3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[V|WIP|BETA] Replace Character Vehicles

Driftall

This mod allows you to 'replace' the character vehicles.

How it works:
Whenever the script detects either Micheal's Tailgator, Franklin's Buffalo or Trevor's Bodhi, it is removed and your saved vehicle is spawned in it's place.

Usage:
Press Numpad0 to set the saved vehicle, the vehicle is only saved to the player you are currently using.
You can also press Numpad5 to toggle the mod on and off for cases such as missions where the default car is required.

Requirements:
Script Hook V http://gtaforums.com/topic/788343-vrel-script-hook-v/
Community Script Hook V .NET http://gtaforums.com/topic/789907-vrel-community-script-hook-v-net/

Installation instructions:
Copy ReplaceCharVeh.net.dll & ReplaceCharVeh.cfg to the scripts folder in your GTA5 directory.

Uninstallation instructions:
Delete ReplaceCharVeh.net.dll from the scripts folder in your GTA5 directory.

Config instructions:
- CheckDistance = Distance that the game will look for default player vehicles, setting this very high may cause performance issues
- SaveKey = The key to save vehicle
- ToggleModKey = The key used to toggle the mod

For the keys, use the 'Member name' from https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.keys%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

Changelog:

V0.5
- Updated for ScriptHookVDotNet v1.0
- Added standard vehicle blips

V0.4.2
- Added more debugging features
- Fixed the bug where you were removed from the default vehicle when you had not set a replacement
- Added custom color support

V0.4.1
- Added easier debugging
-- If you have any issues, please check the 'ReplaceCharVehLogFile.log' file in your GTA5 directory

V0.4
- Reduced crash rate
- Fixed tyre smoke color not saving
- Player now gets put into vehicle instead of standing on top
- Added support for:
-- Pearlescent paint
-- Rim color
-- Turbo
-- Xenon headlights
-- Tire smoke toggle (not sure if this is used anywhere, added it just incase)

V0.3
- Added prompts to notify when a car is saved and when the mod is started/stopped
- Added support for:
-- Number plates
-- Window tint
-- Tyre smoke color
-- Dirt
- Added config file
-- CheckDistance
-- SaveKey
-- ToggleModKey

V0.2.1
- Fixed no cars saving or spawning

V0.2
- Added neon support
- Fixed multiple cars spawning bug

Bug List:
Vehicles may stay after a reload, exploding them should remove it from spawning again.

Notes:
I have coded in blip support, however this uses functions only available in a up-to-date manually compiled scripthook.net, I'm happy to provide a build with these in if people would like it though.

Showcase:

Made by RGAMEZ

Download:https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/replace-character-vehicles

(Temporary link until above is approved: http://expirebox.com/download/309e50742e25cbd783ebc6fb67815d73.html )

This is still a WIP so probably has some bugs I haven't found/fixed so if you find any please let me know.

Edited by Driftall

Finally...but where's the download?

EDIT: Sorry, after refresh, it's there...awesome!

Edited by Jannomag

What about missions requiring you to drive more than 2 people if you have a vehicle for 2 people only?

What about missions requiring you to drive more than 2 people if you have a vehicle for 2 people only?

At the moment you would just have to save another vehicle/move the file so the default vehicle is then left to spawn.

I'm happy for other suggestions though, I may add in the option to disable/enable the script ingame to make spawning the default car easier.

†Tyranick†™

Wow...! Awesome, quesiton, does it save ANY car and or any vehicle and or any form of modification to said car? Say for example I want to save my fully decked out Kuruma with neon and all that, does it save everything the car "is" when saved? Because if so, you sir, are a f*cking genius! Been waiting for this for so long!

Wow...! Awesome, quesiton, does it save ANY car and or any vehicle and or any form of modification to said car? Say for example I want to save my fully decked out Kuruma with neon and all that, does it save everything the car "is" when saved? Because if so, you sir, are a f*cking genius! Been waiting for this for so long!

It saves any vehicle with any modification that I've tested, I haven't unlocked everything on my save so can't fully test it but I'm happy to add anything that's missing.

Now that you mention neons I don't think I've added that but I'll look into it now, and any custom colours (i.e. the ones that aren't available in LSC) do not work currently but I'm not sure where/whether they are used anyway. Glad to help!

• Like 1

†Tyranick†™

Awesome! Nice one with neons too, always a must ;).

Now then, going to be testing you a bit more lol. Does this save a vehicle that has an attachment too it? For example a truck with a trailer or a SUB with a boat trailer or well just any trailer attached? Speaking of attachment, what about physical entities attached to the vehicle like say additional lights from the "object spooner" mod or other things? I would probably guess not at that...

And what about when saving the game with a saved vehicle and exiting? Will loading up the game REMEMBER my saved custom car and load it properly? As that's a pretty big deal!

Happy to give advice and test, excellent job on this, now all we need is for mlgthatsme to get the vehicle delivery mechanic from gta online working and we are set to go! Loving these mods so much.

Neons have now been added so will be in the next release!

I have found a bug though which may just be on this specific save point but it doesn't detect the tailgater correctly so just keeps spawning car after car, once I get that fixed though I shall upload the new version.

It wouldn't be too difficult to add trailer saving and loading as well, however doing so just seems to be asking for issues :p, I could add a settings files to enable or disable it though if you'd like.

Haven't heard of the 'object spooner' mod but if they are external options not normally allowed via the game then it doesn't save them, not sure how I could even add that feature in but I'll look into it.

