3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

What's your concept for a new game?

Richard Power Colt

Richard Power Colt

What kind of game do you want to see created?

I think it would be cool to see like a multiplayer Godzilla game where one guy plays as Godzilla alone against an army of players as human soldiers. Godzilla's objective of course is to destroy the city and the humans need to stop him.

Godzilla's health could vary depending on the amount of players on the opposing team(can't always have a full server).

Environments would obviously be destructable and the humans could perhaps have several army bases around the map to spawn into which could be destroyed by Godzilla to stop the humans from spawning nearby while you're destroying the city areas nearby.

The humans could have objectives like evacuating citizens which would give them the ability to call in powerful airstrikes against Godzilla(because there would no longer be human casualties).

And there could be some special buildings that when destroyed by Godzilla could, give him some buffs, it should be possible though for humans to somehow try to keep Godzilla away from these buildings. Perhaps the humans should actually have a lot of sci-fi technology as we know from the movies that a modern human army doesn't stand a chance against the king of monsters(excluding the terrible 1998 american movie).

Edited by GTAandStuff

What kind of game do you want to see created?

I think it would be cool to see like a multiplayer Godzilla game where one guy plays as Godzilla alone against an army of players as human soldiers. Godzilla's objective of course is to destroy the city and the humans need to stop him.

A hunting game, not like evolve. Want to see it? I'll put a spoiler because it's too long

Features:

- 18 Hunters, 1 Creature

- Cryptid: Bigfoot, Jersey Devil, Dover Demon, Mothman, Nessie, Wendigo, Mongolia Death Worm, and more you can play as

- Different wild life where both the hunters and creature need to get used to adapt

- Games take place at noon til midnight, early morning is when the investigation stops and if both survive, it's a tie

Hunters:

- Hunters must plan to capture the creature

- Limited distance when you talk to your team

- Hunters have tools such as firearms, medic supplies, wrenches, cameras, and more

- Depending on the environment, The hunters can have vehicles that can range from air, land, and sea specifically, or sometimes all together

- Getting a picture of the creature will grant you xp for you to rank up to earn new abilities

- The abilities are

Handyman: Great at repairing vehicles or jammed items, useful for fixing something thats broken

Marksman: May not have an instant headshot kill (that's too op), but can slow down time and carry more ammo, useful when hiding or in a watchtower

Medic: Your typical healing expert, however he/she can heal their ownself within 30 seconds of being down, useful when teammate(s) is down

Pathfinder: Uses many tracking tools that he/she can start off with. All though no dog companion (again, learnt lesson from Evolve), he/she actually is handy when there are footprints and have limited night vision. Useful for finding the creature

Arm: A specific ability that will be able make you last longer and take more risks than other abilities. Useful when making sure the area is safe and whatnot

HIdden: A creature's night vision last longer than a hunter's. However, Hidden is ability that will let you be unnoticed by the creature unless shot at. Useful, for stalking the creature and showing it's area of interest.

Ranger: The expert of the environment, using a ranger ability will grant you double supply and a manual to find the weakness of the creature. Useful, for having the knowledge of the creature's existence

Sprinter: He/she can run faster, stamina increased, and jump higher. Useful, when catching up to the creature

Trapper: This ability will grant the hunter more useful tools to trap a creature, useful when planning on how to catch the creature

Driving/Piloting Expert: This ability will grant the hunter to able get a better steer and speed for any vehicle. Also, the expert can fix his own vehicle if it ever has a problem (only thing he can fix). Useful, for aiding or assisting a hunter and finding the creature

- Many different ways to customize your own character with different environments

Creatures:

- Creatures have 5 minutes to hide or run

- Creatures need food and water

- Each creature is very unique sometimes sea creature don't need water at all

- Creatures also different ways to adapt, thus different ways to play

- Creatures have both strengths and weaknesses weather being stronger damage wise, balanced, or stronger health wise

Edited by Landotel
  • Like 1

Slam_Jones

Urban Cat Simulator.

You play a male Tom who roams the streets, pissing on things to claim them as yours and impregnating the local fem-cats.

An online multiplayer game for the whole family.

Also from Slam Jones Industries: Segregation Simulator! Keep the lower class down by taking bribes and unfair zoning contracts! Make sure you have a militarized police force present, or they might revolt!

Edited by Slam_Jones
  • Like 1

A game where you play as a spider in a house and you have to poison and kill targets while avoid being seen or killed.

