2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Idea to help with players that leave Heists?

MPowell

Maybe something like players that are in queue in a heist lobby and you can see how many times they left a heist?

I know people get disconnected from no fault of their own, but maybe after so many times it will show then the Heist leader can decide if he wants you in. Say a player shows he left a Heist 10 times, the Heist leader can decide to kick him before the heist starts. He either most likely left the heist 10 times on his own, goofing off. His internet connection sucks. Or GTA servers are to blame (not sure how often that happens or if Rockstar might be able to know when it is their fault vs the players fault)

I know it will probably never happen but might help.

ZooTycoon223

I think a good way to keep people from leaving heists is to charge them every time they leave once the heist has started, slowly increasing how much they get charged each time they leave.

• Like 3

CrysisAverted

If they leave you gotta kill them cuz they know to much

im talking for realz

• Like 3

Terrato137

I think a good way to keep people from leaving heists is to charge them every time they leave once the heist has started, slowly increasing how much they get charged each time they leave.

Does the game know the difference between a system freeze, disconnect, and someone actually quitting?

• Like 2

TovarishTony

They should shoulder the setup costs instead while their cut goes to their replacement member.

The Lone Wanderer

ban them permanently and confiscate their console or PC then kill them and everyone they ever played with.

or just don't play with randoms is easier.

Nothing should be done. Its impossible to track why you got disconnected...anyone who took CIS for an hour can tell you that (Rockstar,live,psn or isp) Get a solid crew together.

/thread.

Edited by TreFacTor
  • Like 2

Define 'leave heist'.

If you mean 'leave from the restart screen after 10+ failed attempts by teammates', yea, definitely people should be punished for that :panic:

But I agree that heist stats should be viewable when you join:

e.g. hosted 50 times, joined in 300 setups, 50 finales, died 200 times, fumbled 50 times, saw to to the end 150 times, left on restart 250 times.

That would make sense, especially the 'died X times'.

• Like 1

CarimboHanky

charging would be retarded not only because we are playing on not very stable servers...

how the game would be able to differentiate if a player got a console freeze, got disconnected by the server or if he simply lose it internet connection.

anyway charging wont solve nothing unless they add up a "debt" system, people would just stash their money on a second character, who you gonna chargenifi got no money on me?

jokes on you!

senormidget

Does the game know the difference between a system freeze, disconnect, and someone actually quitting?

Surely it would know if they exit from the lobby by pressing B (or playstation equivalent) or if they quit via their phone during the heist. This alone would discourage some people from leaving early if it means they have to turn their console off.

SM00V OPERATOR

yea this is by far the worst way of online match making I have ever seen... I started real late, like... a week ago, and getting anyone to join my heists is an act of god. Not to mention, some people when you do join their heists dont split evenly. I dont care if I join one mission and no set ups, if I was joining in real life and you offered me 15%, I would kill everyone at the end of the heists and run off with all the money myself.

Surely it would know if they exit from the lobby by pressing B (or playstation equivalent) or if they quit via their phone during the heist. This alone would discourage some people from leaving early if it means they have to turn their console off.there are several other ways to leave...how do you make the distinction????

YOU CANT. This is a bad idea no matter how many times it's posted. It's impossible to distinguish hitting the power button on the console from tripping a circuit.

senormidget

Surely it would know if they exit from the lobby by pressing B (or playstation equivalent) or if they quit via their phone during the heist. This alone would discourage some people from leaving early if it means they have to turn their console off.
there are several other ways to leave...how do you make the distinction????

YOU CANT. This is a bad idea no matter how many times it's posted. It's impossible to distinguish hitting the power button on the console from tripping a circuit.

Calm down m8

Pretty sure they would easily be able to tell if you've physically chosen an option labelled "quit".

Edited by senormidget

hotrats773

Maybe something like players that are in queue in a heist lobby and you can see how many times they left a heist?
I know people get disconnected from no fault of their own, but maybe after so many times it will show then the Heist leader can decide if he wants you in. Say a player shows he left a Heist 10 times, the Heist leader can decide to kick him before the heist starts. He either most likely left the heist 10 times on his own, goofing off. His internet connection sucks. Or GTA servers are to blame (not sure how often that happens or if Rockstar might be able to know when it is their fault vs the players fault)
I know it will probably never happen but might help.

