2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Just started a new character...

JokerSmokerToker

JokerSmokerToker

So ive done pretty much all there is to do on GTA:O, so ive decided to make a new character. I like how the money between the profiles is shared so i dont have to grind all the time on the new one, but whats got me stumped is why are the characters sharing vehicles? i bought an apartment straight away, and tried to buy a new car, but it said id have to replace something i already owned, all the cars in my garage are cars from my original character, same paints, same mods, but theyre my noobier cars, at least they have 100% armor and performance upgrades :p ive got my sultan rs so im not too upset.

Is there a way to get my better cars into the apartment i bought? I really want to use my coquette and feltzer, mainly because they have amazing paintjobs and sound awesome :p

Oh and the apartment i bought is not any one that i already own on my OG, nor have i previously owned it at an earlier date...

paperbagdude

It's not even supposed to be like that.

It's defintely a glitch. Enjoy it while you can.

JohnXina - Discord Emojispacer.pngJohnXina - Discord Emoji

NO! WAIT!

Don't replace any cars - it will probably replace your first characters' cars.

Edited by Filip454

Yeah, your main character's vehicles shouldn't be showing up in your second character's garage... not to give you a heart attack OP, but I'd go back on your main character and make sure all of that character's cars are still there. Both characters should both have separate cars and garages from one another.

I've heard of this happening before, though, so it's not like this is unheard of.

It´s probably a glitch.I made my second character months ago and each of my characters have their own vehicles.

CarimboHanky

its a glitch that happen from time to time...

used to be used as money glitch ages ago but R* patched.

now happen at random

JokerSmokerToker

Hmm i figured there was something not right about this, the only vehicles being shared atm though are my western bagger and the sultan, ive also got two random as hell cars, that damn surfer and the blista compact lol

what is this game coming to?

Sell the cars! Lol

8.5m says i dont need to sell them :lol:

• Like 1

TarnishedGamer

Lol, this was my favourite money glitch, duplicates all the cars in your garages but some cars duplicate slightly different such as random new paint jobs and wheels. After repeating it a few times the same cars would have those same changes.

Anyway make the most of it op, buy 2 more garages, it might duplicate them too.

I heard that R* patched performance upgrades so that they wouldn't work for characters that didn't have them unlocked - I believe it was to stop us modding cars up and giving them to lowbies (so we started modding cars for lowbies to just sell and R* put the kybosh on that, too).

OP, you have an opportunity to test this - if your toon is lower than rank 20, go put a bullet in your tire. If it pops, level locks are confirmed.

JokerSmokerToker

I heard that R* patched performance upgrades so that they wouldn't work for characters that didn't have them unlocked - I believe it was to stop us modding cars up and giving them to lowbies (so we started modding cars for lowbies to just sell and R* put the kybosh on that, too).

OP, you have an opportunity to test this - if your toon is lower than rank 20, go put a bullet in your tire. If it pops, level locks are confirmed.

I hear the turbo on my Sultan, and the flames shoot out of the exhaust, popping the tire was the first thing i tried, and it didnt pop lol

R* dun goofed.

I hear the turbo on my Sultan, and the flames shoot out of the exhaust, popping the tire was the first thing i tried, and it didnt pop lol

R* dun goofed.

Sweet. 😈

sell one check the other character if its still there you can sell them and profit. unless you want to keep them.

Keeping them would not be a bad idea to help you win race unlocks for your new character. Just saying.

The Lone Wanderer

I remember abusing this glitch for money.

is it back?

Wow you have done it all and now starting again???

f*ck that!!!

Edited by GR Choke

Wow you have done it all and now starting again???

f*ck that!!!

I can't imagine it either, why would you wait until level 407 to start over???

There's no advantage to ranking up past lvl 135, that's the time to start a new character.

The second character can catch up fast and if you rank them up together it soon makes no difference which one your playing (except you now have 6 garages and 6 apartments)

I have no reason to have another character, I wouldn't want to start again. Seeing those unlock notifications is something to work towards, if you're into that kind of thing.

My second character is a level 5 with 30 Adders and is only considered as my offshore account.

I am level 166 at the moment, and I have been thinking about starting a new character myself. I have 26 vehicles on my first character, upgraded, even though i am broke at the moment. Do the two share funds? Is the only difference the secondary character has to re unlock upgrades for cars/ re level up for weapons/ and has their own garages/apartments?