3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

sjaak327

Simple Trainer for GTAV

WANTZiN

Am I blind or is the teleport option for the stunt jumps missing?

Gravarty

All 3. Players are not in the Bodyguard list.

sjaak327

yeah, that is due to a last minute change on the model selection, I forgot about them :)

will be fixed.

MatCampbell

Is there an option to add the custom tyres? i can't find it in the car mod menu.

sjaak327

what custom tyres ? You mean the tyres with logos on them ? press num 5 as explained in the menu text.

_MK_

Man about that shortcut option,is it possible ?

Also,is there a way to change the font size ? they're very small,thanks to DSR.

My apologies for asking about this twice,it's just that you didn't reply me the first time.

Edited by _MK_

BreakLux

Sjaak, is there an option to change the rim color to chrome / or on chrome wheels to any other color? Couldn't get that to work.

sjaak327

probably not, I have not done anything with mod colors. Are these possible on all mods or just a few specific ones ?

wheel colors should work I would think, they did with testing ?

The Duke of Rockford

It would be very convenient if you could add F4 key for hide menu like in GTA IV trainer, so that way I don't have to click several times to get back to a submenu after I closed the trainer menu but otherwise, I like how trainer worked out.

WANTZiN

It would be very convenient if you could add F4 key for hide menu like in GTA IV trainer, so that way I don't have to click several times to get back to a submenu after I closed the trainer menu but otherwise, I like how trainer worked out.

I agree. Miss that option.

ssalil

@RobGTAIV yeah this is by design currently. If I have some more time, I can maybe make it remember the actual page, but for now this is how it is supposed to work.

@ssalil, not sure why using a numbering scheme from 1 to the highest possible mod per category isn't anything but simple. All of the mods are numbered from 1 to the highest possible number, and I don't know or care that 1 is a low end spoiler and 4 is a high end spoiler, the same with the clothes. Do you have any idea of the amount of work involved to solve this cosmetic issue ?

Also did you not read the OP, where I specifically noted that this is beta and some features (including save settings ingame and customization of the ini) have not been done yet. SO yeah I understand and aknowledge that some settings are great to have in the ini, and they will come in due time.

Calm down, I just requested changing numbers into text because cannot understand myself & find it very difficult to understand which number stands for or does what in the respective mod option, if you don't wanna do it, don't. I will still like & appreciate your work, and related to that request of adding the ability function in ini, myself said that it may be in the next or after that when you get time to implement more fetures in your trainer.

sjaak327

I am perfectly calm of course, I always am. Just pointing out that some stuff might be nice to have, but don't really add a whole lot to the functionality. I did see a native to get text for mods, but knowing rockstar it will probably return a few unusable strings, if that happens, I won't bother.

MercilessMing

Sjaak327,

First, a tremendous thank you for releasing the beta on Memorial Day to showcase a sample of all the hard work you've put in thus far in converting over the Simple Native Trainer from GTA IV to GTA V. After having a chance to test the beta release, v0.9, I'm astonished at the amount of progress you've already made thus far, in such a short time, especially with reoccurring Rockstar patches and updates that could break ScriptHook, requiring IDing new hashes.

Although it’s a beta, and has some obvious features missing from the legacy trainer, here' a list of comments I compiled, in no particular order, some of them may have been repeated from prior posts in this thread:

Sjaak327's SNT Beta 0.9 GTA V - QUICK REVIEW/GENERAL COMMENTS

1.) Missing Initialization Parameters/Settings

Have more customization/initialization parameters in the .ini file that launches with the game rather than having to re-toggle them in game play.

2.) Missing Hot Keys Assignment

Technically part of 1.), but I definitely miss the hot key functionality without going into the menu. In my typical game play, I remember from the legacy trainer using these hot keys nearly all the time: toggling bullet time/slow motion (25%, 50%, 75%), spawning and dismissing body guards, teleporting to marker on map, fix/clean car, lock/unlock car doors, explosion on player, and exploding nearest vehicle(s) for example, and the lack of them was apparent when testing the beta, the lag induced in game play, as I had to navigate and find them in the menu.

4.) Missing Teleport Locations/Sceneries

Having used other trainers up to this point, I do find it interesting to explore sceneries post 100% completion areas like North Yankton, UFO, Tracy's Yacht, not sure if you can gain permission from other developers. Looks like you have majority if not all the 100% completion criteria locations, which thankfully speeds up a second play through. However, it would be nice to have more locations marked, miscellaneous missions and non-mission locations, Trevor’s bail bonds, Nuclear Waste, etc, in some future release.

