3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Sissy Moves

chef_archie

chef_archie

Recently I have been catching some flak for my play style in GTA:O. First, I'm a legit lvl 407 with over 54 days of total play time logged. On to the story..... So I will get texts or voice chat comments like "What a sissy move" or "Why don't you just (insert their play style here) and fight me?" Here are a few examples 1) Some A-hole will approach me in a Zentorno in reverse mind you and start shooting at me, so I will try to get around to their side or front and assault shotgun them or if that doesn't work, I will introduce and RPG to said Zentorno. I will then be verbally abused with comments on how I'm not a man for using that method. Example 2) someone will engage me in a fire fight, so I of course defend myself by shooting back. Which usually results in me utilizing combat rolls and head shots, They will then take to cover, and blind fire at me. I then use a grenade launcher or RPG to get them out of cover, again I am verbally abused about my combat method. Example 3) Random clown has taken cover behind an object that is not effected by explosives, I then get distance between us and wait for them to pop up and try to shoot me, I then install a moonroof into the top of said clowns head, with my heavy sniper, once again this guy thinks sniping is for sissies and makes sure the entire lobby and myself is informed on said matter. I really don't get it, there are plenty of times that I have been straight up out played, especially early on in my GTA career when I was learning the ropes. You either admit you have been beat and move on or change up your tactics to out smart them. At the end of the day you get good at this game by getting beat by a better player, not being fed kills or making excuses of why you lost, excluding horrendous lag of course.

I could go into a slew of other examples, but this has been long enough already and I'm sure you have your own you will inform me about.

Are these "Sissy Tactics" or are these new GTA players just getting worse and too reliant on Armored cars.

Sound like a one man army to me HELL YEAH BRUTHA!!!! =) I play to win and so do you.

The Unholy One

Or people who hate you using the easy way out after killing them. How is it fair that I put my heart and soul effort into killing you fairly for you to then spawn in and kill me on low health? They tell me to adapt to the situation instead of killing myself so I fire a rocket at their spawn. Any better now, dipsh*t?

Bitching and moaning done.

Coining a particular action (e.g. your usage of an RPG missile to stop a reversing bulletproof Zentorno from getting you killed) as "sissy", "cheap" or anything along those lines is prevalent in almost every game with some shreds of PvP elements and indicates a distinct misunderstanding of the respective game's underlying mechanics by the accuser, as everything that's possible within the game's boundaries (usage of third-party tools and exploits notwithstanding of course) is valid, no matter what. The game gives you a vast array of tools to cope with countless possible situations and using the right ones at the right times is what "playing to win" (read: survive) is all about -- there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but people who buy into this whole "cheapness" mentality want you to play by their "rules" (e.g. "no explosives" or "no sniping") instead, which makes no sense in the context of the game.

Ultimately, the best course of action is to ignore these people and continue playing with the tools the game gives you, as difficult and annoying as that might be. By merely calling others "bad" and "sissy" in order to "shift the blame" them, (salty) players are bound to never learn how to deal with certain situations and I'm pretty sure that the Zentorno guy from your example will probably keep getting blasted with rockets and stickies as long as he keeps that mindset of his.

• Like 3

Ezekeil2Ofive17

The only things I really have a problem with is people in passive mode acting as spotters, because that's misusing passive mode and not in the spirit of the game, yes you can do it but you really shouldn't and excessive camping because that's boring to play with and against

If people want to reverse up to me in their lambo I have a 40mm present for them!

I find it amusing now that I'm playing on PC, as you see all the banter that the OP mentions on screen. keeps me entertained for ages : ).

professor-brainiac

People are just jerks.. Everyone thinks they are the sh*t until someone schools them. Some can handle it and others complain. If someone gets angry it means you've done good. Good on you.

Nothing bad about your tactics. They are just crying cause they got killed.

Its called a "Chimp roll" it has nothing to do with combat.

Your not a sissy you're an Ape

• Like 3

SMFtwstdHICK

The sissy move is using a Zentorno in reverse in the first place. Along with that Kamura as well. But, they are part of the game, so, they should be used as seen fit.. And, players that are trying to not get killed obviously should use whatever means possible to kill the other player.. So, No, OP, I don't think your playing tactics are bad one bit..

Now , as far as passive mode? Should be removed completely.. That is by far the biggest sissy move pussy stupid ass part of life on GTA Online.

The Unholy One

good on ya the unholy one hahaha lmfao you sound just like son of lucifer

Well he is right.

DrunkGamer

The sissy move is using a Zentorno in reverse in the first place. Along with that Kamura as well. But, they are part of the game, so, they should be used as seen fit.. And, players that are trying to not get killed obviously should use whatever means possible to kill the other player.. So, No, OP, I don't think your playing tactics are bad one bit..

