Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,879 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AlSar

III & VC Save File Glitch Detection and Repair

kaetsyth

I played an hour and it works like a charm! Going through slow-motion camera is now possible, switching to frame limiter off too - even though I'm playing with it, it was crashing the game to switch it to off.

Didn't encounter any other bugs, the Police still comes out of corners to catch me like at the north of Sunshine Autos in Little Havana.

Awesome job!

So does this mean that the game is unable to handle properly the timers after 148+ hours ?

Edited by kaetsyth

OrionSR

Yes. All three of the GTA3 era games have serious issues with too much time. IIRC, issues are present at half or even a quarter of the 148 hour mark if you know what to look for. This was the main focus of this topic when it was started. Experts have tried to find a cause within the underlying code but the issue remains a mystery. The only known fix is to reset all the timers in the save. This type of fix has been in place for years for San Andreas, but we still occasionally find another hidden timer buried somewhere in the save. There's a reasonably good chance that I've missed something in VC too. I'm not at all familiar with the details of the game. So keep an eye out for anything odd.

kaetsyth

The save file now has 2 6 hours of playing time and I played some R3 missions, stadium, stunts, and a lot of police chasing, and not a crash. Everything looks fixed and works fine, you did a very nice job.

I have 282 hours on SA, and I don't even have that much traffic bugs, and the game works fine. I guess they used a different timer system on the "stories" spin-offs because I have 532 hours on VCS (originally on PSP, now on PC cause I can't play on the small screen of the PSP anymore) and apart from the known glitches like the garages that don't keep the cars, it works flawlessly.

Edited by kaetsyth

Evil empire

Hello everybody!

Did anyone find a mean to fix the frozen game when you remake a unique stunt after completing the 100%?

Nick007J

Hello everybody!

Did anyone find a mean to fix the frozen game when you remake a unique stunt after completing the 100%?

1) If your frame limiter is off, turning it on might help.

2) If it didn't, and you don't mind using cheats, enter ONSPEED (maybe twice). It will unfreeze the timer. After it you can enter BOOOOOORING to bring speed back to normal.

3) If you don't mind using mods, install SilentPatch. If I remember correctly, if fixes this issue.

4) You can upload your save to gtasnp.com and apply fix 'reset timers'.

Edited by Nick007J

kaetsyth

Hello everybody!

Might be tied to the bug I encountered. How many playing times hours does your save game record?

The SilentPatch doesn't fix the issue regarding timers and the GTASnP function to correct the timers doesn't always work - my save game can't be loaded (see my previous posts).

So if it's tied to your playing time being too high, you have no other choice than resetting the timers in the file. I now have 30+ hours on the savegame (I had 151:47 before the reset) and the game works like a charm.

Nick007J

Hello everybody!

Might be tied to the bug I encountered. How many playing times hours does your save game record?

The SilentPatch doesn't fix the issue regarding timers and the GTASnP function to correct the timers doesn't always work - my save game can't be loaded (see my previous posts).

So if it's tied to your playing time being too high, you have no other choice than resetting the timers in the file. I now have 30+ hours on the savegame (I had 151:47 before the reset) and the game works like a charm.

I checked your statement about SilentPatch. Apparently, it introduces a crash you have encountered! It doesn't seem to be happening in original game, clock simply freezes there. However, unlike original game, between 74.5 hours and 149, game works properly during slo-mo. Also after 149 hours, cheat method doesn't work, so the only solution is fixing timers.

Evil empire

I used some codes in GTA 3 and Vice City. It works in both games! :colgate:

Thanks! 46.gif

Edited by Evil-Empire

Archangel0934

Hi everyone! Can someone help me? I've encountered USJ Camera Freezing Glitch on my GTA: VC save, and fix from http://gtasnp.comdidn't help: the game crash while loading with unhandled exception error. Is there any fix? I'm uploading both save files: before applying the fix, and after it.
Save file before fix: http://gtasnp.com/hveG27
Save file after fix: http://gtasnp.com/7pMeNW
Thanks!

OrionSR

This issue was documented on the previous page. Problems with the SnP repair tool have been brought to the attention of Samutz, the web designer for SnP, but his schedule for upgrades to the site tends to be seasonal. I'll bring the matter to his attention again. I posted an example of the steps required to properly repair a save. If you are highly skilled with a hex editor you might be able to figure it out, but it's far too complex of a procedure for me to do manually for everyone that comes looking.

Edited by OrionSR

Archangel0934

This issue was documented on the previous page. Problems with the SnP repair tool have been brought to the attention of Samutz, the web designer for SnP, but his schedule for upgrades to the site tends to be seasonal. I'll bring the matter to his attention again. I posted an example of the steps required to properly repaired the save. If you are highly skilled with a hex editor you might be able to figure it out, but it's far too complex of a procedure for me to do manually for everyone that comes looking.

Nah, i'm not that good with hex editing. Well, thanks anyway, one day i might try to follow those steps you mentioned to fix the glitch.

