4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[V|REL] Lights and Sirens Scripts (LSS)

SNIT01

RJ7mZ9B.jpg

Lights and Sirens Script v1.2 by SNIT

This is very much still a develpment and there are still bugs and issues.

This is only designed as temperary solution until ELS or a better mod becomes available.

Please comment or PM me any issues or suggestions you have.

This script requires 'ScripthookV' by Alex Blade

Download ScripthookV here http://www.dev-c.com/gtav/scripthookv/

ini support added as of v1.2
fix an issue where LSS would take a long time to load
more features to come...

Lights & Sirens Key J (Default)

Siren Burst Key K (Default)

Both the above keys are changeable in the ini

snt.png

DOWNLOAD

I'm not sure why the link was removed, but it's back up now.

Edited by SNIT01

pastebin of the code?

I'm unwilling to do that, but it is secure if that's what your asking haha.

pastebin of the code?

oki.

I just found an issue where it wasn't starting (accidentally uploaded an old version), if you've already downloaded it re-downed it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by SNIT01

I just found an issue where it wasn't starting (accidentally uploaded an old version), if you've already downloaded it re-downed it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

okay m69 thanks for the warning

The "burst siren" function doesn't seem to work while the lights or lights and siren are on. I understand if this is a technical limitation, just letting you know ;) thanks for the mod! I couldn't figure this out on my own. :D

The "burst siren" function doesn't seem to work while the lights or lights and siren are on. I understand if this is a technical limitation, just letting you know ;) thanks for the mod! I couldn't figure this out on my own. :D

It's a technical limit, that said I'm still trying to find a way around it.

like I said I couldn't figure this out on my own, and that wasn't for lack of trying :p

Nice stuff ! can you make a ini file for choose other key for keyboards please because all press key are all ready using :blink:

Nice stuff ! can you make a ini file for choose other key for keyboards please because all press key are all ready using :blink:

Perhaps in the future, but there are some other issues that take precedence.

level232323

Very cool for roleplay, it's much better rolling down the highway with no sound and only sirens on. It's a good step forward :D

For who wants to see the mod here it is:

Can somebody confirm mod's clean and no surprises inside like Fade.exe and that kind of stuff? I would love to see source code or mod uploaded on www.gta5-mods.com where staff crew can test it out and confirm it's safe

Can somebody confirm mod's clean and no surprises inside like Fade.exe and that kind of stuff? I would love to see source code or mod uploaded on www.gta5-mods.com where staff crew can test it out and confirm it's safe

All works fine dude ! no problem for me !

maybe is wrong topic,

but could be possible to give the race cars headlights

to a specific car (kuruma e.g.)?

For anyone wondering, this mod uses SET_VEHICLE_SIREN & DISABLE_VEHICLE_IMPACT_EXPLOSION_ACTIVATION.

Not sure for what the second one is used, but both are triggered on/off repeatedly (wait 0ms).

It's clean, I've had this account for a while and don't intend on getting banned, I'm also not new to creating mods.

maybe is wrong topic,

but could be possible to give the race cars headlights

to a specific car (kuruma e.g.)?

This mod is for emergency vehicles.

pastebin of the code?

Why so? Opening up your mods will help community, don't be greedy.

diamond-optic

For anyone wondering, this mod uses SET_VEHICLE_SIREN & DISABLE_VEHICLE_IMPACT_EXPLOSION_ACTIVATION.

Not sure for what the second one is used, but both are triggered on/off repeatedly (wait 0ms).

ive seen them called in the game scripts together.. the DISABLE_VEHICLE_IMPACT_EXPLOSION_ACTIVATION is what actually seems to control the siren

great work on this though.. knew someone would finally figure out how to do this

Edited by diamond-optic

pastebin of the code?

Why so? Opening up your mods will help community, don't be greedy.

I'm sorry for wanting to take owner ship of my own work. There are a few reason why I wouldn't make this open source 1) People who don't know what they're doing could easily break it, cause bugs or add malicious code 2) Forks, people going off and creating they're own variation (We've seen this with blades trainer, most forks are bad) 3) people integrating the code into other mods, this is designed as a stand-alone which will work with most police, ems and fire mod regardless of the brand, I don't want to sour that.

PhillBellic

SNIT01, thank you for this. this is a great Script Mod. :):^:

+1 for Freakyy. You should do it more times.

@Topic

This is not the proper method of doing that, but works.

@Topic

The best way would be to mute the sound or otherwise cut the audio, but for lack of time and a better option that's the way it is (no native exists for turning the siren audio off). It's definitely not the solution I wanted which is why as stated above "This is only designed as temporary solution until ELS or a better mod becomes available.", when I get time I plan on looking for a better way of killing the sounds and making some other improvements.

PhillBellic

@Topic

The best way would be to mute the sound or otherwise cut the audio, but for lack of time and a better option that's the way it is (no native exists for turning the siren audio off). It's definitely not the solution I wanted which is why as stated above "This is only designed as temporary solution until ELS or a better mod becomes available.", when I get time I plan on looking for a better way of killing the sounds and making some other improvements.

How do you think ELS would work in this game?

@Topic

Hard to tell, until we can work out how the existing (integrated) system works I don't think there'll be much movement. Caine might be able to harness the existing system but I'm not sure, we may very well end up just using extras like in IV.

PhillBellic

@Topic

Hard to tell, until we can work out how the existing (integrated) system works I don't think there'll be much movement. Caine might be able to harness the existing system but I'm not sure, we may very well end up just using extras like in IV.

I have had a thought, What if the game is already using an 'extras' system?

@Topic

It isn't, if you look in openiv the emissive texture doesn't even show.

PhillBellic

@Topic

It isn't, if you look in openiv the emissive texture doesn't even show.

I didn't know that. Please note that I do not have the game yet, so I am merely speculating at the moment. :)