3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

To stop the griefers

SMOKE_JAGUAR__

SMOKE_JAGUAR__

I got tired of it. Enabled passive mode, then ran up to one.

I started running circles around him, getting in his view when he tried to shoot others, bumping into him. I spawned my most expensive vehicle, just for him to blow up and cost him money. Within minutes I had annoyed him so much that he left the server.

In less than 15 minutes I had the three griefers in the server quit to other ones when they had so many others quitting before. We all need to do this, hopefully the griefers will finally give up and go play another game.

I get PvP play, no issues with it. It's when I'm killed trying to buy things, check my phone, or just travelling from point A to point B and they take me for a target.

• Like 7

Sounds like your griefing players just playing the game normally. You should of just went on your way. The only reason I would of left is because most people will try to kill you from passive not just run around you.

• Like 4

FrugalDangerMan

We all hate griefers, but spamming passive mode isn't the answer. I mean, good on you for getting them to leave but at the same time you wasted all that time and energy you could have put into missions, advancing your level and earning money just so you could be intentionally annoying to another player. I.E. griefing them.

Either go passive to get what you need to do done, go invite only, or jump into a mission to get away without feeling like you're letting them win.

Kharma will get them back eventually.

• Like 3

What I usually do, is just kill them over and over until they leave the server. Sometimes I even get people to help me, and it always ends up ticking them off to where they leave.

One thing I have noticed, is that on Xbox One, the people seem to be a lot nicer than the players on Xbox 360. I don't know what console you guys play on, but that's just my personal opinion.

What I usually do, is just kill them over and over until they leave the server. Sometimes I even get people to help me, and it always ends up ticking them off to where they leave.

One thing I have noticed, is that on Xbox One, the people seem to be a lot nicer than the players on Xbox 360. I don't know what console you guys play on, but that's just my personal opinion.

Well not everyone is adept at PK. My dad plays (46) and he wont go passive, he will try to put up a fight(doesnt win) So what are your options if you cant beat em. Leave or call backup.( IMO) However the great thing about this game is you can play it how you want. So if you want to be a douche bag be a douche bag. If you wanna cruise slow do it.

The thing about karma is, some people are so stupid they dont realize it. I've Killed lots of people ingame, (Just try coming near)

So i try my best not to sweat what I consider cheap kills(Passive abuse) because others may consider my kills cheap(them just driving by or shopping,Snipers,Proxys and muggers)

As one poster* said, Your time could have been better spent when you may not even have been the reason to make them leave. If i was 3 deep and had 1 guy in passive bugging 3 of us I wouldent leave as he would only get 1 kill. They may of just gotten bored.

Edited by zXy
  • Like 1

Well not everyone is adept at PK. My dad plays (46) and he wont go passive, he will try to put up a fight(doesnt win) So what are your options if you cant beat em. Leave or call backup.( IMO) However the great thing about this game is you can play it how you want. So if you want to be a douche bag be a douche bag. If you wanna cruise slow do it.

The thing about karma is, some people are so stupid they dont realize it. I've Killed lots of people ingame, (Just try coming near)

So i try my best not to sweat what I consider cheap kills(Passive abuse) because others may consider my kills cheap(them just driving by or shopping,Snipers,Proxys and muggers)

As one poster* said, Your time could have been better spent when you may not even have been the reason to make them leave. If i was 3 deep and had 1 guy in passive bugging 3 of us I wouldent leave as he would only get 1 kill. They may of just gotten bored.

Well, I don't always kill them right away. It depends on what they are doing. For example, if I am in the middle of messing around with a friend, not annoying anyone, and someone comes up and kills me on purpose, I will kill them until they leave. But if i'm doing something where I accidentally (or purposely) kill someone, I will let them kill me a few times and then leave them alone.

I don't usually start pvp wars for no reason.

• Like 1

Yes I do that to red dots sometimes.

Everyone claims that they only shoot people who attack first but and then end the fight with a 1:10 ratio. Just like everyone claims they have a 13-inch dick.

If you're a red dot, then you're the bad guy of the lobby. I have met only a handful of red dots that had not tried to kill me for no reason whatsoever. In fact most people do just that, even regular white dots. Well if you just kill anyone on sight, don't be surprised when others come to annoy you.

And hey, for me it's fun to do.

Edited by RogerWho
  • Like 1

nWo_Y2J_2015

I started running circles around him, getting in his view when he tried to shoot others, bumping into him. I spawned my most expensive vehicle, just for him to blow up and cost him money. Within minutes I had annoyed him so much that he left the server.

In less than 15 minutes I had the three griefers in the server quit to other ones when they had so many others quitting before. We all need to do this, hopefully the griefers will finally give up and go play another game.

I get PvP play, no issues with it. It's when I'm killed trying to buy things, check my phone, or just travelling from point A to point B and they take me for a target.

