2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

I wanna build a PC, need help!

menny

Hi guys! The last day I was thinking of selling my PS4 and start building a gaming PC that can run the game all maxed out at a decent frame rate. Is it possible with a budget of 1000€ (more or less)? Obviously I need this pc for many other things, but I want something that can run the game like I want (if possible).

PS: I don't need any peripherals, only the PC itself!

Thanks for the advices! :)

*Post deleted.

Edited by The7thOne

dVOJf7l.png

Crystal3lf

i7-4790k, GTX-970, 16GB RAM, 650W+ PSU, z97 motherboard, 256GB+ SSD, and a case of your choice.

All these will get you running GTA V at max with 60+ FPS. I'd recommend Corsair and ASUS parts over others IMO, they are much better quality and usually have higher performance. If you have enough money left or just want to increase your budget, a GTX-980 would increase performance further.

This is a complete list of my parts and I get 80+ FPS with no heat issues or stuttering regardless of what people will tell you about the 970, because they're wrong:

Intel i7-4790k OC @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS GTX-970 4GB STRIX

ASUS Maximus Ranger VII

24GB 1866Mhz Kingston HyperX Fury

Corsair CX750w PSU

Corsair H110 CPU Cooler

NZXT Phantom 410 Black

500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD

2TB HDD

1TB HDD

i7-4790k, GTX-970, 16GB RAM, 650W+ PSU, z97 motherboard, 256GB+ SSD, and a case of your choice.

All these will get you running GTA V at max with 60+ FPS. I'd recommend Corsair and ASUS parts over others IMO, they are much better quality and usually have higher performance. If you have enough money left or just want to increase your budget, a GTX-980 would increase performance further.

This is a complete list of my parts and I get 80+ FPS with no heat issues or stuttering regardless of what people will tell you about the 970, because they're wrong:

ASUS GTX-970 4GB STRIX

ASUS Maximus Ranger VII

Corsair CX750w PSU

Corsair H110 CPU Cooler

NZXT Phantom 410 Black

2TB HDD

1TB HDD

You could also probably go for the i5 4690k instead of the i7 4790k and save some extra money

*Post deleted.

Edited by The7thOne

dVOJf7l.png

The minimum specs recommended are SLI- Titan Zs. i7 8 core. And 32 GB ram.

ASUS GTX-970 4GB STRIX

ASUS Maximus Ranger VII

Corsair CX750w PSU

Corsair H110 CPU Cooler

NZXT Phantom 410 Black

2TB HDD

1TB HDD

You could also probably go for the i5 4690k instead of the i7 4790k and save some extra money

True, but it may not be ideal if he wants to get into video editing. That said, the i5 is definitely a damn good CPU. It'll be good for him, if he's just gaming.

Yah that's what I was thinking, he hasn't really specified what other stuff is - it may just be usual computer stuff, word, browsing etc! ha

Thanks guys for all the good advices! I will use this PC for AutoCAD, Sketchbook Pro and maybe Z - Brush, not only for gaming. :)

Thanks guys for all the good advices! I will use this PC for AutoCAD, Sketchbook Pro and maybe Z - Brush, not only for gaming. :)

Which means you'll probably need an i7.

1. Do you plan on overclocking?

2. Are you planning to not use some of your budget?

My budget will stay the same. If I need to add 100/200 € more, that's not a problem (I'll do some other sacrifice :D). Overclocking is not important, but if I can do it sometime in the future it wouldn't be bad. :)

hesselgren

i suggest you look at reviews on graphics cards and stuff. then decide whats best for you.

i'm not gonna recommend any cards cuz i have i AMD r9 290x and it works fine, but you cant say that here (its like talking about a Volvo on a SAAB forum).. but that card wont be able to MAX OUT the graphics in gta, you need more expensive stuff and probably dual cards for that

My budget will stay the same. If I need to add 100/200 € more, that's not a problem (I'll do some other sacrifice :D). Overclocking is not important, but if I can do it sometime in the future it wouldn't be bad. :)

No, my second question is like, are you planning to use all of your budget allocated, or are you trying to save money? Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Well, if I can save some money I would be happy, of course, but in order to get a better PC I need to spend all of my budjet (I think)

Kurosawa91

If you dont care that much about Overclocking you should consider an Intel Xeon CPU. Basically an i7 without the iGPU. Core i5 seems too expensive compared to a Xeon.

Crystal3lf

If you dont care that much about Overclocking you should consider an Intel Xeon CPU.

No. Xeon's are not made for gaming.

*Post deleted.

Edited by The7thOne

dVOJf7l.png

Kurosawa91

If you dont care that much about Overclocking you should consider an Intel Xeon CPU.

No. Xeon's are not made for gaming.

Common misconception. Look at some benchmarks and we can talk again. I know tons of people building Gaming-Rigs with Xeons. Works like a charm.

