2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Do you retire your characters or just delete them?

FrugalDangerMan

FrugalDangerMan

I recently made the tough call to delete my 1st online character. I hadn't used him in quite some time, so all of his skills had degraded to 0 and I my second chracter has a much higher rank now. I've also unlocked all of the vehicle modifications with her and she also has access to all of the July 4th content from last year (Liberator FTW).

The decission was a tough one though. I had attached my collectors content to my first character (Hotknife, 10% discount at stores, etc) and had used him through Valentines so I had access to a lot of that content (didnt keep the Rosevelt though, so....).

I sold off all of the cars I could, downgraded his 3 high end apartments to the least expensive places I could get. It was a beautiful sunny day in Los Santos, so I dressed him in swim trunks and sunglasses then took him out off of Del Piero Pier in his yacht. I then gave him $1,000,000 in pocket money (he earned it and I had over $30mil at the time) and dove into the ocean for a swim before exiting to single player and going to the create a character screen.

Has anyone else done anything like this or am I just a crazy person?

Verstappen

Never felt the need to delete my first character as it's still my main one. Other one is a lvl1 male.

Edited by Verstappen

I've deleted so many characters after fighting with the creator, if I did that I'd be broke and there'd be a boat shortage :lol:

Skills degrade when you're not using the char?

Anyway I just created my 2nd character. It's a role-playing character - a biker, so far without a home (and I probably won't even buy a house, or a cheap one with a 2-car garage at most). Right now he drives a stolen Manana until I find either a Picador or a Daemon/Hexer/Bagger bike. A small-time criminal like that won't live long and I created him already looking old, so I'll probably kill him off when he gets to level 20 or so, not sure how yet. Probably the cops just get him.

Edited by RogerWho

I wonder if anyone makes characters that they delete after every kill just for realism's sake.

Lol must be really annoying when they randomly blown up by a homing launcher while flying a helicopter.

CaptainMental

Yes.

Yes.

At some point I haven't used mine for pretty f*cking long and his skills haven't changed a bit. Edited by lol232

I wonder if anyone makes characters that they delete after every kill just for realism's sake.

Lol must be really annoying when they randomly blown up by a homing launcher while flying a helicopter.

Actually I'm thinking about exactly that. Tho I'd prefer if I could have a 3rd character for that. And death by cops/npcs don't count.

Being blown up with a HL is not issue. As a hardcore low level you avoid everybody anyway and helicopters don't spawn for you so it'd be hard to find one.

Actually I'm thinking about exactly that. Tho I'd prefer if I could have a 3rd character for that. And death by cops/npcs don't count.

Being blown up with a HL is not issue. As a hardcore low level you avoid everybody anyway and helicopters don't spawn for you so it'd be hard to find one.

now i'm interested in doing this.

Used the same one always. Same one in GTA IV. Same one in Rogue, the dungeon game, even though he looked more like an @ than he does now.

Edited by Jehannum

The Lone Wanderer

neither, I make a new account at 120 or 100

Never had deleted any characters (aside from the usually instant pre-game delete-character-because-they-are-uglier-than-they-appeared-in-the-creator). Been using my main since the third(ish) day of having bought the game.

I do happen to have a level 12-20(ish) I never use anymore because I was just testing the extra character slot. Not sure if that counts as "retiring" him.

I never even made a second character. I've been using mine since the day I started playing GTA Online.

Is there a reason to make a second one? Just asking.

Phantomspirit

I never even made a second character. I've been using mine since the day I started playing GTA Online.

It's great fun to start a new character(try the opposite sex) especially after you've played for a year or so,it gives you a complete rebirth in the game,really fun! You will be surprised,the game feels fresh again as you start from the bottom again..

Giantsgiants

I retire them. If I feel like it, I'll use a character I don't use often, but it's mostly to mess around.

ugotsmoked

Adder bonds.