2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Heist Matchmaking: Rank Filter

Ghoffman9

The matchmaking really needs a option for hosts to specify what rank minimum of player they're willing to take. I myself am just about fed up with so many retards below rank 40 without a clue firing pea shooters joining my lobbies. They're like locusts and keep flooding my lobbies, making me have to sit and actively watch over it to make sure no free slots are wasted on these idiots whilst I am gone. Just dipsh*ts looking to get carried and give me nothing but an ulcer dealing with, its frustration incarnate.

Due to how long it takes for a lobby to fill I would just like to fire up the matchmaker and walk out for a bit while it takes its sweet time rounding up a crew, a crew of which would actually be capable and dependable, not something you're gonna get from some very low rank newbie learning the ropes. With a rank filter the matchmaker would keep out the unwanted without me having to do a thing.

I find the whole idea of very low ranks being able to join heists via matchmaker just plain stupid. Low ranks learning the ropes find difficulty just clearing normal missions so to take these fools along on heist missions that are 10 times harder? You'd have to be an idiot yourself to do that. You can call me an elitist all you want, just run a few heist setup and finale missions with'em and you will end up speaking like me after awhile, I guarantee it.

• Like 1

1) Host a heist

2) Kick everyone under level 200 until you have a group of elite players

3) Watch them fail, crash and burn

4) Come back to the forum to complain about playing with stupid high-level randoms

• Like 3

1) Host a heist

2) Kick everyone under level 200 until you have a group of elite players

3) Watch them fail, crash and burn

4) Come back to the forum to complain about playing with stupid high-level randoms

One thing playing with higher ranks guarantees is that you are playing with people whom actually have experience. Takes quite a bit of gameplay to reach say 150 or so. By that point people can at least grasp the basic dos and don'ts of the game. One being such as refusing to hide behind cover and charging into a cluster f*ck of enemies actually being a bad thing.

On the whole when I work with those over 100 I have a way better experience than working with those who are below this rank. There is a few exceptions to this but the exception does not disprove the rule.

Remember we are talking about a lot of those low ranks who skipped playing the singleplayer content and dived straight into Online, so basically they're still learning the basic building blocks of the game. How do you think this would go over in heist missions?

Edited by Ghoffman9

I disagree. My best experiences with heists were with people around ranks 50 - 80. Lower than that and they die a lot just becaus they don't have the heatlh upgrade. Higher than 100 and they tend to die from overconfidence or still make stupid mistakes, such as not pulling the parachute at the end of the Pacific heist. It's the mid-rankers that tend to have some experience already and are still aware their limitations.

The only thing that matters is experience with heists themselves. Ranking up to level 300 in races doesn't help you in that. Not to mention that a high-leveler might have gotten the RP from glitches while a low-level may be a secondary character.

Everyone's experiences with ranks seems to be different but these are mine.

• Like 2

I disagree. My best experiences with heists were with people around ranks 50 - 80. Lower than that and they die a lot just becaus they don't have the heatlh upgrade. Higher than 100 and they tend to die from overconfidence or still make stupid mistakes, such as not pulling the parachute at the end of the Pacific heist. It's the mid-rankers that tend to have some experience already and are still aware their limitations.

The only thing that matters is experience with heists themselves. Ranking up to level 300 in races doesn't help you in that. Not to mention that a high-leveler might have gotten the RP from glitches while a low-level may be a secondary character.

Everyone's experiences with ranks seems to be different but these are mine.

Well this would make a rank filter all the more better cause you get to specify the minimum rank of player you let tag along, yours may be different than mine but we have the power to decide. They could also introduce a heist rating system where a person can like or dislike a player, this when done enough eventually builds a reputation that other players can view to see just how much the players you encountered approve of you and your abilities, this also could be a great solution.

