2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Does anyone else hate the Remastered Edition?

7qb0

I simply can't tolerate how ugly the graphics are, first of all the character models look like they are coated with plastic and stand out really badly from the everything else. Secondly the colour correction is simply terrible, the sky and the trees look really unrealistic because of it and make the environment look really fake and it just doesn't feel right. And finally, the HUD looks nothing like the original, everything was changed around too much making it not feel like gta san andreas anymore.

Anyone agree?

Edited by Quagmire123

Lethal Vaccine

I somewhat agree. I play the PS2 Version and also the Mobile Version.

The Mobile Version is similar to the Xbox 360 Version and also the PC Version in terms of Graphics and Textures and what not. But even on Mobile, everything is very shiny and looks plastic and fake as well. I don't hate it, but I also don't like it a lot. I can tolerate it.

But I much prefer how the PS2 Graphics are. Those Graphics are one of a kind and make you so immersed in the game and I feel like I am there with CJ.

I just can't get into the high quality textures and graphics, but they are neat once in a while for a change of pace...

Edited by Militia

Inadequate

Here, I hate the mobile version and the Xbox port from the mobile version, lol. I love the PS2 and PC version (obv with mods). :p

Yeah,I played GTA SA on PS2 and on PC,and I liked both,but I saw a few videos of remastered version on youtube and it looked bad,as people already said,everything looks shiny like plastic.If I want to replay SA,I would rather play it on PS2 or PC (which I did do,around two weeks ago).

Big_Smiley

Well it was made in 2004. Not really the best graphics back those years. But i agree with the rest on the shining in everthing. The cars look a lot like shiny plastic toys. The characters are also like this too. Cj's clothes just shine like if he had oil all over his body. When i bough the remasterd version of sa i wasn't quite impressed with the changes and shining things. The only thing i noticed was that Cj had fingers...and i was like HE HAS FINGERS WTF? But anyways Back in the Ps2 days everthing just seemed just alot better (even though Cj had mittens for hands) But that shiny thing wasn't that noticeable compared to the remastered version of SA. I honestly miss those good old days.

Edited by GTA_The_Series

Lethal Vaccine

@GTA Series;

We just said the Graphics look BETTER in 2004, than they do in 2013 (Mobile) and 2014 (Xbox 360).

It's not the technology of the times. It's just Rockstar or whoever makes these Ports who is f*cking it up...

Wardrum Studios makes the Mobile Ports and they aren't that good, lol...2013. 9 years after the PS2 Release...

Yep, remastered version sucks people are made of plastic and they removed good songs from the radio.

they removed good songs from the radio.

Because of licensing problems.

Niko Montana

I don't hate it, but the graphics are beyond ugly. However I did like the checkpoint system and the new menus.

Lethal Vaccine

I never used the Checkpoint System in Mobile for one reason. I always reload if I fail to keep the Stats at the minimum for Mission Attempts, etc. The Missions are easy enough without the Checkpoint System, tbh...

pitopika13

Just bought it, it's nice to play sa on your mobile but yeah that plastic effects is terrible (i actually thought it was cool at first lol)

PhillBellic

Having played the original PC version, I don't think I'd enjoy this version as much. The cut songs come to mind here.

Lethal Vaccine

Just bought it, it's nice to play sa on your mobile but yeah that plastic effects is terrible (i actually thought it was cool at first lol)

Yup. That is how I felt 3 weeks ago when I bought SA for Mobile, which is similar to the Xbox 360 Port, but 360 is still worse and more buggy.

I turned my PS2 Version on after a couple weeks not playing it and just playing it on Mobile and yeah, PS2 Version Graphics are the best. PC is also good. Possibly the Original Xbox Version, as well. But everything else isn't so good! :)

GTAfan2018

I've given up halfway through the 'remastered' version on the 360 simply due to the amount of bugs and glitches, the mobile version isn't too bad but I only played that for a few hours. When I decide to play San Andreas again it will be the original Xbox version.

gangster2332

mobile version would be best if the peds werent that shiny

Edited by gangster2332

Lethal Vaccine

Idk if it's because of some sort of Traffic/Ped Glitch in my Mobile Version of SA due to Total Playing Time Stat being quite high, but when Peds load into the screen either flying or driving, even running on foot, they flash and vanish over and over and new Peds load. But in this Save, Traffic always drives backward, does 180 degree turns in the same lane to try and "fix" it self, Peds are standing in streets, etc, etc.....It's pretty bad. Then on a daily basis it has now started crashing over the past 6-7 days...

I still like the Mobile Version for specific reasons, other than Graphics and Textures, but it's not that good. As I said, the PS2, PC, and Xbox is probably the best. I'd only recommend Mobile if you have no Consoles or good PC's to play them on, etc...

lastmanonearth

Yes, the original is the best. Those textures are low resolution, so blurry graphics help make it all look consistent and realistic enough, like it was filmed on a cheap, out of focus camera or something. The remastered graphics just look cartoony and much less realistic, quite an eyesore actually.