Depends on what system you are playing. If you're on Current-Gen/PC, then it doesn't matter because your character is somewhat invisible in Passive Mode. If you're on Last-Gen, then they must not have been trying. Don't you think they would've just gotten in a vehicle and ran you over? Maybe they weren't good at grieving, if that's what they were even actually doing, but more than likely you're making more out of it than what it really is.

This is what I did to the last passive troll following me around

On topic though, if someone is bothering you just go passive like you did. But to troll them makes you no better than the. In my opinion.

thebrianmo

When a troll like you does this to me, I quickly turn everyone in the lobby against them and they end up reported by 20 people and voted to kick by just as many. Saw of them complain on twitter my work got them banned for 30 days, so try me! I dare you!

DaltonWilliams123

When a troll like you does this to me, I quickly turn everyone in the lobby against them and they end up reported by 20 people and voted to kick by just as many. Saw of them complain on twitter my work got them banned for 30 days, so try me! I dare you!

So he can't be allowed to enjoy his game without people like you annoying him, yet when he gets the upper hand and makes the actual troll/griefer leave, you have the right to turn everyone against him? That sounds like a move of a sore loser, can't get the upper hand? Let's get an army after the guy. Thats just a d*ck move IMO mate. Fight your own battles instead of calling the cavalry.

• Like 6

WWEMichaelB

55987957.jpg

Señor_Fisto

The first thing I noticed when I switched to PS4 from PS3 was how few red dots there were in lobbies, and how I could pass someone going opposite ways on the same road and they'd keep on driving instead of pulling a U-ie as soon as he sees me like I stole his license plates

• Like 1

Passive mode players on next gen are easy to deal with.

Either get the cops after them OR lure them to a gang hide out. A gang hideout turns passive off.

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

We all hate griefers, but spamming passive mode isn't the answer. I mean, good on you for getting them to leave but at the same time you wasted all that time and energy you could have put into missions, advancing your level and earning money just so you could be intentionally annoying to another player. I.E. griefing them.

Either go passive to get what you need to do done, go invite only, or jump into a mission to get away without feeling like you're letting them win.

Isn't that what free roam is about? How much money or RP have you earned in free roam?

No one goes to free roam to make any real money or rank.

markyhitch

I generally stay out of freemode. Got better things to do than defend myself against arseholes, like making money, ranking up.

• Like 3

I am a griefer and every day I feel bad about it. Still my nature prevails, and every day I start my Hydra to kill innocent citizens down there. When you have three people shooting rockets at you simultaneously, you know that something in your life went terribly wrong. Still, we are just pawns of our fates, and no criminal could ever escape the streets background that made them what they are. So when there is nothing flying on the map any more, and most citizens are in passive, I switch over to a new city and to new kills.

I own a tank, a jet, a savage, a Kuruma, and an Insurgent,and know how to use them all.

The only griefers I can't handle are the ones in missions. In freeroam, an Insurgent and a few well-placed sticky bombs are good enough.

If they have an Insurgent, too? Jet.

They're in a jet? Heavy sniper. Starts smoking with just a couple good hits. One time, I even shot the pilot out. Granted, he was flying straight for me, I couldn't have had an easier shot.

They have a tank? Jet.

Sniping? Tank.

The only griefers I can't handle are the ones in missions. In freeroam, an Insurgent and a few well-placed sticky bombs are good enough.

Do you have any problems with snipers while in Insurgent? I tried to fight people in it once, and was killed by one guy like from any distance with one shot all the time. Tried to do it myself, and never scored a hit. Still not sure if I met an aimbot (I later noticed I was in assisted aim lobby though) or if I just suck at sniping.

Also, what about men on foot with bazookas? I mostly kill them with my Hydra, but sometimes they score a lucky hit and I have to eject, risking getting killed on the ground before I reach another plane.

Finally, do you dogfight other Hydras? My experience is that after the first approach if both are alive, you go into infinite circle trying to face the other plane. If you don't, they will be on your tail and kill you most probably. So no real dogfights, as it looks?

FrugalDangerMan

So...um. yeah, about that. I just tried it and it worked REALLY well and was stupid fun. I rode a bike ringing my bell over and over till he left.

Sigh. I'm a douche.

WdMeaun_2nd

How is being in passive mode annoying for the other player?.. People in passive mode generally follow me around.. although it's not a bother at all.

What is annoying.. is the kind of player going in passive mode.. waiting for someone to try to socialize.. disables passive mode during a time, you can't really notice/react.. shoots you (always rpg/minigun, somehow only high ranks are that lame) and goes back to passive.

Funnily I've only seen Dutch players do that thus far (Dutch myself and not too patriotic for that matter)

I've only been reported once during a mission.. because I was criticizing a German for his unwillingness to talk English (but still able to actually understand it all).

