2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Pacific Standard Finale more difficult now?

FlexPiTo

I've completed this heist many many times as I'm sure a lot of you have. In the past week and a half I've completed it 4 or 5 times. Last night I was playing this finale on Hard with friends and everything was going smooth as usual (noose wasn't called). We always take the bikes and take the highlighted route and always finish with 1.1+ million.

However last night when we got on the bikes and started making our way to the dinghy we noticed A LOT more cop cars and even Noose trucks chasing and shooting at us. I've never been chased by noose trucks before and never been shot at all (until I get through the tunnel in the mountain) while on the bike as long as I'm moving. There were road blocks like a every half a mile with cops on foot firing at us which I've never seen before. The craziest part of this is that we made it to the end without anyone dying or even falling off their bikes and we finished with $687k which is the lowest it can go on Hard, from getting shot so damn much.

The Noose was not called. There was no cutscene at the bank where they come in and we got the "Noose not called" checkmark at the payout screen.

So we thought "wow ok maybe that was just some random one time finale that was a lot more hectic than usual." But then I spoke with another friend today and he told me did Pacific Standard yesterday as well and the same thing happended to him!

Does anyone know if R* all of a sudden made this finale more difficult? Has anyone else played it in the last 2 days that can share their experience whether you noticed a difference or everything was normal?

Edited by FlexPiTo

In order to notice if they made changes to the heist.

You will have to grab the JSON file for pacific standard finale and check it from time to time.

Heists can be updated same as captures/races...etc at anytime without a title update.

They could have updated the pacific standard finale and spawned NOOSE trucks and cops cars to wait until you approach to chase you.

• Like 2

GamesBoy316

That sucks if Rockstar updated the heist finale. The cops are already annoying.

line of chop

I said to my friend the other day it feels like they have upped the difficulty

PoeticWhisper

Stay off the main roads on the bikes. Go up onto the train tracks near the lost MC hideout, through the tunnel and down into Raton Canyon....

Profit.

• Like 3

I've noticed little changes, for example the trash truck setup has a new route, it wasn't like that before and when we played the Pacific Heist weeks when the update was released we always had noose patrols on us and we didn't kill any hostages.

Mr. Larson

I doubt R* does any changes. They had a lot of bugged missions to fix first and this would really take no time.
If riot vans are spawned although NOOSE has not been alerted, this actually nerves the mission. NOOSE makes only the part in the alleyway harder, if this is just normal, be thankful for the riot van.

It's possible they could have changed it or may do so - but I have always noted a variability in the number of cops that spawn. It seems random, having done it maybe 20-30 times.

What does change the perception is if one player falls behind the others a bit. What happens is that player causes new cops to spawn, but also runs into the ones who were spawned by the guys ahead. The best way to limit the amount of cops spawning is to stick together. Obviously the guy in the front never notices the difference, but you all have to get the boat!

hesselgren

i feel like it is the same. even though sometimes there are different amount of cops.

for example, if you go first, most of the time there is no problem at all. there for should the money carrier always go first.

if you go in a group it will be hell for all. tons of cops and roadblocks.

if someone has a bad connection traffic and cops will be very glitchy and you get cars spawning in front of you, invisible cars you crash into and so on..

• Like 2

If R* changes any of the heists finales I feel it would be quite unfair to those who are/ have been doing the Elite challenges. If they upped the difficulty they'd have to extend the time limit etc. to keep it fair.

Although it's R* we're talking about here so who knows.

• Like 3

Retired Mafia

Great, we're probably doing the pacific finale tomorrow for criminal mastermind, thanks for the heads up, won't make a big difference but it's always good to know what to expect

• Like 2

Quinn_flower

actually op for me that happened two times back when heist came out. the only thing we did to trigger noose was each person rides with each other.

It seems they have upped the accuracy of the AI on the PSJ hack set up

UltimateAntic

Some one once said that the cops are a bit more dangerous on a retry on reddit.

