2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

bad sport and insurence, are they even needed?

The Lone Wanderer

bad sport and insurence  

73 members have voted

1. 1. your opinion of bad sport?

• perfect as is
    • should be removed for pv destruction
    • should be removed for mission leaving
    • should be completely overhauled, please explain
    • removed for mission leaving and destroying cars
  2. 2. your opinion of insurence?

• fine as is
    • removed completely, no charge ever
    • removed in missions, kept in freeroam
    • owner always pays current ammounts
    • owner always pays set amount irrelevant of car
    • other, please state
  3. 3. are you a hydra griefer (or laser)?

• yes
    • no

The Lone Wanderer

bad sport helps stop some griefers (especially jets) but actually helps others (reverse entity, kuruma) and can be abused, the same is true of insurance.

if bad sport was simply removed for everyone except modders, imo the game would be improved.

insurance should always come from the owners pocket in freeroam to discourage pv use in combat but there would be no charge in heists and missions for anyone.

also, why is it bad to blow up a supercar but not a lvl 2 in a asterope, or a player on foot, or a guy in a mule, or a dodo etc? because ITS BROKEN and bad sport seems especially useless on new gen with passive mode 2.

and no im not in bs for a year, im a clean player mostly in invite only with friends and in jobs.

JaegerPilot1

God, another one of these damn threads.

And if all you can do to armored Kurumas and Insurgents is blow them up then you have a whole lotta sh*t to learn.

• Like 5

TheKingChivas

lol at the options for owner always paying

lol in general...hasn't this been done to death already?

The Lone Wanderer

never seen a pole for it

TheKingChivas

never seen a pole for it

And there's probably a reason for that...no offense.

I'll let someone else take a swing at the softball.

• Like 1

ThiagoBass

Well, Bad sports looby is needed. But, you go to them because you destroy some pv's dont make sense.

• Like 1

never seen a pole for itIt's still the same bullsh*t POLL or not. Some butthurt jerk who can't kill anything without the Michael Bey treatment.
  • Like 2

The Lone Wanderer

I don't understand how people think being punished for winning a fight in the only way possible is balanced

I go passive against them but shouldn't have to and why give us RPGs that we can't use

Edited by The Lone Wanderer
  • Like 2

JaegerPilot1

I don't understand how people think being punished for winning a fight in the only way possible is balanced

I go passive against them but shouldn't have to and why give us RPGs that we can't use

That is the point you are somehow not getting, you do not need rpg's to kill them.

• Like 1

You aren't getting punished for winning a fight. Do you get punished for killing people? No. Get over that sh*t. Seriously. If the only way you can win is by blowing everything up then you suck.

• Like 4

The Lone Wanderer

That is the point you are somehow not getting, you do not need rpg's to kill them.if they stay at mid range with the ap the assault sg does not destroy them in time

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

yes

stupid broke grievers get even more broke, and all dipsh*t there exists in online is generaly in the bad sport lobby

seriously ive seen a lot of modders lately, but not the griever kind

not to mention the sessions seem more peacefull then ever

coud be me, but still....

what i sertainly noticed is there are a lot less wall breachers then lets say around februari

You aren't getting punished for winning a fight. Do you get punished for killing people? No. Get over that sh*t. Seriously. If the only way you can win is by blowing everything up then you suck.

Why is it a player should take the time to try and shoot someone through those little tiny slits in the armor, or knock a door off of the car, or get to some sniper spot and hope they spot them off in the distance, when it's infinitely faster to just blow them the f*ck up and move on with their day? RPGs and stickies are there for a reason, and yes you are punished for using them. You get points added against you that go toward the bad sport lobby when you destroy a PV. When last I checked, that fits the definition of punishment.

I could give you the same attitude... "some people can't get a kill without their little fortress on wheels, so I blow 'em the f*ck up, then they get all butt hurt that I owied their little toy. They need to get over that sh*t".

Get over yourself, dude.

• Like 2

im50CZq.gif
Mii44or.gif

This is going to be a shocker, but you aren't forced to fight. Insurance and everything else has been a thing since before armored vehicles, it's not changing and it shouldn't. If you don't want to bite the bullet then don't f*cking do it.

• Like 2

Yeah, you're right. We should just accept everything as is. People should never challenge a system, or revise conditions based on the introduction of new factors. This leads to the fall of greatest system.

