3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Hidden jokes you missed

SmokesWithCigs

SmokesWithCigs

families and ballas. since liberty city is based on the contemporary new york of 2008 it would make sense because there are bloods and crips in new york which are the real world equivalent of families and ballas. they wouldn't be part of the story they would just be a presence to set the scene of the parodying of new york. what do y'all think?

• Like 3

This game had nothing to do with street gangs. It felt right to have mafias and mobs but if it had thug gangs then it would have ruined it.

Edited by Nick

VWSTp.png

happygrowls

This game had nothing to do with street gangs. It felt right to have mafias and mobs but if it had thug gangs then it would have ruined it.

So Dwayne's gang ruined the game?

SmokesWithCigs

what i had in mind was that they would just be npc's . just props or part of the scenery. they would behave like the east coast. you might see a group of them on park benches or hanging in appartment courtyards in holland or on subway station platforms. you might see one or two of them walking up the street you might see a few of them interacting in scripted drug deals etc. i'm saying they won't have an active role n the story nor would theey have any part of game play they would just be there to show a refelection of current times in LC.

SmokesWithCigs

while i'm on that subject theres also latin gangs in LC manny escuela was part of a latin gang that looks similar to the latin kings. i know i've seen a couple of them wallking around lc. theres also jamaican posses so why not have ballas and families?

They could have done something with the S.M.M bloodz probably included them as an NPC gang or maybe rivals of Playboy X and Dwayne's North Holland Hustlers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHTdcGGIQM

Edited by Zello
  • Like 1

Shadowfennekin

I don't see why not. Angels of Death were supposed to be in San Andreas/Fierro so there could easily be Families/Ballas in Liberty City

Big_Smiley

families and ballas. since liberty city is based on the contemporary new york of 2008 it would make sense because there are bloods and crips in new york which are the real world equivalent of families and ballas. they wouldn't be part of the story they would just be a presence to set the scene of the parodying of new york. what do y'all think?

Actully blood's and crips are from Los Angles,California. The compton center (i think around there) but thier from LA anyway back to topic I think it would've been cool if the grove ST. familes and Ballas were in liberty city. I think it would be intresting to see a pack of Ballas hanging around burger-shot and walking up to them then they ask Niko.."hey homie where you from? you bang? Then Niko replies "i from europe fool you want to f*ck with me bring it on". Lol but sadly they stayed in Los Santos. The grove st. gang would've been a fun gang too hang aroud with too.

Intergalactic Pimp

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet. I was listening to IV's WKTT Just or Unjust, and Lamar Davis is the Davis in the Davis v. Allan case. It's not the same character/voice actor as Lamar in V, but still cool.

Fast forward to 1:17

Edited by Intergalactic Pimp
  • Like 1

ThunderBanana

Same name, but doesn't sound like him at all :/

And what does it have anything to do with GTA V PC? No offense, OP.

Edited by Kampret

SmokesWithCigs

Actully blood's and crips are from Los Angles,California. The compton center (i think around there) but thier from LA anyway back to topic I think it would've been cool if the grove ST. familes and Ballas were in liberty city. I think it would be intresting to see a pack of Ballas hanging around burger-shot and walking up to them then they ask Niko.."hey homie where you from? you bang? Then Niko replies "i from europe fool you want to f*ck with me bring it on". Lol but sadly they stayed in Los Santos. The grove st. gang would've been a fun gang too hang aroud with too.

I know they are from LA there are B's and C's all over the world though and they are also in new york city watch gangland. In spike lee's movie red hook summer there is a blood gang

Igor Bogdanoff

Only thing what GTA 4 should have is good optimization

SuperGTFan

Only thing what GTA 4 should have is good optimization

Guess it really needed more time to " polish "

1st the guys name in that clip is Lavar Davis not Lamar, second he is an accountant so it can't be Lamar.

You can clearly hear him say 'Lavar'. I've also heared that show in game and though the same thing until I heared it again.

happygrowls

Off-Topic but damn did IV have more funnier talk show radio stations. The humor wasn't over the top and only amusing to 12 year olds unlike V's two talk show radios stations. Seriously, WCTR and Blaine County Radio suck.

aaaand the unnecessary V vs IV argument begins.

SuperGTFan

Off-Topic but damn did IV have more funnier talk show radio stations. The humor wasn't over the top and only amusing to 12 year olds unlike V's two talk show radios stations. Seriously, WCTR and Blaine County Radio suck.

aaaand the unnecessary V vs IV argument begins. It's only natural .
  • Like 1

Shadowfennekin

Yeah, that's not Lamar. Lamar's been in the hood his whole life with Franklin.

And that's Lavar

Vaultboy1942

Technically it could be, I mean a lot of characters aren't set in stone and maybe a very lose pre production for V was taking place during the end of GTA IV's Development, I could have sworn GTA 4 also had a few hints at the return of San Andreas.

The Dedito Gae

what?

da f*ck you are talking about?

the gang scene in LC must be accurate to real life, we are not asking for Niko to dress in green and shout "Grove for life!!" it's just a gang in the background, just Peds dressed in green and purple, doesn't affect the story as much as MOB or the Lost.

• Like 4

It really would have been a waste of development resources.

VWSTp.png

Vaultboy1942

what?

da f*ck you are talking about?

the gang scene in LC must be accurate to real life, we are not asking for Niko to dress in green and shout "Grove for life!!" it's just a gang in the background, just Peds dressed in green and purple, doesn't affect the story as much as MOB or the Lost.

You guys forget when the game came out a few months later or maybe some time around launch they announced GTA 4 was non canonical towards GTA 3 and any game of that Generation this includes San Andreas with that said at the time Groove Street ceased to exist entirely unless Rockstar were to decide afterwards to bring up characters , references , etc back for a future game. in the GTA 4 universe there is no Claude Speed , no Love and or Love Media , No El Burro , No Misty, no 8 Ball or anything in order to give GTA 4 a new start and , more importantly to give Liberty City a new life in a present day contemporary setting remember even the layout of GTA 4's Liberty City has nothing in common. Later on during the development of GTA 5 they decided you know what let's bring back Groove Street , let's bring back this fictional real world companies and ties to the earlier games. This had nothing to do with resources etc , for the Scope and setting as well as the direction of the game it made no sense to have Groove Street so don't get pissy also if they do remaster the game it would be disrespectful to add those elements into the game because it goes against the vision the team had for that game. So it is said so it is done, one does not merely bring Groove Street to GTA 4's vision of LibertyCity Edited by Vaultboy1942

SuperGTFan

Technically it could be, I mean a lot of characters aren't set in stone and maybe a very lose pre production for V was taking place during the end of GTA IV's Development, I could have sworn GTA 4 also had a few hints at the return of San Andreas.

It's true , there is this big sign called " Visit Los Santos " , it was seen at the end of " The GTA 4 Series Epilogue " by gtaseriesvideos.