1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

The 'Steal a <police vehicle>' missions ...

WorthlessYouth

WorthlessYouth

My gosh.

I'm 21 hours into this game, and I'm really loving it, but these missions are absolutely absurd in the later levels.

I'm doing the final jobs for the Industrial District, but I have to steal a SWAT van, Special Forces vehicle and then a Tank?! How on earth can anybody do this? I mean, its obviously achievable, but these sorts of missions are such a crazy spike in difficulty for me, that they really just cause me to procrastinate and avoid the mission as much as possible. Every time i've done them, its taken well over 5+ attempts to finally get it done.

What's the trick to these missions? Like, really. I always die fast. I can't even get a SWAT van without dying, let alone a tank!

If you don´t try to get 100% and do all kill frenzies, you can get the tank not far away from the red phones where you have to jump with a fast car from a ramp, or the tank in the northwest and park it nearby the garage. Best weapon to deal with SWAT and special agents is the Flamethrower or the Electro Gun, but Electro Gun has a bit delay, so equip yourself with one of these when you start the mission. Having a Machine Gun is standard equipment anyway, it´s good to deal with normal cops or wanted level 3 cops from a distance.

You also can take some powerups like Invulnerability which lasts for 40 seconds or Invisibility which lasts 60 seconds, look up the map. And yeah make sure to start with full health and armour, some armour should appear after you deliver the SWAT van south of the garage in the small passage.

If you are talking about yellow mission for Zaibatsu in the Industrial District it's not that hard. As you probably realize there is Max Paynt garage near the garage where you should park the vehicles. This way will take some time and money, but you may actually steal needed car, drive to your vehicle previously parked near the Max Paynt, lose the cops and complete the objective.

WorthlessYouth

If you don´t try to get 100% and do all kill frenzies, you can get the tank not far away from the red phones where you have to jump with a fast car from a ramp, or the tank in the northwest and park it nearby the garage. Best weapon to deal with SWAT and special agents is the Flamethrower or the Electro Gun, but Electro Gun has a bit delay, so equip yourself with one of these when you start the mission. Having a Machine Gun is standard equipment anyway, it´s good to deal with normal cops or wanted level 3 cops from a distance.

You also can take some powerups like Invulnerability which lasts for 40 seconds or Invisibility which lasts 60 seconds, look up the map. And yeah make sure to start with full health and armour, some armour should appear after you deliver the SWAT van south of the garage in the small passage.

Good news is that it looks like the flamethrower helped immensely

Bad news is that, I stupidly decided to steal the tank before saving and prompltly got busted, and now the tank no longer spawns in its usual spot (where you need to jump ontop of with a fast car) whenever I load my save. I think I've just made this infinitely harder for myself. Considering there isn't really any helpful guides on where to find the tank again, I may be out of luck for now

Is it possible to get the tank to respawn back in that area? It would really make things a lot easier

Edited by Azurex

If you took the tank and then saved it´s gone forever, lol. The parked tanks are meant for the Kill Frenzies, if you take one you automatically start the frenzy and then it doesn´t matter if you fail or pass it, tank will be gone after a save and reload. There is a second one in the north east of the map though as I said, you need to go to the very north-east point and run to the left through some narrow passages until you see a way to the roofs. All you need is then to run and jump across the roofs and then you will see the tank. Problem is there are the mad blue guys tryin to kill ya, so maybe take some powerups or well try until you succeed, gl. :cool:

Edit: the tank is in the north-west, sorry lol. And you can´t respawn them back unless you replay the whole area.

Edited by Molotok
WorthlessYouth

If you took the tank and then saved it´s gone forever, lol. The parked tanks are meant for the Kill Frenzies, if you take one you automatically start the frenzy and then it doesn´t matter if you fail or pass it, tank will be gone after a save and reload. There is a second one in the north east of the map though as I said, you need to go to the very north-east point and run to the left through some narrow passages until you see a way to the roofs. All you need is then to run and jump across the roofs and then you will see the tank. Problem is there are the mad blue guys tryin to kill ya, so maybe take some powerups or well try until you succeed, gl. :cool:

Edit: the tank is in the north-west, sorry lol. And you can´t respawn them back unless you replay the whole area.

Ouch.

It's alright though. At least I know if I really can't get past it, I can jack the tank at the top left of the map (although it's quite a hassle to get, as you mentioned). Definitely feeling a lot more confident now, knowing that the flamethrower is the handiest weapon in the game, lol.

Also, hold on a moment. I just noticed something. You're Molotok from YouTube, huh? I've literally been using your videos as a guide for these latter missions and they've been such a big help. (Especially in 'Tanks Alot!') Thank you so much!

If you mean the old walkthrough i made somewhere in 2008, the "Tanks A Lot!" was done unnecessarily hard there :whistle: , I didn´t grab the Invisibility which would make that mission one of the easiest. But yeah, glad it is still of any use to someone.

If you are talking about yellow mission for Zaibatsu in the Industrial District it's not that hard. As you probably realize there is Max Paynt garage near the garage where you should park the vehicles. This way will take some time and money, but you may actually steal needed car, drive to your vehicle previously parked near the Max Paynt, lose the cops and complete the objective.

+1 +1 +1

Always have a normal car near the repaint line. Get one of the required police cars, repaint the normal car and return the police car to the garage. Then repeat this.

Just complete the kill frenzy while doing the mission? That way you should get 100%...?

If you mean the old walkthrough i made somewhere in 2008, the "Tanks A Lot!" was done unnecessarily hard there :whistle: , I didn´t grab the Invisibility which would make that mission one of the easiest. But yeah, glad it is still of any use to someone.

Nah, I think the easiest way is this. :p Credits to whoever found this trick first. It's also explained in some GTA wiki.

edit: Damn I hate this new message editor. Give me something simpler please.

Edited by BBBean