Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,838 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Darlyn

So how's enabling roof+door deformation (damage) coming along?

Mr.Arrow

Boris is always a depressing person.He even mention about commiting suicide once

Anways the ENB did increase some damage but not all of it

Edited by Cyberzone2

willywill

From ENBSeries Forums: I said that don't care what others says, wasting time here trying to cheer me up. And you make that russian troll to feel like he have any impact on my decision. I just have fun reposting such crap to friends modders, "hello prostitute rusophobe" greeting makes my day in instant messaging recently. Same for ReShade, read what i say several times till understand. If someone choose ReShade instead of my mod, why should i hate it? ReShade and SweetFX are not in my weight category and it's clear that i'm no longer interested in generic versions because of limits they have. I was the pioneer, they got inspiration and made things better. It's not a car shop to "proove" at any cost why my product is better and others sucks. ENBSeries is for niche of modders who knows how things works, for casuals i can only provide tech support trying to understand what they wrote and how to answer to make them understand. GTA users visiting my site at rate of 2% vs others, why the heck do i need to continue developing for such small auditory? Recently released popular game have same amount of users of the mod as old like RE4 or DS2. Thouse mods don't have much features and were popular, why? Because almost all GTA5 players don't need graphics, even many GTA4 players were fine with vanilla colors. Do not project own vision on to others. Not enough features? Oh c'mon, fxaa injector had only one feature, on the wave of popularity immediately everybody started to develop their own algorithms, but nobody need fast supersampling in GTA5? The only valid answer - people don't care about graphics in GTA5. It's summer, tons of xbox and ps2 games not played, other projects semidead, and me sitting in front of display days and nights coding something useless. I'd better modify No One Lives Forever with same effort, at least i'm a big fan of it. I can't work just because some old users need the mod, will continue only when worth it. I'm not very impressed reading how great is this:

Damn.

Guys I am a graphics programmer. I have been for 4+ years now. It's become a big hobby of mine. The entire reason why I started is because of ENB. I was inspired by it, I began this hobby because I wanted to create, innovate visuals just like Boris did.

I'm a huge fan of the GTA series and having ENB be a part of it was always a big plus. Now that no longer is the case. I understand Boris's decision but what baffles me is the communities lack of desire for improved visual quality at virtually no cost in performance. This is why he decided to take his skills elsewhere and not improve on the visuals of GTA V.

Before I could afford my gaming rig and when I was younger I had a computer so old I had to download ENB videos from Youtube, watch them in VLC with a special lossy codec just so I could see the games in more than 8fps. Yes my computer struggled playing 360p video at the time. Now with my gaming rig, having played hours of GTA IV with ENB and loved it, hoping for even more in GTA V, I'm sad to see this won't happen.

Just as Boris said in his post, can't enforce ideals onto others and I agree but I don't understand why some users want, just a gameplay feature (IgnoreDamageLimits), and no improved graphically fidelity at virtually no cost. Yes its just tuned vehicle shaders, sprites and anti-aliasing for now but still. These are some features that users always complain about but when the solution is in your faces we all just ignore it, or dismiss it. Not only that but this has more potential than ReShade ever will. Think of the custom AO solutions, the vastly improved post-processing, lighting and more.

7000488483_cc3339995a_b.jpg

Maybe it's just me that wants to see GTA V become the new "But Can it Run GTA V with ENB?" with visuals like no other AAA game. Maybe the modding community has gotten younger, and more enticed by the gameplay elements and rather look at a game with no shadows and jaggies all over, than the best looking game out there because of one modder's amazing work.

I just really want to see an ENB happen for this game, I've waited a really long time for it, and it's sad to see the dream fall apart.

There just isn't a demand for it...

Drkz

He does this kind of little breakdown every two months or so.

cp1dell

I'm really surprised that no one else has attempted to make a similar mod to at least rival ENB, or now, replace it. I mean hell, ENB pretty much dominated the "graphics injector" modding scene. I mean it wasn't just for GTA games.

Just kind of weird that there was only one person working on something like this. I really hope someone else picks it up, but considering Boris most likely won't give out source code or anything, someone will probably have to do it from scratch.

CeasarGuy

I'm really surprised that no one else has attempted to make a similar mod to at least rival ENB, or now, replace it. I mean hell, ENB pretty much dominated the "graphics injector" modding scene. I mean it wasn't just for GTA games.

Just kind of weird that there was only one person working on something like this. I really hope someone else picks it up, but considering Boris most likely won't give out source code or anything, someone will probably have to do it from scratch.

