3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Too much crashing!

Coldystalky

Coldystalky

I think there are heaps of topics saying the same thing I'm about to say.. But the crashed are just making me so mad and pissed that I am so in need to tell this myself.. The crashing happens to oftenly that it's like Rockstar has been slacking off on this game concentrating on the graphics and all that. Yet forgetting one of the most annoying things in the game like bugs and crashes... You guys keep saying that you are trying your best to fix this game but Rockstar... Seriously? You had years to get rid of bugs and crashes by playing the game yourselves to have an idea what is happening and fix it! Anyways... All I'm saying is that I'm quite disappointed Rockstar made a game that they had years to prepare and yet still have all these problems..

Good luck to Rockstar trying to not making these mistakes in their future games.

Maybe it's just your computer?

Anyways, this isn't an R* forum, this is a fan site. So you're basically yelling at a brick wall right now buddy. Nevertheless, welcome to GTAF.

• Like 1

LordRaijin

This might be a fan site, but it's good to let out some steam.

And yes. Welcome to the forums, Coldystalky.

The game doesn't crash much at all. In fact, I've only had it crash once in all my time playing it. And so far I've only had two minor bugs. Could you provide more detail, what kind of bugs do you have? People say throw that word around but never get specific.

This may be due to two things:

1. Your computer is to be blamed.

2. If you're by any chance using a crack, then it seems each one still crashes a lot judging by the comments on a few torrents I found with a quick search - but in that case it's not Rockstar's fault.

WildBrick142

I don't know for sure - need more people to confirm - but I think the crashes are caused by the draw distance.

I used to have a fixed crash at the exit of the sewer tunnel, whenever I got remotely close to the exit the game would crash. This made passing The Jewel Store Job impossible for me.

I tried reinstalling multiple times, running the game very high, running the game ultra low (no shadows and negative LOD distance) and even skipping the entire section (which worked... once [but I did not get the achievement for some reason])

So then I thought what if draw distance and map loading cause issues? The tunnel takes me through a few map zones which are still unloaded and load only when resurfacing so maybe the game had trouble with loading the map above and overloaded, causing the game to crash. I decided to experiment with that and bumped "Extended Distance Scaling" in Advanced Graphics section to the max. Got through the tunnel fine. Passed the heist with zero issues. Then I lowered it down to half because maxed out is causing lots of lag - and to keep this setting I had to completely disable shadows because my PC doesn't have a proper graphics card and I would like to play in 720p resolution.

Could be nothing but it's too much of a coincidence that after changing this setting, the constant crash suddenly vanished and I haven't crashed at all when playing for over 12 hours straight yesterday (normally I would get a random crash within an hour, this time nothing hapened).

Edited by WildBrick142

This might be a fan site, but it's good to let out some steam.

And yes. Welcome to the forums, Coldystalky.

Actually it's not. You aren't obliged to do stuff like that, going on and getting mad and making topics about it will only get you banned or suspended.

• Like 1

PhillBellic

I don't know for sure - need more people to confirm - but I think the crashes are caused by the draw distance.

I used to have a fixed crash at the exit of the sewer tunnel, whenever I got remotely close to the exit the game would crash. This made passing The Jewel Store Job impossible for me.

I tried reinstalling multiple times, running the game very high, running the game ultra low (no shadows and negative LOD distance) and even skipping the entire section (which worked... once [but I did not get the achievement for some reason])

So then I thought what if draw distance and map loading cause issues? The tunnel takes me through a few map zones which are still unloaded and load only when resurfacing so maybe the game had trouble with loading the map above and overloaded, causing the game to crash. I decided to experiment with that and bumped "Extended Distance Scaling" in Advanced Graphics section to the max. Got through the tunnel fine. Passed the heist with zero issues. Then I lowered it down to half because maxed out is causing lots of lag - and to keep this setting I had to completely disable shadows because my PC doesn't have a proper graphics card and I would like to play in 720p resolution.

Could be nothing but it's too much of a coincidence that after changing this setting, the constant crash suddenly vanished and I haven't crashed at all when playing for over 12 hours straight yesterday (normally I would get a random crash within an hour, this time nothing hapened).

That doesn't seem like such a bad theory, Brick. I'd imagine it would be of use for some players who are having trouble there. :)