1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[V|REL] Project Real Brands

PißWasser

PißWasser

Hi,

This is my mod: https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/real-brands-project

Its in an early stage, and aims to change all brands to real ones, up to the smallest level (for example check out the stuff in the fridge)

<b>I have a problem, and I was wondering if someone could help me with it.</b>

I noticed that most interiors have their own .rpf, in x64h.rpf theyre located somewhere. Anyhow, these rpfs have their own models and textures, but also use some that are "not theirs".

For example in v_int_68.rpf you'll find the stuff in the fridge that I have modded. Modding this works completly well, just like all other textures that are located in v_int_68.rpf

Now the interior (its the gasstation shop near franklin's house) also uses models that are not located in its rpf (which is v_int_68.rpf). I want to change those, but it never works.

For example when I edit these files: GTA V\x64c.rpf\gta5\props\commercial\v_fastfood.rpf\v_ret_tomsoup1.ydr and v_ret_247_tomsoup1+hidr+ytd, the modded textures show up in openiv browser, but not in the game itself.

Now this goes with all other objects as well, if they won't change ingame, if theyre not in the interior's own .rpf

Could someone please help me on this? been trying all day

Thanks!

• Like 1

I can't really help but I've been trying to do the same here. Specifically with the vending machines. I retextured some with the filenames starting prop_vendsoda but couldn't get them to show in game.

Edited by Timboski

PißWasser

I can't really help but I've been trying to do the same here. Specifically with the vending machines. I retextured some with the filenames starting prop_vendsoda but couldn't get them to show in game.

Same, I've managed to change only one, which is located at the gasstation, but I can't change the tiny logo's (where the player picks what he wants) though it is in the texture. Very strange. I really don't understand where the game gets the files from, i've searched through the rpfs manually for hours, and I still can't get any insight in all of this

just wondering what textures your working on or want worked on if you could please list the following it would help a lot

type of files you want like billboards posters i figured its easier if i edit other stuff on the map at the same time to cover more ground. i can then send you the files somehow and move onto the next bit

its your project and i understand but i'm just trying to help the best way i can i think if were both working on the same area it may result in duplicates. if you list the brands you want that would be good but in general i will pick American/Australian brands. plus you can check the files first :). sorry if this seems pushy i just need details maybe make a list of what were working on. i have edited jimmys posters on his wall in his room its not much but its a start

i can send them to you if you want up to you.

PißWasser

just wondering what textures your working on or want worked on if you could please list the following it would help a lot

type of files you want like billboards posters i figured its easier if i edit other stuff on the map at the same time to cover more ground. i can then send you the files somehow and move onto the next bit

its your project and i understand but i'm just trying to help the best way i can i think if were both working on the same area it may result in duplicates. if you list the brands you want that would be good but in general i will pick American/Australian brands. plus you can check the files first :). sorry if this seems pushy i just need details maybe make a list of what were working on. i have edited jimmys posters on his wall in his room its not much but its a start

i can send them to you if you want up to you.

You´re not being pushy and your help is much appreciated, as I want this done as good and fast as possible.

Of course I will credit you for all work you do. Right now there are 2 things you can help me with:

1. Manage to replace the soupcans at the gasstation, I can't find their location, I've found one, but when I change it, It doesnt apply in game. I call these textures "second hand" textures, because the interior gets them from some other .rpf. Right now, I havent been able to replace any second hand texture.

2. Do some textures for the posters in franklins room (go to x64h.rpf/levels/gta5/interiors/v_int_68.rpf (or something like that). Do however not change the textures too much, so the poster with a shoe on it should be a nike shoe, the rip rapper poster should be like R.I.P Eazy E etc.

Also I need to know what brands are common in america, as im from holland, do you know a good brand for the milk carton @ the gasstation? What beer brands are most drunk? I only want to use american stuff. I already got heineken and corona in mind, but do you know any more?

PS im guessing that maybe, for example the tomsoup is also somewhere in a v_int_(number).rpf, maybe the 24/7 thing or something?

And last, I would really love to see your textures for jimmy's poster! :)

You can PM me or just post back on this topic, Cheers!

PißWasser

I checked if they were in the 24/7 store, but that uses second hand textures too

i will look into it asap i will attach jimmys posters for you no need to add my name to each thing i do just add me as working with you on the gta mod like project team in description idn just a idea im not 100% familiar with american brands i tend to use google lol just one other thing to how do i send you files sorry to ask i just have no idea. :panic:

Edited by Ryan Apex

PißWasser

i will look into it asap i will attach jimmys posters for you no need to add my name to each thing i do just add me as working with you on the gta mod like project team in description idn just a idea im not 100% familiar with american brands i tend to use google lol just one other thing to how do i send you files sorry to ask i just have no idea. :panic:

Maybe skype or whatsapp?

Maybe skype or whatsapp?

any chance i could just give you my email i could send it through there maybe ?

im about half way through frankins posters sorry it takes a while as i don't always have the right pics to edit with gotta google for a bit :lol:

PißWasser

Maybe skype or whatsapp?

any chance i could just give you my email i could send it through there maybe ?

im about half way through frankins posters sorry it takes a while as i don't always have the right pics to edit with gotta google for a bit :lol:

Don't worry my friend, retexturing takes me long as well, unfortunately I cannot do any retextures this weekend, because my girlfriend is sleeping over. I might do franklin's shoeboxes when she's asleep. Up next are the coke vending machine, the mags @ gasstation, and some other small changes to the gasstation.

Please email your textures to [email protected]

just sent the files check them out when you get the chance let me know how it goes i'm gonna head to bed lol i will have a look tomorrow :colgate:

i replied to you on the texture toolkit topic aswell but in case you see this first try looking for the texture in multiple directories. some textures have duplicates that need to also be replaced for it to show up in game.

the latest version of open iv now supports .yft editing you may try that.

just been using it today its amazing smashed through the textures for a whole corner store today so much easier just need support for 3d model editing and it will be perfect guess we will have to wait for the guys working with zmodeler and 3dsmax

• 2 weeks later...

Will this project include vehicle brands as well?

I'm sorry dude I quit this project. However there is a pack on vehicle emblems on gta5-mods I believe. If I were you though, I'd just wait until the vehicle mods come up, and you can have your real porsche, bmw, etc :)