Edited by Ghoffman9

The matchmaking really needs a option for hosts to specify what rank minimum of player they're willing to take. I myself am just about fed up with so many retards below rank 40 without a clue firing pea shooters joining my lobbies. They're like locusts and keep flooding my lobbies, making me have to sit and actively watch over it to make sure no free slots are wasted on these idiots whilst I am gone. Just dipsh*ts looking to get carried and give me nothing but an ulcer dealing with, its frustration incarnate.Due to how long it takes for a lobby to fill I would just like to fire up the matchmaker and walk out for a bit while it takes its sweet time rounding up a crew, a crew of which would actually be capable and dependable, not something you're gonna get from some very low rank newbie learning the ropes. With a rank filter the matchmaker would keep out the unwanted without me having to do a thing.I find the whole idea of very low ranks being able to join heists via matchmaker just plain stupid. Low ranks learning the ropes find difficulty just clearing normal missions so to take these fools along on heist missions that are 10 times harder? You'd have to be an idiot yourself to do that. You can call me an elitist all you want, just run a few heist setup and finale missions with'em and you will end up speaking like me after awhile, I guarantee it.

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

The matchmaking really needs a option for hosts to specify what rank minimum of player they're willing to take. I myself am just about fed up with so many retards below rank 40 without a clue firing pea shooters joining my lobbies. They're like locusts and keep flooding my lobbies, making me have to sit and actively watch over it to make sure no free slots are wasted on these idiots whilst I am gone. Just dipsh*ts looking to get carried and give me nothing but an ulcer dealing with, its frustration incarnate.Due to how long it takes for a lobby to fill I would just like to fire up the matchmaker and walk out for a bit while it takes its sweet time rounding up a crew, a crew of which would actually be capable and dependable, not something you're gonna get from some very low rank newbie learning the ropes. With a rank filter the matchmaker would keep out the unwanted without me having to do a thing.I find the whole idea of very low ranks being able to join heists via matchmaker just plain stupid. Low ranks learning the ropes find difficulty just clearing normal missions so to take these fools along on heist missions that are 10 times harder? You'd have to be an idiot yourself to do that. You can call me an elitist all you want, just run a few heist setup and finale missions with'em and you will end up speaking like me after awhile, I guarantee it.

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

I used to think like you but after enough rounds of low rank stupidity and inexperience my opinion changed after awhile.

E•MO•TION

Plot Twist: Not every low ranked player is a "noob" incapable of completing a heist. Given that GTAO has been out for almost two years, there are surely a number of players attempting to join these lobbies with their secondary, obviously lower-ranked character.

• Like 1

L8m1zfV.png

I'm all for reputation stats in heists. Similar to how when you join a race or DM, you can see the wins and losses, something like that could be in heists (where 'loss' would mean 'causing the heist to fail, i.e. death or destroying the objective vehicle). But you'd need to see that in the lobby screen.

Oh yea funny story: once when I was level 90-something I joined a finale invite. There were 3 guys, all levels 300+. I think, nice, maybe we'd get it done this time? They kicked me, probably for being a low level :-/

Edited by RogerWho
  • Like 1

bruvs-mcfc

I'm level 333 and I have only done 3 of the heists so you'd probably be pulling your your hair out if you got lumbered with me on your job

The-Phillster

I can't get past the second heist setup because low level players keep dying and I only play on hard, drives me to drink !

ProfessionalN00b

While not ALL low level players are bad and not ALL high level players are good, it's no secret to anyone who has had to play with randoms that lower level players tend to screw things up way more often. Whether it is dying in a firefight, not doing their job, or flat out committing suicide because they can't figure out how to use their homing launcher inside the Pacific Standard Bank.

I don't mind having a lower level who knows what they're doing or is willing to learn. But if you're level one trying to join the Pacific Standard Finale, you'll just get kicked. Even if you're a pro player the lack of weapons and health makes you too much of a liability.

Just adding an ability to filter who can join would be a huge benefit for stuff like that. Would keep me from having to kick manually or groan when the leader starts a heist with a level 6 pilot who then admits that he doesn't know how to fly 20 minutes into the heist.