John The Grudge

I've had an idea for ages now. Basically it would be a soap box racing game. With lots and lots of parts to choose from you build you soap box racer. You can decorate it with paint and decals in the same way that Forza allows you to. Factors to consider when designing your racer would include things such as grip, control and speed and the build system would be deep with each part potentially affected performance. There would be no data to tell you how each part might affect the racer so you'd have to figure that out with either common sense or trial and error.

The races would take place in varying and fun environments all over the world with challenging layouts and fun obstacles. The variety of terrain would ensure that there was no one best build. As in real soap box racing there's no power to the wheels so you're simply free wheeling down a hill. There would be no power ups and the physics would have to be as realistic as possible.

I envision this looking like a fun accessible and colourful racing game but with real depth. Customisable tracks would also be essential.

Edited by John The Grudge

TheFlareEntercounter

An idea has been going around in my head for a while now for an online third person shooter set in the 1980s. The game would be set in a massive open-world with both cities and countryside. Weapons and other game items would be unlocked by the player's rank. A large emphasis would be placed on weapons and gunplay - the bullets fired would have real physics (bullet drop, curvature due to wind, ricocheting off walls, etc.). There would be no particular goal to the game, meaning everyone stands for themselves and it's up to the players to create their own gamemodes. The HUD would be very limited and minimalistic. The players would not be marked in any way (no name overlay above their heads, etc.) which means hiding in plain sight is easily acheivable, and camouflage suits could be bought to increase the stealth ablities in rural areas. Money would also exist, but there would be a pre-set amount of it circulating among the players (meaning that not everyone can have eleven quadrillion dollars after playing for a while.). Money would be stored in banks (on which you could pull heists) or in the players' personal stashes (which could also be robbed - just imagine: a group of well armed criminals assaulting a mansion of a really wealthy player and stealing his/hers money). Money could also be given by players to players whenever wanted. Real-estate can be bought and sold from and to players. There would be no powerups and perks - everyone would be equal.

Edited by TheFlareEntercounter

Evil Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. You are a Daedric Warrior and your mission is to aid your fellow Daedra into reaching the human world and ending it! Open the Gates of Oblivion and bring Doom! Edit* Would have been a good DLC or something.

Edited by B Dawg

It's actually a game that, I'm afraid, will never actually see the light of day. It's called Possession and the concept was that you were a zombie-overlord and actually controlled other zombies. The zombies' you controlled had different class like ( and these are rough names, since it doesn't seem it made it out of Alpha):

Shuffler: Slow but steady your typical "Night of the Living Dead" zombie. pretty slow but could be resilient

Runner: Think "28 Days Later" fast but weak zombies

Bloater: Mutated to the point that they are walking grenades. If exploded in a crowd, anyone hit became infected.

Predator (can't remember if that was the name or not: This was you stealthy zombie, kind of like a Licker form the RE games. Excellent at hunting and infecting single targets but susceptible to groups.

Monster: Huge zombie, the concept art looked like a lot of Shufflers "meshed" into one of these. The tank zombie which could take loads of damage but balanced lost the ability to infect.

Other Details:
The "zombie lord" himself had some abilities. He could control the groups, like an RTS and also directly possess a single zombie (of any type). While possessing a zombie, the camera switch to first-person view.

The enemies you faced, was based on how much carnage you ensued and how much your infection had spread. Enemy types included civilian mobs, cops, survivalists, military and a "special" response group, amongst others..

A (very) rough video is still on youtube and linked below. The wiki has pretty much been wiped clean of most of the information at this time.

Overall, I felt this offered a more fun aspect to the usually pretty stale zombie genre. But alas, I don't see it, nor possibly anything like it, being released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YCu1CepFGQ

Another idea concept that I want to see be made is an open world game, that is based off the future, but with a bit of a twist. Going to two worlds and actually having dynamic diversity.

I'm still thinking of it, but here's what I got for the name of my countries for my game:

Mistonia (Or 2nd Earth):

New Russia (Or новый России) is Russia's new republic, one of the first countries to be formed in Mistonia it remains as the biggest country in 2nd Earth.

Modena is one of the few original countries created by inspiration back on earth, this includes South Africa, Italy, England, Spain, and more.

Apollo is a new country inspired not by tradition or culture, but by technology and revolutionizing the planet. It remains as the most revolutionary and futuristic countries in Mistonia

California Republic is a country that was seperated by Ormias due to a large amount of people living in the state and a government petition. This state is no longer that and is now it's own country, this Mistonia country is considered the most diverse.

Arar is known for having many rural areas meaning it's a no man zone and not many laws are conflicted in this country. However, a military base controls most of what the government is doing.

Ormias, after the country United States of America was torn to bits on Earth, Americans built a new society that is truly inspired by one's country on Earth. Instead of "Americans" it's now "Ormians." Ormias is considered the Midpoint of Mistonia and also known for having a large set of military and navy bases all over the world.

