3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Cyron43

[V|REL] Autodrive for GTA V

ffzero58

Thanks for the detailed response, Cyron43!

The tough thing is the in car animations. If only we can get this to work on auto driving tasks...

Cyron43

Another update. V0.10.0 can now fly helicopters for you. A big thank you to @Graphicscore for his help. I couldn't have done it without him.

merandus

I tested this new update and it is working flawlessly, Autopilot takes the heli above the waypoint brilliantly. I had to take care of altitude and speed presets during flight.

cheers

Cyron43

I tested this new update and it is working flawlessly, Autopilot takes the heli above the waypoint brilliantly. I had to take care of altitude and speed presets during flight.

cheers

Manual altitude change is currently bugged and seems to have no effect. Did you experience something else? I wonder.

Edited by Cyron43

merandus

cheers

Manual altitude change is currently bugged and seems to have no effect. Did you experience something else? I wonder.

Oh, no sorry, i didn't mean manual altitude change during AP is on,

I ment auto take off and auto landing and terrain awareness and such. not functional yet

Edited by merandus

Cyron43

cheers

Oh, no sorry, i didn't mean manual altitude change during AP is on,

I ment auto take off and auto landing and terrain awareness and such. not functional yet

Yeah I got aware that I forgot to update the ReadMe regarding autoland. Once you reached the target you see a message "stopping...", right? Once you see that message just press L. That triggers autoland. It does not autoland on it's own because the player gets probably second thoughts or wants to hover anway (ie for surveillance).

Edited by Cyron43

hrezaei

Hello Cyron43

I joined the forums to thank you for creating this mod

I'm visually impaired and I enjoy playing Grand Theft Auto series; either listening to others making videos, or me having fun blasting cops and gang members. basically we are a small community playing games by audio (There are audio games specifically designed for blind players), but some of us also try our luck at some video games like GTA as well! :)

Your mod is very great. What i do with it: go to the map menu in the pause menu and select a point of intrest with the keyboard, then your mod drives me to my destination! formerly i had to call for taxi to take me to places, but now I could jump in a car and have your mod intelligently drive me to the place! hearing that Turismo roar in highways is enjoyable.

Thanks for making this autodrive mod; It is tremendous.

Cyron43

Hello Cyron43

I joined the forums to thank you for creating this mod

I'm visually impaired and I enjoy playing Grand Theft Auto series; either listening to others making videos, or me having fun blasting cops and gang members. basically we are a small community playing games by audio (There are audio games specifically designed for blind players), but some of us also try our luck at some video games like GTA as well! :)

Your mod is very great. What i do with it: go to the map menu in the pause menu and select a point of intrest with the keyboard, then your mod drives me to my destination! formerly i had to call for taxi to take me to places, but now I could jump in a car and have your mod intelligently drive me to the place! hearing that Turismo roar in highways is enjoyable.

Thanks for making this autodrive mod; It is tremendous.

Thank you so much for this response. I am glad I can help. :)

In fact you are the third person posting here, who is - hmm may I say disabled (English is not my native language) - in one way or another.

hrezaei

That is nice. I have helped some of my friends install this game and encouraged them to post here to thank you.

I have a question though. does it make a difference to install scripthook .net from the github page:

https://github.com/crosire/scripthookvdotnet/releases

Or from this page that has the latest build?

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/crosire/scripthookvdotnet

I guess installing the most recent one doesn't hurt.

Cyron43

That is nice. I have helped some of my friends install this game and encouraged them to post here to thank you.

I have a question though. does it make a difference to install scripthook .net from the github page:

https://github.com/crosire/scripthookvdotnet/releases

Or from this page that has the latest build?

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/crosire/scripthookvdotnet

I guess installing the most recent one doesn't hurt.

The release from github is verified while the one from appveyor is a so called nightly build which possibly has bugs and is preferably for mod developers only. However, I am one of them and I use the nightly build for my mods. I can't even say if Autodrive still runs with the official release from github anymore. In case you face crashes and see log entries about a missing method it is because the mod tries to call a method in the .net scripthook which isn't there. This indicates a build mismatch. Try the one from appveyor in this case.

Edited by Cyron43

merandus

It autolands, yea

Cyron43

FYI: Autodrive has been updated to V0.10.1. Please read the initial post for more information.

reddevilthp

Working great so far. Is there a way to spawn driver somehow? I really want to man the insurgent turret while being driven around :D

Wonderful piece of work in case i didnt say it before.

hrezaei

@cyron43

I had also another suggestion I was excited to tell you about

auto follow closest car to you, triggered by a hotkey perhaps.

Or a key to cycle through nearest vehicles to follow them.

Thought it's cool to share it with you.