I'm all for it as long as the servers keep track of how many times some tool has purposely trolled/griefed a heist. While we're at it, let also track how many times a player kills his heist teammates immediately after the heist.

Believe me, I'd love to keep track of some of the egregious sh*t that goes on in GTA:O. I get what you're going for here but there are many reason for leaving a heist. I only leave for the following reasons:

1. If the host sits in the lobby for 10 minutes with matchmaking closed. I'm not going to wait on someone who can't figure out how to open matchmaking and ignores my attempts to chat/message such.

2. If I get kicked. Rarely happens but it does.

3. If I get trolled or sense that I'm on with a bunch of dickheads. This doesn't happen often but when I'm on a heist... I dunno...I sort of like enjoying them and not having to deal with utter knobs and teamkillers. I bail. f*ck em'

4. If I join a quick heist and get put in Fleeca - Scope Out. (Seriously R*? WTF? I've done it 1000 times. Please find me something else).

I don't think this will get tracked where WE can see it but maybe R* tallies it up somewhere and then decide to BS you. IF matchmaking ever gets fixed, my guess is you will see a vast improvement in the number of players who will hang in there.

Calm down m8

Pretty sure they would easily be able to tell if you've physically chosen an option labelled "quit".

How can they tell if I pull the power cord?

How can they tell I didn't lag out?

How can they tell I'm getting packet loss from a rusty male connection?

How can they tell if I reached my data cap?

How can they tell if my isp is having issues?

How can they tell if you had a black out?

How can they tell the console didn't exit the game for no reason (happens on Xbox one)?

How can they tell the game froze?

Edited by TreFacTor

senormidget

Calm down m8

How can they tell if I pull the power cord?

How can they tell I didn't lag out?

How can they tell I'm getting packet loss from a rusty male connection?

How can they tell if I reached my data cap?

How can they tell if my isp is having issues?

How can they tell if you had a black out?

How can they tell the console didn't exit the game for no reason (happens on Xbox one)?

How can they tell the game froze?

They can't, so they don't take any action unless you literally choose "quit"

Did you even read my first post before you exploded into a fit of rage?

My point is all disconnects are treated the same because you can't distinguish why someone quit. You are the one having problems with reason, logic and comprehension.

They can't, so they don't take any action unless you literally choose "quit"

Did you even read my first post before you exploded into a fit of rage?

How can it tell if I "quit" because of me and not because of a greedy host, or OTHERS being morons (on purpose or not)?

@op - quote from your other topic.

Because it is impossible for a player to leave because OTHER players goofed off, right? Or the host was a greedy bitch, as it appears to happen with almost all random hosts, right?

At the end of the day this will solve nothing, but a cheap excuse for some random moron, somewhere, as it will weigh heavily against players that play with randoms and not almost exclusive with friends / crews.

Edited by Phyxsius-

CarimboHanky

My point is all disconnects are treated the same because you can't distinguish why someone quit. You are the one having problems with reason, logic and comprehension.

and treating every disconnect like that is bullsh*t too!

the other day i was playing a heist, the server feel like booting me, so i get send back to freeroam, receiving some bad sport points because...

"you have left a mission bla bla bla bad sport behave or else"

dafuk you i didnt leave, you pull me out of the mission!!!

No, you can't distinguish why someone "LEFT" from the game. You CAN however tell if they went into the menus or phone and pressed "QUIT". There was a whole 'nother thread about this. I personally thought of a decent way to see how dependable someone is when it comes to failing and quitting from the setup itself. (Not from the board or menu or clothing selection, that's fair because sometimes hosts will be dicks on the cut or you see the host is letting a level 3 play on the Pacific Standard Finale and you just know that's going to end well.) Basically the whole thing took into account how much you failed and if you quit and failed the most or quit without even trying… and the idea was to possibly reduce trolls and repeating failures by giving them a sort of dependability stat. Other players would see this rating and decide whether or not to kick them at the invite screen based on the stat. Is it perfect? Hell no. But the game can't tell if someone's killing themselves or blowing up the objective on purpose or by accident, so it's decent considering.

