Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,352 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Darlyn

So how's enabling roof+door deformation (damage) coming along?

Voit Turyv

Are you trying to tell me restricted car damage was because of... graphics? Seriously?

spearminty

I wonder if there is a global variable controlling this (all roofs-disable deformation) or if it is in fact within the model

a better RE than me could confirm if this was the case

Dilapidated

In case anyone missed it.... Boris was able to remove the deformation limits with his ENB mod.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/797945-enbseries-graphics-modification/

Now about that damage limit thingy. It's per vertex data for vehicles, so you can't change it without modding models themselves. Instead, i removed that limits in shaders.

For those who wish to bypass the limits without the ENB mod you won't be able to do so. Not at-least until OpenIV allows the editing of models.

TJGM

In case anyone missed it.... Boris was able to remove the deformation limits with his ENB mod.

Now about that damage limit thingy. It's per vertex data for vehicles, so you can't change it without modding models themselves. Instead, i removed that limits in shaders.

For those who wish to bypass the limits without the ENB mod you won't be able to do so. Not at-least until OpenIV allows the editing of models.

I'm pretty sure the damage limit has nothing to do with the models.

cp1dell

Yeah, oddly enough, he says it right there it's something in the shaders.

Sadly he doesn't have plans to release that edited shader separately from ENB, and doesn't understand why someone would want "a mod separated from a mod."

Voit Turyv

I don't use ENB at all and I never have. For people with low-end PCs, the mod with extended deformation alone would be a nice choice.

willywill

I don't use ENB at all and I never have. For people with low-end PCs, the mod with extended deformation alone would be a nice choice.

You can use ENB with JUST that enabled and you wont loose performance. Just give it a shot.

Driver333

Ive been using the crap out of it, all i did was remove the enbseries.ini and left over the enblocal.ini so that it works along with it. That way you get some nicer (optional) flares and the better damage.

Edited by Driver333

badchriss

Sounds cool,when i finished making my GTA V playable again with the "Mods Folder" i will try the ENB.

Are there already some Videos showing the graphical effects of the ENB V AND the improved Damage?I`m very curious to see what`s happening....

Dilapidated

I'm pretty sure the damage limit has nothing to do with the models.

At first I didn't think so either but that's apparently Boris's findings. If it's indeed the case it may be awhile before this becomes a separate mod. I'm fine with it though because ENB appears to be doing a good job at getting past the deformation limits for me.

Edited by Dilapidation

Dilapidated

Sounds cool,when i finished making my GTA V playable again with the "Mods Folder" i will try the ENB.

Are there already some Videos showing the graphical effects of the ENB V AND the improved Damage?I`m very curious to see what`s happening....

This is the only video I could find at the moment. It only shows it at the beginning but perhaps it'll give you an idea :)

poppafewpills

What's this crap called... parallax occlusion mapping or something like that right ?

cp1dell

You can use ENB with JUST that enabled and you wont loose performance. Just give it a shot.

Ive been using the crap out of it, all i did was remove the enbseries.ini and left over the enblocal.ini so that it works along with it. That way you get some nicer (optional) flares and the better damage.

enbseries.ini is created when ENB starts. You have to have it either way.

UseEffect in the file needs to be set to "True." Without it, having the deformation fix enabled in enblocal.ini doesn't do anything.

Bloody Mary

Combining ENB with Real Vehicle Damage 1.1 is the best experience for me at least. Damage is great and unlimited but still realistic. ENB disables the damage limit, RVD1.1 modifies damage itself.

Edited by Bloody Mary

tunafishes

So it's---roof and door damage---- available in ENB? Awesome. I know alot of people find Boris' assorted ENB releases to be a pain in the ass to setup but it cant really be that difficult relative to any other GTAV modding. I remember using assorted ENB plugins for fallout3 and fallout NV and it was truly incredible just how much the graphics looked better. I mean with GTAV I like the graphics enough right now that I haven't checked it out but if I can get fixed collision out of it for doors and roofs then its worth it.