I'm all for reputation stats in heists. Similar to how when you join a race or DM, you can see the wins and losses, something like that could be in heists (where 'loss' would mean 'causing the heist to fail, i.e. death or destroying the objective vehicle). But you'd need to see that in the lobby screen.

Oh yea funny story: once when I was level 90-something I joined a finale invite. There were 3 guys, all levels 300+. I think, nice, maybe we'd get it done this time? They kicked me, probably for being a low level :-/

I always take those rank 65 or higher that is the lowest I am willing to go in terms of rank. At least with that I can hope the said players had retained some sort of experience and skill with the game. This is not so bad in the normal missions that require more than one player cause if they f*ck up I can just carry on without them but on heists if the extra lives are exhausted everyone fails including those still alive and in the fight.

While not ALL low level players are bad and not ALL high level players are good, it's no secret to anyone who has had to play with randoms that lower level players tend to screw things up way more often. Whether it is dying in a firefight, not doing their job, or flat out committing suicide because they can't figure out how to use their homing launcher inside the Pacific Standard Bank.

I don't mind having a lower level who knows what they're doing or is willing to learn. But if you're level one trying to join the Pacific Standard Finale, you'll just get kicked. Even if you're a pro player the lack of weapons and health makes you too much of a liability.

Just adding an ability to filter who can join would be a huge benefit for stuff like that. Would keep me from having to kick manually or groan when the leader starts a heist with a level 6 pilot who then admits that he doesn't know how to fly 20 minutes into the heist.

This raises a scenario I mentioned earlier. Like I said earlier many people who bought Gta 5 at this point skipped the single player content entirely and dived straight into Gta Online. What this means is that they are learning the basics about everything at your expense, even things such as flying, driving, shooting, using cover, among other basic things that most players know about at this point.

I wouldn't want someone like that on my team, would you?

There was one time I joined this random dude's heist mission, he had a rank 25 whom he given the task to fly the plane for the Prison Break (oiy), so lets just say we basically had to teach this freaking guy how to fly cause he had no idea...

Despite telling him the controls we end up failing and getting my ass booted back to Freemode, how fun....

Also when a rank 1 joins your heist finale...big facepalm moment there...

Edited by Ghoffman9

Ezekeil2Ofive17

It'd be much better to have a mic filter

I'd rather have a level 10 that listens, than a level 100 who doesn't

DentureDynamite

Understandable, but R* has determined that you qualify for heists before you qualify for daily objectives.

Go figure.

Plot Twist: Not every low ranked player is a "noob" incapable of completing a heist. Given that GTAO has been out for almost two years, there are surely a number of players attempting to join these lobbies with their secondary, obviously lower-ranked character.

That is one thing I do not understand, whats the point of creating alternate characters to begin with? I understood back in the early days where only one garage can be owned at one time, restricting your car limit to 10, but since then you can now own 3 garages giving you the ability of owning a whopping 30 cars. That is more cars than any one person is willing to drive, most players stick with a small handful at most and drive them almost exclusively.

Things such as alternate characters is mainly done in things like an MMORPGs such as World of Warcraft where there is much benefit to making and maxing out alternate characters, such a thing is not in Gta Online. You mainly just unlock stuff you already have on your first character and just start out with pea shooters again, there is like no benefit at all.

The only thing I can imagine is siblings sharing the same console and profile/PSN/Gamertag creating individual characters for themselves and thats about it.

Edited by Ghoffman9

TacoSmuggler

I always take those rank 65 or higher that is the lowest I am willing to go in terms of rank. At least with that I can hope the said players had retained some sort of experience and skill with the game. This is not so bad in the normal missions that require more than one player cause if they f*ck up I can just carry on without them but on heists if the extra lives are exhausted everyone fails including those still alive and in the fight.