5.) Missing Seatbelt

No falling off or out of bikes and cars.

4.) User Interface (UI) Navigation Comment

I haven't played GTA IV w/ the SNT in a while, so I have to get used to the browsing the options again, but I caught myself trying to move across column of options, i.e. 20 Slots of Saved Cars/Spawn Cars, Numpad 4 and 6 (left and right), rather than thinking of it as a long list, and navigating up and down only (Numpad 8 and 2).

5.) Fix Car GodMode w/ Emergency Siren

With car Godmode enable, the emergency siren doesn't sound on; horn can still be heard when pressed though. I hope there is another way of implementing vehicle godMode, as other devs have found, but still allow the emergency siren to sound. Actually this beta SNT method inadvertently can be a good feature, but for those people that role play emergency responders, LCPDFR, it's nice to not always running "Code 3" with lights and sirens, but have emergency lights only.

6.) More Saved Slots for Clothing

Is it possible to increase the number of slots for clothing? With three main protagonists and body guards, it would be nice to have more slots available, so we can load various customized presets. Five slots were fine for Niko, but definitely need more for Michael, Franklin and Trevor.

I don't want to be too critical or demanding, because obviously this is only a beta release, allowing us to preview and test the current progress - so I wanted to say thank you once more and that we appreciate all the hard work, time, and energy you've devoted in thus far and in the future.

I’m definitely excited and look forward to future iterations incorporating greater functionality, most of all what the GTA machinima/role playing community can do now that SNT is about to be fully released!

Cheers,

MM

FixingG00D

I've updated the mod guys.

Excellent update.

I still wonder, can you remove the fact that you can't use a weapon inside main character houses ? (michael, trevor etc)

It seems that you only can in director mode.

According to funmw2, it's a game script that disables them, not a function, so I don't think there's a way :(

You can unload game scripts, that's how I did the phone sleep mode in GTAIV, so now you just need to find the right script :)

You can also reload the scripts on the fly as well.

@sjaak327 - I noticed this in the open all interiors mod topic (does this trainer have or plan to include all those interiors in that mod, including ones hidden like bahama mamas?) No problem if not.

Your comment about unloading game scripts is something I had thought about since before the game was released on pc, but i'm no modder...

I got the impression that Rockstar deliberately created some scripts that kept the game's three main characters away from each other when not on a mission or hanging out. Likely for narrative / realism purposes.

Could a modder, in theory be able to disable/ unload these certain scripts in the game that cause those characters to walk or drive off from each other when they encounter each other in the map, not on a mission e.g "we'll hang out another time franklin" "Stop following me" or scripts that cause them to get upset if you hit them.

The reason i ask this is, wouldn't it then be possible to have M, F and Trevor all meet at the same place, without any constraints and use the game's switch mechanic between all three. This would be instant no loading in the same area right?

Could you then not use trainers to alter skins of the three to completly be different, like you already can with mod trainers on your player?

I only ask this (not requesting btw) because it has been on my mind since the gta v mods got going. This would give huge amounts of control, especialy if the two characters not controlled by player but AI, could do "simple" routines like they do on mission e.g Stay there, follow player (on foot and vehicle), protect player, drive, do animation, talk, follow waypoints, etc.

Seems like there would be scope to develop this while maintaning the switch mechanic, so you could switch to character A and set his ai behaviours from a menu, then switch to character B and character A would follow those set behaviours.

I think of it like having three bodyguards / actors that you can switch between at any time, then AI takes over.

Not trying to go offtopic here, more interested in what you think regarding this?. I imagine this is more possible than spawning bodyguards and being able to use switch mechanic to change to them, as the switch mechanic seems deep rooted with the three protaganists.

RoboticGamer123

Hey there is it possible to save animations like I can save vehicles or save peds models I wanna save certain animation can you do that is it possible? Also can you add more save options with peds I wanna save a lot of peds, since this game has more peds then gta iv.

Edited by RoboticGamer123

sjaak327

^I am sure I added animations save slots, and I'm pretty sure they are on the same menu ?

Regarding clothing save slots, that's already been requested and will add a few more, when I get back.

@fixingGood, some thought provoking comments you made there, as to the scripts, I am not certain, but I would be very surprised if we cannot load or unload game scripts at will, as I said I did do this on serveral options on the IV trainer, from the top of my head, for phone sleep, for any mission script (now removed from trainer as R provides this functionality), police stuff and internet (also removed due to mobile phone).

