2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Why the hell is the insurgent more durable than a tank?

Ryan1888

This doesn't make sense to me. The other day I saw a guy ram into a tank and, presumably with sticky bombs attached to his insurgent, he blew it up. Not only did he manage to destroy the tank, he survived the blast. They also survive a good number of RPG and homing launcher shots. I'm not sure how many it takes depending on where you hit it, but I'm sure it's at least equal to or more than a tank.

Edited by Ryangil23

paperbagdude

Because the tank was nerfed to have piss weak armor about a year ago or so, because it was too much for noobs to handle.

Today, we have tank icons on the minimap, horning launchers for everyone and even powerful aerial- and ground vehicles for sale and pick up. Oh, and don't forget passive mode which we always have had.

Yet it seems like Rockstar has no intentions of buffing the tank to its original state.

Edited by paperbagdude
  • Like 2

JohnXina - Discord Emojispacer.pngJohnXina - Discord Emoji

chef_archie

Just a thought, perhaps the reason it is like that, is to keep balance.The tank takes 3 sticky bombs to destroy, while the insurgent takes 4. The tank shoots rapid fire mortars, while the insurgent.... well doesn't. So while in RL this makes zero sense, for the sake of PvP, I think the idea is to create balance. Moral of the story if you have a tank and you see an insurgent approaching you shoot it, If it has 3 sticky bombs attached to it, it will explode instantly. If it doesn't shoot it again, any tank operator worth his salt should be able to put an end to an enemy insurgent.

• Like 2

Sky_Light12

that's weird . with sticky bomb , driver in LAPV can destroy tank if they're not spotted but takes 2 tank cannon for destroying 1 insurgent

paperbagdude

I have no idea why it's like that.

57227558.jpg

He's probably drunk. lol

• Like 1

JohnXina - Discord Emojispacer.pngJohnXina - Discord Emoji

RmpTebow15

I was just in a session yesterday minding my own business heading to ammunation to stock back up on ammo. When I got out I noticed a dude in an insurgent just sitting there. I didn't shoot him, usually don't try to shoot people that don't shoot me first. But as I got in my zentorno I was exploded by a sticky. Should've knew he had stickied me. After firing two homing launchers at it and nothing, it only took me firing an AP pistol to break through and kill him..... So just shoot the drive like you normally would, f*** the rockets

bruvs-mcfc

It f*cking ridiculous , last night I picked up my tank , to go and do a bit of shopping (honest that's all I use it for) when I get hit with a rocket the guy jumps back in his insurgent so I chase and must of hit him with 20 direct hits , until he eventually blew up (16,000 Bill wow) on foot he fires one more rocket and bang I explode , the thing is just way way overpowered compared with everything else in the game

chef_archie

It f*cking ridiculous , last night I picked up my tank , to go and do a bit of shopping (honest that's all I use it for) when I get hit with a rocket the guy jumps back in his insurgent so I chase and must of hit him with 20 direct hits , until he eventually blew up (16,000 Bill wow) on foot he fires one more rocket and bang I explode , the thing is just way way overpowered compared with everything else in the game

20 direct hits???? c'mon, it takes two direct tank hits to take out an insurgent, and 3-4 direct rpg hits to take out a tank. So either you are trolling or just lying to make friends. Either way your story is 100% false, unless home boy was modding/hacking. Plus your tank Sunday shopping story doesn't check out.

Edited by chef_archie

This is kind of like asking, "Why is the Flash faster than Superman?"

I know it's ridiculous anyway, but the Insurgent's whole deal is being a damage sponge. It would suck if another vehicle outclassed it at the ONE thing it's supposed to be good at.

Red Lynx 23

They nerfed the tank awhile before the Insurgent was introduced. Otherwise Insurgents would be yet another thing that the OP tanks would destroy.

• Like 1

Simply Logic

They nerfed the tank awhile before the Insurgent was introduced. Otherwise Insurgents would be yet another thing that the OP tanks would destroy.

poo

I miss being able to snipe the tank driver... :(

To me it's like R* took the Rock, Paper, Scissor approach to balancing the Tank with the Insurgent and Armored Kuruma

DrunkGamer

I have no idea why it's like that.

57227558.jpg lol okay I think the reason why it's like that is because before the insurgent, the tank was the toughest thing againest explosives but then R* nerfed the sh*t out of the tank, it was a lot weaker. So they thought "okay what kind of vehicle can we make that is as tough as the tank but you can't cause massive destruction with?" And the insurgent was born.
  • Like 1

Hector Tavares

I miss the original Rhino Tank durability. Had I known that it would be nerfed at some point, I would have NEVER bought it.

bruvs-mcfc

20 direct hits???? c'mon, it takes two direct tank hits to take out an insurgent, and 3-4 direct rpg hits to take out a tank. So either you are trolling or just lying to make friends. Either way your story is 100% false, unless home boy was modding/hacking. Plus your tank Sunday shopping story doesn't check out.Ha ha , you kids make me laugh , at 46 years old trust me certainly don't go round trolling people and am a little old in the tooth to try to win friends in that manner.

Ok I May be using the slightly higher end of my estimation for effect but I can assure it was way more than ten it was bouncing around so was def hitting it.

Now as far as using the tank for shopping , it's a great vehicle for around town ,you can literally park it anywhere and there's lots of boot space for any amount of shopping you may have , me and the wife swear by it , although other road users tend to direct their swearing at it , but I think they are just jealous

Edited by bruvs-mcfc

professor-brainiac

20 direct hits???? c'mon, it takes two direct tank hits to take out an insurgent, and 3-4 direct rpg hits to take out a tank. So either you are trolling or just lying to make friends. Either way your story is 100% false, unless home boy was modding/hacking. Plus your tank Sunday shopping story doesn't check out.
Ha ha , you kids make me laugh , at 46 years old trust me certainly don't go round trolling people and am a little old in the tooth to try to win friends in that manner.

Ok I May be using the slightly higher end of my estimation for effect but I can assure it was way more than ten it was bouncing around so was def hitting it.

Now as far as using the tank for shopping , it's a great vehicle for around town ,you can literally park it anywhere and there's lots of boot space for any amount of shopping you may have , me and the wife swear by it , although other road users tend to direct their swearing at it , but I think they are just jealous

52966043.jpg

Tank has firepower, Insurgent doesn't. Simple as that.

Just remove both Tank and Insurgent from the game. Everyone will be happy.

bruvs-mcfc

Tank has firepower, Insurgent doesn't. Simple as that.

Just remove both Tank and Insurgent from the game. Everyone will be happy.

Your right in a way but it's alot more manoverable than the tank which means it can have all the time it needs to throw stickies onto it there needs to be a little more balance to a battle between .

I'm all for a level playing field ,unless of coarse the odds are stacked in my favour then I think it totally acceptable , 🙌🙌🙌🙌

vengeancehawk

The tank got nerfed because everyone had one from the billionaire days so they had make them less powerful to balance out the game world again.

WWEMichaelB

Because people had their mommy's call Rockstar and begged them to nurf the tanks.

Phantomspirit

Nerfing the Tank was totally wrong,players paid good money for it.There were a lot of tank battles going on downtown which were absolutely hilarious about a year ago.This has been replaced now with Jet Griefing,so are they gonna nerf the jet? No,because players pay 5K each time they steal one...

Edited by bronzeboyxx

matajuegos01

They should restore the tank's durability, yes we know it fires a cannon, but the insurgent allows you to throw stickies, grenades, proximity mines and shoot automatic weapons so it is a good balance imo