The bit in a bold. Well I think I speak for a lot of us 'under 65s' I wouldn't want to run a heist with you because I wouldn't want to do it unless it's on hard. If you've got extra lives you're not playing hard - so you're clearly not as good as you think you are.

Ezekeil2Ofive17

The bit in a bold. Well I think I speak for a lot of us 'under 65s' I wouldn't want to run a heist with you because I wouldn't want to do it unless it's on hard. If you've got extra lives you're not playing hard - so you're clearly not as good as you think you are.

All rank means is you have a slightly better chance, I did the pac final with 120+ players yesterday, pso's on, and the host was kicking players under 100

The game starts not one of them wears a vest, just some garish outfits, 2 of them grab the cash, the money carriers don't stay in the bank, they don't use rpg's or miniguns, they don't jump over the wall, they go the wrong way on the bikes at first then they follow the line on the road and the take hit $700,000 before one of them dies and I quit...........pathetic and entirely avoidable if they had used their mics

If you kick players, at all, but for the sake of argument, above 30 (normal) or 50 (hard) based on their rank you don't really understand heists, its strategy that wins not bullet sponges

Also hosts need to start taking responsibility, if you're inviting people under 40 take it off hard, in before "Butz I iz da bezt at gtaz cuz I iz da realz gangstaz yo" Heists are a team sport, they die you fail so think before you start

This idea of a fail counter is flawed too, if someone gets a truck stuck or something and I blow it up to restart, is that my "fault"......no, if they die or make a mistake and I die in the course of rescuing them is that entirely my fault.......not really, I wouldn't have been in the position to die if they had followed the plan

Edited by Ezekeil2Ofive17

PKFillmore

Its not the rank that's the problem its the RANDUMS .

Ive been a fantastic RANDOM to multiple heists while I was under lvl 40 and everyone else was over lvl 40. Ive saved their asses multiple times !

You have to watch out because some people give their remote to their pet monkeys

The biggest thing is ppl have to use their MICS. I dont understand it comes with the damn system!

EDIT: I wish R* had a "Heist Rank" giving you "Heist Points" for each completion.... then you could reaaaaly judge the noobs/

Edited by PKFillmore

Oh I see I never randomly join other people's lobbies whom do their setups and finales on a lower difficulty than me. As for my own I always do setups on normal for an extra life so my teammates can get away with f*cking up at least once, as for heists I always do them on hard for the higher payout, no less.

Next time you post I suggest you take the tinfoil hat off first.

• Like 1

Even just now also I was proven right again in my standards when I took a rank 45 along on the trash truck setup mission, he decided to try and take a "shortcut" though some back alleys and got the damn thing stuck when trying to drive it over this thin set of stairs, next attempt a 100+ teammate tried taking the wheel and the both of them proceeded to fight over the thing and run each other over with the truck, a complete travesty.

I do not fully fault the 100+ teammate for trying to take the wheel considering what happened earlier but in typical dipsh*t low rank fashion the rank 45 would not take no for an answer and proceeded to fight with the dude over who got to drive. Next thing I know we're barreling randomly down the road with 100+ ranked dude standing on top of the trash truck with the rank 45 driving trying to throw him off.

All it left me doing was just sitting on the back asking myself "Is this really happening right now?"...

Edited by Ghoffman9

Rank should never be used to determine skills. A level 150 could have 2000 races under his belt and 0 DM experience. How will they fair in PvE? Just roll the dice with ransoms, you may even be surprised.

I recently completed PSJ with 3 randoms and 1 was a rank 18 and held their own.

Rank should never be used to determine skills. A level 150 could have 2000 races under his belt and 0 DM experience. How will they fair in PvE? Just roll the dice with ransoms, you may even be surprised.

I recently completed PSJ with 3 randoms and 1 was a rank 18 and held their own.

I been trying the same setup mission for about 3 hours now and in that time I only been proven right every time.