Now , as far as passive mode? Should be removed completely.. That is by far the biggest sissy move pussy stupid ass part of life on GTA Online.

I disagree with that opinion, passive mode is good for low level players and high level players, sure it can be abused like using it to follow someone around, taking it off then murdering the person while they weren't paying attention, but it's just meant to be used on occasion by people who just want do sh*t like buying clothes or guns or cruise in their cars with nobody trying to f*ck with them, I use it sometimes for that reason. But hey it's your opinion I can't do anything to change that.

Anytime you blow anything up that could have been handle differently.. It is annoying and cheap.

Fun pvp players are hard to find.

Sure.. reversing Zentorno.. Blowing that up is not cheap. Blowing up someone in a gun fight.. is lame.

But then again.. Most players love auto aim. So lame is the name of this game.

SMFtwstdHICK

They have private lobbies for that. The Passives can go all around the map , in peace..

Better than having some jack donkey right next to me doing hand gestures.. What is the point?

Abusing the auto aim feature is the worst. I know you can join non auto aim lobbies but have fun in a 6 person lobby lol.

Its funny, yet annoying when you are in a gun fight with someone camping in one spot with cover, and the high ground, that is talking a lot of mess because they kill you MAYBE two times. So then you drive off because this guy is surely a killing machine with an excessive amount of skill, and will positively chase you down and kill you with ease once again right? But wrong, they will yell their explicit gibberish through their mic for you to quit running and fight their version of a "fair" fight lol. I enjoy seeing that dot on the mini map stay planted without a person in sight, just waiting to unleash their killing power on their prey.

• Like 1

chef_archie

Abusing the auto aim feature is the worst. I know you can join non auto aim lobbies but have fun in a 6 person lobby lol.

Its funny, yet annoying when you are in a gun fight with someone camping in one spot with cover, and the high ground, that is talking a lot of mess because they kill you MAYBE two times. So then you drive off because this guy is surely a killing machine with an excessive amount of skill, and will positively chase you down and kill you with ease once again right? But wrong, they will yell their explicit gibberish through their mic for you to quit running and fight their version of a "fair" fight lol. I enjoy seeing that dot on the mini map stay planted without a person in sight, just waiting to unleash their killing power on their prey.

I've had a similar experience to this.... The player in question was on top of the mall near the LSC in the center of town. He would pick myself and other players off, while we were engaged in combat with other players. I told him that he is welcome to actually join in. He responded with " I'm using what's called a tactical advantage." Fair enough I thought, so I went a few blocks away and found a decent vantage point. I then called Lamar for the mugger and while he was at a "tactical DISADVANTAGE" I put a heavy sniper round in his head. I then let the angry lobby take care of the rest once he re-spawned on street level. Needless to say, he was unhappy with my approach on the matter, and after getting killed countless times, he goes into the famous passive mode, and proceeds to talk trash to everyone in the lobby on how he is the best and how he could kill any of us straight up.

The arrogance of some people is comical lol. They just cant face the facts at times.

I do whatever is necessary to stay alive. If I see a vehicle driving towards me, I will grenade it without hesitation. If I am in a vehicle myself, I will leave a trail of sticky bombs. Either way, if that tosser in the white Zentorno/chrome Adder/Fruit Salad-coloured armoured Kuruma is looking a frag off me, it's gonna hurt 'em. I can take the financial hit, the question is, can they take being blown up again?

• Like 1

Phantomspirit

It's a jungle out there,do whatever you have to win,or don't get involved in killing other players for no reason...

muddeprived

Recently I have been catching some flak for my play style in GTA:O. First, I'm a legit lvl 407 with over 54 days of total play time logged. On to the story..... So I will get texts or voice chat comments like "What a sissy move" or "Why don't you just (insert their play style here) and fight me?" Here are a few examples 1) Some A-hole will approach me in a Zentorno in reverse mind you and start shooting at me, so I will try to get around to their side or front and assault shotgun them or if that doesn't work, I will introduce and RPG to said Zentorno. I will then be verbally abused with comments on how I'm not a man for using that method. Example 2) someone will engage me in a fire fight, so I of course defend myself by shooting back. Which usually results in me utilizing combat rolls and head shots, They will then take to cover, and blind fire at me. I then use a grenade launcher or RPG to get them out of cover, again I am verbally abused about my combat method. Example 3) Random clown has taken cover behind an object that is not effected by explosives, I then get distance between us and wait for them to pop up and try to shoot me, I then install a moonroof into the top of said clowns head, with my heavy sniper, once again this guy thinks sniping is for sissies and makes sure the entire lobby and myself is informed on said matter. I really don't get it, there are plenty of times that I have been straight up out played, especially early on in my GTA career when I was learning the ropes. You either admit you have been beat and move on or change up your tactics to out smart them. At the end of the day you get good at this game by getting beat by a better player, not being fed kills or making excuses of why you lost, excluding horrendous lag of course.