*Not Finished

Edited by Landotel

Richard Power Colt

Another idea concept that I want to see be made is an open world game, that is based off the future, but with a bit of a twist. Going to two worlds and actually having dynamic diversity.

I'm still thinking of it, but here's what I got for the name of my countries for my game:

Mistonia (Or 2nd Earth):

New Russia (Or новый России) is Russia's new republic, one of the first countries to be formed in Mistonia it remains as the biggest country in 2nd Earth.

Modena is one of the few original countries created by inspiration back on earth, this includes South Africa, Italy, England, Spain, and more.

Apollo is a new country inspired not by tradition or culture, but by technology and revolutionizing the planet. It remains as the most revolutionary and futuristic countries in Mistonia

California Republic is a country that was seperated by Ormias due to a large amount of people living in the state and a government petition. This state is no longer that and is now it's own country, this Mistonia country is considered the most diverse.

Arar is known for having many rural areas meaning it's a no man zone and not many laws are conflicted in this country. However, a military base controls most of what the government is doing.

Ormias, after the country United States of America was torn to bits on Earth, Americans built a new society that is truly inspired by one's country on Earth. Instead of "Americans" it's now "Ormians." Ormias is considered the Midpoint of Mistonia and also known for having a large set of military and navy bases all over the world.

*Not Finished

"Going to two worlds" actually reminded me of the idea I had for a new potential Jak and Daxter game. Similarly to what was done with the Sly Cooper and R&C franchises(the other two big 3D-platformer franchises from the PS2 era), the new game would feature time travel(Sly 4: Thieves in time and R&C: Crack in time). Mainly in the form of being able to travel between the Jak 1 era and the modern era from Jak 2 and 3. We have seen time travelling in the franchise before so it could make sense. And I think if you travel back in time to the old era, you shouldn't be allowed to use weapons from the future as it would be op against old-era enemies. Maybe explain this by saying that bringing modern weapons to the past could compromise the natural development in technology. Then again going back in time in the first place likely to do some missions probably has a notable impact in history. Whatever, it doesn't matter, I just think it would be cool to return to the Jak 1 era, but without getting rid of the modern era. And with the whole no guns thing in the past, the gameplay could have some major changes when switching between eras.

paperbagdude

I've always been thinking of this huge never seen before open world PvE/PvP MMO 3rd person shooter game.

Graphics are like GTA V with a world as size as Australia or greater. (consoles will handle this in 2050)

The game is generally set in a wealthy and modern world like ours. The game builds upon one of the ideas of Minecraft, where the player is the one to shape the world itself. The player must improve their characters skills within different categories to survive. Food is a basic component to the gameplay itself. The player can't starve, but food will help the character regenerate health, in case it's injured/has low HP. The more skill points the character has assigned in herbalism, the better it will be at seeking out herbs and berries that can have a positive effect on its current health e.g.

The first thing the player does, is to create their character. The character creator provides advanced and highly detailed options for customizating their character. Then they choose a name for it. The player will be able to have a limited amount of skill points to assign within the various categories. (herbalism, hunting, shooting, stamina, strenght e.g.)

Now, the player will spawn in a major town made by developers. The player is given $10.000. These can be spend on various resources, such as weapons, clothing, gear etc., which can all be bought within the boundaries of the 'newbie town'. When the player is ready, it can finally be teleported to a random location within the massive world. It's now up the player to decide what to do.

Did you just spawn next to a forest? Take your ax, cut down some wood, and build a cabin which you can safely store your stuff in without being griefed. Maybe you should have some food incase anything bad happens. Take your cheap AK-47 and kill some deer. Just met bigfoot? Kill that thing too.

Anyone kinda see where I'm heading? Probably gonna be posting more when I have the time and ideas.

JohnXina - Discord Emojispacer.pngJohnXina - Discord Emoji

El Tigre chino

this with more realism

Edited by El Tigre chino

Richard Power Colt

this with more realism

Sounds pretty cool, but there's a lot of promise to fulfill and many indie multiplayer games in the past have died out pretty quickly. This one, since it's an mmo, definitely needs to sustain a big crowd to keep it interesting to play. Well I guess it just comes down to advertising and on how good the game actually is.

