2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Real weapons textures / camos location

Drkz

Did anyone successfully managed to find their location ?

No, they aren't in x64e.rpf\models\cdimages\weapons.rpf. There's not a single trace of proper (except melee weapons) weapon textures in this rpf, nor camos.

Nathandark

Did anyone successfully managed to find their location ?

No, they aren't in x64e.rpf\models\cdimages\weapons.rpf. There's not a single trace of proper (except melee weapons) weapon textures in this rpf, nor camos.

Idk about the camos but i do know that the Weapon texture files are loctaed at one of the dlc folders in update.rpf,i think the folder is named patchday3 or something just look it up im sure you will find it,in there should be models>cdimages>weapon.rpf and there you have it.... Didnt Try to fiddle around with the Weapon textures yet as they are quiet complected for me

GTAV\update\x64\dlcpacks\patchday3ng\dlc.rpf\x64\models\cdimages\weapons.rpf\. Thast the dir you are looking for (:

Edited by Nathandark

Nah this still isn't what i'm looking for sadly. Thanks anyway.

It seems that the textures are vaguely defined (they're transparent and really don't mean anything) and THEN the game applies some kind of filter on them to create the default / alternate camos.

Maybe there's no textures for camos at all. Maybe it's all defined by text inside a file. But only god knows where this f*cking file is.

Edited by Drkz

Nathandark

It seems that the textures are vaguely defined (they're transparent and really don't mean anything) and THEN the game applies some kind of filter on them to create the default / alternate camos.

Maybe there's no textures for camos at all. Maybe it's all defined by text inside a file. But only god knows where this f*cking file is.

I have a feeling the weapon tints are RGB values.

Yea Sure looks like it,there is a texture file but it mostly white and dosnt resemble the in game colors,most likely a color tint(as the name suggests after all lol) ive found few camos (like actual camos) but seems like they are not used in game,and if any one find outs how to edit the weapon please update us

Yea Sure looks like it,there is a texture file but it mostly white and dosnt resemble the in game colors,most likely a color tint(as the name suggests after all lol) ive found few camos (like actual camos) but seems like they are not used in game,and if any one find outs how to edit the weapon please update us

I've been looking around, they're probably in a meta file somewhere.

Nathandark

I've been looking around, they're probably in a meta file somewhere.

Yea Might be ill look at it a bit tommorow, i think we should really create a Texure Db like texture names,there co-responding models and there in game representatives..oh and btw found this in the Native DB if it might help :

Edited by Nathandark

Interesting but no it won't help. This only seems to apply the existing texture (or the RGB tint) on a gun, plus, you have to use a script for that.

No, what i'm really looking for here is to modify the said tint. I can apply it at anytime in a Ammunation without further issues, we don't need a native for that.

Edited by Drkz

Nathandark

Interesting but no it won't help. This only seems to apply the existing texture (or the RGB tint) on a gun, plus, you have to use a script for that.

No, what i'm really looking for here is to modify the said tint. I can apply it at anytime in a Ammunation without further issues, we don't need a native for that.

Yea i get that,just wanted to clarify about it not being a real texture,what i know till now i still didnt find any texturue co-responding to the in game tints and the weapon it self shows mostly transparent in the viewer,only part is colored.

Aren't tints defined in weaponcomponents? Don't know how exactly it works but I'm pretty sure they are, they're definately not textures. I also believe you might want to check out the weapon attachments mod, although I have no interest in it I believe the author changed the tints.

There's indeed something in weapons.meta but the lines don't mean anything, really.

Actually scratch that, the lines in weapons.meta are indeed releated to the tints (camo) but they only affects the specular maps of the said camos.

Edited by Drkz