Already implemented in the GTA IV version. So this will be included in the future. :)

Watch this video. It demonstrates the "follow moving target" feature with a helicopter. Later in the video I use that feature in a Police stinger.

Note: The landing function was bugged at the time I made this video. So please just ignore that.

As a proof that this is really not me flying the chopper you can see me sitting on the passenger seat drinking coffee during the chase.

Here is a helicopter demonstration video with working autoland:

Hey, is that LCPDFR? I listened to the video; the radio dispatch sounds like LCPDFR mod I'm interested to know what happens there in the video do you chase the suspect with the heli?

Cyron43

Working great so far. Is there a way to spawn driver somehow? I really want to man the insurgent turret while being driven around :D

Thank you. :)

That's a good idea and I think it can be done.

@cyron43

Already implemented in the GTA IV version. So this will be included in the future. :)

Watch this video. It demonstrates the "follow moving target" feature with a helicopter. Later in the video I use that feature in a Police stinger.

Note: The landing function was bugged at the time I made this video. So please just ignore that.

As a proof that this is really not me flying the chopper you can see me sitting on the passenger seat drinking coffee during the chase.

Hey, is that LCPDFR? I listened to the video; the radio dispatch sounds like LCPDFR mod I'm interested to know what happens there in the video do you chase the suspect with the heli?

Yes exactly. Sorry I don't have a microphone. So I can't narrate my videos. Right at the start you see the cheat window open where I trigger a reckless driver (LCPDFR command) and the chase begins - completely automatic once started. :)

All I do is to go to map view, click on the reckless driver blip, leave the map and quickly hit Shift+J.

Edited by Cyron43

hrezaei

Thank you. :)

That's a good idea and I think it can be done.

@cyron43

Yes exactly. Sorry I don't have a microphone. So I can't narrate my videos. Right at the start you see the cheat window open where I trigger a reckless driver (LCPDFR command) and the chase begins - completely automatic once started. :)

All I do is to go to map view, click on the reckless driver blip, leave the map and quickly hit Shift+J.

That is very nice. I used to listen to some youtubers playing the LCPDFR mod. sounds like your previous mod did some good magic. I also used to give LCPDFR a shot and use simple native trainer's autodrive feature to drive me to shootout calls. I could only respond to those because I had to autodrive untill i heard gunshots at that point i had to stop autodrive manually!

I did find a nice thing by the way. If you enter a police vehicle and switch autodriving preset to the last one (highest speed), then turn on your siren and lights, you don't crash into cars anymore. I think people kinda get out of your way? I had only one crash after 7 minutes of random autodriving.

poddy2009

working perfectly with the newest scripthook.net

Cyron43

Updated to V1.0.0. Please, as always, read the initial post for new and updated features.

@reddevilthp: Your wish was my command. I hope you have fun. ;)

Edited by Cyron43

Cyron43

That is very nice. I used to listen to some youtubers playing the LCPDFR mod. sounds like your previous mod did some good magic. I also used to give LCPDFR a shot and use simple native trainer's autodrive feature to drive me to shootout calls. I could only respond to those because I had to autodrive untill i heard gunshots at that point i had to stop autodrive manually!

I did find a nice thing by the way. If you enter a police vehicle and switch autodriving preset to the last one (highest speed), then turn on your siren and lights, you don't crash into cars anymore. I think people kinda get out of your way? I had only one crash after 7 minutes of random autodriving.

Yes the siren makes other NPC drivers move out of the way if they can. :) Edited by Cyron43

trezillah

Hey Cyron,

Is there a possibility to add a spawn driver option (button), instead of switching the AlwaysDriveYourself tag within the XML? Thanks man, this mod just gets better and better!

Another thing would be to add a button for switching seats, so they can ride in the back. Currently this can be worked around if you hit J, then again to stop the driver, then hit it again real quick you can move to the left rear seat, perfect for a stretch :)

Cyron43

Mod has been updated to V2.0.

Hey Cyron,

Is there a possibility to add a spawn driver option (button), instead of switching the AlwaysDriveYourself tag within the XML? Thanks man, this mod just gets better and better!

Another thing would be to add a button for switching seats, so they can ride in the back. Currently this can be worked around if you hit J, then again to stop the driver, then hit it again real quick you can move to the left rear seat, perfect for a stretch :)

I put it on the todo list but I'm not happy with it because the more keys this mod occupies the more likely it will lead to conflicts with other mods. Yes you can configure all keys but still. :-/

EDIT: Compromise: I leave the driver spawning as it is but I'll add a cycle passenger seat key.

Edited by Cyron43

hrezaei

Nice update, I love this mod

I wonder if peds switch to reckless mode when gunshots arupt? because they go crazy and ram into everything/killing everyone. I hate that lol

Edited by hrezaei

adman500

Hi, I love that you keep updating this mod! I have an idea, you mentioned adding a follow car feature, it was probably in your IV version but could you make it follow a mission target car i.e when on a mission when you have to follow a specific target car.