Edited by cdjen93

Cdjen...manually exiting the game is no different than losing power to the console. This is what people don't understand. Even games that track disconnects as a Stat can't distinguish why and how they occur hence the reason for them to be counted as a singular event without sub categories...in other words everyone gets the same punishment regardless of fault. They already do this with bs points, nothing more can or should be done.

Van_Hellsing

It would help if R* would not send a message to everybody "Invite to heist" if it is the first setup mission. And limit the payout of finale hoppers to 15%.

People quitting is a pain in the ass

One thing that could be implemented that would discourage players who only want to farm the finales is base the payouts for the finale on the setups each player has helped that HOST complete, if a player has helped complete 3 or more setups give the host the ability to set that players percentage to what ever they want, If a player has completed only 2 setups with that host cap the payout at 15 -20% max if the finale is the only part of the heist the player has played with the host then his/her percentage should be a locked 10%

Nuclearsniper

no and to OP Git Gud Internet

Seriously though his internet probably is Sh*t (I Know from experience :( ...) or it could be nat types conflicting or just the peer to peer system their are no servers...

How to prevent people from quitting your heist ?

Give the newly joined player a minute to decide if he/she wants to stay before the host hits launch.

There are numerous reasons why some of us quit your heists and or their set-ups. We do not like the role we are given.....we do not like the level difficulty.....we do not like waiting through an hour long fashion show because the host refused to set heist clothing to "player saved outfits"......because no one has mic's turned on.......because there is an annoying squeaker in the group......because crew members are clueless.....there are too many low level crew members......we do not like the pay-out.....or we do not like that particular set-up......or a combination of all of the above.

There is no real way of knowing if a player will quit, when a player is going to quit or why a player quits. To punish said player for justifiably quitting should not be held against them. I personally try to stick them out, but I am not sticking around when I can see failure before we even begin. I am not wasting my time, and if the host gives me a minute before pressing launch to decide of I want to stay, then I would not waste the hosts time either.

A lot of us use the on-call feature and too many hosts mash that launch button before we make it through the door, so some of you are bringing this on yourselves.

And lastly, you want to keep your heist crew together......make friends.....do not use randoms, problem solved.

• Like 2

^^ do not press continue when a player has just joined, give them time to decide if they want the job (also to buy armour !!)

personally i dont understand why they did not anticipate somebody leaving in setup, because of role or share , why isnt this all in One single session , why must the whole group be dismantled , exiting to new session ..wait for invite ..join invite session and again join setup session

the amount of network traffic could probably have been half or even less if they had just really thought about it :(

*also we should have had the option to join all lobby's "on call"

*whats the point of queuing when there is no message to host/crew that when 1 leaves it aint over

Edited by PSplayer

Yes, that's just what this game is lacking - more pointless stats for people to pass judgment on others, some of whom are just trying to enjoy playing a game online.

Do we really need more elitism in GTAO?

Yes, that's just what this game is lacking - more pointless stats for people to pass judgment on others, some of whom are just trying to enjoy playing a game online.

Do we really need more elitism in GTAO?

Hosts want it, albeit hidden under some stats, so they can spew their sh*t - "but you DONT DESERVE 15%, cos you have 50% left stats". Right now they can only grasp at straws, with their 55% crap and their only excuse: "you iz a hopper! you no pay above 1% ye scrub!". Furthermore, our beloved OP is likely butthurt because people leave his lobby, conventiently forgetting the pay cuts and his general behaviour. He simply wants the other 3 players to be punished for HIS bad manners :) .

*Host sets pays to 25% all around*

*Everybody clicks ready*

*Host tries to cut to 5%*

*3 players quit*

'AHA! I knew it! Dem quitters iz no good for nuttin`!!!!one1eleven'

And of course it won`t be used this way and never be exploited by all the assholes that almost say we are lucky to get paid anyway, on a finale... no sir! Never ever and ever, like... ever!!! And this doesn`t even count for the pissed host that will kick everybody because they didn`t agree the 15%, just to give them bad stats. And no, NOBODY will ever know if a kick was because of the host or the player, so it`s just the roll of the dice.

Edited by Phyxsius-

I leave heists all the time if I'm in the loading screen and it's 3 guys under level 60 and me f*cking right I'm quitting. I also refuse to do some setups like the vans setup for pacific almost no one understands driver/navigator role.