2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

[Suggestion] Expert Difficulty to Encourage replay of all Heists

Impact1983

Impact1983

Problem:

Everyone ONLY replays (farms) the final Union Pacific bank heist and do not play the other heists. The reason for this is because it has the largest payout.

Solution:

I am suggesting that Rockstar add an "Expert" difficulty level, for Heists, that unlocks after you have completed the heist on Hard one time. This expert difficulty would then make the heist a) harder & b) worth more money.

The point of this is to make all Expert Heists payout the same amount for ALL HEISTS to encourage players to replay all of the heists.

Edited by Impact1983
  • Like 3

§†range

Too good an idea. Will not be implemented.

If it had ramps and jumps maybe

Edited by 2+2=5

And how far would the difficulty be increased like?

One shot kill? Pop-up from behind with auto-shotgun to your head? Police in Buzzards with those missile-bending pilot? More Police cars that run around like F1 with a mass of a bulldozer?

No. I think relying on Heavy Vest + BP Helmet alone just to balance the terminator's extreme damage and accuracy is already pathetic. Not to mention the body armor and snack stock-up method.

• Like 3

§†range

Not to mention the body armor and snack stock-up method.

This should be restocked at a restart

PlasmicSnake

I don't think the problem is people playing Pacific heist, the real problem is people tanking heists for fun. Id rather farm the Fleeca heist than suffer thru the pacific finale another time. Maybe if expert gave every player 1 life and only the survivors got a payout than it might be mean something, but a harder difficulty will not get me back into playing heists until they do something about the people who ruin heists on purpose.

What happens when people master expert and then refarm psj ? Would there then be an expert expert ? You'll still end up in the same situation ( which I do not agree that there is a problem ) people will still play the heist that they like and avoid the ones they do not.

§†range

What happens when people master expert and then refarm psj ? Would there then be an expert expert ? You'll still end up in the same situation ( which I do not agree that there is a problem ) people will still play the heist that they like and avoid the ones they do not.

Colby help me with an arm wrestle man...

TheKingChivas

Problem: too many heist leaders set the difficulty on set-ups on normal or easy.

Solution: Leave the heist set-up.

Pettyium117

Expert mode should be a thing but not the way the op wants. It should have elements of Last Team Standing for certain missions for example the Pacific standard finale if someone dies that person gets no cut but if the carriers did die you lose money but you also have the option to pick the bag up or go on with out it. Or if you fail a certain setup in expert the heist is aborted and you have to start from the Beginning and have to pay the setup fee over again. Payouts could be a bit higher as well. The thing is r* won't do this because they would have to change the way AI targeting works, damage models, The wanted system and a Police Spawning works cause the infinite spawning and popping up in front of you when nothing is there a second ago isn't gonna make sense in a expert mode. This is all gonna require a lot more testing and QA, I hate to be a downer but let's be realistic most people won't play this mode due to the difficulty and it would cost R* more money and time than what a single mode is worth. This could be a awesome mod for PC online but as we know Mods are not allowed.

BamaGoodfella

A very simple solution to the problem you suggested OP would be to make it so that you had to complete every heist on your board (not necessarily in order) before you could replay them. Of course, I think that if Rockstar would have given us the option for either a stealthy or loud heist plan like we had for single player heist that would have helped add more replay value also.

• Like 1

Sure....im on PS3 hit me up

§†range

Sure....im on PS3 hit me up

the canadian kush bro

There's already an 'expert' level for hiests - do it on hard and complete the elite challenges. It's essentially Criminal Mastermind with a time limit. Do it without Kurumas, helmets or heavy vests to up the challenge.

Beyond that, the only way to make them harder would be to beef up the AI - who are brutal enough already. We don't need that.

• Like 4

LOL! Yea! I know right?

:lol:

CarimboHanky

There's already an 'expert' level for hiests - do it on hard and complete the elite challenges. It's essentially Criminal Mastermind with a time limit. Do it without Kurumas, helmets or heavy vests to up the challenge.

elite challenges are a true bitch!!!

time consuming and gets really frustrating.

apart from the fleeca bank, none of the challenges can be done using a car, they all require bikes to make the time.

heavy vest are a big no-no since it slow you down.

i know what it takes, i have been dealing with this challenges for little over a month now, thank god i got some nice friends that help me, they all completed the elite challenge but still repeat the same mission, the same route for HOURS with me.

• Like 2

Beyond that, the only way to make them harder would be to beef up the AI - who are brutal enough already. We don't need that.

^^^ Bingo. They are super hard, require team work and communication, require unique tactics to accomplish and offer a greater payout.

This is exactly what you want out of an "expert difficulty".

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

As long as i see in random heist more idiots then not i refuse to beleve its that bad.

Also if you want a more dificult challenge....like said they simply exist...do them.

Edited by goldadderXD

I see many fails already on hard difficulty, so I barely imagine how it would be on expert. A pain in the ass.

Rage quitters ready to go.

VanessaMagick

Expert difficulty should remove the ability to restock armour, weapons, ammo, snacks, etc. during the middle of a mission.

It should also remove PV's (maybe spawning 4-seater cars near the mission start point)

VanessaMagick

^ Should be free aim and maybe remove the HUD?

Free aim, sure. Not removing the HUD, though. It seems unnecessary.

elite challenges are a true bitch!!!

time consuming and gets really frustrating.

apart from the fleeca bank, none of the challenges can be done using a car, they all require bikes to make the time.

heavy vest are a big no-no since it slow you down.

i know what it takes, i have been dealing with this challenges for little over a month now, thank god i got some nice friends that help me, they all completed the elite challenge but still repeat the same mission, the same route for HOURS with me.

I concur, are you ever going to take those T-Shirts off? I know I probably wont lol.

The elite challenges are hard enough OP, if you want to do heists on an ''expert'' level then do the elite challenges.

dUcDQjrlBkuccPKgfHUe_A_0_0.jpg

Thanks to Do_Om, DaTwista, and Wesker for one of the most memorable gaming experiences I've ever had.

^ Should be free aim and maybe remove the HUD?

Try the Point of Veiw Challenge, it is certainly worth it!!!

Edited by sebcreed

A friend and I just do the fleeca job twice when we have nothing better to do (about 45mins work) $143,750 each - easy money. Considering you can join the Pacific Standard with randoms and end up with less money and can spend more time trying to finish it.

We also met two charming fellows from Philly and we do the Pacific Standard quite regularly.

• Like 1

senormidget

If you made them all pay the same people would just farm whichever can be done the quickest. Farmers gonna farm bro.

Expert difficulty how? The cops are already incredibly annoying cheating aimbots, enemies are plentiful, scientists can smell you from a mile away and latency means you won't even know you're being hit until you're dead.

Besides, if every heist would offer this difficulty, everyone would still just farm PS anyway, with higher payout.

• Like 3

Expert difficulty how? The cops are already incredibly annoying cheating aimbots, enemies are plentiful, scientists can smell you from a mile away and latency means you won't even know you're being hit until you're dead.

Besides, if every heist would offer this difficulty, everyone would still just farm PS anyway, with higher payout.

yeah , especially in pacific standard . the getaway part & NOOSE grangers