Hope I'm not misunderstanding the previous dozen or so posts here. I knew that it wouldn't make sense to have the damage values in the ytd models since GTAV for PS3 still allows roof and door deformation and unlike older GTA's the deform doesn't seem to be a predefined damage mesh but rather the game engine reading where--the actual vertices of the polygon mesh-- the player is making contact with the weapon and then rendering the damage based on this... thus allowing for so much variation in how you can damage cars in GTAV.

I'm giving the ENB a shot this weekend...Hope to edit this post or reply here soon with some screenshots showing the real damage.

CeasarGuy

Is the damage limit taken off by default with boris' ENB or do you have to somehow enable it? If the answer is yes, how?

TheAdmiester

Is the damage limit taken off by default with boris' ENB or do you have to somehow enable it? If the answer is yes, how?

It's off by default, but if you want to change it, check enblocal.ini. I can't remember what the name is, but it's *something obvious* = true. Just change it to true or false depending on what you want.

TheFlareEntercounter

For those that want total car deformation but don't want ENB - you can just disable ENB ingame and the unlimited deformation will stay applied.

Edited by TheFlareEntercounter

Njale

For those that want total car deformation but don't want ENB - you can just disable ENB ingame and the unlimited deformation will stay applied.

Any tutorial for this bro?

cp1dell

How so? Are you talking about turning it off via Shift-F12? As far as I know, and from what Boris told me in the other thread, UseEffect needs to be set to True, so I don't see how you could turn ENB off but keep the deformation fix.

EDIT: I have no idea what he's talking about with disabling ENB and keeping the distortion fix. I know for a fact that turning off ENB (Shift-F12)/setting UseEffect to False will disable the fix. I've watched a dented roof become un-dented, and become re-dented by turning ENB on and off. If you want just the roof and door fix, use this enbseries.ini. It retains the default graphics, so you can have just the fix:

