2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

NTAuthority

From NY to Five in a few steps - the FiveM rage:formats pre-release

fefenc

Hm... err.. what are shaders? .-.

MenuET
following limitations at this time:
  • FiveM, at runtime, only shows lower mipmaps of textures (i.e. texture settings are forced to 'low') due to an unknown bug. Similarly, shadow mapping resolution is lower than what would be expected.

Can't we just make the textures 4x bigger? the texture quality that way will become normal, no?

As the FiveM only shows the texture downsized, we can just make the texture resolution bigger.

• The archetype file definitions do not currently support LOD parents (previously one of the last entries in IPL files) - this is expected to be added in the future.

No LOD's? That is BAD! I think the LOD's, with the Collisions, shoud be priority for you guys.

Let me help you guys with that. How can i?

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

And... Let me give you the fast version of wat i understand, and you say to me if i am correct:

The XML or the JSON are an API, to run only on FiveM (Multiplayer), right?

The JSON is recommended instead of the XML because with it, you can automatize your work, is that correct?

........................................................................................................................................................................................................

One more thing:

Could you guys please put the terminologies meaning? For exemple:

I know that IDE/IPL = Maps

WDR=Models(GTAIV)

YDR=Models(GTAV)

But, what the heck are a:

IMAP??

ITYP??

RPF??

Not everyone knows the terminology, guys. That is like reading hieroglyphs for the most people. I particularly know somethings, but is not everyone.

Edited by MenuET

_CP_

Can't we just make the textures 4x bigger? the texture quality that way will become normal, no?

As the FiveM only shows the texture downsized, we can just make the texture resolution bigger.

I guess, FiveM is reading a lower mipmap level of texture.

Edit

Yep, it's true:

ArGwUb1h.jpg

Edited by _CP_

BlackScout

EDIT:

I give up. If anyone wants to do IV2SA, I won't do it, it's a f*cking mess and I'm tired of converting 24x times to get similar results, I don't have that patience. Also, there are modders with better skill who can do better.

Edited by TrustedInstaller

nickgaminggta

Can Someone Help Me Everytime I Try To Convert A Map this happensplz.png

BlackScout

Do you even?

"It'd be a good idea to extract common/shaders/ from GTA V -- common.rpf's version is fine -- into citizen/shaders/ in the FiveM folder as follows"

shrove.png[/size]

DrGta

anyone up for a iv convert?> tonight?>

Op_Saster

anyone up for a iv convert?> tonight?>

Won't be as easy as you think

Redreaper666

All of u guys who are interested in converting IV LC to V as additional map.

We should start a thread about it and work together on this project as it might lead to something more than everyone trying to do it themselves and finding themselve getting bugs other people might be able to fix.

Lets focus our knowledge and let this happen.

Since i am not that known in the forums yet i please someone of the Bigger Modders as _CP_ to open a thread and send me a pm.

Whoever is interested and got knowledge how to edit / convert stuff / using 3ds Max / OpenIV / NTA`s tools is welcome to join.

I for myself was modding along time for now for the renderware engine (SA) and in the team of GTA SOL Underground (Stories version).

Since i saw what is possible with V now already i clearly am sure that V Rage will be the new sucessor for creating expecially map mods and mods in general.

Please excuse any gramma mistakes since my english isnt the best of all.

RM76

Hm... err.. what are shaders? .-.

Don't even bother.

TJGM

All of u guys who are interested in converting IV LC to V as additional map.

We should start a thread about it and work together on this project as it might lead to something more than everyone trying to do it themselves and finding themselve getting bugs other people might be able to fix.

Lets focus our knowledge and let this happen.

Since i am not that known in the forums yet i please someone of the Bigger Modders as _CP_ to open a thread and send me a pm.

Whoever is interested and got knowledge how to edit / convert stuff / using 3ds Max / OpenIV / NTA`s tools is welcome to join.

I for myself was modding along time for now for the renderware engine (SA) and in the team of GTA SOL Underground (Stories version).

Since i saw what is possible with V now already i clearly am sure that V Rage will be the new sucessor for creating expecially map mods and mods in general.

Please excuse any gramma mistakes since my english isnt the best of all.

