like 1

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

i lately just have the habbit to rush to the convoy, then at some corner kill the driver of the first jeep and ocupants, use the said jeep as cover and then go from there and kill everything i can

Solid Scorpion

First and foremost make sure you're all on the same page.

There's a few different techniques but If you're all going with a different plan it ain't gonna work.

2nd post is the technique I use 99% of the time.

Take out the choppers and the rest is pretty much a straight drive as long as the truck stays behind the Insurgent while it's clearing a path.

Shadowfennekin

I dash ahead with my Karuma and take care of the Merryweather guards before the others see me. It's important they have full health for the journey there as the guy on the gun always sucls

nWo_Y2J_2015

2nd post is the technique I use 99% of the time.

Take out the choppers and the rest is pretty much a straight drive as long as the truck stays behind the Insurgent while it's clearing a path.

and have a decent gunner.

Karuma

thkeyboardsmash.gif So many times! There is no Karuma, but there is a Kuruma.

lol ok got that out of my system.

Edited by nWo_Y2J_2015

I find it pretty easy. First insurgent with a gunner goes first, takes out cars coming from ahead and choppers. Truck stays in the middle, then another guy takes a normal Insurgent and shoots everyone coming from behind. Works very well IME. Just don't use a Kuruma or something like that, it will explode in one hit.

Really? Our crew has a 100% record on this setup. On "hard".

But then we eat bullets, walk on water and sh*t ice cream, because we're so hard and cool.

SkynetOnlineID

Well if you want a solo method bring an armored kuruma. Get to the ambush point. Get out and shoot down the enemy helicopter in the distance with a heavy sniper rifle. Don't let it get close. It takes about 10-15 bullets to destroy it.

Then get back into your armored kuruma. Drive ahead to the second or third bridge and shoot down all of the enemy vehicles' drivers, then QUICKLY KILL THE TURRET SOLDIER. Use a AP pistol because it's more accurate and reloads faster. Aim for head shots and don't shoot at any of the trucks. Take down all enemies from inside the Insurgent. If you need to get out, do not get closer to them because they've got machine guns and will rip you to shreds. Do not use explosives.
Get in the truck with explosive charges and drive it quickly into the tunnel near by on the left. Park in the middle of the tunnel. Nearly all of the enemy vehicle's will start to spawn in front of the tunnel. Get out a mini gun or RPG and go to town on them. If possible get one of your team mates to park the insurgent in the tunnel with you and use the turret. Due to the tight tunnel space the destroyed enemy vehicles will block other enemy vehicles getting close to you. Be careful because one or two enemy vehicles might spawn behind of you. Take them down. Once all enemy vehicles have stopped spawning exit the tunnel from the same way you came from and take down the helicopters. Get back into the truck and take it to Paige. Be aware there will still be one static enemy road block with only 4 enemy guards standing in front of 4 vertically parked vehicles. Just stop from a safe distance and shoot them down and proceed.
Edited by SkynetOnlineID

I see most of the good points are already stated, but I'll just add in a few others with the full-length version... here we go.

As already stated, get the first Savage as soon as it appears over the hills. Using Kurumas instead of Insurgents is slightly better and I like to place them at the half-way point on the bridge. Whether sitting inside the Kuruma or shooting over them, I think provides a little bit better protection/ fire arc than the Insurgent. I sometimes go on the small hill to the left of the road, and ask the team to wait until most of the Merrywether enemies are around the corner (nearly onto the bridge), and that allows me to attack from behind and have three go from the front (on the bridge). Our team on the 360 could get this bit done in about 20 seconds generally - but of course we're all wearing the Heavy Armour Suits. The Armed Insurgent's Gunner should be easy to deal with using this setup, and the better weapon of choice in my opinion is the Combat MG due to massive 200 round magazine, excellent rate of fire and good power.

Once the enemies are dead, have two people in the Armed Insurgent, one in a Kuruma and the other in the Barracks, and stop off at the corner where there are long logs of wood on the right. Note - there'll be a Merrywether Mesa spawn from the road on the left that meets with that corner - whoever's first usually spawns it, and the others. Take out all the enemies here before continuing on, they will keep spawning until you've killed them all. Jumping on top of the Barracks truck gives you a great advantage - you can have this person facing the way you came from with a minigun or other heavy weapon, with two in the Insurgent facing the direction you're travelling in. Driver is there to move around as necessary and provide support at the rear when necessary.

Other person can be on Savage takedown duty - first one here (2 / 4 total Savages) is usually a Homing Launcher job (on 360 is seems to take longer to get there and you can usually use a Sniper Rifle on it, and you can definitely snipe the third one). Otherwise on next/ current gen, you can usually snipe/ shoot/ RPG (etc) the third one.

For the fourth one, which spawns quite close, it should be coming from such an angle that the Insurgent gunner will have a chance, but I'd still have the Homing Launchers and miniguns at the ready. Then you just have the large roadblock to deal with - which should be dealt with by driving straight through with the Inventory menu open to equip Health/ Armour as necessary, and you're home safe.

PoeticWhisper

This one in my opinion is easier than getting Avi from that island. Just takes a little bit of co-ordination. Homing launcher the first chopper as it arrives, convoy goes crazy, crashes into the brigade of armored kurumas, we snipe the people from a distance while someone moves in. Kills everything.

One person gets in the Kuruma, 1 in the truck, 2 in the Insurgent. Insurgent gunner takes care of choppers, guy in kuruma clears a path for the truck. Once the choppers are out, insurgent gunner kills everything.

