3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GamesBoy316

Tenpenny Appreciation Thread

GamesBoy316

We all know he's on CJ's ass throughout the game, so I thought it would be nice to have a thread about him too. He's a funny antagonist that gets on people's nerves. Even though he's an antagonist, he's fun to have around.

500px-FrankTenpenny-GTASA.jpg

Edited by GamesBoy316

Osho

Looking back on IV section that seem to pop up threads concerning so much of appreciation about the game, these are actually turning into being more annoying for those who visit the section ...in my opinion.

So, I think this can be discussed pretty much in other existing threads that discuss about the game as a whole. No need for individual appreciation threads. Maybe one about CJ is enough, but no more.

For the topic, Tenpenny is probably one of the characters that you loved as a character along side the main protagonist. Very few games manage to present such a strong antagonist that it becomes as much ( and maybe even more ) popular as the leading character you play.

So yeah, he is definitely one of the most awesome creations from Rockstar!

Edited by Osho

gangster2332

no

Big_Smiley

He's a complete pain in the ass along with his douche partner Polaski. Then again R* has made a grate antagonist with a grate voice actor samel L. Jackson.

Lethal Vaccine

IV section that seem to pop up threads concerning so much of appreciation about the game, these are actually turning into being more annoying for those who visit the section.

...Tell me about it. An entire front page of appreciation that, appreciation this. I remember in the GTAO Section there was tons of these Topics, too. There is absolutely no reason for any of the above. Like you said, there is so many normalized and general topics that all this appreciation stuff can be added into. It doesn't need or deserve a topic on it's own. But yeah, it's getting ridiculous. IV Section = Spam as far as I am concerned. I am embarrassed to even go there at this point...

GamesBoy316

IV section that seem to pop up threads concerning so much of appreciation about the game, these are actually turning into being more annoying for those who visit the section.

...Tell me about it. An entire front page of appreciation that, appreciation this. I remember in the GTAO Section there was tons of these Topics, too. There is absolutely no reason for any of the above. Like you said, there is so many normalized and general topics that all this appreciation stuff can be added into. It doesn't need or deserve a topic on it's own. But yeah, it's getting ridiculous. IV Section = Spam as far as I am concerned. I am embarrassed to even go there at this point...

The moderators need to make an appreciation sub-forum as some have already said.

Lethal Vaccine

@OP, my comment wasn't to bother you, either. It's more directed at the IV Section. It's a free-for-all in that Section...

I personally never care to make appreciation threads, but maybe it's a good idea for people who like them...

PhillBellic

He was a pain in the backside, and always made you/a CJ very intimidated.

M0rk

I can sh*t on you from such a height, you'll think God himself took a crap on you

gangster2332

I can sh*t on you from such a height, you'll think God himself took a crap on you

cj you motherf*cking cocksucking piece of sh*t!!

DragonpokeZ

NO. I HATED this bastard with a passion. He made Smoke and Ryder betray you. He put your brother in jail and dissolved your gang. He tried to kill you and Sweet and almost succeeded on both attempts. He made you do his chores without you being able to do anything about it. He set up the incident in which your mom is killed. He had a redneck, punk-ass partner. And the worst part is that you don't get to kill him, but instead he kills himself! Motherf*cking piece of horse sh*t!

LeonTheKiller

Best villain in the series by a long margin. Killing him at end was so satisfying . Samuel L. Jackson did a amazing job.

DragonpokeZ

Best villain in the series by a long margin. Killing him at end was so satisfying . Samuel L. Jackson did a amazing job.

You don't kill him at the end, the little f*cker kills himself. You don't even get to shoot him!

Miketruckerr

NO. I HATED this bastard with a passion. He made Smoke and Ryder betray you. He put your brother in jail and dissolved your gang. He tried to kill you and Sweet and almost succeeded on both attempts. He made you do his chores without you being able to do anything about it. He set up the incident in which your mom is killed. He had a redneck, punk-ass partner. And the worst part is that you don't get to kill him, but instead he kills himself! Motherf*cking piece of horse sh*t!

