2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Paleto Egg Clock (always stuck at 12:00)

rockstarloar

rockstarloar

Hey guys, Im new here. I know this has been known for awhile, But I wanted to check to see if anyone figured anything else out about this clock yet?

Interesting notes:

- clocks are always stuck between hour 12:00 and 1:00. The structure that the clocks are mounted on has 3 sides, only 2 have clocks on them.

- 1 side with a clock has a "v" bar crossing behind the clock (front clock in screen), the other doesnt.

W6rr6h0.jpg

Soemthing else pretty interesting is that the front of the lighthouse (windows and door) eeem to be pointing directly at these closkc. THe observatory is also direcly south of these clocks. I hoep I can get some new info on these things, as Ive searched for awhile but nobody seems to have made progress or figured out why they are stuck at 12:00

Edited by rockstarloar

GamesBoy316

2 things:

1: I don't think I ever saw the clock like that.

2: Who are you talking to in the chat?

Edited by GamesBoy316

paulmgrath

1. i think its a egg timer

2 lightouse is on other side of map how do you know they line up?

Edited by paulmgrath
  • Like 1

tranceking26

First of all, nice parking.

Second, this clock has been discussed a lot over at the chiliad mystery reddit. They think it could be linked to something but nobodys sure.

• Like 1

rockstarloar

2 things:

1: I never knew the clock was like that.

2: Who are you talking to in the chat?

yea im sure many dont know about it yet, but it's defienlty been looked into before. I just want to have a current discussion about it,

And that was just some random person talking to someone else

First of all, nice parking.

Second, this clock has been discussed a lot over at the chiliad mystery reddit. They think it could be linked to something but nobodys sure.

thanks. yea it's one of the weridest things we've found so far

1. i think its a egg timer

2 lightouse is on other side of map how do you know they line up?

yea, it has to correspond to something, I doubt Rockstar would have left an obvious glitch in so long w/o fixing

I went to the lighthouse after makring the clocks on my map, and when looking out from the lighthouse door, it seems to be directly ahead.

WorldWideFM

I hate to be that guy at the party who ruins everything but... uhh... maybe it's just a clock?

NY time has always been fixed to midnight, likely so they didn't have to waste time developing a proper time cycle for an area you only spend a few minutes in. It makes perfect sense to run a clock that reflects this time too.

• Like 2

rockstarloar

I hate to be that guy at the party who ruins everything but... uhh... maybe it's just a clock?

NY time has always been fixed to midnight, likely so they didn't have to waste time developing a proper time cycle for an area you only spend a few minutes in. It makes perfect sense to run a clock that reflects this time too.

Well the time cycle isn't programmed per area, it seems to be global. All the clocks sync up to a global time, which is already reflected by your cellphone. It wouldn't be a big deal for a programmer to sync up 1 more object with the global time when there are plenty of other clocks that work perfectly. Im, not ruling out that it's a glitch or accident, but I doubt it's because they decided Paleto Bay isnt important enough to have a functional clock.

Edited by rockstarloar

Cutter De Blanc

The minute hands move. The hour does not. The clock is always illuminated, so I'm assuming the hour hands are stuck at midnight rather than noon. Anybody checked the clocks at midnight yet?

• Like 1

Ten minutes to midnight? It's the Doomsday Clock!

Edited by Ixnay
  • Like 2

Lemoyne outlaw

interesting i always thought the clock looked cool. this does seem odd. i might investigate this.

• Like 1

rockstarloar

The minute hands move. The hour does not. The clock is always illuminated, so I'm assuming the hour hands are stuck at midnight rather than noon. Anybody checked the clocks at midnight yet?

good point. I guess ill try looking around midnight more

Lemoyne outlaw

i did some checking and it was interesting. only two sides have the clock. i also climbed a tower and saw the clock from a distance and you could barely see the hand move. another thing i noticed when i was doing my routine rampage in ammunation. i saw a clock inside and it did the same thing stuck on twelve and the other hand moves. im assuming its a glitch or something. this could be a good myth for myth hunting. i also checked the map and like someone said the observatory is due south of the clock.

It's just a clock that doesn't move.

Someone forgot to insert the batteries.

rockstarloar

i did some checking and it was interesting. only two sides have the clock. i also climbed a tower and saw the clock from a distance and you could barely see the hand move. another thing i noticed when i was doing my routine rampage in ammunation. i saw a clock inside and it did the same thing stuck on twelve and the other hand moves. im assuming its a glitch or something. this could be a good myth for myth hunting. i also checked the map and like someone said the observatory is due south of the clock.

thats weird, so like WorldWideFM said, the whole town seems to be stuck @ 12:00

Ill see if I can find any other clocks in Paleto Bay. I still buy that this was Rockstar just being lazy and not programming these clocks. There has to be a reason.

Also a side not, which many already know. The 2 ron signs in town have those odd symbols appear at nigh. But this has been chalked up as most likely a lighting glitch

paulmgrath

theres clocks in the backs of ammunation that work that most people never see that work fine so imo no glitch or memory saving affect.

I think probs egg timer because shaped like egg, paleto bay home of cluckin bell as well.

Maybe you have 1 min to do something... maybe the giant chicken with the cone on its heads involved...maybe this is what the cock on the mountain was pointing at

or probs just nothing:(

edit: we could do with someone checking the files

Edited by paulmgrath