2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Rockstar have never driven a motorbike

Schoe

It seems to be getting worse as the series go on. I've only just now really got into GTA V but I'm disappointed with one aspect of realism they seriously need to work on: motorbikes. That umbrella covers the motorcross, scooter and almost all superbikes besides the sh*tzu.

They sound awful. The scooter especially sounds anything but like a scooter. Vice City provided a decent sound when driving but the current one sound is embarrassing. In regards to superbikes, where is the deep, rocketing sound? Only the sh*tzu comes close to actually representing the real sound - something us bike lovers strive for. Lastly the motorcross needs a deeper sound like that you'd find on a supermoto. It's as if Rockstar has no real idea what a bike sounds like in real life and have gone with some generic sound pulled out of an audio archive.

The handling of the bikes is also beyond unrealistic. This point can be a positive when racing but there is no heaviness in them whatsoever (in regards to superbikes now). They are feather-light and there's honestly not much fun in driving them. A very big failure in my book.

Anyone else feel the same?

• Like 5

universetwisters

I doubt Rockstar ever shot and killed people too, come think of it.

Because the cars handle just like real life, right?

L71cGcK.png

happygrowls

I bet Rockstar never met a Psychopathic Canadian with balding hair either.

It's been a topic that's been talked about many times and there are many varying opinions on it. Some like it, others don't.

Personally I'm still very much not a fan of it. What you said in your OP was pretty much exactly me the first day i played and still am.. They've never done bike sounds right imo, they felt weak in GTA IV and i hoped they would change in V but sadly don't seem to have. And the handling/physics are just atrocious to say the least.. I get why some people could like it though, it's waaay easier than GTA IV with how they're magnitized to the road and don't slide at all, which to some extend you could argue is more realistic.

But personally, i really really miss being able to burn out like in GTA IV and leaning forward to burn out as you drive off and being able to drift. Wheelies also feel a lot more restricting now than they used to be. Shame they took out the challenge in driving in V..

Quite irrelivant seeing how the gunplay is just fine.

• Like 1

PhillBellic

Rockstar never saw this Livery either.

15236039033_016b25672f_b.jpg

Instead they made that horrible POLICE livery for that vehicle.

Apart from that.. this car is ridiculously ugly.

I'd prefer the crown victorias or buffalos they rarely drive. They have a decent paintjob at least..

Edited by ..GhosT
  • Like 2

PhillBellic

Apart from that.. this car is ridiculously ugly.

I'd prefer the crown victorias or buffalos they rarely drive. They have a decent paintjob at least..

The vehicle I posted is the Ford Taurus PI, by the way. :) Yeah, the Vapid CEPI, and Bravado Buffalo PPV look much better.

It seems to be getting worse as the series go on. I've only just now really got into GTA V but I'm disappointed with one aspect of realism they seriously need to work on: motorbikes. That umbrella covers the motorcross, scooter and almost all superbikes besides the sh*tzu.

They sound awful. The scooter especially sounds anything but like a scooter. Vice City provided a decent sound when driving but the current one sound is embarrassing. In regards to superbikes, where is the deep, rocketing sound? Only the sh*tzu comes close to actually representing the real sound - something us bike lovers strive for. Lastly the motorcross needs a deeper sound like that you'd find on a supermoto. It's as if Rockstar has no real idea what a bike sounds like in real life and have gone with some generic sound pulled out of an audio archive.

The handling of the bikes is also beyond unrealistic. This point can be a positive when racing but there is no heaviness in them whatsoever (in regards to superbikes now). They are feather-light and there's honestly not much fun in driving them. A very big failure in my book.

Anyone else feel the same?

u pretty much responded ur own thread lol

• Like 2

Shadowfennekin

Worse? I think it got better. In vanilla IV, if I made the slightest bump into something I got sent flying. It took me HOURS to pass that first bike mission. It did improve in TLaD and I was able to actually use bikes, only crashed once. I never crash in V unless the cops ram into my ass. :p

• Like 2

The bike physics are a huge improvement from 4, but nowhere near as good as GTASA, which is a shame.

The bike physics are a huge improvement from 4, but nowhere near as good as GTASA, which is a shame.

