Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,964 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Darlyn

So how's enabling roof+door deformation (damage) coming along?

Darlyn

Edit: Looks like this has almost been solved! ENB found a way to fix this for most cars. Install ENB and use the following enbseries.ini. If you don't like the way the light orbs look or they are buggy, change Type=0 to Type=2. If the linked enbseries.ini doesn't work, then use the default .ini.

----------------------------
Original post:

Any updates on how R* disabled car damage for roofs and doors? This is seriously the biggest issue in the game and needs priority. Did they bake it into the models files or what?

Edited by Darlyn

hesselgren

R* will probably fix it again, and break some other stuff instead..

Drkz

Bet my ass this value is hidden somewhere in .ymt files.

Maybe i'm giving these .ymt files way too much credit but i bet my left asscheek that some real crucial stuff is in them.

Edited by Drkz

turbocharger

Ass is never a good thing to bet on, no matter how certain you are. Besides, you'll see for yourself. Prepare a lubricant, just in case.

Njale

There's nothing to fix, it's made the way it is intentionally.

PißWasser

I also have made a topic on this and didnt really get any informative reactions on it. Are we really the only ones who care about this? I see tons and tons of mods trying to make the game more realistic, but no-one has been bothered about THIS yet?

It looks so f*cking stupid when your car explodes or lands on the top and the roof and doors are still in perfect shape. How could R* even do this? Have they lost their mind or something? Might as well remove doors and roof entirely in next gta from cars?

I really can't believe they've actually made it this way. wtf.

Edited by PißWasser

Fireboyd78

181 hours so far on the PC version and I haven't really noticed the lack of door/roof deformation.

I'm pretty sure we can live without it. Vehicle interiors would get screwed up because of it, and it would give people something else to bitch about.

Jax765

181 hours so far on the PC version and I haven't really noticed the lack of door/roof deformation.

I'm pretty sure we can live without it. Vehicle interiors would get screwed up because of it, and it would give people something else to bitch about.

I wasn't aware that you spoke for everyone. Not everyone gives a sh*t about first person view, so having the option to enable proper deformation again would be cool.

PißWasser

They could just kick you out of first person view when your roof damages. Or the player could just dug? Or he'd be dead like in real life unless you're using godmode?

Cadde

Or one could, you know if they play in first person like I do, just get over it. If you end up on your roof so hard that it caves in and "massacres" the viewport then you are technically dead anyways and so is your vehicle.

And if one still wants to go on with a roofline in his viewport then there's always 3rd person view...

InfamousSabre

Or, if we can test whether the roof is caved in, we could always just force the player to duck.

oCrapaCreeper

Or, if we can test whether the roof is caved in, we could always just force the player to duck.

Forcing the player to duck would not solve much.

Giving the sides and roof of cars full deformation again without it looking bad would require the interiors and dashboards of the cars to have damage models. Plus ducking would do nothing for player clipping on the sides of the car.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

Darlyn

I don't really care what happens to the player. Have it noclip through like it did previously. Whatever.

The point is, deformation needs to be enabled somehow. Anything is better than zero damage.

oCrapaCreeper

I don't really care what happens to the player. Have it noclip through like it did previously. Whatever.

The point is, deformation needs to be enabled somehow. Anything is better than zero damage.

My best guess is that if no one has done it yet, it's not something that can simply be changed in notepad or something. I assume turning it on would involve changing the actual models of the cars.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

InfamousSabre

Forcing the player to duck would not solve much.

Giving the sides and roof of cars full deformation again without it looking bad would require the interiors and dashboards of the cars to have damage models. Plus ducking would do nothing for player clipping on the sides of the car.

Better than nothing. I wouldn't care if the FP cam just went right through the roof, but it would look better if the player was forced to duck.

A5R

R* went seriously lazy with this and f*cked it up completely. They could've come up with way better solutions instead of completely removing damage.On top of that they advertised it as improved damage.

FlyingAce

What if they made the door and roof deformation invisible in first person? like make the whole car a "first person view model" so you dont even see the "third person call model" in first person... so the damage on them only appears in third?

JennyC6

I wasn't aware that you spoke for everyone. Not everyone gives a sh*t about first person view, so having the option to enable proper deformation again would be cool.

I plan on playing my PC playthroughs entirely in First Person and it bugs me. Yes, yes, I'm well aware that the dashboard would get all muddled....hey R* guess what? That happens to a real car as well!

b0ssVenom

Someone may be able to change the limits, it is probably coded into physics engine thought.

These limits were there in GTA 4 as well, it's nothing very new.

Look how much for example you can damage Comet until you hit the deformation limits:

V8GcMpy.png

We really need to adjust that.

Edited by Bone34

hesselgren

but there was a time when you could smash the roof down with a golfclub, then they did something so it couldnt be done anymore, then they fixed it back, and now they fixed it away again.

b0ssVenom

but there was a time when you could smash the roof down with a golfclub, then they did something so it couldnt be done anymore, then they fixed it back, and now they fixed it away again.

It's intentional because they probably weren't sure if it's necessary to keep these roof limits, but then they decided to enable the limit again, because of heads popping through the roof.

Darlyn

Okay, enough about how R* should have done it. It doesn't matter. The key point is that modding needs fix it.

Back to the original question: has any progress been made? Especially now that it's possible to edit view some of the vehicle models textures.

Edited by Darlyn

PißWasser

I think there's no progress yet because most modders are more focussed on opening the yft files, trying to make cars editable etc.

Crimson Flam3s

Funnily enough, I was searching for any clues for these deformation values for an hour today, and found these ymt files. I strongly suspect ,whatever disabled the roof and doors collisions, lies there. Couldn't open these files and did a google search on them just to end up here.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon, I'm sure it will, it just takes time.

b0ssVenom

Funnily enough, I was searching for any clues for these deformation values for an hour today, and found these ymt files. I strongly suspect ,whatever disabled the roof and doors collisions, lies there. Couldn't open these files and did a google search on them just to end up here.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon, I'm sure it will, it just takes time.

How are they called ?

Darlyn

That's also my suspicion (as stated in the OP), but there's currently no way to view those YMT model files.

Crimson Flam3s

I can't remember their names right now but I do have them bookmarked.

Also I had an idea yesterday. If we can download a ps3/360 copy of the game and compare it's vehicle related content to the pc maybe we could find a clue.

I downloaded common.rpf and I'm still examining it. If only I knew which files deal with a car's deformation, the ones that I think do that, are the ones we can't open yet.

Edited by Crimson Flam3s

PißWasser

Finally someone to come up with something useful :) @Crimson Flam3s

Darlyn

I can't remember their names right now but I do have them bookmarked.

Also I had an idea yesterday. If we can download a ps3/360 copy of the game and compare it's vehicle related content to the pc maybe we could find a clue.

I downloaded common.rpf and I'm still examining it. If only I knew which files deal with a car's deformation, the ones that I think do that, are the ones we can't open yet.

In the X360 version, the vehicles are in xbox360b.rpf/models/cdimages/vehicles.rpf. You can get vehicles.rpf in this thread (195 MB).

In the PC version, they are in x64e.rpf\levels\gta5\vehicles.rpf

We'll have to wait until OpenIV is updated to view the PC files, though. This feature hasn't been made public yet.

Gamester42

When you guys say it was working before; do you mean a certain PC patch version had full the damage working or only on PS3/360?