2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Griefers

billiam

I don't really understand the logic behind blowing up people personal vehicles considering that the most it can do is inconvenience players slightly. All I have to do when a griefer destroys my car is call MMI and get it back for free. I actually sometimes get in the way of griefers when I have nothing better to do as a counter troll of sorts just so they can blow up my vehicle and have to pay for it. But why is it they do it? I understand if it's for K/D but they also blow up empty vehicles too. Basically if you're a griefer reading this, tell me your logic xD

I always think it's funny when I have an impounded vehicle that I forget about and I'll be up north and suddenly I get a notification that "xXxTailBlazer-_-420xXx has destroyed your personal vehicle and paid for the insurance". Thanks bro, now I can have my car delivered to me again, for free!

From more strategical perspective, blowing up a victim's PV can be advantageous.

Since you spawn relatively close to where you got killed, it would be easy to chase down someone running away in stock vehicle thats unarmored with standard tire than chasing someone with his PV that would be decked out with upgrades and bulletproof tire.

Griefers are there not to grief once or twice, but sticking around to grief for prolonged period of time.

Valtiel150

So I guess it doesn't work out all that well for them when every time they blow up my PV, I hit triangle and spawn back in passive till they f*ck off?

Almost seems like a cry for attention, lol.

• Like 2

OP did you ever think it's not your PV we're after??

Every PV I've blown up had one thing in common...... a player driving it!

as I said, it's empty PVs too xD but even so, is it really worth spending sometimes over $10,000 just to get one kill? :p

Grumpy-GummyBear

Players grieving other players is something i dont understand..whats the point behind killing other players that dont want to fight in freeroam, I have quit trying to explore the map, hunt vehicles, sell or export vehicles while in public lobbies, because there is always some player being an ass.. and over 70% of the lobbies i enter it has become common to hear 1 player asking another player to stop killing them,

If you are the griever i guess it might make you feel like a badass to see someone you have killed several times leave the lobby, but in the end its just a game where your fingers and thumbs do the work, and when you stop playing you have to return the real world, where maybe you are nothing more than a pussy

• Like 1

CarcerCityMadMan

as I said, it's empty PVs too xD but even so, is it really worth spending sometimes over $10,000 just to get one kill? :p

it is so you can't escape right away getting more then one kill duh lol

• Like 1

there is no point to anything in this game

the designers kind of forgot about that or something

you just do stuff

PV destroyer griefers don't use karumas as they can't throw explosives therefore they'll be in unprotected cars. I find it is much easier to kill someone driving a car while I'm on foot than I do killing someone on foot while driving a car, this is probably the case for most GTA players. Therefore this whole "making it so you can't get away" is just an ineffective tactic xD

PV destroyer griefers don't use karumas as they can't throw explosives therefore they'll be in unprotected cars. I find it is much easier to kill someone driving a car while I'm on foot than I do killing someone on foot while driving a car, this is probably the case for most GTA players. Therefore this whole "making it so you can't get away" is just an ineffective tactic xD

Console or PC?

If you are using KBM, shooting and driving would give you much more protection than being on foot trying to defend yourself.

If you are on console, I would understand, since you do not have the option for KBM and have to rely on awkward controls while driving and shooting (as I often use controllers for driving purposes on PC).

Chloroform

The only time it's not acceptable to blow someones vehicle up, is if they're having fun by themselves or with a friend or pretty much minding their own business. Too many people go out of their way to make sure the people that are having fun dont, and that's f*cked up.

• Like 3

Console or PC?

If you are using KBM, shooting and driving would give you much more protection than being on foot trying to defend yourself.

If you are on console, I would understand, since you do not have the option for KBM and have to rely on awkward controls while driving and shooting (as I often use controllers for driving purposes on PC).

I'm on PS4 :) so yeah, drive by shooting controls are very awkward :p

JaegerPilot1

That would be logical, yet every player that has killed me and then blew my pv up has never stuck around, they always take off to another side of the map.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

I only blow up ocupied pv's and pvs of players that atacked me

• Like 2

TheNameless

The only time I will destroy a PV is if I am being chased.

I will relentlessly kill people who cross me, if I get a message asking me to leave them alone or they go in passive I will go on my way

ManassaxMauler

The real trick is to destroy another player's vehicle in such a way that they have to pay for the insurance themselves. That's what gets them mad. I had one guy giving me a hard time in his Karuma, so I pushed him and his car into the ocean with my Insurgent.

