2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

A wild hacker appears...(Discussion on reporting)

DerpCat

87 members have voted

1. 1. Will R* do anything?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

A wild hacker appears and starts killing players in passive mode. (On PC), So, how likely is it R* will do anything more than a 2 week ban if you send them video evidence and screenshots of them hacking to kill players ?

I want to know if anyone else had experience reporting cheaters and if anything was ever done with over whelming evidence against them.

side note: I made a ticket with video and screenshots of this, fully detailed.....Will R* do anything ?

EDIT: They replied to my ticket and closed it finally. Still no clue if they did anything

It's gamer's like you who keep the enthusiasm and spirits high of the other fellow gamer's. We also appreciate the effort you took to keep the gaming environment legitimate and fair.

Please keep reporting if you come across any more cheats and mods being used by other gamer's.

Thank You again for reporting the cheater report. If you have any concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,

Rockstar Support

Edited by DerpCat
  • Like 1

Quinn_flower

wait you can get killed in passive in pc? I havent touched online on that due to people like that. I just stick to ps4 for online and pc for sp mods.

BamaGoodfella

As long as you submitted video evidence to R*, then yes they will more than likely take action against the player. As for how long the ban lasts, that depends on whether or not it's that player's first offense.

Ai®a©ob®a

But the issue with that is the modder can give someone else the credit for his kills i've seen it done on PS3 and i'm sure it can be done on PC using the same kind of trainer.

Happened to me today in 2 sessions but i forgot to make a video, i gonna stick with Invite Only sessions for now.

• Like 1

wait you can get killed in passive in pc? I havent touched online on that due to people like that. I just stick to ps4 for online and pc for sp mods.

Modder can spawn an explosion next to you, counting as a suicide aka no player name. After they found out i was recording, they started spamming that key, so i was spawn trapped. it gave no name BUT i got video of them before using all kinds of explosive ammo, player npc mods, ect. Its easy to see who did it.

User also bragged the most they get is a 2 week ban before they did it again. That is if R* does anything.

I'm half and half on this, part of me thinks nothing will be done, other part thinks maybe something will be done but it will be a temp ban, allowing the player to do this again.

Edited by DerpCat

Modder can spawn an explosion next to you, counting as a suicide aka no player name. After they found out i was recording, they started spamming that key, so i was spawn trapped. it gave no name BUT i got video of them before using all kinds of explosive ammo, player npc mods, ect. Its easy to see who did it.

User also bragged the most they get is a 2 week ban before they did it again. That is if R* does anything.

I'm half and half on this, part of me thinks nothing will be done, other part thinks maybe something will be done but it will be a temp ban, allowing the player to do this again.

This happened to me on ps3 today...Sadly this isn't exclusive to PC.

Well heres the thing, on PC, I have a program called Shadowplay running while I game, it doesnt have frame drops and on the press of 1 key it saves the last 20 mins of play. Because its always recording with temp files, if i run into a cheater 1 key press just saved the last 20 mins of my gameplay so i have an easier time getting evidence on them. I just hope on PC these factors will come into play more often and it will be easier to deal with the cheaters.

Edited by DerpCat

MeatSafeMurderer

As far as I know the punishment is progressively longer and longer. It will be a 2 week ban the first time, then a month, then 2 months, then 4 months. While they don't actually appear to perma-ban if you keep cheating then you might as well be...your sentence will quickly get into the years. I myself have seen two 2 week bans (on PS3) so they definitely do ban people :)

Wild Hacker appeared? sh*t.

Throw the duped Master Ball, man.

Ai®a©ob®a

As far as I know the punishment is progressively longer and longer. It will be a 2 week ban the first time, then a month, then 2 months, then 4 months. While they don't actually appear to perma-ban if you keep cheating then you might as well be...your sentence will quickly get into the years. I myself have seen two 2 week bans (on PS3) so they definitely do ban people :)

2 Weeks

1 Month

Permabanned

Quinn_flower

Wild Hacker appeared? sh*t.

Throw the duped Master Ball, man.

player uses report cheaters

it's not very effective

modder uses rape mod

it is super effective

player defense Is lowered

player is confused....

Edited by Quinn_flower
  • Like 3

damn those modders got no imagination, exploding pfft, attach a beach fire now thats fun..................and no I don't go into public lobbies so I am safe

• Like 1

Well heres the thing, on PC, I have a program called Shadowplay running while I game, it doesnt have frame drops and on the press of 1 key it saves the last 20 mins of play. Because its always recording with temp files, if i run into a cheater 1 key press just saved the last 20 mins of my gameplay so i have an easier time getting evidence on them. I just hope on PC these factors will come into play more often and it will be easier to deal with the cheaters.