I thought the same. But then again, neither me, nor you would spend their free time trying to study what ENB has done and actually make something similar.

PißWasser

Read something about boris quiting on his forum, what is this all about?

From what I understand someone made an account on his forum, and was criticizing him or something. I guess Boris was pretty pissed, and he said he deleted all GTA V mods and is refusing to work on them any further.

Yep, that seems to be about right.

I used to respect boris, but now? That move was just pathetic. You won't go far in life with his attitude.

Oh shut up. He's come pretty far I think, who plays gta on pc and doesnt know about enb? It's because of bullsh*t talk like this he quit.

CeasarGuy

Oh shut up. He's come pretty far I think, who plays gta on pc and doesnt know about enb? It's because of bullsh*t talk like this he quit.

Really? Bullsh*t talk in which I say that it's a dumb move to quit just because there are trolls on the internet talking you down and the bigger you are, the bigger are their attacks and then when you realise that it's not a good enough reason and you know that it's pretty dumb you search for other excuses just to shut up any comeback you get?

Really shows what you know.

totte1015

So any tl;dr version which answers the question? Any progress on this or not?

Now Im not a programmer but shouldnt it be possible in any way to get the old handling.dat files from PS3 before the updates, into PC somehow?

cp1dell

Well apparently it's something controller by shaders. Boris was able to enable it by disabling said setting and it's included in ENB. Sadly he didn't understand why people would want it separate from ENB (???), so he won't do it. Especially now since he quit.

I did post somewhere the settings for the enbseries.ini if you don't want to use the small amount of things that ENB adds, and if you want just the deformation fix. So I guess that's as good as it's going to get.

BigBossCR

Hey guys, i've tried installing the ENB but everytime my game crashes pass the Rockstar logos cinematic. This is the only mod i'm using, i've tried disabling Steam overlay, Nvidia Geforce Experience, my anti-virus and nothing worked. I know it is installed correctly because it shows the version name and stuff in the corner. Any clue on what it might be?

PS*: Boris has restored the ENB on his website, but not sure if he's going to continue working on it....

Edited by BigBossCR

totte1015

Well apparently it's something controller by shaders. Boris was able to enable it by disabling said setting and it's included in ENB. Sadly he didn't understand why people would want it separate from ENB (???), so he won't do it. Especially now since he quit.

I did post somewhere the settings for the enbseries.ini if you don't want to use the small amount of things that ENB adds, and if you want just the deformation fix. So I guess that's as good as it's going to get.

Where can I get it?

cp1dell

Well BigBoss says Boris put the download back on his website (ENBDev), but someone else also has an alternate mirror for it on the previous page of this topic.

If you're talking about my settings for the ENBSeries.ini file, that's somewhere in this thread too. The ENBLocal.ini file is pretty straightforward, just set true or false for whatever things you want or don't want. (Deformation Fix, Enhanced MSAA, Supersampling for Vehicles, Moon Fix etc.)

tunafishes

Why would he separate it? The same amount of effort would be required on the user's end to install/enable it so why not include the ability to tweak the graphics if so desired? It's basically like saying to Boris "Hey thanks for all your work but can you just give me 1% of it? I'd like it if you went out of your way to remove all the other code so I can never bother trying the other stuff."

I'd be pretty f*cking depressed/infuriated too.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here or be mean to you specifically in any way. I mean, I initially only got it for collision fix as well. I'm just trying to say since it'd be the same setup for the user so why not have extra features that the modder put so much time in?

I mean if somebody wants deformation fix for roof/doors all they have to do is download and extract ENB and they are good to go; there is no need to modify enbseries.ini since it has nothing to do with damage limits.

So any tl;dr version which answers the question? Any progress on this or not?

Now Im not a programmer but shouldnt it be possible in any way to get the old handling.dat files from PS3 before the updates, into PC somehow?

again, a general response for anyone too lazy to look at the other posts in this thread who want collision 'fix' :

1) download ENB 0.275 for GTAV at http://enbdev.com/index_en.html
2) extract files to your GTAV folder
3) launch game and start smashing
but please press shift+enter in-game and try messing around with some settings (or edit the .fx or ini files) I know it's exciting to have collision 'fixed' but there are some worthwhile settings worth tweaking and it's extremely easy to tinker with; it would be f*cked up to not at least try it out if you download this for collision fix. The modder that made this fixed your collision, so why not see what else the mod can do?

Conwin

Can you use enb and reshade at the same time? I was planning on running the enb 'blank' to get the deformation but when I boot up the game it only picks up Reshade and not ENB.

