2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

why is new gen console GTA online different from old gen?

Angie94

I don't own a next gen console but ive seen some videos about the customization and my question is is why in the new gen game can u change ur female characters hair color for example to a dark brown and there lip color to a light pink but cant in the old gens gta? like in the old gen consoles game the brown looks more like a dark blonde to light brown and wen u change makeup everything is preset and u cant change a specific part. in my opinion that's stupid. I think both games should be exactly the same only difference should be graphics. does anyone have any reasons why rockstar did this and are they going to change the old gens game to match the new gens game as far as customization goes?

if that's the case then how did the creators of saints row make their customization so in-depth?

Ai®a©ob®a

if that's the case then how did the creators of saints row make their customization so in-depth?

It's more or less about exclusiveness than console limitations.

so pretty much to make people wanna buy it more?

Edited by Angie94

Ai®a©ob®a

so pretty much to make people wanna buy it more?

Basically yeah more customization if you upgrade just like Dukes and other items are exclusive.

• Like 2

GamesBoy316

It could be because of console limitations as well. Remember, the game is huge.

• Like 2

why should NG be limited because "both games should be the same?"

Thats severely undermining the capabilities of NG because a select number of people did not upgrade

NG gets more features because it can handle those features. Hell, GTA V takes 5 minutes to load on LG as it is and is a huge game.

• Like 1

Grumpy-Goat-

If you think it's console limitations you are foolish. People need the reason to buy the game again... They need to provide desirable additions and differences for that to happen. Customization is always a huge sell factor.

It's marketing, it's always about marketing. You young folks need to learn that fast, the sooner you do the less susceptible to being screwed over you will be.

• Like 2

DrunkGamer

If you think it's console limitations you are foolish. People need the reason to buy the game again... They need to provide desirable additions and differences for that to happen. Customization is always a huge sell factor.

It's marketing, it's always about marketing. You young folks need to learn that fast, the sooner you do the less susceptible to being screwed over you will be.

Yup but it's not just one or the other it's both, I hope you know that, if the last gen consoles could handle the customization options that are on new gen like the hair dye, better character customization, the eye contacts etc etc then rockstar would have to come up with other way to sell their game on new gen like adding in new weapons, new cars not just better graphics and a fps mode, you're right it's about marketing but that's only the half of it it also has to do with console limitations, the ps3 and 360 are ten year old hardware. Edited by DrunkGamer

I can't agree that hair and lipstick colors are for marketing appeal. It is console limitations. There's actually a wider range of colors and higher contrast ratios available on next gen consoles, so that's probably the answer to you original question, OP.

JoeFury1997

On old gen every other player had really bad textures when they had tattoos and t shirts with logos. Imagine if people could have body hair and highlights on last gen, I doubt it would the same quality as it is on current gen. Glad that they took the time to address certain customisation limitations on next gen.

PKFillmore

Lots of ppl are saying console limitations. Which I agree.

The game is not only HUGE but it is very demanding to the CPU and GPU. One little change like hair colour could crash the whose system.

Bungie had problems upgrading Destiny's vault because of this as well, they had to cut down on a lot of features on last gen because too much was going on.

PS3 / 360 are 10 years old, 10 Years of tech differences is huggge

DrunkGamer

I don't know why but I feel like you were being a bit condescending with that last sentence. Not all of us young folk are idiots, some of us can see marketing strategies from miles away but if they work like how the fps mode convinced me to get the game for the xbone then you can't say they didn't do their job. Also like I said before console limitations also plays a huge role in remakes or rereleases for a game on a better plateform.

Grumpy-Goat-

I never said all young people are idiots. Don't twist it kid.

It's most likely that they never planned to have those features when the PS3 version was released. GTAO was experimental, with massive bugs and server issues during its release. Now that they released GTA V for current gen it's been much more stable (matchmaking is still **** but faster load times and better quality) and they provided extra character customization as an incentive for upgrading or coming back into a more refined experience of GTAO.

EEDDDWWWAARRRD

Last gen was also a bit of a beta. Rockstar took the opportunity with new gen to correct and add-on stuff that they were unable to change on last gen.

DirtyWorka

Because new gen is more superior in every way. Unless we're talking about pc because otherwise pc puts consoles to shame.

Console limitations.

Changing the color of your character's hair, or make up has nothing to do with console limitations.

Edited by J Cobra

Shadowfennekin

Saints Row is on a different engine than RAGE. Impossible to compare features with the others.

• 1 month later...
Sentinel Driver

Next gen consoles and expecially pc pwns all last gen consoles that's why. I have a better question and it is Why are people so dumb? I once saw someone comment in youtube "rockstar will you give me first person in xbox 360 my gamertag is (something)"

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Well...PS3 and Xbox360 are using (around) ten year old hardware to run this game.

Like someone said above, it's console limitations. GTA 5 on last gen was already pushing the limits on the consoles and if they were to add more features, the console probably couldn't handle it. Another reason, someone said above, Marketing. Marketing is another huge reason. Someone isn't going to buy the same game twice that has the same features on a new console...Of course there's going to be exclusive stuff for the people who bought it again.

Basically, I'm summing up what others have said.

Console limitations.

Changing the color of your character's hair, or make up has nothing to do with console limitations.

Since we are on gta forums I just want to make clear I'm not Insulting your intelligence, I'm only asking out of curiosity... have you created a character or edited their appearance on PS4/XBOX1/PC??

All those extra things you can do in the barber shop stem from what you can do in the appearance editor. It's not just hair color and make up you can change.. you can change the opacity of hair color/make up, but there's also skin textures, blemishes, you can customize jaw line, cheek bones, lip size, eye width and color, curvature in nose, all sorts of sh*t... I don't believe last gen could ever be capable of such, and I have gta on 3 different platforms including last gen...

I don't own a next gen console but ive seen some videos about the customization and my question is is why in the new gen game can u change ur female characters hair color for example to a dark brown and there lip color to a light pink but cant in the old gens gta? like in the old gen consoles game the brown looks more like a dark blonde to light brown and wen u change makeup everything is preset and u cant change a specific part. in my opinion that's stupid. I think both games should be exactly the same only difference should be graphics. does anyone have any reasons why rockstar did this and are they going to change the old gens game to match the new gens game as far as customization goes?

Because all they care about is packing their graphics.

FrugalDangerMan

Because all they care about is packing their graphics.

That sounds dirty...

The only thing good about Saints Row was the character customisation....rest of the later games were absolute bollocks...Ref the difference,next gen consoles are vastly more powerful and can handle the extra DLC ,old gen can't ,it would break the game,Rockstar have stated this many times.

Edited by bronzeboyxx