Profit.

nWo_Y2J_2015

This one in my opinion is easier than getting Avi from that island. Just takes a little bit of co-ordination. Homing launcher the first chopper as it arrives, convoy goes crazy, crashes into the brigade of armored kurumas, we snipe the people from a distance while someone moves in. Kills everything.

One person gets in the Kuruma, 1 in the truck, 2 in the Insurgent. Insurgent gunner takes care of choppers, guy in kuruma clears a path for the truck. Once the choppers are out, insurgent gunner kills everything.

Profit.

I guess that could work, but the only enemies that really need to been taken care of are the Savage helicopters. I can get the truck by the enemies on the ground pretty easily. How is rescuing Avi harder? You just have an Armored Kuruma, then get him on the boat. Go left and get on to the shore. Request your Armored Kuruma and it will appear near you on the sand. Drive to the tunnel and it'll change to "Lose the Cops" so just take a right and go up the mountain and easily lose the wanted level and finish going over the mountain ending at the drop off.

Profit

• Like 1

PoeticWhisper

Profit.

I guess that could work, but the only enemies that really need to been taken care of are the Savage helicopters. I can get the truck by the enemies on the ground pretty easily. How is rescuing Avi harder? You just have an Armored Kuruma, then get him on the boat. Go left and get on to the shore. Request your Armored Kuruma and it will appear near you on the sand. Drive to the tunnel and it'll change to "Lose the Cops" so just take a right and go up the mountain and easily lose the wanted level and finish going over the mountain ending at the drop off.

Profit

It was harder because I didn't know you could do it like that. Thanks for the tip! Now this heist is cake, as if it wasn't already :p

• Like 1

nWo_Y2J_2015

Profit.

Profit

It was harder because I didn't know you could do it like that. Thanks for the tip! Now this heist is cake, as if it wasn't already :p

No problem :) It's cake as long as you have people that can understand a simple task. Randoms can be pretty good, but you always have that chance of getting that one moron that keeps dying or that one troll that just wants to screw it up.

Ezekeil2Ofive17

Profit.

I guess that could work, but the only enemies that really need to been taken care of are the Savage helicopters. I can get the truck by the enemies on the ground pretty easily. How is rescuing Avi harder?

You just have an Armored Kuruma, then get him on the boat. Go left and get on to the shore. Request your Armored Kuruma and it will appear near you on the sand. Drive to the tunnel and it'll change to "Lose the Cops" so just take a right and go up the mountain and easily lose the wanted level and finish going over the mountain ending at the drop off.

Profit

No problem :) It's cake as long as you have people that can understand a simple task. Randoms can be pretty good, but you always have that chance of getting that one moron that keeps dying or that one troll that just wants to screw it up.

You can also just drive the police boat straight down the river to the lake with the team in the boat and one or two following on the jet ski. Lose the cops on the water, shoot down choppers from the boat if needed then land near the small inlet river to find a parked car, or request your pv

Don't go to the marked jet skis at the start, head to the beach under the large bridge to find jet skis waiting

nWo_Y2J_2015

Profit.

I guess that could work, but the only enemies that really need to been taken care of are the Savage helicopters. I can get the truck by the enemies on the ground pretty easily. How is rescuing Avi harder?

You just have an Armored Kuruma, then get him on the boat. Go left and get on to the shore. Request your Armored Kuruma and it will appear near you on the sand. Drive to the tunnel and it'll change to "Lose the Cops" so just take a right and go up the mountain and easily lose the wanted level and finish going over the mountain ending at the drop off.

Profit

It's far easier to just drive the police boat straight down the river to the lake with the team in the boat and one or two following on the jet ski. Lose the cops on the water, shoot down choppers from the boat if needed then land near the small inlet river to find a parked car, or request your pv

Don't go to the marked jet skis at the start, head to the beach under the large bridge to find jet skis waiting

Too long and it's harder to lose them that way.

I've done this before and dont remember many problems but today for some reason I'm just finding it impossible. I'm on attempt number 20+ on easy with randoms of no lower than level 50 (different people) and we're just getting nowhere.

Any ideas?

It really helps if you all have mics. Also, save the Heist heavy armor outfit and set the heist to Players Saved Outfits. You can take much more damage, but you run slower. Don't use explosives on the convoy. Everyone needs a car they can completely hide behind. I tried using a Manana the other day and when I ducked behind it, I wasn't completely covered and got killed fast. To make it easier, wait for the helicopters to come instead of trying to shoot them down while driving and having to kill the meryweather jeeps at the same time.

Ezekeil2Ofive17

Profit.

Profit

It's far easier to just drive the police boat straight down the river to the lake with the team in the boat and one or two following on the jet ski. Lose the cops on the water, shoot down choppers from the boat if needed then land near the small inlet river to find a parked car, or request your pv

Too long and it's harder to lose them that way.

Not true

Can be done consistently with 3 - 3:30 left on the clock ( why minutes are important to you I do not know ), quicker and easier to dodge or shoot down one chopper than choppers and cars on steep mountain roads and you can't get trapped in a tunnel forcing you to get picked up again. Also keeps the whole team safer at all times

The only time it takes longer is if people go off driving through the mountains

You do things your way, I will do them mine, you share your methods and I will share mine

I will not be debating this further as that is not the point of this thread

I also edited my post, as I often do, to try and not make this an issue