3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Positive heist encounters with randoms

Sentinel Driver

Sentinel Driver

Everyone seems to complain that randoms suck and I agree on that but sometimes randoms can surprise you in a positive way! Has this ever happened to you? I'll tell you one of my positive encounters

I just opened GTA Online and get invited to Series A finale. I join and host gives 25% to everyone. Heist is on normal difficulty and we completed it smooth as silk. I was gunner on Karin Technical and my driver died once but other than that minor screw up everything went fine! So tell me your positive heist encounters with randoms.

paperbagdude

One time I ended up in a Pacific Standard Finale. They let me in and the heist could begin.

What really made this whole experience good, is that they actually knew what to do. They were like professionals and they all truly had experience with this particular heist. They also took the time to direct me when I might have ended up confused, since it was my first time.

JohnXina - Discord Emojispacer.pngJohnXina - Discord Emoji

sometmes there are some really helpful randoms out there.

it's just hard to find them as the most are really bad.

once our heist crew of 3 had a random who we did the hydra-emp-setup and mastered it on the first try without anybody dying and that was our very first time for that setup!

even low level randoms can be helpful sometimes if they listen to the orders/instructions or just observe the behaviour of the crew and adapt/adjust to it.

but unfortunately most randoms try to impress the others by playing rambo.

Edited by size_m

Verstappen

I got an invite for the Prison Break finale, not my favorite Heist but I didn't have anything else to do really. Host set payments to 25% each (I guess for the achievement or something) and did it in one go. I remember I was surprised the payment was so bad when it finished. xD

I've had loads, Tbh far more good encounters than bad. The odd moron but it's become part of the furniture in this game

Ezekeil2Ofive17

I like to think of myself as a good random, I offer help, share my methods and often refuse 25% cuts

I agree that the negative encounters are far outweighed by the positive

Drill Sergeant

I got to do a few heist with randoms; then they killed me a soon as we got into freeroam

There are tons of negative encounters, such as the rambo player's, to the bad player that tries to instruct or direct people, whilst complaining the whole time and being the one to die. But every once in a while you'll join the intelligent group of guys that will work great together. Those rare times are great to encounter.

• Like 2

Joined a randoms Prison Break finale. Decently high levels so I felt positive about our chances. Our host was reluctant to give everyone 20% but did in the end.

Start the heist, i'm demo so I head to steal the bus. By the time I get into the air with the Buzzard I notice the pilot is flying behind the jet already so go I help with the prison instead. It got a little hectic when the Velum tried to pick up the prison team but everyone makes it out all the same. No infinite cops glitch, everyone parachutes safely and I fly them back to the city.

First time I've ever had no problems/restarts on this heist with randoms and no one was using mics. We were still 3 minutes off the elite challenge but passed all the other factors. WITH RANDOMS!!

Verstappen

I've had loads, Tbh far more good encounters than bad. The odd moron but it's become part of the furniture in this game

You mean main Heist or Setups? Most setups seem to go way smoother than main Heists.

• Like 1

Señor_Fisto

The first day heists came out were magical. I was on an early shift sleeping schedule at the time so I was up at the crack of dawn eating breakfast while it downloaded.

Everyone had mics. People from all over the world too. Every lobby was like a hastily thrown together discount racially diverse superhero team with massive language barriers everywhere. But we all wanted the same thing and we made it work.

I ran with the same fully mic'd up crew for fleeca and prison break one right after another and it was great learning how much we needed to rely on teamwork to get sh*t done (before everyone had armored kurumas and utility vests on) and we'd work as a team. At one point our pilot in the stealing a plane for prison break setup had trouble getting off the runway so I had to flare up an alternate escape route for him to take. Without the kuruma or vests the plane mission was always balls to the wall hectic and by the grit of your teeth. Now I just hop in the back in one of how ever many kurumas happen to be in that heist mission at the time and accept that this is what heists are now

RmpTebow15

Not too long ago I was playing with a crew of 3 doing the prison break heist. From setup plane all the way to the end. We mastered it all on hard through every setup and the heist without dying once, I now have them all on my friends list and we've completed the humane labs raid together and pacific standard. Once in awhile you'll find a good crew of randoms.

Plethorius

Joined a random to do the Fleeca heist just because (whole thing, not just finale)... I know it isn't complicated but we went through it quickly and smoothly, easy cash. I decided to then start it up with me as the leader because I'd never led one before, and sent the invite out public. The same guy immediately joined up, we switched roles and breezed through it again.

Verstappen

Had that ones too, was nice. :)

You mean main Heist or Setups? Most setups seem to go way smoother than main Heists.

Both, I did a Prison break finale with randoms the other day (hit join any, got a final, result!) was highest level there so put as prisoner, Makes sense as Lola has the most health so can make up for only having a pistol till she picked up some guards guns.

Mattoropael

A week or so ago I jumped into a Pac Standard finale out of boredom, and to my surprise they were able to follow my lead and get into my Kuruma with no unwanted fanfare - no The Lost MC 2.0 wannabes at all.

It wasn't a perfect 1.25 mil run and I don't remember the exact figure, but let's just say it was really good for a random Pac Standard room.

DaltonWilliams123

I am always trying to join most heist invites (whether they be set ups or finales, I don't care). I kinda work like a mercenary in GTA:O and I always take my Insurgent to set-ups like Plane for prison break and Valkyrie as it is mostly bulletproof and also can survive a few explosions. Normally people get in their own cars and race to the place leaving me trundling up later with the job of bullying the enemy vehicles around to keep the others alive. Today people ctually had sense to get in the Insurgent for Valkyrie and we just drove through the base, killed about 10 people and flew away in the heli. I wish other randoms would have the sense to do this if I get put into their set up.