Thanks

ffzero58

Updated to V1.0.0. Please, as always, read the initial post for new and updated features.

Thanks for the update. I tried Shift-right arrow to change driving aggressiveness but was unsure if any change was done. I did not see a change in driver behavior. Is there supposed to be an on-screen message that says what driving style is being used? Checking the VAutodriveConfig, I see:

<d2p1:KeyContainer>      <d2p1:Alt>false</d2p1:Alt>      <d2p1:Ctrl>false</d2p1:Ctrl>      <d2p1:Key>NumPad7</d2p1:Key>      <d2p1:Name>MoreAggressive</d2p1:Name>      <d2p1:Shift>false</d2p1:Shift>    </d2p1:KeyContainer>    <d2p1:KeyContainer>      <d2p1:Alt>false</d2p1:Alt>      <d2p1:Ctrl>true</d2p1:Ctrl>      <d2p1:Key>NumPad1</d2p1:Key>      <d2p1:Name>LessAggressive</d2p1:Name>      <d2p1:Shift>false</d2p1:Shift>

But the Numpad buttons do not have any noticeable effect. My .NET Scripthook is dated 5/28.

Thanks

Cyron43

Thanks for the update. I tried Shift-right arrow to change driving aggressiveness but was unsure if any change was done. I did not see a change in driver behavior. Is there supposed to be an on-screen message that says what driving style is being used? Checking the VAutodriveConfig, I see:

<d2p1:KeyContainer>      <d2p1:Alt>false</d2p1:Alt>      <d2p1:Ctrl>false</d2p1:Ctrl>      <d2p1:Key>NumPad7</d2p1:Key>      <d2p1:Name>MoreAggressive</d2p1:Name>      <d2p1:Shift>false</d2p1:Shift>    </d2p1:KeyContainer>    <d2p1:KeyContainer>      <d2p1:Alt>false</d2p1:Alt>      <d2p1:Ctrl>true</d2p1:Ctrl>      <d2p1:Key>NumPad1</d2p1:Key>      <d2p1:Name>LessAggressive</d2p1:Name>      <d2p1:Shift>false</d2p1:Shift>
But the Numpad buttons do not have any noticeable effect. My .NET Scripthook is dated 5/28.

Thanks

Yes you should see a message

"Driving style set to {DrivingStyle}"

Have you set the Ctrl tag in the LessAggressive key container to true on purpose? The other shows ctrl false. Maybe that's the issue.

I am also confused about the keys. You said you tried Shift right arrow but the key containers have Numpad1 and Numpad7 as keys.

EDIT: I just recognized you version of the .net script hook is probably outdated. Try this one please:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/crosire/scripthookvdotnet%C2%A0/build/artifacts

Edited by Cyron43

trezillah

Hey Cyron,

I put it on the todo list but I'm not happy with it because the more keys this mod occupies the more likely it will lead to conflicts with other mods. Yes you can configure all keys but still. :-/

EDIT: Compromise: I leave the driver spawning as it is but I'll add a cycle passenger seat key.

Awesome, thanks for the fast update!

ffzero58

Thanks

Yes you should see a message

"Driving style set to {DrivingStyle}"

Have you set the Ctrl tag in the LessAggressive key container to true on purpose? The other shows ctrl false. Maybe that's the issue.

I am also confused about the keys. You said you tried Shift right arrow but the key containers have Numpad1 and Numpad7 as keys.

EDIT: I just recognized you version of the .net script hook is probably outdated. Try this one please:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/crosire/scripthookvdotnet%C2%A0/build/artifacts

Ok, got this fixed. It was just my outdated .NET hook. Thanks for the help!

reddevilthp

MuhuhuhhahahahaaHAHAHAAAHHAAAAAAA......

I mean *ahem* Im currently using your mod to test the durability of Law Enforcement assets in a controlled environment.....thank you so much for making this possible

Cyron43

...test the durability of Law Enforcement assets in a controlled environment....

Sounds like a pro. Are you modding yourself or are you a member of the LSPDFR developer team?

Evilebob

Hey Cyron,

Fantastic work... I absolutely love seeing the progress of this one and I'm just sorry I haven't had more time to try to contribute.

I did have one idea on the driver topic that I was working on implementing myself but just haven't found the time.

What if in the config you have spawn driver enabled, then code check if all seats are filled (ie bodyguards) and if so then simply have the player drive himself. If seats are available to rotate, then the script can spawn the random driver.

The only other thing I felt was important for this feature was figuring out how to give the player control for shooting yet still perform the autodrive tasks.