2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

spaceeinstein

[PC] Pilot Ranking

spaceeinstein

Can someone help verify that this pilot ranking list is correct on the PC version? The list posted by Spuds725 for the PS2 does not seem to match the rankings on the PC version. The ranking is still glitched but in a different way. This is the list I have recorded from my tests:

0:05 Flyboy0:10 Aircraftman0:20 Pilot Officer0:30 Ace1:00 Lieutenant1:30 Ace2:00 Captain2:30 Ace3:00 Wedge3:30 Ace4:00 Maverick4:02 Ace5:00 Maverick5:02 Ace6:00 Maverick6:02 Ace...Alternates between Maverick and Ace...50:00 Ace...Remains Ace for as long as I can test
Note: Here, the numbers represent the "flight hours" in hours and minutes. When that time is reached, the pilot ranking updates to the corresponding text. Edited by spaceeinstein

Seemann

Can someone help verify that this pilot ranking list is correct on the PC version? The list posted by Spuds725 for the PS2 does not seem to match the rankings on the PC version. The ranking is still glitched but in a different way. This is the list I have recorded from my tests:

0:05 Flyboy0:10 Aircraftman0:20 Pilot Officer0:30 Ace1:00 Lieutenant1:30 Ace2:00 Captain2:30 Ace3:00 Wedge3:30 Ace4:00 Maverick4:02 Ace5:00 Maverick5:02 Ace6:00 Maverick6:02 Ace...Alternates between Maverick and Ace...50:00 Ace...Remains Ace for as long as I can test
Note: Here, the numbers represent the "flight hours" in hours and minutes. When that time is reached, the pilot ranking updates to the corresponding text.

Confirm these values for PC version. The Pilot Ranking check code is totally wrong. One should write a patch to fix it.

Silent

Confirm these values for PC version. The Pilot Ranking check code is totally wrong. One should write a patch to fix it.

What's Pilot Ranking, for starters? :evilgrin:

OK missed that. How is it wrong, then?

Edited by Silent

spaceeinstein

Based on my interpretation (at around 0x4CCDFE), this is what the pilot ranking should be:

0:05 ST_PR01 Flyboy0:10 ST_PR02 Aircraftman0:20 ST_PR03 Pilot Officer0:30 ST_PR04 Corporal1:00 ST_PR05 Lieutenant1:30 ST_PR06 Sergeant2:00 ST_PR07 Captain2:30 ST_PR08 Biggs3:00 ST_PR09 Wedge3:30 ST_PR10 Red Baron4:00 ST_PR11 Goose5:00 ST_PR12 Viper10:00 ST_PR13 Jester20:00 ST_PR14 Chappy25:00 ST_PR15 Iceman30:00 ST_PR16 Maverick49:02 ST_PR17 Noops50:00 ST_PR18 Air Chief Marshal100:00 ST_PR19 Ace
Fun fact: Noops was an actual GTA player who flew the Dodo in GTA III for 49.02 hours, the longest on record at the time. Edited by spaceeinstein

PhillBellic

Based on my interpretation (at around 0x4CCDFE), this is what the pilot ranking should be:

0:05 ST_PR01 Flyboy0:10 ST_PR02 Aircraftman0:20 ST_PR03 Pilot Officer0:30 ST_PR04 Corporal1:00 ST_PR05 Lieutenant1:30 ST_PR06 Sergeant2:00 ST_PR07 Captain2:30 ST_PR08 Biggs3:00 ST_PR09 Wedge3:30 ST_PR10 Red Baron4:00 ST_PR11 Goose5:00 ST_PR12 Viper10:00 ST_PR13 Jester20:00 ST_PR14 Chappy25:00 ST_PR15 Iceman30:00 ST_PR16 Maverick49:02 ST_PR17 Noops50:00 ST_PR18 Air Chief Marshal100:00 ST_PR19 Ace

Fun fact: Noops was an actual GTA player who flew the Dodo in GTA III for 49.02 hours, the longest on record at the time.

For real? I couldn't even get more than ten seconds in that thing. :)

Silent

That code seems odd indeed. Guess it's a thing I could take a look into sometime.

lol232

49:02 ST_PR17 Noops
Fun fact: Noops was an actual GTA player who flew the Dodo in GTA III for 49.02 hours, the longest on record at the time.

A bit off-topic, but more about Andrew Noops here:

http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13100

captureD115.jpg

I'm pretty sure that nobody managed to beat his record so far.

But honestly - challenge accepted! ...Eh, I really hope I do it one day.

Edited by lol232

Spuds725

Note that I "lifted" and credited that list from this page-- I do not know who came up with it--- http://www.gtavice.com/criminalratings/

I did note the Ace Bug on the PS2 version in the above linked to post-- http://gtaforums.com/topic/154188-guides-and-walkthroughs/?p=3412534

On PS2, there is a glitch with your flight time rankings... for whatever reason, the 2nd 1/2 hour of all the times will give you the "ace" ranking

But was under the impression it was for the second 30 minutes of each hour....

I do recall the discussion of this back in the day but I don't think I ever got over an hour in my stats--- Mainly because the Sea Skimmer was not that fun to fly and they chose to not count hours in a helicopter as flight time for some reason--- I spent MANY MANY hours in the hunter as that was my preferred killing method when I was trying to boost my criminal ranking to God Father.

I will update my list if you like and credit you for this if you want--- I can include the intended and actual if you like-- I believe I can update the list on GTAVice.com also-- will have to check on that.

Another fun fact--- most of the "names" of the rankings are easily recognizable as pilots from Top Gun or Star Wars.... all except the one "Chappy"

Chappy is referring to the Character from the 80's thru 90s movie series Iron Eagle (I thru IV)-- Chappy Sinclair Played by Louis Gossett Jr

spaceeinstein

Yep, you can use my list. I searched around to see if I could find the origin of the incorrect list. The earliest list ever I can find was by AggroSk8er, an FAQ writer, posted on 2003-01-05. It's interesting to see that no one else produced a correct list for such a long time. I created this list because of a little project I was working on.

thehambone

My record is 15 minutes ;) I did that back when I was like 12 lol. Edited by thehambone

PhillBellic

My record is 15 minutes ;) I did that back when I was like 12 lol.

You have more patience than me, for sure. :)

gangster2332

My record is 15 minutes ;) I did that back when I was like 12 lol.

You have more patience than me, for sure. :)

my record is more than 1045 seconds :p

Spuds725

Yep, you can use my list. I searched around to see if I could find the origin of the incorrect list. The earliest list ever I can find was by AggroSk8er, an FAQ writer, posted on 2003-01-05. It's interesting to see that no one else produced a correct list for such a long time. I created this list because of a little project I was working on.

Thanks--

spaceeinstein

I figured out how to fix the pilot ranking stat glitch. If you have PC v1.0 US, you can download the patch at GTAGarage.