Samutz

Hi everyone! Can someone help me? I've encountered USJ Camera Freezing Glitch on my GTA: VC save, and fix from http://gtasnp.comdidn't help: the game crash while loading with unhandled exception error. Is there any fix? I'm uploading both save files: before applying the fix, and after it.

Thanks!

I believe I fixed the problem. I was able to apply the fix and load the save in my retail copy of VC. Please try the fix again with the first file and let me know how it goes.

OrionSR
Block 0: Simple Vars    Subblock B    0x0008  dword    game timer when mission is passed (0318 or 0595), -1 if never passed a mission

I've compared the new fix with the old save and it looks like all of the correct edits are being applied to the appropriate data in the save. The only thing that might be a minor concern is the field referenced above. I'm not exactly sure how this data is used but the timer might prevent calls or other activities that tend to be delayed until 20 seconds or so after a mission ends. If there's a problem though, ending any mission should update the timer to appropriate values.

Nice work, Samutz. Your efforts are always appreciated.

kaetsyth

Thanks for this update!

spaceeinstein

The game timer when a mission is passed is only used to affect Tommy's mood. For up to three minutes after the you pass a mission, Tommy's mood changes to "wisecracking" and he will have a different set of dialogue. Try punching/shooting/carjacking a few peds before and after you pass a mission and you will notice the way he says his lines are different from each other.

Bonus fact: When your wanted level is two or three, Tommy's mood is "pissed off". When it's four or above, Tommy's mood is "angry". They also have different sets of dialogue.

Edited by spaceeinstein

Archangel0934

Thanks!

I believe I fixed the problem. I was able to apply the fix and load the save in my retail copy of VC. Please try the fix again with the first file and let me know how it goes.

I really can't believe it's happening. I waited for this moment for six years. It's working. It's really working. I can finally play my favorite GTA as good as 15 years ago. No more alt+tabbing every jump, no more time freezes when picking up adrenaline pill. Thank you.

Damn, i think i'll 100% the game again. What a time to be alive.

Edited by Archangel0934

Archangel0934

I'm sorry to bother you again, but i've encountered rather unusual issue. After applying timer fix all sellers from Ammunations, Hardware stores and stores that can be robbed just dissapeared. It's not possible to buy weapons or rob stores. It's not like it's a big problem (not on 100 % save at least), but i just thought you should know.

Edited by Archangel0934

OrionSR

No, that is a big problem. Thanks for reporting your observations. I'll take a closer look tomorrow. Keep an eye out for anything else amiss.

Nick007J

Shopkeepers of all stores that can be robbed have a timer of when they were last killed or robbed (alarm was triggered). They don't spawn for 60 seconds after player left the zone around such shop. These are correspondent variable IDs from uncensored PC version:

$860 [ammu-nation]

$861 [hardware]

$1524, $1525, $1526 [random shops for robbing]

Map with despawn zones with 4 colors corresponding to each of robbable store is here (this is important for 'All Robberies' speedrun, hence the map exists; some shops share variables, so selecting correct sequence of robberies is important to not get two shops with same reset timer within 60 seconds):

http://www.ehgames.com/gta/map.html?tslq7a48lzg

OrionSR

Okay, let's give that a try and see if it clears up the immediate problem. In the save linked below, your original save had the timer fix applied and then I manually reset $860, $861, $1524, $1525 and $1526 to 0.

Test Repair Save

Nick. based on what we've just learned, can you anticipate additional timer issues related to global variables?

Edited by OrionSR

Archangel0934

Okay, let's give that a try and see if it clears up the immediate problem. In the save linked below, your original save had the timer fix applied and then I manually reset $860, $861, $1524, $1525 and $1526 to 0.

http://gtasnp.com/ZdgFOJ

Nick. based on what we've just learned, can you anticipate additional timer issues related to global variables?

Error 404

Nick007J

http://gtasnp.com/ZdgFOJ

That is a difficult question. There might be problems with bus driver mini-game ($1194) and possibly phonecalls ($394). There are a lot of missions that use and store current timer, but I wouldn't expect them to cause any problems.

OrionSR

Thanks, Nick. I'll keep an eye on those variable. I ran a search for opcode 01BD and noticed that this variable is associated with mission cleanup routines. I suspect that's the common call delay timestamp I've been looking for.

01BD: $394 = current_time_in_ms

Test Repair Save for Shopkeepers

Arch, try again. There was a badly formed link.

Do you have a more current save you'd like repaired? I'm hoping to take a look at a well tested timer fixed save where all progress from testing is saved. I'd like to examine the variables that store the current time to see which maintain their original values.

Added: It looks like the Vice City forum has a Download Database with all mission saves. I'll bet at least one of those saves as a phone call we could test against the timer fix.

Edited by OrionSR

Archangel0934

Thanks, Nick. I'll keep an eye on those variable. I ran a search for opcode 01BD and noticed that this variable is associated with mission cleanup routines. I suspect that's the common call delay timestamp I've been looking for.

