4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

There are two types of players on online

SmilingWheel126

SmilingWheel126

The ones who kill on sight

And the ones who bitch and moan whenever they are killed even though you are supposed to kill people

• Like 2

ZaBaconator3000

And those who only kill once provoked...stupid thread. Many different types of people in GTA 5

Silencer555

Well if you're talking about freemode, then you aren't SUPPOSED to kill players. You can do whatever you want, whether it's a leisurely drive, stunt driving, gang attacking, robbing or just chatting with random people with mics or killing other players. It's up to you. It can be frustrating to players when they are just driving on about their lives after they just bought and customised a super car to test drive it, and all of a sudden a griefer decides to come over and kill that player over and over again. It's not the victim's fault he doesn't want to engage in PvP, it's that the victim had been in a public lobby for people to do anything thing they want.

The point is, there are multiple types of players online, not just killers and passive people. Freemode isn't a deathmatch.

Edited by Silencer555
  • Like 3

SmilingWheel126

Well if you're talking about freemode, then you aren't SUPPOSED to kill. You can do whatever you want, whether it's a leisurely drive, stunt driving, gang attacking, robbing or just chatting with random people with mics or killing other players. It's up to you. It can be frustrating to players when they are just driving on about their lives after they just bought and customised a super car to test drive it, and all of a sudden a griefer decides to come over and kill that player over and over again. It's not the victim's fault he doesn't want to engage in PvP, it's that the victim had been in a public lobby for people to do anything thing they want.

But you should be expecting to be killed. You give players guns and put them in a session with other players, you should be expecting chaos. This isn't the sims.

Rabid Vulpix

But you should be expecting to be killed. You give players guns and put them in a session with other players, you should be expecting chaos. This isn't the sims.

Yet it's not Call of Duty, there's more to freeroam in this game that pulling out a gun & shooting.

This topic honestly is more fitting for a COD or Halo thread, not GTA.

Edited by Foreverpast
  • Like 2

Silencer555

Yes indeed you should be expecting to be killed, but it doesn't mean players have to fight players only. There are gang attacks, cops, Mercenaries, and loads of other NPCs for players to fight as well. Not everyone wants to be against each other. But death amongst other players will happen eventually.

SmilingWheel126

Yes indeed you should be expecting to be killed, but it doesn't mean players have to fight players only. There are gang attacks, cops, Mercenaries, and loads of other NPCs for players to fight as well. Not everyone wants to be against each other. But death amongst other players will happen eventually.

true

TheLunaticParade

Hey, Breaking news I think they might have found a medicine that can cure the CoD plague. Jk...There's no hope.

"You're supposed to kill people" So if someone hands you a gun that means you're supposed to kill people. Lol

The replies are right. There is a multitude of different player types throughout GTA:O. From the Psycho-paths to the slow ride cruisers. There are players who actually wait for and participate in the world events. Like Armored trucks Gang attacks etc. Saying there are only hunters and prey is idiotic.

• Like 2

filthstar0

And the ones who bitch and moan whenever they are killed even though you are supposed to kill people

This kinda half assed logic is why people still insist on blaming shootings and stuff on video games. I agree that violence in the game will happen eventually but nothing about the game indicates killing as part of necessary gameplay

UnholyLegionMC

If you come near me without sending a friend request I'll shoot. If you come over voice chat and say you're friendly I'll give you a chance but no promises

SMFtwstdHICK

Yep, Wolves n Sheep..

Free roam is chaos and I love it.. I hope it never changes.. The more killings, chaos, explosions. The better..

• Like 1

Plenty of different people. Those are two very broad assessments.

I personally pick and choose my fights. Lone rank 120? I'll see what's up. Group of 8 people in the same crew? I'm in passive mode before I even approach them.

Most of the time I'm only hostile if provoked. If not provoked, we normally cruise together, stir up the cops, end up blowing each other up in spectacular fashions because we forget how to throw sticky bombs, or mess with other players.

When I'm alone, mostly cruising in passive mode or baiting people into dogfights.

Edited by Dagger311
  • Like 1

markyhitch

There might be plenty of different players but everyone plays the same...

Get a fast car, paint it in bright, gay colours, drive through missions as fast as possible, get killed, moan at me because I'm capable of strategy, leave.

• Like 1

This kinda half assed logic is why people still insist on blaming shootings and stuff on video games. I agree that violence in the game will happen eventually but nothing about the game indicates killing as part of necessary gameplay

Lots of this game requires killing.

There are over 30 million different types of players in GTAO.

filthstar0

Lots of this game requires killing.

Obviously but nothing about this game requires that, it's a choice

FrugalDangerMan

There are 10 types of players online OP.

Those who understand binary and those who don't.

• Like 2

I'm not sure what console you play on, but on Xbox One, most people actually don't seem to kill on sight like they do on 360. At least that's the case in most lobbys I've been in.

Supposed to kill people? This is Grand Theft Auto, not Grand Murder Spree

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

At logon I am at my house in Paleto Bay. I then sell a car for 9-13k at Beekers Garage. I then have the mechanic bring up a car from one of my other properties in LS and take back to PB location. I record the day and time so can sell again after one game day. This almost always occurs without incident. People who try to disrupt this really piss me off and I will attack them / hunt them for sport use mercs watch on tv / set bounty.

Next I may select a mission like blowup (an easy 18k) then requisition my buzzard to fly to LS. I do the mission and can mess around go to work at my so side garage stealing cars before getting paid for blowup. Now I have made about 30k.

Otherwise I could take parachute mission ending near my alta street apt getting 2 k. It is as a couple blocks jog thru the construction site after landing - here anything can happen. I avoid fights I can't win but like stealth kills and hsm kills.

Lately problems in LS w hackers bombing everyone in lobby repeatedly. Pushing x button triggers this. I hate these people - have put bounties on them and they decline invite to one on one DM. Leave Lobby to avoid them getting multiple kills on u.

Basically I am a farmer but will take kills if not at disadvantage. I like ridding subway during low bounty killing them but high bounty out to survive in sub or around PB. I am reluctant to kill PB neighbors nor will kill fellow crew members. Bombing someone in expensive car not prudent - expensive ins charge.

If some rushing me I will shoot them on sight or flee via job off play list. I am multi millionaire about $5 mill - may start doing some DM again but shate if really losing score.

I look forward to new properties and investment businesses in game.

There are many killer hobbyists in game and they will try catch you by surprise or your at huge disadvantage so the can kill u repeatedly to pad their KDR ego. There is nothing wrong in leaving lobby in this situation - u owe them nothing.

Edited by derek0514

And the ones that you underestimate that when provoked, hand your ass to you in a basket.

'supposed to kill each other'. Wat.

I like a good killing session here and there. But never do I think..well this is what I'm supposed to do on this game.

You are not "Supposed to kill each other". You just can kill each other. That's like telling me your supposed to be a mage in skyrim. Its just an option, not an objective. In a dm lobby you are supposed to kill each other. In freeroam you are supposed to be, well you know... Free

2 types: those who realize it is a game and therefore has no impact on reality, and those who personalize the game so much that they are emotionally vested in the actions of other players.

it's a game. GAME.

2 types: those who realize it is a game and therefore has no impact on reality, and those who personalize the game so much that they are emotionally vested in the actions of other players.

it's a game. GAME.

A game? It's my f*cking life. Wait till we meet online. I bet you would run. I would kill you over and over again n00b.

^Did I do it right? Haha. Yes it's a game, but not everyone sees it that way sadly.