[GLOBAL]UseEffect=true[TIMEOFDAY]DawnDuration=2.0SunriseTime=6.0DayTime=13.0SunsetTime=20.0DuskDuration=2.0NightTime=1.0[sKY]IgnoreWeatherSystem=trueSunIntensityDawn=1.0SunIntensitySunrise=1.0SunIntensityDay=1.0SunIntensitySunset=1.0SunIntensityDusk=1.0SunIntensityNight=1.0SunSaturationDawn=1.0SunSaturationSunrise=1.0SunSaturationDay=1.0SunSaturationSunset=1.0SunSaturationDusk=1.0SunSaturationNight=1.0SunColorFilterDawn=1, 1, 1SunColorFilterSunrise=1, 1, 1SunColorFilterDay=1, 1, 1SunColorFilterSunset=1, 1, 1SunColorFilterDusk=1, 1, 1SunColorFilterNight=1, 1, 1MoonIntensityDawn=1.0MoonIntensitySunrise=1.0MoonIntensityDay=1.0MoonIntensitySunset=1.0MoonIntensityDusk=1.0MoonIntensityNight=1.0MoonColorFilterDawn=1, 1, 1MoonColorFilterSunrise=1, 1, 1MoonColorFilterDay=1, 1, 1MoonColorFilterSunset=1, 1, 1MoonColorFilterDusk=1, 1, 1MoonColorFilterNight=1, 1, 1StarIntensityDawn=1.0StarIntensitySunrise=1.0StarIntensityDay=1.0StarIntensitySunset=1.0StarIntensityDusk=1.0StarIntensityNight=1.0SkyIntensityDawn=1.0SkyIntensitySunrise=1.0SkyIntensityDay=1.0SkyIntensitySunset=1.0SkyIntensityDusk=1.0SkyIntensityNight=1.0CloudIntensityDawn=1.0CloudIntensitySunrise=1.0CloudIntensityDay=1.0CloudIntensitySunset=1.0CloudIntensityDusk=1.0CloudIntensityNight=1.0CloudSaturationDawn=1.0CloudSaturationSunrise=1.0CloudSaturationDay=1.0CloudSaturationSunset=1.0CloudSaturationDusk=1.0CloudSaturationNight=1.0[LIGHTARTIFICIAL]IgnoreWeatherSystem=trueAmbientUpIntensityDawn=1.0AmbientUpIntensitySunrise=1.0AmbientUpIntensityDay=1.0AmbientUpIntensitySunset=1.0AmbientUpIntensityDusk=1.0AmbientUpIntensityNight=1.0AmbientDownIntensityDawn=1.0AmbientDownIntensitySunrise=1.0AmbientDownIntensityDay=1.0AmbientDownIntensitySunset=1.0AmbientDownIntensityDusk=1.0AmbientDownIntensityNight=1.0AmbientUpIntensityInteriorDawn=1.0AmbientUpIntensityInteriorSunrise=1.0AmbientUpIntensityInteriorDay=1.0AmbientUpIntensityInteriorSunset=1.0AmbientUpIntensityInteriorDusk=1.0AmbientUpIntensityInteriorNight=1.0AmbientDownIntensityInteriorDawn=1.0AmbientDownIntensityInteriorSunrise=1.0AmbientDownIntensityInteriorDay=1.0AmbientDownIntensityInteriorSunset=1.0AmbientDownIntensityInteriorDusk=1.0AmbientDownIntensityInteriorNight=1.0SpotIntensityDawn=1.0SpotIntensitySunrise=1.0SpotIntensityDay=1.0SpotIntensitySunset=1.0SpotIntensityDusk=1.0SpotIntensityNight=1.0VehicleFrontIntensityDawn=1.0VehicleFrontIntensitySunrise=1.0VehicleFrontIntensityDay=1.0VehicleFrontIntensitySunset=1.0VehicleFrontIntensityDusk=1.0VehicleFrontIntensityNight=1.0VehicleBackIntensityDawn=1.0VehicleBackIntensitySunrise=1.0VehicleBackIntensityDay=1.0VehicleBackIntensitySunset=1.0VehicleBackIntensityDusk=1.0VehicleBackIntensityNight=1.0[LIGHTSPRITE]IgnoreWeatherSystem=trueScale=1.0IntensityDawn=1.0IntensitySunrise=1.0IntensityDay=1.0IntensitySunset=1.0IntensityDusk=1.0IntensityNight=1.0WaterReflectionMultiplierDawn=1.0WaterReflectionMultiplierSunrise=1.0WaterReflectionMultiplierDay=1.0WaterReflectionMultiplierSunset=1.0WaterReflectionMultiplierDusk=1.0WaterReflectionMultiplierNight=1.0EnableExternalShader=falseType=0[VEHICLE]ReflectionFresnel=1.0ReflectionGlossiness=1.0ReflectionAmount=1.0MetallicAmount=1.0ChromeSpecularAmount=1.0ChromeReflectionAmount=1.0WheelSpecularAmount=1.0WheelReflectionAmount=1.0GlassReflectionAmount=1.0EmitterReflectionAmount=1.0EmitterIntensity=1.0

Really, the only things I had to change were the Light Sprite Intensity for Dusk and Night to 1.0, the Scale to 1.0, and the Type to 0. Any time of day, if you switch ENB on and off with Shift-F12 you'll see no difference whatsoever now. You can happily use ENB and this .ini file for just the roof and door fix. Albeit, this is for the 274 release, but I'm pretty sure the 275 release just added supersampling reflections, so there shouldn't be a difference.

Edited by cp1dell

b0ssVenom

I wonder if Boris managed to disable only roof limits, or global limits as well. If yes, we can prepare for paper cars shrinking into tiny cans mod :D.

tunafishes

O6Hqhwp.jpg

Looks great. Haven't had a chance to really do serious smashing yet (or tweak enb settings obviously) but works great for deform fix for roof/doors far as I can tell.

