2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Proxy mines in Pac Standard finale glitch?

Soran Is On

Soran Is On

So I've failed the Pac Standard heist twice now because of a proximity mine glitch.

I'm usually demo or crowd control so as a precaution I will throw a few proxies upstairs to catch the guards that come out while the cash is being bagged. Normally throw some on the door and stairs, done like dinner.

But if I get close enough to a wall to 'place' the mine against the wall, my asshole character will not stop mounting proxy mines to the wall. He puts one, I try to walk away, he immediate places a second, I start to freak out and mash my controller to try and get him to stop, he just about gets done placing the third one when the first blows up in his face...

and I just stare in amazement, while the rest of the heist team throws a barrage of WTF's over the mic.

Anyone else had this?

Edited by stonedpimpso
  • Like 1

Hit by Lightning

I've been doing this all the time (PS4). I haven't seen this glitch yet! :D

Haven't seen that and it sounds annoying, but: STOP USING PROX MINES. This is a waste of money and now that you've seen that it's glitchy sometimes, it's also pointlessly risky. Just take cover behind the far desk downstairs and pop the guards as they come out that door. Don't outsmart yourself - you can easily mow them down before they fire a shot at you.

Soran Is On

Yah I'm on PS4, funny no one else has had this. Got a video of it last time so I'll post it.

it's more of a back up plan for me because randoms are so terrible. They work great and launch the security guards out into the middle of the bank LOL.

and I have money to burn so I throw them around. Just need to be careful that I actually throw it.

InYeezusWeTrust

Why not just use the auto shotty? Why are you making this harder than it should be?

• Like 1

I can't believe that people who obviously played PS finale enough to know where the guards come from, are so afraid of them that they have to boobytrap the bank :lol: They don't even have automatic weapons...

But if you want to use them, why not just throw the proxmine? You should know that the controls and movement in GTAV/O is inspired by swimming in the mud.

Edited by RogerWho

If you're crowd control, use sticky bombs instead and camp the staircase or stay behind the counter while watching both the crowd and the door - detonate when they approach.

Or...camp the inside of the hallway or one of the offices of where the security guards spawn so they won't or at a minimum, and tell the other guy who's also crowd control to watch the actual crowd.

...Is taking down those guards really that difficult?

• Like 2

If you need proxy mines to stop you getting shot by the guards, then you shouldn't be doing this heist in the first place......

• Like 3

TheKingChivas

Why not just use the auto shotty? Why are you making this harder than it should be?

...Is taking down those guards really that difficult?

If you need proxy mines to stop you getting shot by the guards, then you shouldn't be doing this heist in the first place......

All of the above...I mean, if you really want to blow them up, use stickies. They're cheaper and don't blow up when you put them down. Either way, it's a ridiculous waste for basically non-threats.

Shadowfennekin

I stopped using proxies after I found out they were the ONLY ammo that wasn't replenished after the Heist. Much easier to just shoot them

PPL get their knickers in a tissy when others don't play a heist their way. Maybe just maybe because he's played the heist so many times that he's trying to spice it up by trying out different techniques to complete his role and this one keeps fukking up on him. Simples. He only wanted to know if it's a common problem with the game. SMH :monocle: lol

• Like 3

Zoop_Leroy

If you're crowd control and level 100+, stand on the circular table in the main lobby and aim the rocket launcher towards the staircase where the guards come down. The intimidation bar stays maxed out without you having to waste ammo. Have the other crowd control wait for the guards in the upstairs hallway where they spawn.

Soran Is On

I don't have to rely on them. I use them as a safeguard. You know, a backup plan.

Like the cargobob for missions. No one needs to use it but I do. Every damn time.

I have proxies and they have a fantastic use at that very moment. I'd be dumb not to use a fail safe like that. Unless it kills me unexpectedly.

Which it has. So I throw them.

The reading comprehension on this site sometimes. Just mind boggling.

Edited by stonedpimpso

Throw them or don't use them.

No fail safe is needed. The guards are made of jello.

• Like 1

hotrats773

I have never seen this glitch. That is messed up though. I've only used proxies a couple times but just to mess around.

If you're feeling particularly creative, tear gas works too. Once that door is slightly ajar, toss a few in there, space them out by a few seconds and you'll be lucky to have to deal with more than a couple guards.

Off-topic: Seconding the RPG. you don't even need to aim it. Just carry it around and intimidation doesn't move.

I have this problem where I keep failing everything because I keep blowing myself up with RPGs. This particularly happens when I'm indoors or close to other players and walls. What do I do?

• Like 3

I have this problem where I keep failing everything because I keep blowing myself up with RPGs. This particularly happens when I'm indoors or close to other players and walls. What do I do?

Stop using RPGs?

• Like 1

Stop using RPGs?

BViDDA9.gif

• Like 2

InYeezusWeTrust

Stop using RPGs?

BViDDA9.gif

Lol

Jesus christ this site is something else isn't it?