I have Shadowplay always on too. The record "last 5 minutes" option is the best for issues like this. However reporting and uploading the video takes a lot of time. After a while the player will get bored anyway.

A wild hacker appears and starts killing players in passive mode. (On PC), So, how likely is it R* will do anything more than a 2 week ban if you send them video evidence and screenshots of them hacking to kill players ?

I want to know if anyone else had experience reporting cheaters and if anything was ever done with over whelming evidence against them.

side note: I made a ticket with video and screenshots of this, fully detailed.....Will R* do anything ?

First things first.... did they kill you via a weapon, or did they just run over you in a vehicle?

I do record them too, I've got my youtube channel full of video evidences I sent to banhammer.

Probably it's worth them a ban, for example I found 3 people already abusing deathmaches and those I'm inclined to think are permabanned with first offense, but I also recorded troll object spawners online and those probably get a simple ban offense. I think it depends on how the player is abusing the mods, is not the same to blow everyone in the session up than to high jump around as a monkey while being in godmode and not attacking anyone (recorded those cases also, and in the case of the multi explosions the player that doesn't die is the modder you have to report, not the one who does the kills).

I won't stop my reporting because I don't want them to ruin online (I find single player modding awesome, not being unfair to other players in any way, zero advantages), if it makes you feel better you aren't the only one reporter, is not useless, R* even gave me 100k as thank you, here's the proof, don't give up:

Parker S., May 2, 6:45 PM:

Hello -DELETED-,

We thank you for the information you have given. We have noted these mods and will be working to get it fixed. Since you have reported us on this mods, we have provided you GTA$ 100,000 as a gift from us.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,

Parker S.
Rockstar Support

• Like 2

I have Shadowplay always on too. The record "last 5 minutes" option is the best for issues like this. However reporting and uploading the video takes a lot of time. After a while the player will get bored anyway.

I have it set to 20 by editing the default time, because sometimes I run into things that really a 20 min video is worth recording, and I can just cut the 7 mins of nothing interesting out. I rather do that when miss out on 15 mins worth wild video.

First things first.... did they kill you via a weapon, or did they just run over you in a vehicle?

They had the independence DLC rifle that shot as fast as a minigun, that has explosive rounds in it. I jumped in passive, and they used a kill command to kill me while I was in passive mode.

-------------

Update: 20 hours later since ticket, no reply.

Edited by DerpCat

Either you will get a automatic reply or you get any at all.

For real now, things like this on PC were bound to happen anyway..

I reported hacker once with video evidence and they banned him half hour after sending report.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Its pc....if my character woud ever retire to that place i first want to learn how to mod

Sky_Light12

yeah , seeing as second modder invasion is started and there's no sign of banwave or undercover snitches

Yes I will report him and since I have ShadowPlay on all the time, I will record his cheating, upload to youtube in 1080p 60FPS and send it straight to R*. Let them see the cheater in glorious full HD at 60FPS and let his ban be of "high definition" :D

Shadowfennekin

A guy messaged me yesterday immediately upon entering a lobby to message his kik and he'll drop money for me giving him real money. lol no thanks.

He made reporting him so much easier. I took a picture of the message and sent it to R*

Update: Got this reply after resubmitting the ticket.

Thank you for the cheater report. We appreciate your cooperation in helping to keep GTA Online fair for all players, and will look into this.

Best regards,

Note: No mention of the picture or video I left in the ticket. Think anything will come of it?

Ran into another hacker, this time the player was lvl 9 and was using godmode 24/7. Made another ticket, with full video. User started bragging how they would just make another account if they got banned to mod again if they where caught since they have the retail version of the game.

Is that true? can retail owners of the game get banned and just make new account after being banned?

You know, call me "crazy" but I dont think R* can keep up with all the hacker report tickets.

Edited by DerpCat

Ran into another hacker, this time the player was lvl 9 and was using godmode 24/7. Made another ticket, with full video. User started bragging how they would just make another account if they got banned to mod again if they where caught since they have the retail version of the game.

Is that true? can retail owners of the game get banned and just make new account after being banned?

You know, call me "crazy" but I dont think R* can keep up with all the hacker report tickets.

I'm not 100% sure, but it might be possible all they do is change their ip address and create a new account, and they're back in business. Unless the console has some sort of ID on it that i'm not aware of, then it's probably possible.

ThaBirdCoot

How many more hacker/modder threaths are we going to get this month ? sh*t's crazy.

Hello, Welcome to Online gaming in the 21st century people, get used to it.

I'm not 100% sure, but it might be possible all they do is change their ip address and create a new account, and they're back in business. Unless the console has some sort of ID on it that i'm not aware of, then it's probably possible.

We are talking about PC players here, not console.

nWo_Y2J_2015

A wild hacker appears

I was expecting something else. Touche