Told them that Germans are silly for dubbing almost every single piece of media, which is a good way to keep the populace simple.

And told them that Dutch don't speak English, because they're simply too self-absorbed..

Ah well.. don't criticize someone's nationality.. even when you criticize every single other nationality :p

Disney channel is a good way to keep your children dumb as well.. dubbing everything..

When someone tries to hassle me in passive I set a bounty on them and start shooting right away.

How is being in passive mode annoying for the other player?..

They honk.. get in the way.. Distract.

Traffic that spawns for them lags. Cops that chase them can hit you.

And sometimes they have a non passive friend they are protecting.

Nothing like a troll that has a passive friend rdy to pick them up when needed.

Most of the time.. Passive players are not a problem, if they simply play it cool.

But most passive players are there to annoy. Honking their stupid horns, getting in the way and just being an annoying ass in general.

Sky_Light12

This is what I did to the last passive troll following me around

On topic though, if someone is bothering you just go passive like you did. But to troll them makes you no better than the. In my opinion.

bravo , maam !

Do you have any problems with snipers while in Insurgent? I tried to fight people in it once, and was killed by one guy like from any distance with one shot all the time. Tried to do it myself, and never scored a hit. Still not sure if I met an aimbot (I later noticed I was in assisted aim lobby though) or if I just suck at sniping.

Also, what about men on foot with bazookas? I mostly kill them with my Hydra, but sometimes they score a lucky hit and I have to eject, risking getting killed on the ground before I reach another plane.

Finally, do you dogfight other Hydras? My experience is that after the first approach if both are alive, you go into infinite circle trying to face the other plane. If you don't, they will be on your tail and kill you most probably. So no real dogfights, as it looks?

No trouble from snipers, just weave a little and hit them while they're scoped in, nothing they can do.

RPGs are easy. RPG them back if you're on foot, divebomb them with the Hydra (Only if it's not a homing launcher, they're trickier to dodge), use the tank (If they manage to hit you enough to blow you up before you manage to kill them at least 3 times, the tank may not be a good choice for you), or sticky bomb them from the safety of your Insurgent.

I only dogfight if I'm reasonably sure I can go off the radar and flank them in time. If not, I land it and snipe or use my explosives.

Only if it's not a homing launcher, they're trickier to dodge

Thanks for answering. You confirmed my suspicion that there is no real dogfighting in GTA without any additional tricks like going off radar :)

So as to Hydra vs homing launchers - I found that in Hydra I mostly kill them, still sometimes they do score a hit if they shoot while I am diving at them. If they lauch it at my tail, it is easy to dodge. On the other hand I tried shooting sown Hydras myself with the homing launcher, and it takes about 3 tries to hit it in the manner described above - ofc provided each time I can go to cover after shooting to hide. What disturbs me is that hitting a plane like that seems pretty much depend on your luck, rather then on skill.

So he can't be allowed to enjoy his game without people like you annoying him, yet when he gets the upper hand and makes the actual troll/griefer leave, you have the right to turn everyone against him? That sounds like a move of a sore loser, can't get the upper hand? Let's get an army after the guy. Thats just a d*ck move IMO mate. Fight your own battles instead of calling the cavalry.

The only dick here is you! I have more PvP kills than anyone here and I'll play the game anyway I see fit! Don't like it? I don't care!

Gantons Most Wanted

The only dick here is you! I have more PvP kills than anyone here and I'll play the game anyway I see fit! Don't like it? I don't care!

Your reaction there definitely implies you do care and on top of that your track record of bragging kind of makes me think your after some sort of validation you're not getting from life. I feel very sad for you and your behaviour.

• Like 1

How is being in passive mode annoying for the other player?.. People in passive mode generally follow me around.. although it's not a bother at all.

What is annoying.. is the kind of player going in passive mode.. waiting for someone to try to socialize.. disables passive mode during a time, you can't really notice/react.. shoots you (always rpg/minigun, somehow only high ranks are that lame) and goes back to passive.

Funnily I've only seen Dutch players do that thus far (Dutch myself and not too patriotic for that matter)

I've only been reported once during a mission.. because I was criticizing a German for his unwillingness to talk English (but still able to actually understand it all).

Told them that Germans are silly for dubbing almost every single piece of media, which is a good way to keep the populace simple.

And told them that Dutch don't speak English, because they're simply too self-absorbed..

Ah well.. don't criticize someone's nationality.. even when you criticize every single other nationality :p

Disney channel is a good way to keep your children dumb as well.. dubbing everything..

So Germans dub everything in their language to keep their flock together and the Dutch are self absorbed? Huh interesting well at least you can see the flaws in your own race of people and not be biased towards anyone else also you could pretty much say that every kids channel is making them stupid, kid's shows have gone downhill over the years IMO.