• Like 2

Players grieving other players is something i dont understand..whats the point behind killing other players that dont want to fight in freeroam, I have quit trying to explore the map, hunt vehicles, sell or export vehicles while in public lobbies, because there is always some player being an ass.. and over 70% of the lobbies i enter it has become common to hear 1 player asking another player to stop killing them,

If you are the griever i guess it might make you feel like a badass to see someone you have killed several times leave the lobby, but in the end its just a game where your fingers and thumbs do the work, and when you stop playing you have to return the real world, where maybe you are nothing more than a pussy

Am I an ass for placing a proximity mine down at Simeon's place at the Docks, when the notification comes up that Simeon wants a specific vehicle?

Some people won't even bother with it, but thing is, after playing this game for 17months now, I've gotta' find ways of making my own fun.

• Like 3

Sometimes I accidentally blow up an unoccupied PV.

I'll place an explosive on someone's PV after I have shot them out of it. Watch the minimap and wait to get an unexpected follow-up kill. Sometimes I misjudge. Sometimes NPC drivers detonate proximity mines that were intended for a player.

Or yes, to inconvenience a player. Some players refuse to drive anything other than their precious PV. Snipe them just after they have a chance to call their mechanic and are standing out in the open.

If I'm chasing/running away in a stolen car from the street, I'll want to buy myself some time and or level the playing field a little.

But this is in consensual combat where everyone is a willing participant. A griefer may blow up your car if they can't kill you.

Soran Is On

Because some men just want to watch the world burn.

Regardless of the insurance cost.

• Like 4

Yes, playing in free roam is not for peasants...... :pp

CarcerCityMadMan

I think you must understood the logic.It so they cannot drive away right away allowing you to get more kills,since i have killed way more ppl then you have what do i know right lolsmh

Edited by CarcerCityMadMan
  • Like 1

I only blow up PV's if it's a Kuruma or a bullet proof super and someone is in it trying to kill me exploiting their PV's advantages.

I find it funny when I see a Zentorno driver taking their time trying to shoot me in reverse as they think I won't blow them up. F*cking idiots, I'm not going to be cheaply killed no matter the cost.

You can call MMI all you want and I'll keep blowing you up.

Edited by Heists

Chloroform

I blow up tryhards kurumas everyday all day long x)

The problem is, I bet you blow up all kurumas even the ones that aren't bothering you.

If they blow up my cars i just start to laugh because i always going to remember when some low level( i am low level too) blow up my Jester Racecar and didn't know about the insurance and he have pay like 40k i think and he start crying to me to give his money back.

I think you must understood the logic.It so they cannot drive away right away allowing you to get more kills,since i have killed way more ppl then you have what do i know right lolsmh

English motherf*cker do you speak it? but seriously your comment doesn't make much sense and certainly isn't a response to my last comment, cause you're literally just repeating what the previous guy said, and then claiming you have more kills that me which seems totally irrelevant; even if it is true which you have no evidence of xD

Grumpy-GummyBear

Am I an ass for placing a proximity mine down at Simeon's place at the Docks, when the notification comes up that Simeon wants a specific vehicle?

Some people won't even bother with it, but thing is, after playing this game for 17months now, I've gotta' find ways of making my own fun.

A proximity mine at the docks, or trying to start a fight to see if ya can get a freeroam deathmatch going does not really make you an ass, i am talking about the repeated killing ect of players that dont want to take part,

Yes i guess after 17 months you have done everything a time or three, and i can understand the game getting stale and finding new ways to keep it fresh, and might be time to find another game, I am new to GTA but not new to gaming, I look for ways to make games last longer,

I have ran into a few people doing this, and it can be fun to join and and play along......i guess what gripes me the most is people who do the killing ect, are afraid to say HI or maybe try and make a friend by speaking up, i at level 39 and below have went up against players of levels 200 plus, yes i was killed a lot, it didnt seem to much like grief when your getting to know someone

You are an ass

• when you keep killing another player who does not want to take part in killing
  • when you run over and kill players in passive mode
  • you sit and wait for a player in passive mode to get inside a vehicle so you can kill them (why does passive mode not work in a vehicle)
  • you have no respect for other players and what they may be trying to do