3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

sjaak327

Simple Trainer for GTAV

shonen

hey can you change the CLEAR_PLAYER_WANTED_LEVEL to i think its like SET_MAX_WANTED_LEVEL(0) for the never wanted option? the former causes flashing of the stars when im in a restricted area like fort zancudo. It was like this too in arewenotmen's ENT but he eventually fixed it.

Thanks!

sjaak327

^ pretty sure I am using that native instead of clear wanted level. Will have to check it.

shonen

oh and i forgot. the freeze wanted level does not work properly (i think it doesn't) because i froze it to 1 star but got 3 after i shot a cop.

Thanks again!

RainingAcid

Spawning a random attacking ped always spawns in a boat.

BunnyPig

This is awesome! Loving every little detail!

The only thing I can find is spelling errors which I don't really mind! :cookie: Cookie for you sjaak!

RainingAcid

I have a suggestion if it's possible. I would love it for bodyguards to fly planes or helicopters.

sjaak327

Spawning a random attacking ped always spawns in a boat.

You need to set the vehicle in drive options menu which is on the bodyguard menu page :)

The option to set a vehicle via ini and load that everytime isn't enabled yet.

jippa_lippa

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you man!

I have been eager to shoot some sweet machinimas in GTA V but couldn't because the modding scene was still undeveloped.

I have spent 6 full years with IV's Simple Trainer and with this one i'll feel right at home!

Small question:

Is this trainer an exact port of the IV one, or does it feature new options tailored to V? Thanks

Edited by jippa_lippa

sjaak327

It does contain specific V features, off the top off my head, the Vehicle Mod Menu, V neons, the Weapons color and attachments and the car color menu that is tailed to V specifically and is totally revamped.

Also stuff like unlimited ability which didn't apply to IV.

Abadede

Good to see you back! Your trainer is why I still play and enjoy GTA 4 daily.

Requests:

Please add a wanted_down option

Disable helicopters option

As 'Shonen' said, freeze wanted level does not work. The wanted level status doesn't stick; It goes up as you cause more trouble.

Is it possible for you to make an option to disable the music that starts when one gets a three star wanted level (I hate that crap)?

What does 'no_sound' stop ('cause I still hear everything. And it doesn't stop the three-star-wanted-level music.)?

GroveStGTAV

-Bodyguards dont following me with bikes. Fix it

-Add Reverse "The Hotel Assassination" option. Just like reverse Roman's Sorrow. 'Cause i want come back to my Denises crib in strawberry

Edited by GroveStGTAV

LoreLegend

Simple Native Trainer is great but I have a couple of things to say about it that I experienced so far.

If you clear your wanted level when you have bodyguards the police will still go after the bodyguards and the police will keep shooting.

Sirens aren't working if I have vehicle godmode enabled

Simple native trainer causes my radio station to stay frozen at Non-stop-Pop FM

LeonEma

was looking at how can change car engine sound and...

found this

FLAG_DISABLE_THROUGH_WINDSCREEN

hope that could help...

maybe could be useful for set car seatbelt ;)

sjaak327

@lorelegend, check ini is defaultradio set to 1 ? If so, change it to 0.

FixingG00D

^I am sure I added animations save slots, and I'm pretty sure they are on the same menu ?

Regarding clothing save slots, that's already been requested and will add a few more, when I get back.

@fixingGood, some thought provoking comments you made there, as to the scripts, I am not certain, but I would be very surprised if we cannot load or unload game scripts at will, as I said I did do this on serveral options on the IV trainer, from the top of my head, for phone sleep, for any mission script (now removed from trainer as R provides this functionality), police stuff and internet (also removed due to mobile phone).

As I said in the interiors thread (a subject very dear to me by the way, I love interiors, wish I had more time to persue them) we just need to find the right script that is responsible for a certain action (in this case the inability to use guns in a safehouse) and then unload or reload those scripts depending on whatever the user selected.

As to the possibilities you talk about, I have been too focused on this trainer to even explore such opportunities, so cannot make an honest assessment at this point in time.