I see light now, great comrade. Thanks to you!

im50CZq.gif
Mii44or.gif

Chloroform

Both should be removed. No clue why the physics are arcade like BUT we need a "realistic" insurance policy scam for a video game. More sh*t to suck us dry. Also bad sport was a stupid idea, it doesn't stop people from "bad sport" behavior. In fact its worse, it allows players to see how far they can push their bad sport behavior before they actually get into bad sport.

Edited by Chloroform
  • Like 2

Chloroform

Yeah, you're right. We should just accept everything as is. People should never challenge a system, or revise conditions based on the introduction of new factors. This leads to the fall of greatest system.

I see light now, great comrade. Thanks to you!

You can't talk to some people on this forum, they are too head strong and not in a good way neither. You make very great points in your post. Some people don't like it when you challenge anything. We should just accept things because they did, and that's wrong. I'm giving the round to you.

• Like 1

SaltyGTAFMember

Fine as it is, killed plenty of people without blowing them up.

• Like 1

You shouldn't get Bad Sport for blowing up someone else's car especially if someone is inside it. However the bs and insurance fee should be dropped on the Kuruma and any upcoming armoured vehicles except for the insurgent.

Solid Scorpion

never seen a pole for it
It's still the same bullsh*t POLL or not. Some butthurt jerk who can't kill anything without the Michael Bey treatment.

Made me lol

Iz funny cause is true!

Chloroform

You shouldn't get Bad Sport for blowing up someone else's car especially if someone is inside it. However the bs and insurance fee should be dropped on the Kuruma and any upcoming armoured vehicles except for the insurgent.

I still don't understand rock stars logic with that one. Lets give people an armed vehicle BUT it still cost to blow it up. And yes I drive my kuruma daily.

That's why insurance should be gone on all vehicles (no clue why we need insurance) let use make free claims.

• Like 3

Ziggy_Ivanhoe

I wonder what the point of not having insurance on PVs from Pegasus is. If I call my Dump Truck and someone blows it up, what is the difference between that, which I payed for, and that other garage storable PV, which I also payed for. There is no insurance for the Pegasus Insurgent but a 16k bill for the Pv one. It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. Considering the Pegasus vehicles only spawn in a few spots, it's a bigger pain in the ass to lose one of those than your PV which magically spawns in front of you. Anyway I'm of the opinion that they should just scratch both bad sport for blowing up pvs and the dumb insurance.

Edited by Kahkenbols

The Lone Wanderer

I wonder what the point of not having insurance on PVs from Pegasus is. If I call my Dump Truck and someone blows it up, what is the difference between that, which I payed for, and that other garage storable PV, which I also payed for. There is no insurance for the Pegasus Insurgent but a 16k bill for the Pv one. It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. Considering the Pegasus vehicles only spawn in a few spots, it's a bigger pain in the ass to lose one of those than your PV which magically spawns in front of you. Anyway I'm of the opinion that they should just scratch both bad sport for blowing up pvs and the dumb insurance.

it's a good point

unarmed Pegasus vehicles should have insurance if others do, there's no difference.

random cars off the street should be insured, after all, someone owns them.

damaging any building should also have a penalty

INSURENCE IS STUPID, it serves no purpose and makes no sense

and ffs don't mention realism

Edited by The Lone Wanderer
  • Like 2

I think what we really need here are spellchecker and the "search" function.

And absinthe.

• Like 2

I hate that I have to pay for cars that I blow up and for my car when someone else blows it up. I don't see how that works. :\

Does the insurance charge both parties?

• Like 1

This is the most reasonable thing I've seen said about changing insurance or bs points for vehicles. The best solution would be to have it see who is the aggressor and if you were defending yourself then you don't get punished but if you started it then you would but that is likely a pain in the ass to even attempt to come up with so who knows how possible that is.

CrysisAverted

one of my favorite times was when I could grief people in my Lazer and pay no insurance or have to deal with bad sport. With that said It serves its purpose...kinda.

The Lone Wanderer

This is the most reasonable thing I've seen said about changing insurance or bs points for vehicles. The best solution would be to have it see who is the aggressor and if you were defending yourself then you don't get punished but if you started it then you would but that is likely a pain in the ass to even attempt to come up with so who knows how possible that is.they tried that with the tank as people rammed it to get the driver bs, the result was tanks and jets never paying insurance.