As soon as you press Num Pad 0, the vehicle is saved to a file, so whenever you load the game or even if you go back to a previous save file the vehicle will still be the same saved one. It does mean you need to remember to save the vehicle if you make any modifications, but again I'm looking into automatically detecting if any changes have been made and resaving the car.

• Like 1

†Tyranick†™

You work fast! Nice job :). Lol i bet that was a fun bug...ha infinite spawning.

Yeah thought it would be kinda find to have a barracks semi + army trailer as a personal vehicle for those "why the hell not" missions :p, yeah i think a toggle will work best for that ha.

Yeah I thought as much, no worries, the mod isn't exactly user friendly and it is difficult to "create" stuff.

That's great about the between game saving and updating, even more praise for you then :). Will look forward to the updated version :).

Yup, was a bit of a pain but fixed eventually!

I can see how that'd be kinda fun :p, I'll see if I can get it added in sometime in the next couple days.

The only way I could think of doing it off the top of my head is finding whether anything is attached directly to the car and if not is within the vicinity but I doubt it would be that accurate tbh.

Updated version is up (well it is whenever they approve it, dl link is here until then:http://expirebox.com/download/64338c4f56f65b5b02e648c7f5966843.html)

Added neon support and fixed a few bugs.

PremanKampung

THIS !!! this mod is what i've been waiting for. Thanks :colgate:

edit: request @Driftall can you make custom .ini for changing saved vehicle button?

Edited by PremanKampung

edit: request @Driftall can you make custom .ini for changing saved vehicle button?

You can't i don't think its possible to do .ini but i think it works for settings files or txt files

†Tyranick†™

Just thought i'd post here too in case you don't seeo n GTA5-mods:

Gah...it's not working for me man :\. Pressing the button does nothing, no alert or confirmation and the car remains the same between saves. Is it supposed to be a .net.dll? or just .net or .dll? Not sure why it wouldn't be working but it's not annoyingly.

Not sure what file type I'll use but I am planning to make the button changable.

reddevilthp

Working pretty great so far. Gave franklin the duke o death and michael a zentorno :D But some things dont work smooth:

1. Window settings are not saved

2. Wheel colours are not saved

3. AT TIMES car colours are not saved properly. Either the primary colour becomes grey and/or the pearlescent colour becomes a shade of silver and/or the secondary colour becomes a blue-green shade.

4. At times the cars dont load properly so you have to reboot the scripts by pressing Insert.

Thank for making a mod that so many people have been waiting for for so long! :D

could you make an option that saves damage and dirt as well (in an INI or something) so we have a reason to wash and fix our cars?

Working pretty great so far. Gave franklin the duke o death and michael a zentorno :D But some things dont work smooth:

3. AT TIMES car colours are not saved properly. Either the primary colour becomes grey and/or the pearlescent colour becomes a shade of silver and/or the secondary colour becomes a blue-green shade.

4. At times the cars dont load properly so you have to reboot the scripts by pressing Insert.

Thank for making a mod that so many people have been waiting for for so long! :D

Nice! 1-3 are in the process of adding/fixing. What do you mean by cars not loading properly?

could you make an option that saves damage and dirt as well (in an INI or something) so we have a reason to wash and fix our cars?

Don't think I'm able to save the damage but I'll add the dirt saving.

reddevilthp

Nice! 1-3 are in the process of adding/fixing. What do you mean by cars not loading properly?

The new cars dont show up. So i can still see the tailgater as michael's personal. Pressing Insert resets the script and spawns the zentorno. Happens usually (but not always) when changing characters or starting the game for the first time.

Prof_Farnsworth

The new cars dont show up. So i can still see the tailgater as michael's personal. Pressing Insert resets the script and spawns the zentorno. Happens usually (but not always) when changing characters or starting the game for the first time.

Probably need some kind of load check. I am looking for the same thing, as even waiting for 60 sec before marking vehicles doesn't work for my Grand Theft Auto mod. If you find anything, I'd love to know.

Probably need some kind of load check. I am looking for the same thing, as even waiting for 60 sec before marking vehicles doesn't work for my Grand Theft Auto mod. If you find anything, I'd love to know.

Yeah, unfortunately haven't found anything to combat this atm, I will keep trying though. Would you mind looking at the ScriptHookDotNet.log file in your GTA5 directory and seeing if any errors are coming up around that time?

Also, update time!

0.3 is now out (temporary link: http://expirebox.com/download/f6bb5790b7404fb302430011fad9e133.html)

Info is in first post (including new notes).

†Tyranick†™

Where is the config file dude to change the hotkeys? Is it generated somewhere?

Where is the config file dude to change the hotkeys? Is it generated somewhere?

Yeah, auto generates into the GTA5 folder. Should have said that somewhere, sorry :p

V0.4 released!

(temp download link: http://expirebox.com/download/e75c94e21f3bebf020e3d585425b2b65.html )

Changelog:
- Reduced crash rate
- Added support for:
-- Pearlescent paint
-- Rim color
-- Turbo
-- Xenon headlights

Edited by Driftall

†Tyranick†™

V0.4 released!

(temp download link: http://expirebox.com/download/e75c94e21f3bebf020e3d585425b2b65.html)

Changelog:

- Reduced crash rate

- Added support for:

-- Pearlescent paint

-- Rim color

-- Turbo

-- Xenon headlights

Sounds great but broken download lol, also, found the config file, lolz xD.

Sounds great but broken download lol, also, found the config file, lolz xD.

Ah thanks for letting me know, fixed now, bloody brackets! Good :p