I wrote quite a long post last night on an animation menu suggestion using unique numeric ids for every animation string, but just wondered a couple of technical things before going into it.

Is the animation source list you have used to populate the animation menu, the same thing as this one http://www.gta5-mystery-busters.onet.domains/tools/anims.phpor a better ordered / categorised version? That worktools one looks like each string contains the animation library name + animation name.

Is it technicaly possible from a mod menu to enter text into a text input field and it part word searches / filters all items in that menu to either filter / isolate or navigate to any matching items?

e.g user enters the word "smoke" in text field and it hides any items that do not contain smoke in the string, but leaves all strings that do. e.g [email protected][email protected]_flick smoke_flick or alternativly jumps to the 1/ however many items that contain the part word "smoke" in the menu.

sjaak327

I am not using that list. I have a struct containing over 13K animations in the format animationdict, animationname.

you first request the anim dict, and then play the animname.

Regarding that search function, I would assume one would enter the text "smoke" and it would return any animname that has smoke in the name , with the correspoing dict, so they can be played right from search result window.

WildBrick142

Some issues: Post OP Boxville (boxville4) is called "La Mesa" in the menu and the Go Go Monkey Blista is listed in Compacts class instead of Sports class where the stock version (Blista Compact) is. Also the outfit saving does not save shirt overlays (both model and texture) and glasses texture properly.

Anyway, great work :^: Was looking forward to see your Simple Native Trainer ever since V modding began. The game is a lot more fun now.

jomoe

when using the bodyguard godmode the spawned attacking peds are in god mode aswell they just go at it lol.. forever untill i dismiss them.is this intended?

sjaak327

Yep, godmode applies to all peds you spawn.

Some issues: Post OP Boxville (boxville4) is called "La Mesa" in the menu and the Go Go Monkey Blista is listed in Compacts class instead of Sports class where the stock version (Blista Compact) is. Also the outfit saving does not save shirt overlays (both model and texture) and glasses texture properly.

Anyway, great work :^: Was looking forward to see your Simple Native Trainer ever since V modding began. The game is a lot more fun now.

I am pretty sure I followed the game, when in game the game tells me something is compact or sports I have put them in that category. One of those blistas is a sports car (according to the ingame message, then it is a sports car for me :)

The names also been taken from the same ingame message.

It might be that I accidentially messed a few up, so will double check.

a_tavenner

I wrote quite a long post last night on an animation menu suggestion using unique numeric ids for every animation string, but just wondered a couple of technical things before going into it.

Is the animation source list you have used to populate the animation menu, the same thing as this one http://www.gta5-mystery-busters.onet.domains/tools/anims.phpor a better ordered / categorised version? That worktools one looks like each string contains the animation library name + animation name.

Is it technicaly possible from a mod menu to enter text into a text input field and it part word searches / filters all items in that menu to either filter / isolate or navigate to any matching items?

e.g user enters the word "smoke" in text field and it hides any items that do not contain smoke in the string, but leaves all strings that do. e.g [email protected][email protected]_flick smoke_flick or alternativly jumps to the 1/ however many items that contain the part word "smoke" in the menu.

I am not using that list. I have a struct containing over 13K animations in the format animationdict, animationname.

Regarding that search function, I would assume one would enter the text "smoke" and it would return any animname that has smoke in the name , with the correspoing dict, so they can be played right from search result window.

A potential problem being that searches like "idle" would return a ridiculous amount of animations, crowding the screen. This could be solved by keeping the one-anim-at-a-time browsing UI that is already in place. All the information is loaded in the background, but the user can only see one anim at a time using the 4 and 6 numpad keys to browse through search results. Are you interested in implementing that?

Edited by a_tavenner

sjaak327

I guess that might indeed be the best solution to that problem. I guess the search result would return in such a way that I can dynamically let people scroll through the results.

a_tavenner

I guess that might indeed be the best solution to that problem. I guess the search result would return in such a way that I can dynamically let people scroll through the results.

It would be a wonderful feature. One could both retrieve a specific animation without writing its full name and explore only animations containing certain traits (such as "facial").