01BD: $394 = current_time_in_ms

Test Repair Save for Shopkeepers

Arch, try again. There was a badly formed link.

Do you have a more current save you'd like repaired? I'm hoping to take a look at a well tested timer fixed save where all progress from testing is saved. I'd like to examine the variables that store the current time to see which maintain their original values.

Added: It looks like the Vice City forum has a Download Database with all mission saves. I'll bet at least one of those saves as a phone call we could test against the timer fix.

After some testing i can confirm that all shopkeepers are appearing correctly. After initially loading the save there was no keepers, but i fugured i need to wait. After roughly 1 minute, they have appeared. I tried to kill some of them, and they respawn correctly.

However, coach side job is indeed bugged. When people enter the bus, you supposed to get 5$. It's not happening on this save.

OrionSR

Okay then. Since Nick did such a great job anticipating the bussing glitch let's try out his suggested solution without any further research into the issue.

Another test save

The save linked above has timers fixed by SnP and shop keepers repaired as before, but also has $1194 reset to 0.

Can anyone set up a save with a pending phone call we can test?

I'm not having much luck sorting through the Cell variables. The biggest problems are I don't remember Vice City terribly well, and I don't have Vice City anymore so I can't run my own tests.

Suggested test: If you can download a save with a phone call pending from the download database and then download the same save again with the timer reset tool, is the call disabled until a mission is toggled?

Edited by OrionSR

Archangel0934

Okay then. Since Nick did such a great job anticipating the bussing glitch let's try out his suggested solution without any further research into the issue.

Another test save

The save linked above has timers fixed by SnP and shop keepers repaired as before, but also has $1194 reset to 0.

Can anyone set up a save with a pending phone call we can test?

I'm not having much luck sorting through the Cell variables. The biggest problems are I don't remember Vice City terribly well, and I don't have Vice City anymore so I can't run my own tests.

Suggested test: If you can download a save with a phone call pending from the download database and then download the same save again with the timer reset tool, is the call disabled until a mission is toggled?

Thank you for your save, coach side job working as intended, shopkeepers appearing correctly, no time freezes and camera glitches.

As for pending call saves, here they are:

Pending call save before applying timer fix: http://gtasnp.com/BiuO3a

After timer fix: http://gtasnp.com/RGkVjf

It's the same save, the only difference is the fix.

And yes, after some testing, it's all happened as you said. After applying timer fix, Mr. Black didn't call no matter how much time i waited. However, after completion of PCJ Playground he called immediately.

Edited by Archangel0934

OrionSR

Awesome. Let's put everything we've got so far together.

Hopefully Fixed Phone Calls

The save linked above is the save with the pending call glitched by a timer fix with the following variables set to 0.

$394 (new test for phone calls), $860, $861, $1524, $1525, and $1526 (for shop keepers).

$1194 was already 0 in this save.

Added: And yes, a delay of 60 seconds for the shop keepers to return is to be expected. Good thinking. And I would expect a delay of 20 seconds between missions and calls - as opposed to immediately. There will probably be a few minor timing issues related to all variables being set to 0. Like dropped pickups like weapons and money might linger on the map for a couple of minutes. Or a recently collected pickup might not spawn for 6 minutes. These issues could probably be resolved by more careful settings but I'm counting on them clearing up naturally in short order.

Edited by OrionSR

Archangel0934

Awesome. Let's put everything we've got so far together.

Hopefully Fixed Phone Calls

The save linked above is the save with the pending call glitched by a timer fix with the following variables set to 0.

$394 (new test for phone calls), $860, $861, $1524, $1525, and $1526 (for shop keepers).

$1194 was already 0 in this save.

Added: And yes, a delay of 60 seconds for the shop keepers to return is to be expected. Good thinking. And I would expect a delay of 20 seconds between missions and calls - as opposed to immediately. There will probably be a few minor timing issues related to all variables being set to 0. Like dropped pickups like weapons and money might linger on the map for a couple of minutes. Or a recently collected pickup might not spawn for 6 minutes. These issues could probably be resolved by more careful settings but I'm counting on them clearing up naturally in short order.

Yes, the phone call was fixed on that save.

OrionSR

Awesome news! Based on your successful tests I made a recommendation to Samutz that these global variable adjustments be included with the GTASnP glitch fix, and the site has been updated. Please confirm that everything we've tested is working as expected, and keep an eye out for anything we've missed.

Thanks again for your support.

Archangel0934

Awesome news! Based on your successful tests I made a recommendation to Samutz that these global variable adjustments be included with the GTASnP glitch fix, and the site has been updated. Please confirm that everything we've tested is working as expected, and keep an eye out for anything we've missed.

Thanks again for your support.

After some testing i can confirm that fixes are working. I've used my broken save from post #99 and reapplied timer glitch fix. No camera bugs, shopkeepers appears correctly, bus side job working too. I tested phone glitch fix on other save, and it's working too.

So it's safe to assume that most annoying timer glitches are now fixed.

Let the good times roll, people!