If your confused on the steps for how to get it working you'll want to grab a pencil because it's really complicated to get working...:

1) download ENB for GTAV at http://enbdev.com/index_en.html

2) extract files to your GTAV folder

3) launch game and start smashing

I know it's alot to take in and it's so much more complex than installing other mods.. ;)

TheFlareEntercounter

How so? Are you talking about turning it off via Shift-F12? As far as I know, and from what Boris told me in the other thread, UseEffect needs to be set to True, so I don't see how you could turn ENB off but keep the deformation fix.

EDIT: I have no idea what he's talking about with disabling ENB and keeping the distortion fix. I know for a fact that turning off ENB (Shift-F12)/setting UseEffect to False will disable the fix. I've watched a dented roof become un-dented, and become re-dented by turning ENB on and off. If you want just the roof and door fix, use this enbseries.ini. It retains the default graphics, so you can have just the fix:

[GLOBAL]UseEffect=true[TIMEOFDAY]DawnDuration=2.0SunriseTime=6.0DayTime=13.0SunsetTime=20.0DuskDuration=2.0NightTime=1.0[sKY]IgnoreWeatherSystem=trueSunIntensityDawn=1.0SunIntensitySunrise=1.0SunIntensityDay=1.0SunIntensitySunset=1.0SunIntensityDusk=1.0SunIntensityNight=1.0SunSaturationDawn=1.0SunSaturationSunrise=1.0SunSaturationDay=1.0SunSaturationSunset=1.0SunSaturationDusk=1.0SunSaturationNight=1.0SunColorFilterDawn=1, 1, 1SunColorFilterSunrise=1, 1, 1SunColorFilterDay=1, 1, 1SunColorFilterSunset=1, 1, 1SunColorFilterDusk=1, 1, 1SunColorFilterNight=1, 1, 1MoonIntensityDawn=1.0MoonIntensitySunrise=1.0MoonIntensityDay=1.0MoonIntensitySunset=1.0MoonIntensityDusk=1.0MoonIntensityNight=1.0MoonColorFilterDawn=1, 1, 1MoonColorFilterSunrise=1, 1, 1MoonColorFilterDay=1, 1, 1MoonColorFilterSunset=1, 1, 1MoonColorFilterDusk=1, 1, 1MoonColorFilterNight=1, 1, 1StarIntensityDawn=1.0StarIntensitySunrise=1.0StarIntensityDay=1.0StarIntensitySunset=1.0StarIntensityDusk=1.0StarIntensityNight=1.0SkyIntensityDawn=1.0SkyIntensitySunrise=1.0SkyIntensityDay=1.0SkyIntensitySunset=1.0SkyIntensityDusk=1.0SkyIntensityNight=1.0CloudIntensityDawn=1.0CloudIntensitySunrise=1.0CloudIntensityDay=1.0CloudIntensitySunset=1.0CloudIntensityDusk=1.0CloudIntensityNight=1.0CloudSaturationDawn=1.0CloudSaturationSunrise=1.0CloudSaturationDay=1.0CloudSaturationSunset=1.0CloudSaturationDusk=1.0CloudSaturationNight=1.0[LIGHTARTIFICIAL]IgnoreWeatherSystem=trueAmbientUpIntensityDawn=1.0AmbientUpIntensitySunrise=1.0AmbientUpIntensityDay=1.0AmbientUpIntensitySunset=1.0AmbientUpIntensityDusk=1.0AmbientUpIntensityNight=1.0AmbientDownIntensityDawn=1.0AmbientDownIntensitySunrise=1.0AmbientDownIntensityDay=1.0AmbientDownIntensitySunset=1.0AmbientDownIntensityDusk=1.0AmbientDownIntensityNight=1.0AmbientUpIntensityInteriorDawn=1.0AmbientUpIntensityInteriorSunrise=1.0AmbientUpIntensityInteriorDay=1.0AmbientUpIntensityInteriorSunset=1.0AmbientUpIntensityInteriorDusk=1.0AmbientUpIntensityInteriorNight=1.0AmbientDownIntensityInteriorDawn=1.0AmbientDownIntensityInteriorSunrise=1.0AmbientDownIntensityInteriorDay=1.0AmbientDownIntensityInteriorSunset=1.0AmbientDownIntensityInteriorDusk=1.0AmbientDownIntensityInteriorNight=1.0SpotIntensityDawn=1.0SpotIntensitySunrise=1.0SpotIntensityDay=1.0SpotIntensitySunset=1.0SpotIntensityDusk=1.0SpotIntensityNight=1.0VehicleFrontIntensityDawn=1.0VehicleFrontIntensitySunrise=1.0VehicleFrontIntensityDay=1.0VehicleFrontIntensitySunset=1.0VehicleFrontIntensityDusk=1.0VehicleFrontIntensityNight=1.0VehicleBackIntensityDawn=1.0VehicleBackIntensitySunrise=1.0VehicleBackIntensityDay=1.0VehicleBackIntensitySunset=1.0VehicleBackIntensityDusk=1.0VehicleBackIntensityNight=1.0[LIGHTSPRITE]IgnoreWeatherSystem=trueScale=1.0IntensityDawn=1.0IntensitySunrise=1.0IntensityDay=1.0IntensitySunset=1.0IntensityDusk=1.0IntensityNight=1.0WaterReflectionMultiplierDawn=1.0WaterReflectionMultiplierSunrise=1.0WaterReflectionMultiplierDay=1.0WaterReflectionMultiplierSunset=1.0WaterReflectionMultiplierDusk=1.0WaterReflectionMultiplierNight=1.0EnableExternalShader=falseType=0[VEHICLE]ReflectionFresnel=1.0ReflectionGlossiness=1.0ReflectionAmount=1.0MetallicAmount=1.0ChromeSpecularAmount=1.0ChromeReflectionAmount=1.0WheelSpecularAmount=1.0WheelReflectionAmount=1.0GlassReflectionAmount=1.0EmitterReflectionAmount=1.0EmitterIntensity=1.0
Really, the only things I had to change were the Light Sprite Intensity for Dusk and Night to 1.0, the Scale to 1.0, and the Type to 0. Any time of day, if you switch ENB on and off with Shift-F12 you'll see no difference whatsoever now. You can happily use ENB and this .ini file for just the roof and door fix. Albeit, this is for the 274 release, but I'm pretty sure the 275 release just added supersampling reflections, so there shouldn't be a difference.