Why bother? Nobody is going to convert an entire map manually anymore. NTA has plans to convert the IV map which pretty much none of us can help with other than to test pre-release builds for him.

Claude_Lib

I believe GTA IV LC map needs a little bit of optimization work, something like the remastering VCS Team did. Maybe include updated areas from episodes.

ZZCOOL

i am constantly getting authentication error to the terminal error 201 or 202 i tried reapiring the game i tried two different internet connections i tried rebooting my pc i tried redownloading fivem several times nothing helps

DayL

i am constantly getting authentication error to the terminal error 201 or 202 i tried reapiring the game i tried two different internet connections i tried rebooting my pc i tried redownloading fivem several times nothing helps

I have this error too

Ozu

The newly released VC map mod seems to replace the GTA V map completely. Is there a reason he did this? Because having these map mods as a separate set of islands, in addition to the GTA V map, would be a lot better. Is there some limitation or something?

Especially if NTAuthority or whoever is working on porting over LC. It would work a lot better and make a lot more sense to port if it were a separate set of Islands, where you could fly or sail to.

Richard Power Colt

The newly released VC map mod seems to replace the GTA V map completely. Is there a reason he did this? Because having these map mods as a separate set of islands, in addition to the GTA V map, would be a lot better. Is there some limitation or something?

Especially if NTAuthority or whoever is working on porting over LC. It would work a lot better and make a lot more sense to port if it were a separate set of Islands, where you could fly or sail to.

Pretty sure it'll happen eventually, but these are just the first experimental map mods.

MrGTAmodsgerman

When I double click on the FiveM executable nothing happens. The blue spinning ring thingy pops up like as if it's attempting to load something and it says I'm playing FiveM on steam for a split second then does nothing. Is there any way to get around this?

You need this special Update, install it by Mods folder or the normal way

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fy5f6qaxgahmygu/GTA+5+FiveM+Update.7z

ZZCOOL

I have this error too

works for me now i guess it wasn't an error on my side

Dap300

Any plans for getting it working in non-FiveM GTA?

Mr.Arrow

Whenever I click FiveM.exe nothing happens ( it shows the blue circle loading but the application doesnt seem to start or work at all)

yQwc9Nq.jpg

Im using the steam version and yes ,I replace the GTA5.exe and Update.rpf with the retail patch version

Richard Power Colt

Whenever I click FiveM.exe nothing happens ( it shows the blue circle loading but the application doesnt seem to start or work at all)

yQwc9Nq.jpg

Im using the steam version and yes ,I replace the GTA5.exe and Update.rpf with the retail patch version

I sh*t you not I had the same problem, but it solved itself once I rebooted my computer.

RM76

-snip-

Why is it that everyone who takes a picture of their monitor screen with a camera always has a filthy monitor? I guess carelessness comes along with ineptitude.

Mr.Arrow

Why is it that everyone who takes a picture of their monitor screen with a camera always has a filthy monitor? I guess carelessness comes along with ineptitude.

lol thats how natural works >P

I manage to solve the problem though ( I use my vanilla files instead ) . It looks like my modded files somehow mess up FiveM.exe

Edited by Cyberzone2

ClaudeSpeed600

we need update for FiveM

11401109_407501032758390_541791108950225

Edited by ClaudeSpeed600

BlackScout

nvm stupid question

Richard Power Colt

So uhh... when can we expect an update for the current version of GTA V?

fefenc

NTA once said that the IV LODS are a pile of mess (something similar) and they were the reason to IV run so sh*tty on every PC, so I'm sure LC with be a little GPU demanding :S

BlackScout

I think the problem was in the game engine and not in the map.

Which makes sense because ViIV LOD's are all f*cked.

yeahhmonkey

Hello :D

Is there a way you can help me?

Please give me a easy guide.

I like to get some weapons from Gta SanAndreas/ Gta iv/ vice city name it

to gta v.

What do i need to download.

Where can i download this file's.

How/what is the easy way to do this?

I hope someone can help me.

because this Website is to much to handle for me ( lol )

please tell me what i need, how i do this. and stuff like this :D

Thank you so much :D

reditec

Please release an update for the client version :)