EyelessJack32

Haven't had that happen yet. Every time I play with randoms, 3 out of 4 of us are good and that last player either sucks, keeps dying somehow, or is a complete troll. It's a huge waste of my time and I don't bother playing heists with randoms anymore. I have to wait for friends to get on. I end up spending an hour searching and playing with people only to realize I made no money due to restarting and failing so many times.

Once you've played with 3 competent friends in Party chat, you'll never play with a randumb again.

I understand the draw, some of you are just so desperate to play heists that you'll put up with the trolls.

The only mission I play with randumbs is Landing Gear and only because Im just as desperate and I will put up with the trolls

even though its a fail 3 out of 4 times

Was 'on call' and was thrown into the PS finale. And the lobby was with three low levels (all below 50), without mics of'course.. So I thought, let's see if we'll get to the bikes, and take it from there. They made me the hacker. And just as the hack was done, msg popped on the phone: Pls hold all cash

On the way through the alley they were extremely effective, and we made it to the bikes. And my first thought was: Here we go ;-) Now the dying begins..

But no, they let me take the lead, and stuck to me like magnets on my offroad route across open grounds, onto the train tracks, and off road the rest of the way. NOT ONE OF THEM CRASHED, AT ALL. I was so f*cking amazed that I crashed 'cause I had to look backwards to see if I was actually dreaming. It looked like 4 pearls on a string riding the train tracks. All we lost was about 20G cause of my rear view mirror stunt..

WdMeaun_2nd

I've had more positive encounters than negative ones.

Although I lost my motivation to continue hosting heists after the last mission. Not a big fan of exploiting mods in GTA Online. (I hope that player is banned, but probably not)

Red Lynx 23

I make sure to go passive and wait for invites if I'm planning to do heists. Trolls and unintentional screw-ups are marginal compared to the players who want to complete setups and finales. Then back in free roam I'll still be passive and not worry about being cheapshotted. Plus I helped complete a Pacific Standard finale last night, and still in passive, spawned outside Lester's factory in free roam all alone...except for some LSPD, Noose, and an online player who was fighting them.

Not random encounters but the people I've added off here or who have added me, don't know all their usernames or remember their whole psn name but

Preciouswall

Carlax

Th3agent

Theslayer

A few others I forget are the best players I've played with. Don't recall any of them dying in any set up.

Edited by Lay

Yes,Random people in heists are such a gamble,You don't know them,Usually they never have a mic, So communicating is a pain,And 60% they leave the heist prematurely.

But.

Tonight,I was doing the Humane Labs for my Mom,Because she REALLY wanted the Insurgent, So I finally got people together to do it,They all had mics thankfully,but there was this girl,Who was super agressive,which turned me off immediately, And then there was a kid,probably like 14,So I didn't have high hopes for the finale but I was like "Whatevs" so we started anywho, The kid was the pilot, And I was the gunner,HE WAS SO GREAT.Like he did awesome. Had zero issues taking down Merryweather, The girl who I didn't like at first,Was actually super nice,And funny. Everyone talked the whole time and surprisingly the heist was a breeze.

So that was surprisingly refreshing. I've made some great friends off GTAO. And they were all randoms at one point. ∩__∩

Edited by Zombichh

LettuceJoint

Yes,Random people in heists are such a gamble,You don't know them,Usually they never have a mic, So communicating is a pain,And 60% they leave the heist prematurely.

But.

Tonight,I was doing the Humane Labs for my Mom,Because she REALLY wanted the Insurgent, So I finally got people together to do it,They all had mics thankfully,but there was this girl,Who was super agressive,which turned me off immediately, And then there was a kid,probably like 14,So I didn't have high hopes for the finale but I was like "Whatevs" so we started anywho, The kid was the pilot, And I was the gunner,HE WAS SO GREAT.Like he did awesome. Had zero issues taking down Merryweather, The girl who I didn't like at first,Was actually super nice,And funny. Everyone talked the whole time and surprisingly the heist was a breeze.

So that was surprisingly refreshing. I've made some great friends off GTAO. And they were all randoms at one point. ∩__∩

Your mom plays GTA? That's badass.

markyhitch

I'd love folk to help me unlock the Valkyrie. Looks amazing!

I stupidly bought a Besra the other day. Apart from outmanoeuvring jets it's useless.

• 3 months later...

Oh hey there is a thread on this.

A few completions really surprised me.

Me and friend went to PB finale and in the lobby was a lv 70 and a Lv 17. Passed first try with no hiccups.

Pac Std got invited to finale, did it, passed first try with no heavy vest.

Pac Std again, all went in one cop car, mission passed with minimal BS.

Got lucky as all hell today, needed 3 for pac standard, ended up with 3 solid players and $1,196,000 by taking the one dudes kuruma. No quick restarts, only lost 54k, and not a single one of us had a mic.

The one dude left me carry all the dough. First I've tried this finale in over two weeks. For a week straight I couldn't get over 800k or not quick restart 5 times, which by then someone would end up leaving... Today I figured I'd take a crack at it and I couldn't believe it. Was a nice change of everything I'm used to in heists with not having a crew to do them with n all

Edited by JoshD4PreZ
  • Like 1

action_pumper

I watched a horrible random parachute into the mountainside heading for the dinghy in Pac Stan finale. I was horrified because it was me.

Random Heist invites are luck of the draw, the good ones make up for the time wasted and everyone has off days. High levels are no guarantee of success and some quality players upgrading from ps3 have started over new accounts on ps4.

Mic can make all the difference. The players I hate keep deliberately killing hostages.

• Like 2