And that's why he's the best antagonist ever. R* created him that way, so the player would hate his guts.

So when you hate him, it means that R* made a brilliant antagonist.

LeonTheKiller

You don't kill him at the end, the little f*cker kills himself. You don't even get to shoot him!

True, my bad, i should have been more clear. But still, even though Carl don't get to shoot him, he caused his death. Tenpenny wouldn't lose control of the Firetruck truck if CJ wasn't pursuing him, heck he would not be even there at bridge in Ganton :p. If was not for Carl tenpenny would have escaped into the sunset with a bag full of drug money, so for me doesn't matter if CJ shoot him or not at at the end.

And that's why he's the best antagonist ever. R* created him that way, so the player would hate his guts.

So when you hate him, it means that R* made a brilliant antagonist.

^ This. I was gonna say that but you beat me to it.

D9fred95

I think it goes "Carl, you mother-f*cking piece of sh*t gang-banging cock-sucker!"

gangster2332

I think it goes "Carl, you mother-f*cking piece of sh*t gang-banging cock-sucker!"

ah yeah right! it was sweet who said: tenpenny, you motherf*cking cocksucking piece of sh*t! i aint let you get away with all you done!

Lethal Vaccine

Sweet says that when he jumps from the AP Greenwood onto the AP Fire Truck's ladder after you leave the Crack Palace. I've seen this cutscene like 500 times it feels like trying to get the AP Fire Truck with no luck on PS2.

CountdownIIExtinction

Hell Yeah, giveit up for the coolest cop that ever walked the earth.

"I can sh*t on you so that you'll thiNK lORD HIMSELF HAS SHAT ON YA"

"Thats good stuff, man" (at the motel in Angel Pine

"I'm gonna get drunk and get laid. You've got problem with that?!"

BlackSnow176

Easily the best GTA antagonist alonside Catalina. You knew he was the "bad guy", but couldn't help liking him. Sonny was okay also, but he was absent for most of Vice City. The GTA IV and V antagonists are boring and forgettable for the most part. I actually have three seperate posters of Tenpenny :D

(two that came with GTA: The Trilogy - one with English and one with Spanish map on the back (as well as two of GTA III and VC); and another one that came with the original copy of GTA San Andreas... couldn't have asked for a better GTA SA poster)

gta_san_andreas___tenpenny_by_thethruth9

Edited by BlackSnow176

housedeep

Tenpenny is a perfect antagonist. He is just a cop, but at the same time he runs the city, enslaving everyone in the process.

He is the kind of villain that makes any bad guy look soft.

He makes everyting personal, and he is a dangerous enemy, I've always wanted to face this kind of antagonist.

The Deadite

my favorite character in SA and antagonist in the series, and also voiced by Samuel L Jackson!

:^:

pure win!!

Uncle Vlad

my favorite character in SA and antagonist in the series, and also voiced by Samuel L Jackson!

:^:

pure win!!

This. I hated him, but also liked him at the same time. :D

Predator

"intimidate those who intimidate others Carl,that's my job"- Tenpenny

189.jpg

ROCKSTAR MANIC

Yeah a Pretty colorful character Tenpenny is. Very unique and memorable.

Matt11

I could not stand him myself but I can appreciate the acting job did by Samuel L., and the job by Rockstar for creating a fictional character I so passionately hated.

Edited by Matt11

PhillBellic

He's a better Antagonist than Steve Haines, et al.

He's also still one of the most memorable in the Series.

Michael

Tenpenny is one of the funniest antagonists in GTA San Andreas. Even though he acted like a dick to anyone around him, he sure had the whole gang world in his pocket. And his death must be one of the most remarkable in Grand Theft Auto.

ROCKSTAR MANIC

I really liked the lines Jackson did. It made Tenpenny sound like some f*cking asshole piece of sh*t cop. Especially when he tells CJ, "We can sh*t on you from such a height, You'll think God himself has crapped on you" then "There's is a guy holed up across town, Got that Address Pulaski?. Another gang banging, drug pushing, cop killing, bitch like you. "We don't like him, and he don't like us".

Edited by ROCKSTAR MANIC