The last 3 groups I attempted it with the two operators fought over who got to drive the trash truck like f*cking two year olds which eventually escalated into them either blowing the truck up or running each other over with it.

The biggest problem with the matchmaking is that there is no barrier keeping the idiots out. Considering the heist missions require you to actually be competent the player should have to prove themselves to even be allowed to queue in the matchmaker. No low bar sh*t either, if the bar they have to jump over is low it just defeats the purpose of putting a bar there to begin with.

As of now there is no bar players have to overcome. How can I tell? Considering that people as low as rank 1 can join is a good indicator of this.

At least with that, the people you encounter in the matchmaking could carry their weight, they would not have been able to queue otherwise anyway.

It starts off with Lester looking for a heist crew, he considers you a candidate and sends you out on a tough mission solo to prove your worth, completing this mission allows you to then queue in the matchmaker. A mission I can think of is something the likes of Stocks and Scares and doing it solo.

Edited by Ghoffman9

JoshD4PreZ

My only problem with low levels has been in heist setups

Problem being "get in the f*cking car!!"

Car being armored karuma

Set-up being prison break plane, bikes pac standard, Valkyrie humane labs..etc..

Things that could have been easily done in minutes instead of numerous restarts or rage quits, all cuz Rambo had to go in gunz-a-blazin on foot.

My only problem with high levels in heist set ups has been, "REALLY? AGAIN?? GET IN THE F*CKIN CAR!!" "WHY!? WHY WOULD YOU RUN RIGHT INTO THE MIDDLE OF ALL THE GUNFIRE!? WHY!??"

But, as we all know, Rambo will be Rambo, and always he will go out in a dying blaze of not-glory, on foot, and keep getting killed over, and over, and over, and .. you get the point...

Now, I haven't particularly had many bad experiences with the actual heist finale's. Seems like everyone knows payday is a-comin', so they bring their A game.

However, I once had a random over rank 100 in the pacific standard heist finale, die inside of the bank. Yes. You did read that right. INSIDE the bank. 4 times, before quitting. So, I guess that counts, right?

Rank is the only thing I can use to at least get a guesstimate of what their skill may be. With no bar in place to keep the retards out who have a brick in their head where a brain should be, that is what is causing all this hell in matchmaking.

A player should be forced to prove themselves by undertaking a solo mission that are just as difficult as any heist mission but done alone, completing this mission indicates you got the skill to carry your own weight and thus allowed to queue in the matchmaker.

Failure to do so you're just gonna be stuck doing normal missions until you get your sh*t together.

There needs to be stability in the matchmaker and putting a bar in place to keep the idiots out is the only way, not one that is rank based but skill based. A person should not just automatically be entitled to join heists via matchmaker, we already seen the result of that. People joining your setups and finales who do nothing but make your life a living hell and cause the mission to fail, most attempts done with randoms results in failure. Not because of a lack of communication but a lack of skill and willingness to learn from one's mistakes.

I myself played a few missions with skilled randoms and complete setups and even heist finales without us even uttering a word to each other.

Put a requirement in place where players must compete a mission that tests their skills in multiple fields. It would remove the idiots from the matchmaker cause they would be too stupid to complete it, thus making lobbies made via matchmaker a more stable and enjoyable experience.

If they cannot complete it, its their problem. Its hell of a lot better than them joining heist lobbies and becoming other people's problem.

Its not like its our fault that Rockstar made them in a way that actually requires you to have a few brain cells and actually be decent at the game. Its time consuming to get these heists together and completing them, and no one wants all that time wasted from one or multiple idiots who should not even be able to queue in the first place.

Edited by Ghoffman9

Ezekeil2Ofive17

All these players where over 100

Screenshot-Original_zpstd1jkx8b.png

This goes without saying but obviously I wasn't driving!...............wait do you "drive" a boat.......I think so

I realise its anecdotal (and not the best pic) but a low level player who listens is better in heists than a high level who doesn't every time

Mic filter not rank filter