4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ffzero58

FX research

ffzero58

Hey all,

I've been looking through the decompiled scripts to generate particle FX or other FX in-game. Has there been any active research on this front?

GRAPHICS::START_PARTICLE_FX_LOOPED_AT_COORD("scr_fbi_falling_debris", 93.7743f, -749.4572f, 70.86904f, 0f, 0f, 0f, 0x3F800000, 0, 0, 0, 0)

The native seems simple enough (and other related ones). Does anyone have any examples of this working in-game? I'll need to ask headscript to update the natives (testing only in LUA).

Edited by ffzero58

Fireboyd78

Hey all,

I've been looking through the decompiled scripts to generate particle FX or other FX in-game. Has there been any active research on this front?

GRAPHICS::START_PARTICLE_FX_LOOPED_AT_COORD("scr_fbi_falling_debris", 93.7743f, -749.4572f, 70.86904f, 0f, 0f, 0f, 0x3F800000, 0, 0, 0, 0)

The native seems simple enough (and other related ones). Does anyone have any examples of this working in-game? I'll need to ask headscript to update the natives (testing only in LUA).

No need for headscript to update the natives, his updates every 10 minutes using NativeDB entries. Just download it from his GitHub.

ffzero58

I literally made the change to the Native DB a couple of hours ago - however, on the GitHub, the last compile was 2 days ago. I just posted in his thread to see what's up. Here's the status:

https://github.com/gallexme/LuaPlugin-GTAV/commits/master

Seems he may have paused it.

CamxxCore

Here is how I did fireworks (C#)

Commented in the names of the functions for you.

if (!Function.Call<bool>(Hash._0x8702416E512EC454, "scr_indep_fireworks")) //STREAMING::HAS_NAMED_PTFX_ASSET_LOADED                {                    Function.Call(Hash._0xB80D8756B4668AB6, "scr_indep_fireworks"); //STREAMING::REQUEST_NAMED_PTFX_ASSET                }                Function.Call(Hash._0x6C38AF3693A69A91, "scr_indep_fireworks"); //GRAPHICS::_SET_PTFX_ASSET_NEXT_CALL                GTA.Math.Vector3 around = ped.Position.Around(5f);                Function.Call<int>(Hash.START_PARTICLE_FX_NON_LOOPED_AT_COORD, fireworkname,                around.X, around.Y, around.Z, 0, 0, 0, 3.5f, 0, 0, 0);

Fireboyd78

Damn, that sucks. I wasn't aware of that. If it doesn't "continue" soon, I'm switching to GTALua :p

ffzero58

Thanks, CamxxCore. I may just bite the bullet soon and test this in C++ or C#. Curiosity is killing me.

WWO2s.jpg

Interestingly, it seems the fireworks requires some checks before it can become active? Perhaps this is more for online integrity than SP.

ffzero58

Looks like just calling START_PARTICLE_FX... will not invoke the effect. I have not tried the above yet but perhaps I need to structure it similarly.

Vrock_wave

Looks like just calling START_PARTICLE_FX... will not invoke the effect. I have not tried the above yet but perhaps I need to structure it similarly.

I got so effects on Lua

STREAMING.REQUEST_NAMED_PTFX_ASSET("scr_fbi4")
GRAPHICS._SET_PTFX_ASSET_NEXT_CALL("scr_fbi4");
GRAPHICS.START_PARTICLE_FX_NON_LOOPED_ON_ENTITY("scr_fbi4_trucks_crash", PLAYER.PLAYER_PED_ID(), 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 10.0, false, false, false);
fx_prop.png

ffzero58

Hmm, I get odd results using this:

if(get_key_pressed(Keys.N)) then --N pressed			coords = ENTITY.GET_OFFSET_FROM_ENTITY_IN_WORLD_COORDS(PLAYER.PLAYER_PED_ID(), 0, 0, 0)			while (not STREAMING.HAS_NAMED_PTFX_ASSET_LOADED("scr_fbi4")) do wait(50) end			STREAMING.REQUEST_NAMED_PTFX_ASSET("scr_fbi4")                       			GRAPHICS._SET_PTFX_ASSET_NEXT_CALL("scr_fbi4")						GRAPHICS.START_PARTICLE_FX_NON_LOOPED_AT_COORD("scr_fbi4_trucks_crash", coords.x, coords.y, coords.z, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 10.0, false, false, false)		end

However, I only get the glow - not the sparks as you have it in your screenshot. I'm using the LUA scripthook by headscript.

