2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

What are the lowest specs to run GTA V on 4K display at 60 fps?

AlexanderSutikno

AlexanderSutikno

Hi guys

Tell me what is the lowest specs to be able to run GTA V 4K on 60 fps.

How about this setting, is it possible?

Intel i7 5th generation

GTX 980

8 GB RAM

please tell me so i wont waste too much money on my computer to run the game at ultra settings

yours sincerley

WorldWideFM

To get 4k at 60 frames on ultra you pretty much need two of those cards to be honest, in fact I think the benchmarks I saw give V about 55 frames per second with two 980s, so maybe that's not even enough. You can still run the game very well with a PC like that (though I must say; 8GB of RAM seems way too low for a modern computer, that's basically consumer territory) but bare in mind that 4k is a seriously high resolution and your prospects of running it at that res whilst on ultra settings AND gunning for 60fps is not an easy achievement.

To get 4k at 60 frames on ultra you pretty much need two of those cards to be honest, in fact I think the benchmarks I saw give V about 55 frames per second with two 980s, so maybe that's not even enough. You can still run the game very well with a PC like that (though I must say; 8GB of RAM seems way too low for a modern computer, that's basically consumer territory) but bare in mind that 4k is a seriously high resolution and your prospects of running it at that res whilst on ultra settings AND gunning for 60fps is not an easy achievement.

8 GB is to low for a modern computer? Well, looks like I need an upgrade ;) (PC is 2.5 years old)

AlexanderSutikno

2 GTX 980 is only 55 Fps???

what about a single GTX Titan X with i7 extreme? do you think it will suffice?

"To run the game on a 4K display at 30fps," says Hoare, "you’ll need at minimum an AMD HD 7870 or Nvidia GTX 760 with 2GB of VRAM." As for the 4K at 60 frames-per-second, that'll require a "high-end SLI or Crossfire setup."

-rockstar's words.

so, whatever you buy, buy two.

sivispacem

Twin 980s will probably get you most of the way there. And 8gb RAM is fine for gaming.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.65GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN/Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

My PC cant do constant 1080P 60FPS if you ramp up graphics setting to its 'highest'. It has drops from time to time in graphically intensive scenes.

So that will give you some indication of your starting point, and the amount of money you have to sync in realistically for such rig that will be capable of 4K 60FPS.

Though, it will depend greatly on graphics setting, but why would someone build a rig to play 4K at lowest setting. So I am just assuming it will be 4K with AT LEAST high setting.

undeadpolice

Hi guys

Tell me what is the lowest specs to be able to run GTA V 4K on 60 fps.

How about this setting, is it possible?

Intel i7 5th generation

GTX 980

8 GB RAM

please tell me so i wont waste too much money on my computer to run the game at ultra settings

yours sincerley

Unlikely My 980 is already overclock to 2200mhz and custom water cooled, I'm barely able to make pass 60 Fps on a single card, You might want to add another 980 to enjoy 4k at its fullest.

Edited by undeadpolice

• 1 month later...
cryptorelic

I have been able to get 61 FPS on 4k resolution with GTX 750 4GB vRAM / 8GB DDR3 RAM / Intel i5-4460 4 x 3.2 GHz.

Highest settings, everything to max turned off vsync. I was running a benchmark test.

Where CPU and GPU have been overclocked. Control is slightly lagging, but only here and there.

Lowest FPS: 53

Highest FPS: 61

I was also enjoying the 2460x1440 @ 60 Hz resolution, which gave me not a single lag or fps drop.

OFF-TOPIC: THE ABOVE SAID IS FOR GTA IV !

Edited by DoubledRelic696

I have been able to get 61 FPS on 4k resolution with GTX 750 2GB vRAM / 8GB DDR3 RAM / Intel i5-4460 4 x 3.2 GHz.

Highest settings, everything to max turned off vsync. I was running a benchmark test.

Never... a GTX 750 would never run 4k res...can you test with ShadowPlay FPS count and report back...

Send a video, if you realy want us to believe this....

cryptorelic

I have been able to get 61 FPS on 4k resolution with GTX 750 2GB vRAM / 8GB DDR3 RAM / Intel i5-4460 4 x 3.2 GHz.

Never... a GTX 750 would never run 4k res...can you test with ShadowPlay FPS count and report back...

I maybe forgot to mention that i mean GTA IV on this. Just realized i'm in the V forums.

But still, i did it with ShadowPlay and hit 57 FPS almost constant.

As of for GTA V: I receive a diashow lol

Edited by DoubledRelic696

I maybe forgot to mention that i mean GTA IV on this. Just realized i'm in the V forums.

Oh you meant IV...

cryptorelic

Oh you meant IV...

Yeah, sorry for that. OP seems to have posted this in IV - PC section first, but got moved and i didn't check if it was saying V or IV in the title.

My fault, but yeah, playing V nice and smooth i need to upgrade.

Everyone gets a boner for loads of RAM when I'm still throwing punches with 6GB and absolute butter performance before IGG ofc.

You don't need more than 8GB RAM for games.

PCMasterRace46

I get around 45 fps with 1x 980 Ti , with 2x in SLI I get around 70-74 average on very high/ultra settings. I would add 8Gb more of ram if I were you, then a 2nd 980 when you can swing it. Demanding game at 4K. More to come. Haven't played GTA IV in years.

Edited by PCMasterRace46