Strange, I disabled the ENB while ingame because it was giving me low FPS, crashed my Monroe off a bridge a few minutes later and managed to damage the roof and even the steering wheel.

aJ6uw7X.jpg

Edited by TheFlareEntercounter

cp1dell

From the looks of your screenshot, your ENB is still activated. It's the lights that give it away. They have this light "orb" over them. This is controlled by "Type" under [LIGHTSPRITE]. That is when it is set to 2 - vanilla graphics, you set it to 0.

Gamester42

I don't know how a shader adjuster like ENB Series would change the physic limits of vehicles, but that seems to be the case oddly. ENB certainly helps the issue, but doesn't completely eliminate it. A lot of cars still will not allow the roof to crush in, like the Tornado for example, but a good chunk of the vehicles do have a lot more roof damage.

Guess this will work ok for now, good find guys!

Edited by Gamester42

PißWasser

Wtf, the download button on the enbdev page seriously doesnt work for me, just redirects me to enbdev.com

Anyone else having this problem??

PißWasser

Read something about boris quiting on his forum, what is this all about?

cp1dell

From what I understand someone made an account on his forum, and was criticizing him or something. I guess Boris was pretty pissed, and he said he deleted all GTA V mods and is refusing to work on them any further.

CeasarGuy

From what I understand someone made an account on his forum, and was criticizing him or something. I guess Boris was pretty pissed, and he said he deleted all GTA V mods and is refusing to work on them any further.

Yep, that seems to be about right.

I used to respect boris, but now? That move was just pathetic. You won't go far in life with his attitude.