Speaking of which, there's a considerably more difficult feature that I don't know if you'd be interested in working on at some point(I know there's other priorities right now with the trainer as a whole), but it doesn't hurt to mention it in case it's easier to do than it sounds to me. So, just to throw the idea out there: making multiple animations playable simultaneously. For instance, all animations that affect only the character's face could affect only the face, leaving the player free to move their character around or play a body animation along with the facial animation. Same would go for animations that affect only a limb (like gestures) or the upper body, although I think those are much trickier. Independent facial animations alone would be an amazing feature, and they shouldn't be too hard to categorize since I think all of them have "facial" somewhere in the dict name. Would you consider that doable? Again, not wanting to crowd you with suggestions, just throwing ideas out there. :)

FixingG00D

Right. Would search filter be possible in an update?

I'm not sure my idea would work now if the animnam and animation dictionary are seperated in the menu but I had looked at that gta workspace list where both were on the same line and thought what if a unique 5 digit prefix could be assigned before each entire string (dict+ animationname) using Notepad++ as this can be automated.

so for example

00001: [email protected]@[email protected]@ static

>

>

13000: [email protected] walk_addit walk_addit

Then in the menu where you have 12 animation slots, in each slot item you could just type any 5 digit number in the range of 00001 to 13000 to arrive at the corresponding full animation string so that navigation is easier. Kinda like an anchor. Then you can keep scrolling next or back from that point in the menu.

A database online or included as a document with the mod could then contain an ordered list of these digit codes along with their corresponding string. The advantages being it is simple to type in to get to a specific animation or to the start of a certain range of animations but it also simple to note down these 5 digit codes when sharing or discussing ideas with other people (thinking in mind for video projects).

This in conjunction with being able to part word search would be useful, although i magine this might need to search the word in both dictionary name and animation name. This is because a dictionary name might contain the word you searched but the animation name does not, or vice versa.

So the menu might look like:

Ped Animation Menu

Animation 1:

>

>

Animation 12: 72565: [email protected]@on_clubchair switch_on_clubchair_base_cam

As every string (dictname+animationname) when combined together is unique, along with its unique numeric prefix, it would be very simple to just go down to animation 12 and type the number e.g 72565 or part word search e.g "club" or "chair". If someone asked in the forums what was that certain animation, it is easy to reply with "72565"

Obviously number keys are currently in use in your trainer menus but i didn't know if a modifier key such as shift + number key, or selecting a text input box to type in numbers could work.

I'll admit I might be completly misunderstanding something about how exactly these commands are executed after selecting from menu, but maybe the above could be applied to dictionary names if both parts need to be seperate.

Maybe its a bad idea but i can't think anyone will ever go through 13000 animations trying to order them into sub menu categoies, There is a lot to browse through now, and typing the actual full strings isn't ideal. I wondered if this in any way helps solve that?

(Sorry everyone for the loooong post)

FixingG00D

It would be a wonderful feature. One could both retrieve a specific animation without writing its full name and explore only animations containing certain traits (such as "facial").

Speaking of which, there's a considerably more difficult feature that I don't know if you'd be interested in working on at some point(I know there's other priorities right now with the trainer as a whole), but it doesn't hurt to mention it in case it's easier to do than it sounds to me. So, just to throw the idea out there: making multiple animations playable simultaneously. For instance, all animations that affect only the character's face could affect only the face, leaving the player free to move their character around or play a body animation along with the facial animation. Same would go for animations that affect only a limb (like gestures) or the upper body, although I think those are much trickier. Independent facial animations alone would be an amazing feature, and they shouldn't be too hard to categorize since I think all of them have "facial" somewhere in the dict name. Would you consider that doable? Again, not wanting to crowd you with suggestions, just throwing ideas out there. :)

Agreed on both things. I think most people will start by typing in words such as "party" "smoke" "angry" "drunk" "DJ" "Airguitar" then from that point onwards, try and narrow down to suitable animations if they exist.