GRAPHICS.START_PARTICLE_FX_NON_LOOPED_ON_ENTITY("scr_fbi4_trucks_crash", PLAYER.PLAYER_PED_ID(), 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 10.0, false, false, false) gives me an error where the first param expects a number. That tells me the LUA script is getting the definition of this native wrong. It looks correct on the Native DB... http://www.dev-c.com/nativedb/func/info/0d53a3b8da0809d2

LgcOQ.jpg

Edited by ffzero58

julionib

Here is how I did fireworks (C#)

Commented in the names of the functions for you.

if (!Function.Call<bool>(Hash._0x8702416E512EC454, "scr_indep_fireworks")) //STREAMING::HAS_NAMED_PTFX_ASSET_LOADED                {                    Function.Call(Hash._0xB80D8756B4668AB6, "scr_indep_fireworks"); //STREAMING::REQUEST_NAMED_PTFX_ASSET                }                Function.Call(Hash._0x6C38AF3693A69A91, "scr_indep_fireworks"); //GRAPHICS::_SET_PTFX_ASSET_NEXT_CALL                GTA.Math.Vector3 around = ped.Position.Around(5f);                Function.Call<int>(Hash.START_PARTICLE_FX_NON_LOOPED_AT_COORD, fireworkname,                around.X, around.Y, around.Z, 0, 0, 0, 3.5f, 0, 0, 0);

from where you get this particle effect info? i mean the asset name + name used in variable fireworkname

Vrock_wave

Hmm, I get odd results using this:

if(get_key_pressed(Keys.N)) then --N pressed			coords = ENTITY.GET_OFFSET_FROM_ENTITY_IN_WORLD_COORDS(PLAYER.PLAYER_PED_ID(), 0, 0, 0)			while (not STREAMING.HAS_NAMED_PTFX_ASSET_LOADED("scr_fbi4")) do wait(50) end			STREAMING.REQUEST_NAMED_PTFX_ASSET("scr_fbi4")                       			GRAPHICS._SET_PTFX_ASSET_NEXT_CALL("scr_fbi4")						GRAPHICS.START_PARTICLE_FX_NON_LOOPED_AT_COORD("scr_fbi4_trucks_crash", coords.x, coords.y, coords.z, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 10.0, false, false, false)		end

However, I only get the glow - not the sparks as you have it in your screenshot. I'm using the LUA scripthook by headscript.

GRAPHICS.START_PARTICLE_FX_NON_LOOPED_ON_ENTITY("scr_fbi4_trucks_crash", PLAYER.PLAYER_PED_ID(), 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 10.0, false, false, false) gives me an error where the first param expects a number. That tells me the LUA script is getting the definition of this native wrong. It looks correct on the Native DB... http://www.dev-c.com/nativedb/func/info/0d53a3b8da0809d2

LgcOQ.jpg

download new Lua plugin hichab

no sparks yes it's all because of the radius

GRAPHICS.START_PARTICLE_FX_NON_LOOPED_ON_ENTITY("scr_fbi4_trucks_crash", PLAYER.PLAYER_PED_ID(), 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 10.0, false, false, false)

parameter number 9 (10.0) the radius place 1.0

STREAMING.REQUEST_NAMED_PTFX_ASSET("scr_rcbarry2")
GRAPHICS._SET_PTFX_ASSET_NEXT_CALL("scr_rcbarry2")
GRAPHICS.START_PARTICLE_FX_NON_LOOPED_ON_ENTITY("scr_clown_appears", car.vrockcar3, 0.0, 0.0, -0.5, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, false, false, false);
Edited by Vrock_wave

ffzero58

Thanks, I got this to work a while back. Got misled by the hash being used for the FX size.

So, it looks like the native GRAPHICS.SET_PARTICLE_FX_NON_LOOPED_COLOUR only works for the tire smoke FX (like "scr_recartheft", "scr_wheel_burnout" and "scr_carsteal4", "scr_carsteal4_wheel_burnout")