Mistonia (Or 2nd Earth):

*Not Finished

"Going to two worlds" actually reminded me of the idea I had for a new potential Jak and Daxter game. Similarly to what was done with the Sly Cooper and R&C franchises(the other two big 3D-platformer franchises from the PS2 era), the new game would feature time travel(Sly 4: Thieves in time and R&C: Crack in time). Mainly in the form of being able to travel between the Jak 1 era and the modern era from Jak 2 and 3. We have seen time travelling in the franchise before so it could make sense. And I think if you travel back in time to the old era, you shouldn't be allowed to use weapons from the future as it would be op against old-era enemies. Maybe explain this by saying that bringing modern weapons to the past could compromise the natural development in technology. Then again going back in time in the first place likely to do some missions probably has a notable impact in history. Whatever, it doesn't matter, I just think it would be cool to return to the Jak 1 era, but without getting rid of the modern era. And with the whole no guns thing in the past, the gameplay could have some major changes when switching between eras.

Well although I'm not done with this concept, the whole two worlds thing for this actually has a story behind it. Basically, on Earth multiple natural disasters & man mad disasters turned the Earth into a wasteland similar to Mad Max, except this setting is semi-futuristic, meaning it has all modern guns and some futuristic type guns that will indeed come present day once it's finished (not lasers and flying cars lol). One idea of a futuristic gun is the use of a rail gun as the US is already trying to make. You can go to the two worlds, Earth is basically screwed and is a wasteland with no rules or laws, while Mistonia is 2nd Earth having many rules and laws. I wished this type of concept comes alive because we are at a point where a lot of things in the gaming world is possible with stronger systems and other things.

Edited by Landotel

CrysisAverted

Pacific Rim game with Oculus and Kinect support, you get to walk a Jaeger or Kaiju and wreck each other and the city

FPS where your protagonist fights in every war from the beginning of time till the end of time somewhere in the far future. Multiplayer would allow you to play in several different eras and allow you to use weapons from the past in the future so you could 360 YY chuck a spear across the map but of course you would not be capable of using future tech in the past...

• Like 1

Hey OP, I think I found a game like you were looking for. It's called Omegalodon

It's really arcadey but it basically describes everything you stated you wanted. Link: http://www.northofearth.com/omegalodon/

Edited by Ezza.
  • Like 1

Richard Power Colt

Hey OP, I think I found a game like you were looking for. It's called Omegalodon

It's really arcadey but it basically describes everything you stated you wanted. Link: http://www.northofearth.com/omegalodon/

Ohh I actually know this game, but for some reason I had the memory that the monster was just on-rails and you couldn't control it(I think I maybe watched a match or something where it was controlled by AI and got misguided). I guess it would be worth a shot, but then again it might not have a big player-base anymore. And I'd prefer a more realistic version of this where the humans are playing in first-person, the graphics aren't cartoony and the monster(whether it be Godzilla or not) would actually be really menacing.

Pacific Rim game with Oculus and Kinect support, you get to walk a Jaeger or Kaiju and wreck each other and the city

Oh yeah that movie was so much fun to watch and I wished they had made a really good tie-in game. The tie-in they actually made for it looks like garbage, but back on PS2 I owned a game called War of the Monsters which was so much fun to play. You could destroy nearly every building, hurl your opponents in the air(to hit buildings and break them), use cars and tons of other objects as weapons, play as 10 different monsters all with their unique kind of cheesy gimmick like one is a giant alien with big brains and one is basically a King Kong rip-off. There's also a Godzilla and gundam rip-off so they're kinda paying homage to these kinds of movies. They have these retro movie posters in the loading screens it's pretty cool. I wish they made a sequel to it now. Here's some gameplay:

Edited by GTAandStuff

Lemoyne outlaw

red dead revolution. set in the civil war. with two protagonists one confederate and another union. the story would start in gettysburg and both protagonists get lost. they eventually meet up and realise their out of ammo. so they sit and talk. they throw their muskets out. then when the battle is over they decide that they are tired of war and decide to desert the army. they both still hardly trust each other but they decide to go west. we follow the charecters and their journy to california as they meet new people, fight indians, and even fight gangs. when they get to texas they get tired of traveling. so they want to settle their. the problem is they dont have much money. so they start a gang. and as both protags you can choose how to run the gang. eventually you have the law, rival gangs, and the army on you. so they all attack you all at once. the whole gang was there and had a massive shootout. unfortunatly both of the leaders were hit. unfortunatly the union one was killed. the confederate was hit but fortunatly he lived. he surrendered and the fight was over. after the rebel was treated. he made a deal with the law. he would give back all the gold he stole in exchange for his freedom to settle down. a few years later he meats a man named john marston and he teaches him some stuff and befriends him. john asks for places to do ranching. he had just the place for him. the place were there clubhouse was and the big shootout was beechers hope. and the confederate was revealed to be uncle. the weapons range from cannons gatling guns to fifles and revolvers. horses and stagecoaches are the main transport. sorry for the long post but i had to do a civil war one.