They really aren't, they're widly exaggerated. Bikes shouldn't magnetize to the road or have anywhere near as a tight turning radius as they currently do or have useless handbrakes. It's been dumbed down greatly to appease the masses cus GTA IV "was too hard" read: i suck i want easy mode.

The sweet spot is somewhere inbetween GTA IV and V which i doubt R* will ever achieve.

Edited by Chompster
  • Like 3

universetwisters

Quite irrelivant seeing how the gunplay is just fine.

pOQ3USl.png

I bet Rockstar never met a Psychopathic Canadian with balding hair either.

I bet Rockstar never died either.

That said, the bike physics are a huge improvement over IV's. TLaD were good but overall V has the best bike physics, I love riding them in FPV. They feel faster and more agile IMO, making it a lot of fun to ride them.

• Like 4

They really aren't, they're widly exaggerated. Bikes shouldn't magnetize to the road or have anywhere near as a tight turning radius as they currently do or have useless handbrakes. It's been dumbed down greatly to appease the masses cus GTA IV "was too hard" read: i suck i want easy mode...

^I'll agree that almost every aspect of 5 is dumbed down, but 4's bike physics were incredibly ridiculous.

I grew up around bikes and I've never been on a bike IRL, that handled so insanely, driving at 60Km/h slam on the front brakes and the rear end slides out!? WTF?!

I don't know about TLAD, never played it, but 4 was simply unacceptable and even though 5 is crap, it's still better than 4. If you want to know how a bike handles play GTASA.

The sweet spot is somewhere inbetween GTA IV and V which i doubt R* will ever achieve.

^Play GTASA.

They really aren't, they're widly exaggerated. Bikes shouldn't magnetize to the road or have anywhere near as a tight turning radius as they currently do or have useless handbrakes. It's been dumbed down greatly to appease the masses cus GTA IV "was too hard" read: i suck i want easy mode.

The casuals are destroying your complex adult mature high IQ videogames ?

• Like 2

SuperGTFan

The bike handling was great in TLAD, I wished that in V they made you master the bike skills so it'll be hard for you to fell off the bike and unlock the ability to jump from a bike and landing safely on the ground without a scratch like how it used to happen in TLAD.

RolfStarGames

The casuals are destroying your complex adult mature high IQ videogames ?

YES. :)

Son of Zeus

This 100%.

You'd think that the physics would be much better after 10 years, but nah...

Look at this V fanboys saying that "V bike physics are an improvement from IV"

Sick-Laugh-GIF.gif?gs=a

• Like 7

happygrowls

-snip-

Ever heard of an Opinion?

• Like 3

GtaFanatik

The best sounding bikes in a GTA game are the ones in GTA VC. I still can remember driving the PCJ 600 near to the Malibu Club enjoying the sounds or even taking the Faggio instead of the Rosemberg's Admiral at the first mission. Damn.. those days...

oCrapaCreeper

Sick-Laugh-GIF.gif?gs=a

Because IV had perfect bike handling?

funny-game-glitch-gta=crash.gif

• Like 8

If it was any more realistic it wouldn't be fun...beating the whole purpose of a game.

Go and play a simulator or something.

Vice City criminal

I don't think R* has been in a car chase either

Edited by Vice City criminal

Cutter De Blanc

At max bike skill CJ could literally drive head-on into a wall and not fall off, I don't get why you guys are saying SA's bikes are so good.

• Like 4

CarlitoDorito

The BMX handling in S.A is really bad. It takes so long to turn, i guess it was good when the game was new and they weren't in IV. So they've at least ridden a BMX between S.A and V.

I'm not sure the vehicles are meant to handle realistically.

• Like 2

At max bike skill CJ could literally drive head-on into a wall and not fall off, I don't get why you guys are saying SA's bikes are so good.

I agree, CJ's skills when maxed out made him super human, but that didn't have anything to do with the bike/driving physics or vehicle handling at all.

His skills only became effective during collisions, e.g. with low driving skills the car easily spins out of control if you knock down a lamppost, but with high skills you plow straight through.

The same goes for bikes; with high skills you don't fall off during collisions, but the handling physics were the same from the very beginning.

It's a video game. What more would you want to expect?

Edited by J Cobra