As I said in the interiors thread (a subject very dear to me by the way, I love interiors, wish I had more time to persue them) we just need to find the right script that is responsible for a certain action (in this case the inability to use guns in a safehouse) and then unload or reload those scripts depending on whatever the user selected.

As to the possibilities you talk about, I have been too focused on this trainer to even explore such opportunities, so cannot make an honest assessment at this point in time.

Edited by sjaak327

Donnster123

Can i make a suggestion? I was going to say can you add a feature for the ped spawn menu can you please add this feature were you can pick who is driving the car like if you had a massive police chase for the director mode can you make it that you can make a police man drive that car and have a feature if his sirens are on or off?

xXSimonGhostxX

Hey m8 can you add to the config file where we can disable the binds? they are annyoing to me.

Inadequate

Amazing!

sjaak327

@xXSimonGhostxX not nearly as annoying as you asking the question twice, whilst it already has been answered a few pages ago :)

in the ini search for disablekeybinds=0 and change the value to 1.

FixingG00D

I appreciate your reply. Feel free to drop that to other modders (or if they are reading). I just hoped one day / month or year from now we might eventualy see mods incorporate and build upon the solid switch mechanic which is at the core of gta v.

Glad this mod is your focus though. I never played IV on pc but i keep reading comments that your mod for that was "legendry". I think i'll prefer fewer but really great mods like this. I can't keep track of all the new ones at the moment.

Edited by FixingG00D

Craigsters

|REL] Script Hook V - GTA V by Alexander Blade uses F4 and it's my understanding that ST V this trainer is dependent on it or one of it's three files to work, so changing or adding F4 would make AB trainer unusable, I still use AB trainer for smaller tasks

The Duke of Rockford

Question: How would Never Wanted affect the first heists mission? Based on reading the strategy guide, it sounds like being wanted is required for mission to progress near the end.

|REL] Script Hook V - GTA V by Alexander Blade uses F4 and it's my understanding that ST V this trainer is dependent on it or one of it's three files to work, so changing or adding F4 would make AB trainer unusable, I still use AB trainer for smaller tasks

I guess another key, then? Also, AB trainer is, to my knowledge, intended to be a sample ASI plugin to show off how the ScriptHook works. According to Mr. Blade:

This distrib also includes a sample asi plugin - native trainer, if you need the trainer then copy NativeTrainer.asi as well.

In other words, not intended for use as a regular trainer and I doubt will be expanded in future.

Craigsters

Question: How would Never Wanted affect the first heists mission? Based on reading the strategy guide, it sounds like being wanted is required for mission to progress near the end.

I guess another key, then? Also, AB trainer is, to my knowledge, intended to be a sample ASI plugin to show off how the ScriptHook works. According to Mr. Blade:

This distrib also includes a sample asi plugin - native trainer, if you need the trainer then copy NativeTrainer.asi as well.

In other words, not intended for use as a regular trainer and I doubt will be expanded in future.

I meant AB asiloader and or dinput8.dll or even ScriptHookV.dll, ST V is dependent on one of those three files I was under the impression or understood??

Edited by Craigsters

quechus13

Would it be possible to make the running speed faster than what you did?
This is exactly what I was looking for, for GTA IV but now GTA V it is even better.

Kyle873

Would it be possible to make the running speed faster than what you did?

This is exactly what I was looking for, for GTA IV but now GTA V it is even better.

No. It's a hard-coded limit in the native function itself that nobody's found a way around as far as I know.

Ringo4493

I don't know if it's possible, but I would love to see more than 10 slots to save animations. It seems there is so much more than GTAIV, but that may be me. Great job though. Super impressed!

LeonEma

don't wanna bother you of course... :blush:

but, have you thought about any schedule about next update? :D

since your snt for gta iv i can't live anymore without your trainers :D:D:D

P.S. little request if could be possible... add an hotkey for the phone app savegame?

would be awesome :D

Edited by LeonEma

ssalil

@sjaak327 Sorry at first if this is not the right place to ask but just out of curiousity I am asking that have you tried open interiors mod by new theft? If so, you probably know about the bugs like LSC blips not showing up, or infinite loading screen sometimes or game stuck at cutscene of taking out special vehicles when playing as Trevor, any idea why this is happening? Can you fix it by helping him.