I could go into a slew of other examples, but this has been long enough already and I'm sure you have your own you will inform me about.

Are these "Sissy Tactics" or are these new GTA players just getting worse and too reliant on Armored cars.

Funny how the other person uses a sissy move such as reverse-shooting in a Zentorno and then calls you a sissy for using a rocket on him. LOL

WdMeaun_2nd
A sissy move would be a move, which isn't strategically valid.

Someone reversing, in order to avoid any hits.. RPG sounds valid.

Someone in cover, explosives sound valid.

However.. I tend -not- the use the best weapon at all time.

When I have a little freemode fun with other players (not griefing, but still violent).. it often happens that I'll try to run the other one down (in a normal vehicles, using armored vehicles is a sissy move in my opinion).. 9/10 I'll get rpg-ed or minigunned, which are.. sissy moves.

There's not much to do instead of dying.. (eventho most players are really bad with RPG versus moving targets and I'll often die with their suicide)

I tend to leave the freemode struggle to fight/play with another player, because it's not real fun when players only use the most powerful weapon in their arsenal. (ie. the kind of player who only cares about winning).

There's so many fun ways of battling someone in a normal vehicle (who's not reversing or anything), that using a minigun is just lame.

I can also immediately blow someone up, camp with a heavy sniper or whatever.. but I prefer to play/fight with GTA's built-in chaos.

Last time I was battling with 2 guys.. who used an insurgent and such.. I probably died 2x as much.. but ended up using about 60-70k calling in requests and whatnot.

Sure.. not effective, but it was quite fun.

(The backup helicopter is actually quite useful)

GTA 5 Online is not a game, where you should go with the arcade-style 'efficiency' of, for example, Counter-strike.

Furry_Monkey

Do what you want and ignore any comments from other players. When someone complains about your choice of method of destruction, it means "WAAAAAHHHH WAAAAAHHHH WAAAAAHHHH" and it comes from people who don't know how to counteract your style of playing, just as you are doing with theirs. It's the death cry of someone being beaten but not being able to accept it.

markyhitch

I had fun the other day riding my slow scooter around the city and even though the grievers kept catching me up in their gay pimpmobiles, the scooter is so slow that I could easily pick them off with the sawn-off shotgun or swerve sharply to a stop, catch them trying to stop with a sticky bomb.

Try it, you might like it.

Red Lynx 23

I just had an idea. If someone were to leave passive mode, then the countdown timer on their screen should also appear over their character's head.

I do whatever is necessary to stay alive. If I see a vehicle driving towards me, I will grenade it without hesitation. If I am in a vehicle myself, I will leave a trail of sticky bombs. Either way, if that tosser in the white Zentorno/chrome Adder/Fruit Salad-coloured armoured Kuruma is looking a frag off me, it's gonna hurt 'em. I can take the financial hit, the question is, can they take being blown up again?

More like... can you afford to blow it up again?

You sound like a real 'fun' player...lmao.

Typical.. run of the mill... use any OP bullsh*t they can free roam monkey. Thanks for making free roam... BORING AS f*ck.

:catspider:

I just had an idea. If someone were to leave passive mode, then the countdown timer on their screen should also appear over their character's head.

I think they should just make it so the 10 second countdown leaves the player vulnerable. By making them be in non passive mode for the whole 10 seconds, while not letting the player pull out a weapon.

Edited by FRANCHIZE

Also adding to the topic I had a horrible run in with passive mode abusers. So the situation involved 2 players in 1 armored Akuma coming after me. I got a kill or two on them but that was very difficult. What they were doing is driving up to me with either smg's or sticky bombs, which is totally fine, until I pull out a homing launcher, aim, and ready to fire, only to witness the passenger triggering passive mode to avoid any damage. This continued to happen until I got a lucky kill and drove off. That is not what passive mode is meant for lol.

lol people complain about you using a rocket launcher when they're hiding in their shield car

Only thing I find as a major "sissy move" is using an armoured karuma in general. Its not a problem for me personally since I find it relatively easy to kill people through the split in the windows, but I still find the vehicle rather cowardly.

Or just refusing to fight on foot in general.

Edited by emcitement

EyelessJack32

My main issue is when people resort to ganging up on me to kill me. These two guys yesterday kept trying to kill me because I killed one of their friends for shooting at me and I spent an hour going back and forth with these two kids. One of them would try to distract me while the other one hid like a bitch and tried sniping me. In the end we were both tied in kills toward each other. I think that's just silly.