2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

24 hour clock in posts

Rich246

Well, when a post displays the time it says "Yesterday at 01:34 PM" I'd lke an option for it to say "Yesterday at 13:34"

It doesn't even say that, it just says "Posted a day ago" and says no specific time unless your forum looks different from mine. If you hover over it you will get the exact post time in GMT.

At the top of the post, right of the avatar it says "Posted Today, 09:28 AM"

universetwisters

That's only if it was posted recently. Come back in an hour and it'll say "posted an hour ago" or something to that effect.

That's only if it was posted recently. Come back in an hour and it'll say "posted an hour ago" or something to that effect.

I know, that's where a clock comes in handy ;)

Please do show a screenshot of what you mean as it just doesn't. It only says "Posted A minute ago" before it starts counting up, it never states the exact time. Edited by Andreaz1

universetwisters

I know, that's where a clock comes in handy ;)

They only show the time when either directly right as you post or a few months or so later. That and having a 24 hour clock is pretty redundant when you have AM and PM.

@Andreaz1 - I took this directly after I posted the original, it does state the exact time.

KAmN9.jpg

Edited by universetwisters

I know, that's where a clock comes in handy ;)They only show the time when either directly right as you post or a few months or so later. That and having a 24 hour clock is pretty redundant when you have AM and PM.

Based on that logic a 24 hour clock is always redundant, it comes down to a personal preference.

They only show the time when either directly right as you post or a few months or so later. That and having a 24 hour clock is pretty redundant when you have AM and PM.

Maybe if you're American. ;) Talk to someone from a non-English speaking country (which you are right now) and they'll tell you the exact opposite. A lot of people in the world use the 24-hour clock and so having it as an option makes perfect sense to me. AM and PM are also confusing for a lot of people, but then again I suppose having hours 13-23 is confusing to people who aren't used to it. I can't put myself in your situation as I grew up with it.

@Andreaz1 - I took this directly after I posted the original, it does state the exact time.

http://i.snag.gy/KAmN9.jpg

Strange, doesn't look like that for me, I'll test right after I post this reply.

[edit:] Here is what I see right after I made this reply, and there is no exact time:

F7P1Rdw.png

Edited by Andreaz1

universetwisters

The guy's profile says he's American, so unless he grew up on Army Bases or just really really likes the American flag, it's just an eyebrow raiser.

But sh*t, that's weird that it shows a minute for you and it tells the proper time for me.

The guy's profile says he's American, so unless he grew up on Army Bases or just really really likes the American flag, it's just an eyebrow raiser.

But sh*t, that's weird that it shows a minute for you and it tells the proper time for me.

I'm living in America*not Military*but I'm not American. As I said earlier personal preference and opinion.

If you hover over it you will get the exact post time

Yeah, but it's in GMT, not local time.

• Like 1

Ai®a©ob®a

Question....Why is this bugging you so much?

PhillBellic

For me it's minutes and hours. What Browser do you use?

Blame the admins. They can change it from the board settings or let us to use whatever we want. But no, they already got our mon... oh wait.

Yes please give us 24 hour clock a.k.a. let us change our own date format.

This:

dateformatlol.jpg

This makes the admins of GTAForums look bad.

• Like 2

Question....Why is this bugging you so much?

I was just looking for consistency.

Ai®a©ob®a

It shows difference on IE & on Firefox if i use Firefox it shows the time but if i use IE it shows 20 minutes ago.

So this has to do with the browser rather than the fourm itself.

Uni is an admin so he knows what he's talking about and besides they have much better things to do and worry about then a time table besides it depends on which browser you use is which you'll see it in 2:30 or 20 minutes ago.

If you don't like the way they're running things i'm sure you can find your way out the door.

PhillBellic

It shows difference on IE & on Firefox if i use Firefox it shows the time but if i use IE it shows 20 minutes ago.

What kind of Firefox do you use? Mine says it in minutes. For example; "Posted 5 minutes ago".

Strange, innit.

Ai®a©ob®a

What kind of Firefox do you use? Mine says it in minutes. For example; "Posted 5 minutes ago".

Strange, innit.

Whatever the newest version is i updated yesterday...

It shows you made your post @ 9:12am but on IE it says 9 minutes ago

PhillBellic

Strange, innit.

Do you use Windows, Mac, or Android?

Uni is an admin so he knows what he's talking about and besides they have much better things to do and worry about then a time table besides it depends on which browser you use is which you'll see it in 2:30 or 20 minutes ago.

If you don't like the way they're running things i'm sure you can find your way out the door.

I thought this thread is about the lack of 24-hour clock. Not about if it should show you time as letters instead of numbers only. My bad.

Ai®a©ob®a

Strange, innit.

Do you use Windows, Mac, or Android?

Windows on iPad it says minutes

Which Windows then? I'm on 7 and the newest Firefox as well, but I still only get "minutes".

I agree if it's something simple in the board settings, they should really give us the option.

PhillBellic

Which Windows then? I'm on 7 and the newest Firefox as well, but I still only get "minutes".

I agree if it's something simple in the board settings, they should really give us the option.

I have the latest Firefox, and Windows 7. Troubadour certainly has a weird set up then. :)

This is just weird. I wonder if it's down to some system language or locational settings. I'm out of thoughts.

Out of curiosity Phill, do you mostly use 12- or 24-hour clock in Australia?

universetwisters

I use firefox and it says "X hours, days, etc. ago", dunno if it's a browser thing or not.

PhillBellic

This is just weird. I wonder if it's down to some system language or locational settings. I'm out of thoughts.

Out of curiosity Phill, do you mostly use 12- or 24-hour clock in Australia?

All my computers, Tablet, and Phone have 24 Hour time settings. So after Mid-day it will say times like 13:45, 17:26, etc.

I use firefox and it says "X hours, days, etc. ago", dunno if it's a browser thing or not.

Same here, UT.