2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why do we have no turn signals while NPC drivers do?

nWo_Y2J_2015

109 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to be able to use turn signals?

• Yes
    • No

nWo_Y2J_2015

I see NPC's using them, but we don't get to use them. Anyone like to be able to use turn signals?

There isn't exactly a point to having them since we are likely driving aggressively and fast 90% of the time. Although I think it would be a nice touch.

• Like 3

Señor_Fisto

yeah I always remember to signal when I'm doing 115 around corners in my turbo charged Ferrari

• Like 2

nWo_Y2J_2015

yeah I always remember to signal when I'm doing 115 around corners in my turbo charged Ferrari

At least you're not going too slow.

Señor_Fisto

Actual answer: Console version of the game already have contextual button presses while driving to allow more controls so there aren't extra buttons to just "give" turn signals to

i would rather much have an up and downshift squeezed into the controls than a blinker, so no.

• Like 5

nWo_Y2J_2015

i would rather much have an up and downshift squeezed into the controls than a blinker, so no.

So, you mean manual transmission. As long as I'd still have automatic.

Did anyone play tdu2?

I'm thinking about buying it, but I heard the online servers are pretty much dead nowadays.

Plus, driving in that game is more arcadish than it used to be on TDU1

Actual answer: Console version of the game already have contextual button presses while driving to allow more controls so there aren't extra buttons to just "give" turn signals to

How about this:

Hold the up button on the D-Pad, then it'll give you control of your car indicator lights.

Left and right on the d-pad for the usual indicator lights, and down for hazard lights, then when you are done messing with the lights just hit up again and you can use the regular d-pad functions as before.

Señor_Fisto

How about this:

Hold the up button on the D-Pad, then it'll give you control of your car indicator lights.

Left and right on the d-pad for the usual indicator lights, and down for hazard lights, then when you are done messing with the lights just hit up again and you can use the regular d-pad functions as before.

man it's a cute idea for a mod and all but let's be honest, Rockstar isn't going to spend the slightest bit of development time on a contextual role playing feature for a playerbase that hardly uses the brakes

• Like 1

There isn't exactly a point to having them since we are likely driving aggressively and fast 90% of the time. Although I think it would be a nice touch.

I would like to see them, because then we could use them during rides to single people behind us where we are turning. It would be helpful as f*ck during MC crew rides.

How about this:

Assign that function to the X button, so when we press up or down the car downshifts or upshifts accordingly press both at the same time to put it in neutral, left and right for blinkers, press both at the same time for emergency hazard lights.

The original Mafia is the only game I've ever seen that actually uses turn signals on player driven vehicles. :/

nWo_Y2J_2015

How about this:

Assign that function to the X button, so when we press up or down the car downshifts or upshifts accordingly press both at the same time to put it in neutral, left and right for blinkers, press both at the same time for emergency hazard lights.

You can't press Up and Down and at the same time, or Left and Right at the same time.

It would get abused.

Stopped @ a red light behind most likely a chrome zentrono ofcourse,...they're signalings right turn, & instead going straight.

That would really get my mustard, while cruzing on my faggio in only sports shorts...tropical.

:) i Chang

• Like 5

JaegerPilot1

Just what we need, another worthless thing in the game that won't get used.

It would get abused.

Stopped @ a red light behind most likely a chrome zentrono ofcourse,...they're signalings right turn, & instead going straight.

That would really get my mustard, while cruzing on my faggio in only sports shorts...tropical.

:) i Chang

People stops at red lights in online?

O.o

• Like 2

Who the f*ck online plays by the road rules and traffic lights when in freeroam or a job? NPC don't even obey the traffic rules, lights or speed zones. Indicaters aren't needed, ever.

5 star wanted level, "oh look, at least he indicated to turn right, we will consider that when we blow his f*cking head off."

Edited by Miauuu5_7

Vanilla_874

Who the f*ck online plays by the road rules and traffic lights when in freeroam or a job? NPC don't even obey the traffic rules, lights or speed zones. Indicaters aren't needed, ever.

5 star wanted level, "oh look, at least he indicated to turn right, we will consider that when we blow his f*cking head off."

Exactly LOL

XIantonioIX

Id rather have windshield wipers and rain drops actually hitting windows of vehicles and hitting our apartment windows or any window that we can see from the inside

customkingpimp

The reason why is the amount of buttons that we have and how many actions there are for them. I think for the ps4 it could be easily done with the touch pad that the controller has.

PC would be easy as well, actually for PC there is already a mod to do that.

BamaGoodfella

I see NPC's using them, but we don't get to use them. Anyone like to be able to use turn signals?

Really? All I ever see are NPC's making left turns from the right lane as I'm trying to pass them or vice versa LOL.

• Like 2

KornbreadMaf1a

Why the f*ck would anybody care about turn signals? I'm lucky if I use them 50% of the time while actually driving my real car I sure as hell would never use them in a video game.

AceThaCreator

The hell with turn signals, R* needs to bring back driving school because 90% of people in this game cant drive whatsoever.

UlqLJ8Q.jpg

^This is pretty much racing in GTA in a nutshell^

LukeMayhem

As a massive TDU fan, I would say yes definitly. Cruising in a group with serious drivers was lots of fun. Thats a car game but.

GTAO on the other hand, no one is going to care/see it.

Mattoropael

Did anyone play tdu2?

The only point of playing TDU2 was using Texmod and mass-produce (replica) liveries.

w5noT.jpg

l1baO.jpg

(And yes, it's a Marlboro Stratos in the back. I don't have the other images on this computer)

It's otherwise a shallow clone of TDU1. Ibiza wasn't really popular and Oahu was just copy-pasted from TDU1 (minus the cool stuff like access to the secret island). Also of note was Veyron SS (a DLC vehicle, mind you) ruling races everywhere, while its supposed free counterpart, the CCXR Edition, simply can't keep up in most aspects.

Couple that with strikes, laid-offs at Eden, Atari exploding, general loss of interest and disappointment by most of the playerbase, and you get this pile of smoking debris called TDU2.

Edited by Mattoropael

I wouldn't mind it but there's simply not enough buttons on the controller.

However, player controlled cars can use turn signals on PC with the use of mods.