And they are not expensive either. In my country you will pay 235€ for an i5 4690K and 250€ for a Xeon E3 1231v3

Edited by Kurosawa91

I don't need to do video editing and such, so the problem doesn't exist. ;) All I want is make the game run all maxed out and use this setup to do some car design jobs with Sketchbook, AutoCAD and Z Brush.

Then an i5 is all you need. AutoCAD doesn't use multi-threading, so the extra threads of an i7 shouldn't be used anyway. Get a 4690K.

hesselgren

a thing to have in mind when building a PC, buy the newest and best stuff. cuz it's gonna get outdated fast if you dont.

Then an i5 is all you need. AutoCAD doesn't use multi-threading, so the extra threads of an i7 shouldn't be used anyway. Get a 4690K.

a thing to have in mind when building a PC, buy the newest and best stuff. cuz it's gonna get outdated fast if you dont.

So, the I5 could get outdated soon?

*Post deleted.

Edited by The7thOne

dVOJf7l.png

So, the I5 could get outdated soon?

Probably not soon enough to worry about.

Perfect! So a 4690K is the right choice? :)

*Post deleted.

Edited by The7thOne

dVOJf7l.png

Guys, the Xeon the guy talked about is an i7 with no iGPU, so it would have been fine too, if the cost of the i5 4690k is similar to a Xeon E3-1230/1v3 go for the Xeon, yeah, you don't need it blah blah blah but it's almost free performance increase...

I don't need to do video editing and such, so the problem doesn't exist. ;) All I want is make the game run all maxed out and use this setup to do some car design jobs with Sketchbook, AutoCAD and Z Brush.

These software can be used for 2D and 3D. I think you made creations in 2D (according to Sketchbook, used to create "sketch" and more, then 2D mostly I think).

In this case, yes a i5 is good. But if you made 3D, then prefer a i7.

ZBrush prefer i7, but works well on i5. By default AutoCad is a 2D software, where 3D is possible and is very powerful (with the latest versions) for 3D then a i5 can be enough (for 2D), but if you made a lot of 3D creations, then even with AutoCad a i7 is very useful (there are many better softwares, if you make 2D only, you can try to use DraftSight, free and open source solution, and the (very nice & good) brother of Catia and Solidworks).

In fact all this depends of your needs. If you make a lot of 3D creations, then a i7 is very recommended. If you make only 3 or 4 little 3D creations by years, a i5 is enough.

If you make only 2D creations, then a i5 is enough.

A Xeon can be the solution too, but in this case i recommend this one: Intel Xeon E3-1245V3 @3.4 GHz.

It's the most interesting Intel processor below 380$ (price from 250 to 420$.. it's a xeon, the differences of price are totally crazy on this product..lol), because it's the only one which can handle all Intel technologies, and then multi-use and can works like an i5 or a i7 or a Xeon). It's very comparable to an i7 4770.. and in term of price, between the i5 4670k and the i7 4770k.

Yes by default a Xeon is useful for a server (usually) because a server needs much more processing power (and then It's very useful for 2D and 3D when the software allows to use the GPU or/and the CPU... generally good softwares by default use both of them). and I agree, a Xeon can be very nice for gaming too (but in this case i recommend it for "experts", able to optimize it for gaming in the Bios).

Just for curiosity, Did you try Blender (free and open source)?

I know, it can be difficult to adopt it when we use it for the first times (especially if you are very accustomed to using AutoCad and ZBrush), but it's a very good stuff for 2D and 3D.

Because in your case, it's would a good alternative too (with Blender, no need to have Autocad and Zbrush, Blender can easily replace these 2 softwares and can be totally compatible with files from AutoCad and Zbrush).

i suggest you look at reviews on graphics cards and stuff. then decide whats best for you.

i'm not gonna recommend any cards cuz i have i AMD r9 290x and it works fine, but you cant say that here (its like talking about a Volvo on a SAAB forum).. but that card wont be able to MAX OUT the graphics in gta, you need more expensive stuff and probably dual cards for that

Hoooooo :whistle: ... Reported and ask for ban!!

LOL

He's asking for advices, "we" don't care if people haven't the same opinion.

The only one important thing is to share some Good (= true) advices.

I'm a nvidia user (not a nvidia fan), but i agree with you, a R9 290X is a very nice graphic card, and will be a very nice choice too (even if i prefer nvidia lol). But you right on everything (and it's the only one important thing). No need to write a good and legitimate opinion with small size! (lol)

We don't care about AMD/Nvidia fans, they aren't smart enough to make the differences between quality (truth) and personal opinion/preference (not necessarily true).

You should only need about 1000$ for a good pc. I don't know how that translates to EU with possible price differences.

southparkmayor

Make sure to get a 12 core skylake i7 with 100MB L3 cache and overclock it to 7GHZ and attach it to an industrial grade refrigerator cooler. This setup will allow the game to process unoptimized logarithms/code such as those that process the in game clock or walking while maintaining a frametime of 100ms or 10fps.