2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What's the purpose of suppressor?

The First Hunter

The First Hunter

So i want to know what's the purpose of suppressor beside DM's?

I just lowers the damage and range!

But when you equip suppressor on the AP pistol it somehow decreases the recoil!

So what do you think about suppressor? Should i remove suppressors from my weapons or not?

Quinn_flower

useful for humane heist

Leave one suppressed weapon, preferably an assault rifle, and remove from all the others. It makes no sense to keep the silencer on all your guns. People just want to have all the upgrades but the silencer is really a situational thing. Plus it makes the guns sound crappy.

• Like 1

SkynetOnlineID

It's for killing players without alerting cops. Doesn't really work however if a NPC sees you. I only have one suppressed weapon weapon in each category for the stealth heist set ups.

Edited by SkynetOnlineID

obsidian_eclipse

You can unleash clips of ammo with a suppressed weapon down an alleyway without police being alerted. It's a shame that if you shoot an npc, even if no one sees you get a wanted rating though. I don't know how they call the cops when they're dead.

• Like 6

If you play a lot of DMs just have specific weapons suppressed, like one AR and one shotgun

The First Hunter

Do you recommend suppressor in the sniper rifle?

Cuz it's the only sniper that can have suppressor! (I don't count Marksman rifle as a sniper rifle!)

Edited by U.N.K.N.O.W.N

In the game:

-to make your shotgun sound like a cat puking

-to not have your dot show up on a deathmatch because of shooting

-to lower attention from NPCs (only in stealth missions because they instantly know where you are otherwise)

• Like 3

Chloroform

Leave the suppressor on all the guns. People are lead to believe it f*cks with the damage in the game as well as the range. I haven't noticed a thing.

Leave the suppressor on all the guns. People are lead to believe it f*cks with the damage in the game as well as the range. I haven't noticed a thing.

Same here. I used to use the assault shotty without a suppressor however now that ive put it on, I don't even notice the difference in terms of dmg and range. I think people look at the stats and instantly believe everything they tell you

Edited by Dukestboy
  • Like 3

bruvs-mcfc

Even when I have a suppressor on a weapon I still seem to glow in deathmatches ,

They allow you to keep off the radar in a deathmatch, but outside that they are pretty much just for cosmetic effect it seems. Shoot an NPC or other player in free mode and still get a wanted level.

Chloroform

Same here. I used to use the assault shotty without a suppressor however now that ive put it on, I don't even notice the difference in terms of dmg and range. I think people look at the stats and instantly believe everything they tell you

I don't believe any of the stats in gta. If I did we'd be going 250mph and not 120mph :p I know we can't because of rendering etc.

The suppressor absolutely makes a difference on the special carabine. You can tell on the pacific heist finale where you get a silencer, the weapon certainly has less damage and range (I carry another unsuppressed AR just because of this heist). Perhaps other weapons are not as affected.

keep the suppressor on, it doesn't affect usability except that it only add a bit more recoil.

Plus you feel like a bad ass when you head-shot another player with a pistol, like a ninja.

They lower your alert range. You don't actually alert enemies when shooting with one unless your bullet hits near them or they see another body or see you. So they are useful. The way missions are setup and stuff they aren't really all that useful for those though.

Datguy8925

I don't think suppressors actually reduce range and damage, as one thread did an inquiry and lots of testing on. Stats lie this time again.

Personally I don't prefer them, I like the loud bang of the gun instead. I only keep them on a few guns for specific missions or if the heist requires it.

Edited by Datguy8925

Mike324467

To roll in like some desert storm niggas

• Like 3

useful for humane heist

...as the only purpose.

I don't think suppressors actually reduce range and damage, as one thread did an inquiry and lots of testing on. Stats lie this time again.

Link thread or stop bullsh!ting please.

Sky_Light12

minimize recoil , suppress muzzle flash & deafen firing sound . best installed on carbine rifle ( befitting rifle's accuracy ) , weakest pistol , standard sniper rifle ( heavy sniper cannot be silenced ) & standard pump shotgun ( minimize spread for better chance land a hit on the head )

Mattoropael

The biggest "feature" of suppressors is to make your gun sound like rubbish, especially on the full-auto ones.

I whip out my Combat MG on Pacific Standard because my beloved Special Carbine gets butchered by the abomination known as a suppressor.

It was in a thread called "weapons information by game files" or something close to that, posted by funmw2

I believe they figured out that it only reduces damage on sniper rifles.

It was in a thread called "weapons information by game files" or something close to that, posted by funmw2

I believe they figured out that it only reduces damage on sniper rifles.

Is this it?

http://gtaforums.com/topic/681401-weapons-information-by-game-files/

edit: also found this: http://gtaforums.com/topic/784165-wip-the-combat-statistics-of-gtavo/ I thread both threads, but nobody can agree on anything. As for my own ingame tests, there is a -damage when using a suppressor.

Edited by DerpCat

tsouryavong13

I know silencers are meant to be used in some heists and missions, but I never like them. I always take them off because I like hearing the actual noise the guns make.

KornbreadMaf1a

Link thread or stop bullsh!ting please.Why's it bullsh*t? If they coded the guns in the game to be as realistic as possible then a suppressor shouldn't effect damage or range because in the real world they don't.

LogScottWood

Why's it bullsh*t? If they coded the guns in the game to be as realistic as possible then a suppressor shouldn't effect damage or range because in the real world they don't.

Nor do they actually lessen the sound of a shot by much at all. It's not like in the films where a silenced pistol cannot be heard in the next room. We're still talking about gunpowder here and the propulsion of a bullet. It really doesn't make it that much quieter.

Hope this helps,

Log

I only keep one on my AP and the mid level sniper. It does reduce the chance of police action in FR but really, you can't count on it so screw it. If there is the slightest chance it could affect accuracy, range or damage, toss it.

Chloroform

I guess people never heard of subsonic ammo huh? Suppressors are only affective with subsonic ammo.