Funny you mention about simultaneous animations. I wrote a question in the actor manager gta5 mods comments about this today. It looks like the game might script multi animation strings simultaneously for npcs and characters i.e an npc woman you follow will visibly walk faster and keep turning her head looking scared. Its like body and facial animations can be played simultaneously.

Wouldn't this be the best! Have an actor do an action but look angry or sad, or their eyes looking to the right at another spawned ped etc.

I tried to figure how i could make a BF/GF look like they are having an argument in the street for that wavves video then realised the problems with only playing a single animation at a time.

I suspect this is a difficult feature to implement.

a_tavenner

Agreed on both things. I think most people will start by typing in words such as "party" "smoke" "angry" "drunk" "DJ" "Airguitar" then from that point onwards, try and narrow down to suitable animations if they exist.

Funny you mention about simultaneous animations. I wrote a question in the actor manager gta5 mods comments about this today. It looks like the game might script multi animation strings simultaneously for npcs and characters i.e an npc woman you follow will visibly walk faster and keep turning her head looking scared. Its like body and facial animations can be played simultaneously.

They can. There are animations exclusive to the upper body, specific limbs and facial expressions. Common these days, and the Euphoria engine does this especially well. But no idea on how hard it is to get the animations to play together, and to preserve player movement on animations that don't use the lower body. The TransmetTeamTrainer, despite being a catastrophic UI mess in the animations submenu, somehow allows you to control your rotation while playing an animation, which I found surprising. So we know that that much shouldn't be a challenge, but simultaneous animations, I don't know about.

LeitoPL

Hmm... What's up with speech/talk option for peds and player? Are they exist? Or you're going to add this options in future?

Edited by LeitoPL

sonnybarnett

I have some questions.

1. Will be there an option to change "walk style" like it was in GTA IV?

2. Is it possible to change distance between me and my bodyguard? He should walk next to me but he is far behind me.

3. When i have bodyguard a i change my Player Model, the bodyguard is leaving me so is there an possibility to fix that?

Thanks for the answer . I hope you'll understand me :)

Edited by sonnybarnett

sjaak327

1) I might add that if time permits

2) Not at the moment, I think there was something like that in IV, not sure

3) done specifically. Player model changes with bodyguard=crash, so I simply dismiss them once you do that.

@leitoPL, I thought the voices/speech system in the IV trainer was one of the best features in that trainer. But such a feature only shines if there is content. Gaining that content in IV was still time consuming but possible due to some great guy extracting all speeches names from xbox files in IV (derplaya). In V, I don't think anyone bothered, so the speech system was the first to be scrapped.

I might add a limited speech function with some speeches I can find using scripts, but having all of them (like in IV trainer) might be some time off, if ever.

Edited by sjaak327

FixingG00D

They can. There are animations exclusive to the upper body, specific limbs and facial expressions. Common these days, and the Euphoria engine does this especially well. But no idea on how hard it is to get the animations to play together, and to preserve player movement on animations that don't use the lower body. The TransmetTeamTrainer, despite being a catastrophic UI mess in the animations submenu, somehow allows you to control your rotation while playing an animation, which I found surprising. So we know that that much shouldn't be a challenge, but simultaneous animations, I don't know about.

Interesting. I guess some scripts from the game need to be examinded somehow to see how they cue and execute multiple animations at the same time, from different animation dictionaries e.g facial and body gestures.

Implementing a similar thing like jedijoshs ped talk during the animations could help stop that weird vacant look on characters faces. The more i think of potential feature ideas for the animation side, the more i realise how consuming it will likely be for modders. I hope they get there one day.

The Duke of Rockford

Do you think you could add in ability to spawn cops in cars like when you contact emergency service or on wanted level? It get a bit frustrating to not see much police presence outside of LS downtown area, even though that's probably reflective of LAPD's notoriously lower than optimal police-to-residents ratio. This is especially when I want to spawn combat peds at different places and hope there will be cops nearby to engage in battle with them.

Otherwise, there is probably a mod out there to increase police presence all over the world but I have no idea where to look.