CeasarGuy

Can you use enb and reshade at the same time? I was planning on running the enb 'blank' to get the deformation but when I boot up the game it only picks up Reshade and not ENB.

That's because they use the same .dll file

I believe you can get around it (or I hope so), by renaming the Reshade's d3d11.dll file into "reshaded3d11.dll" or something like that and then putting that name as a proxy in enblocal.ini

At least I've seen someone do that and they claimed it worked. But I can't guarantee that.

Gamester42

Just tested and using the proxy works fine. Now I can run my SweetFX settings with ENB :cool:

Conwin

That's because they use the same .dll file

I believe you can get around it (or I hope so), by renaming the Reshade's d3d11.dll file into "reshaded3d11.dll" or something like that and then putting that name as a proxy in enblocal.ini

At least I've seen someone do that and they claimed it worked. But I can't guarantee that.

What do you mean by putting that name as a proxy?

Conwin

Just tested and using the proxy works fine. Now I can run my SweetFX settings with ENB :cool:

How do you get this to work? The proxy never works for me and the game still only picks up reshade. If I put two .dll files into the game directory the game wont boot.

totte1015

Got the ENB, whilist it enables roof deformation, is veeeery minimal, I shot with minigun for... 15 seconds and it got a tiny dent into the roof, tried landing on roof too, did very little...

Just so sad that it must be so hard to enable full car deformation :(

Gamester42

How do you get this to work? The proxy never works for me and the game still only picks up reshade. If I put two .dll files into the game directory the game wont boot.

I just used the ENB DLLs and files plus Reshade64.dll, the SweetFX folder, sweet.fx and reshade,fx in my main GTAV directory.

Then I set the proxy section of enblocal.ini to this...

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=true

InitProxyFunctions=false

ProxyLibrary=Reshade64.dll

Works fine for me and boots both the reshade and ENB. You should see the text descriptions for both DLLs displayed at the top left of the screen overlapping each other when booting the game if it worked correctly.

Edited by Gamester42

tunafishes

Got the ENB, whilist it enables roof deformation, is veeeery minimal, I shot with minigun for... 15 seconds and it got a tiny dent into the roof, tried landing on roof too, did very little...

Just so sad that it must be so hard to enable full car deformation :(

Sorry but you are mistaken. The ENB isn't some kind of patch or mod that is some sort of "custom damage" but rather it removes the damage limits on roof and doors. Firing a high caliber bullet, just as in real life, will not cause much of a dent in a car since it will just pass through the surface at an extreme speed---imagine shooting a piece of foil with a BB gun, it will likely pass right through and create a hole with few wrinkles. Now imagine flicking the foil with your finger, it will likely cause a large dent and many wrinkles.

When it comes to roof/door damage the ENB, essentially, simply changes a "1" to "0"; thus completely restoring the damage to how it was before heist update on x360/ps4 and how it is on ps3.

Hit a vehicle's roof with a melee or unarmed a few times and you should quickly be able to see that it is completely restored (the only caveat being the edges of windows seem to retain their shape but that may be unrelated). If it isn't then either ENB isn't running or you have changed your handling.meta file

Take a look at this screenshot. I did this with a couple dozen blows with the hammer if I remember right.

04zEWO3.jpg

Mr.Arrow

It was okay

0_0.jpg

cp1dell

Yeah I have no problem with ENB's deformation fix. I don't know if it alters the game's default deformation, but with Alex Blade's GTA IV Handling mod - one good/high-speed crash to the side and I have a nice deep dent in the doors. Same goes for the roof.

waynechriss

This doesn't work for me. I've tried figuring it out for hours and I don't know why my enblocal's ignoredamagelimits=true is not being utilized.

badchriss

Hm this is weird.For some Time now i also have this Problem that Roofs and Doors don`t get damaged.Actually i don`t know when it started not working.

I`m using Killatomate`s Handling for some Time now.

This is my enblocal.ini , maybe ther is something wrong with it.I also can`t open the ENB Menu in Game or at least i totally forgot how to open it

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num / 106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13

[LIMITER]
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=20.0

[ENGINE]
ForceVSync=false
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[FIX]
FixMoon=true
IgnoreDamageLimits=true

[ANTIALIASING]
HighQualityMSAA=false
HighQualityVehicleMSAA=true

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=0
DesiredFPS=20.0

So,anyone has an Idea what`s wrong?

PlushBanshee

Ehhh a emb i hate emb i proffer sweetfx anyway is there a way to get this fixed without using a shaders enhancer and if no is there a emb that has this denting fix but without all the grathics inhancements thanks