Also if you're going as a group then more cops and even NOOSE will spawn. This is normal behavior and Cops and helicopters can also do drive-bys since day 1

On the PS3, I may have stumbled on a small glitch that makes More cops spawn while doing the finale,

I was goofing off in freemode, having a personal war with the cops, when a buddy sent me an invite, I took the invite and paid $1000 buck to lester to remove my wanted level, ..we hit the bank only killed the cops, no hostages were killed.....when we exited the bank we had noose trucks the gauntlet of cops..

after a couple attempts one of the guys left the game....

we went back to freeroam, i resumed my war with cops ..a few minutes later my buddy invited me again (we were all in the same lobby) i paid another $1000 to lester to remove my wanted level so i could join.....same as before the whole array cops showed up....we did finish this time but lost over 200k in cash

when we got back to freemode, one of the guys said he was sitting on the Finale and wanted to know if we wanted to do it again, we said sure start it up

This time i did not start a war with the cops, i used the time to stock up on snacks and Armour....we did the finale the same way even did the same roles .....this time only cops cars had to be dealt with....we got away on the bikes and lost less than 25k

Maybe it was a glitch that had nothing to do with my wanted levels before i joined the heist...but two out of three times makes me wonder

May have something to do with Lester mentioning "the cops will be highly motivated to take you down"... Maybe they upped the difficulty so it makes his statement true?

• Like 2

Yesterday I had extremely aggressive cops in Fleeca finale. I had about 10 cop cars including an FIB Granger ramming me from all sides all the time. I couldn't get lift up by the Cargobob because I just kept being rammed.

After restart, it went normal though.

Sometimes the game just goes completely bonkers. I also had instances when the PS finale seems more difficult than it usually. Dunno if it's deliberate or just some sort of a random thing where the AI just goes crazy.

I've also had a PS instance where, escaping in a 4door car, we only met about 2 or 3 other cop cars and they didn't even do anything.

I think it's just luck what kind of AI response you get.

ninjaontour

Yesterday I had extremely aggressive cops in Fleeca finale. I had about 10 cop cars including an FIB Granger ramming me from all sides all the time. I couldn't get lift up by the Cargobob because I just kept being rammed.

Sometimes the game just goes completely bonkers. I also had instances when the PS finale seems more difficult than it usually. Dunno if it's deliberate or just some sort of a random thing where the AI just goes crazy.

I've also had a PS instance where, escaping in a 4door car, we only met about 2 or 3 other cop cars and they didn't even do anything.

LMFAO @ failing Fleeca. That's gotta sting.

I havent that exact problem, but i have a time or two seen the magnet or its shadow NOT show up under the cargobob,...even with no cops ramming and slamming, the car never would get picked up...

Did the finale last night by using jet skis and going straight to the dinghy. Worked fine.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the responses. I've always thought this was a great place to come If I had a question I couldn't find an answer to myself 😊

actually op for me that happened two times back when heist came out. the only thing we did to trigger noose was each person rides with each other.

I think this one hits the Jackpot. When I do this finale, 9 times out of 10 everyone takes there own bike. Very rarely, one person will ride with another making it 3 bikes on the road. Last night when we did it, 2 of my friends didnt feel like driving so they rode with another, making it 2 bikes on the road. Maybe thats what causes a more chaotic trip to the dinghy. Edited by FlexPiTo

If you like a smoother ride to the dinghy, then don't shoot cops after getting on the bikes.

• Like 2

If you like a smoother ride to the dinghy, then don't shoot cops after getting on the bikes.

This is true also!! My friend that was riding with me shot at the cops in the beginning of the bike ride. Edited by FlexPiTo

TheKingChivas

I've noticed little changes, for example the trash truck setup has a new route, it wasn't like that before and when we played the Pacific Heist weeks when the update was released we always had noose patrols on us and we didn't kill any hostages.

I've done Trash Truck a whole lot of times and it seems like the pickups get switched around sometimes...this has happened as long as I can remember. No idea why.

Great, we're probably doing the pacific finale tomorrow for criminal mastermind, thanks for the heads up, won't make a big difference but it's always good to know what to expect

Just load up those heavy combat suits in Player Saved Outfits and you'll be fine...good luck.

The heist were definately easier at release. For sure, the AI in the Pacific Standard finale has the Rooftop Rumble super-human accuracy.

Red Lynx 23

Now more than ever, my preference towards having the Assault Shotgun armed before getting on the bike is a good idea. If you crash and LSPD or usually in my case Blaine County Sheriffs roll up on you, then the assault shotgun will be the weapon you're armed with after standing up. The dlc weapon, heavy shotgun iirc, would probably also work.

LMFAO @ failing Fleeca. That's gotta sting.

It's even funnier because that was a part of the mastermind challenge.

I havent that exact problem, but i have a time or two seen the magnet or its shadow NOT show up under the cargobob,...even with no cops ramming and slamming, the car never would get picked up...

The magnet was there this time but with 3 or 4 cop cars ramming me from all sides at the same time, you just can't keep the car steady enough.

CarimboHanky

the only thing i have notice is that now more cops spawn...

heck i played last night i we had cops on foot waiting for us next to the bikes.

so i wont doubt they have buffed things.