Huge open world, first-person, no HUD, apocalyptic survival sim - MP with a maximum of 8 players ('survivors') per lobby, to cut down on the silly mayhem we see in GTA:O

No zombies, limited ammo and food. Vehicles can be salvaged from those left on the streets, but the player must find parts and fuel before it becomes functional.

Real time weather and seasons, with gametime that runs in realtime.

The map would be colossal - on a scale like nothing before it, and each of the online players would find their own quiet corner of the map's vast wilderness and begin the long process of developing a little farm there.

Tension and excitement would come from the fact that you would have to make regular trips to the city to salvage equipment etc, and the threat that other players may be doing the same thing, at the same time.

You would be able to hunt for food, on land and in water, either swimming with a spear / harpoon, or simply fishing from the banks.

To maintain your food supply, you would be able to breed animals and grow crops.

The first-person physics and graphics would look like they do in Silent Hills P.T.

Edited by OurJud

Probably like most people here, I'd like to see another open-world game.

The meat and potatoes of open-world games are events, things going on in the world that make the world more interesting, otherwise it's just an open world, or an exploration game if its got pretty art. So what I'd do is make every building enterable, every sewer and tunnel destructable and enterable, every car would have their own nics and scratches and off-market modifications, every pedestrian would be unique with their own haircut and facial features. Also the world would be full of events, much more fleshed out and numerous than GTA's. You might set up a bank heist with some random back-alley thug, or maybe start stalking a guy and he'd pull you aside and introduce you to the world of burglary, maybe an old woman would like help ordering at mcdonalds, then she'd take you home and f*ck you, etc. Just random, detailed stuff.

Also there would be "real-world: trends. Every few weeks a new kind of clothing might get popular, or maybe pedestrians start doing strange dances because a popular rapper invets the fiddly-whack jig.

The game clock would follow a 24 hr format like animal crossing games, so if you wanted to play at night you'd actually play at night irl, or set your console clock to that, and then you could spend the whole night playing at night.

And f*ck technical limitations. The game wouldn't have a musical soundtrack or any non-essential media included. The world is the game, so the devs would have the time and space available to implement all that.

[...] maybe an old woman would like help ordering at mcdonalds, then she'd take you home and f*ck you, etc.

:blink:

BUT THE BENZ

facial motion capture as seen in L.A. Noire + quick time events as seen in Heavy Rain + combat movement and shooting mechanics as seen in Max Payne 3 + a huge open world as seen in GTA V or RDR, all wrapped in a story that's thrilling, dark, twisted, engaging. something set in the 80's maybe, purely fictional though.

Algonquin Assassin

I've always thought it would be cool to create an open world game using a similar concept to Supernatural where you travel cross country solving mysterious deaths, fighting off demons, solving famous urban legends etc. I suppose it would be nothing more than "Supernatural: The Game", but even have it set in different countries would be awesome also.

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

I've always thought it would be cool to create an open world game using a similar concept to Supernatural where you travel cross country solving mysterious deaths, fighting off demons, solving famous urban legends etc. I suppose it would be nothing more than "Supernatural: The Game", but even have it set in different countries would be awesome also.

I've had that idea too. Although it'd be set in one large township or county in a modern-day lovecraft's new england (probably county, the largest GTA games are hardly half an average couty I'd imagine, counties also give you more empty land/hills/forests to work with), absolutely full of spooks. The game would be set around maybe one murder mystery, but you'd be free to wander around and discover the other urban legends and oddities yourself.

The idea was born out of years of gta:sa myth hunting, and reading this wikipedia page, (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_Man), imagining what it'd be like to see that in a game.

Edited by m.toreno

• 8 months later...
Richard Power Colt

A multiplayer survival game with medieval fantasy elements. I know there's Reign Of Kings, but as far as I know it doesn't contain any fantasy stuff. I think it would be cool to have magic spells as end game abilities. They would need staffs or wands to cast so you could still lose those abilities if people steal your loot.

Some other ideas for features: Base walls could be enchanted with spells to make them stronger, fantastical pve creatures like giant trolls to kill for loot, legendary items like flaming swords and sh*t, dungeon areas like old castles and caves as well as abandoned towns with enemies in them and lets just throw in orc breeding, because why not.

Edited by Nutsack McQueen

Reverse GTA: you play as the paramedics, police etc full time or even as innocent bystanders, shop keepers, whatever while the protagonist goes about their life.

Interesting perspective.

• Like 1

EqqGXy2.gif